Is there a way instruct analysts (or scouts) to search for players based on performance-based statistics?

I'm wondering if there is a way that you can use analysts (or scouts) to look for certain statistics in players based on performances rather than attributes? For example, can I instruct someone at my club to look for central defenders with high success rates in aerial duels, or full backs who attempt high amounts of crosses, or central midfielders who complete high levels of forward dribbles/ball carries?

Over the last couple of months I've found that although attributes are hugely important, things like player traits can be hugely undervalued - for example I have a  two central midfielders who compete for the CM(A) role - one of them has objectively better stats, however the weaker option (on paper) has more attacking traits and is far more effective in game. 

On 07/01/2021 at 12:46, Whalix said:

I'm wondering if there is a way that you can use analysts (or scouts) to look for certain statistics in players based on performances rather than attributes? For example, can I instruct someone at my club to look for central defenders with high success rates in aerial duels, or full backs who attempt high amounts of crosses, or central midfielders who complete high levels of forward dribbles/ball carries?

Over the last couple of months I've found that although attributes are hugely important, things like player traits can be hugely undervalued - for example I have a  two central midfielders who compete for the CM(A) role - one of them has objectively better stats, however the weaker option (on paper) has more attacking traits and is far more effective in game. 

I think so, to an extent, but it feels largely broken. 

If you go to Scouting Centre and press (at least on mine) "General - all" which is next to Scouting Responsibility (note I have scouting assignments delegated. This option isn't available if you control the scouting assignments). It will bring up the below:

20210108130312_1.thumb.jpg.b74d2f8ef5f2c7adbac078ff9b681613.jpg

The choose a position on the left, this will open up the drop down for the analyst options at the bottom. Then from the drop down select what metrics you want them to look out for. Worth noting that hardly any of these actually work... You can't select any which are per 90 nor any which are percent based. So really it's largely pointless to be honest.

I think the best thing to do if you want your scouts/analysts to do the work is to set these assignments during the recruitment meeting that happens before the window opens and then at the end, rather than part way through a season. I believe the per 90 and percentage options do work during the recruitment meeting section.

Alternatively, have a search for players yourself and then send your scout/analyst to view them and get their report. You can search by specific metrics using the search:

20210108130728_1.thumb.jpg.6b11d60401c658a63a6336890a93d911.jpg

36 minutes ago, Renyy said:

Do they not work or do they require full detail on matches they analyze?

You can select them from the dropdown list but they don't show up under "analyst will look for". I'm not sure why you would need full detail on anything if the non-90/% options work and they're selectable (I think) during the recruitment meetings. You can select 'shots' and 'shots on target' but not 'shots/90' or 'shots on target %'.