Mentoring Players - "Not able to benefit from further mentoring"

it appears a player can only be mentored by one player? And if you cancel it or the player leaves on loan, then he cant be mentored again when he returns?

I.e If you have a 16 year old (Called Joe Bloggs) and you mentor him with Messi to improve his dribbling, then send Joe Bloggs the 16 year old on loan, you cant then mentor him with another player or even Messi when he comes back from loan? Its also the same if players dont get on with their mentor - if you cancel the current mentor then you cant give him a new mentor.

It says - Joe Bloggs is not able to benefit from further mentoring?

As an improvement, i would like to be able to change who is mentoring players and if players come back from loan, then give them a new mentor?

Thanks

• SI Staff

i'll take a look at this for you - the first issue seems like its a bug, as we have had bugs in the past where the mentoring has continued while the player is on loan which doesnt make sense. The second issue seems like it could be specific to your save - could you upload this for me so i can take a look?

here's how: 

That text should only show when a player has been mentored to their maximum potential or the players you have at your disposal arent good enough to mentor the player anymore, so i'll check for that. 

5 hours ago, Daniel Dawson said:

i'll take a look at this for you - the first issue seems like its a bug, as we have had bugs in the past where the mentoring has continued while the player is on loan which doesnt make sense. The second issue seems like it could be specific to your save - could you upload this for me so i can take a look?

here's how: 

That text should only show when a player has been mentored to their maximum potential or the players you have at your disposal arent good enough to mentor the player anymore, so i'll check for that. 

No its the same in all my games also the same problems with mentoring

If you cancel the partnership early on, you can normally set them another mentor, however once it gets past a certain point it won't let you reassign. 

Also, yes, if you set up a partnership and the mentee ends up going on loan, depending on how long they were being mentored for, you may or may not be able to reassign on their return. 

The biggest issue I have with the mentoring system is how the progress is paused due to an injury to one of the individuals involved. Surely mentoring isn't just an 'on the pitch' thing. I agree the progress could slow down but it shouldn't be paused imo. 

Edited by passenger58

• SI Staff

Yeah there might be something funny going on here with being unable to restart mentoring after the first tick of gains are made. Ill make sure to check this out.

Injuries pausing mentoring are certainly by design, Rich felt that while players are undergoing rehabilitation and so they wont be around the squad, and will be cut off from their mentor/mentee. I agree that it's both on pitch and off the pitch, but often players are taken away to do their injury recovery outside of training.