Unfamiliar with tactics

This really isn't a big deal, but I'm curious what the story is here. I've been playing with one team for over a full year now, using the same tactic in all three tactic slots. And I STILL get players who have been with the club that whole time, playing in the same position, saying during pregame that they are "unfamiliar with the tactic". Do you guys get that too? I mean seriously, when are they going to be familiar?

Every game it tells me the same player is used to playing a more direct game after 7 seasons of short passing so I'd say quite a lot longer than one year. 

I've had the best defensive record for the past 2 seasons but every game several players still think the formation will expose us at the back. It certainly could, but by now they should realise its not worth getting upset about. 

3 hours ago, Iakovenko said:

Every game it tells me the same player is used to playing a more direct game after 7 seasons of short passing so I'd say quite a lot longer than one year. 

I've had the best defensive record for the past 2 seasons but every game several players still think the formation will expose us at the back. It certainly could, but by now they should realise its not worth getting upset about. 

Haha. Ah well, like I said, it's not really a big deal, but it's one of those little things that kind of breaks the immersion and makes you go "Oh, right, it's just a video game."