FM21 "Increase realism megapack" - October Update by Daveincid ( 01.10.2021)

Also I notice the finance mod might make the life of  Hotspur or Atlético Madrid players much harder.. After the first season, even with CL quality, they still have almost trivial transfer budget while their competitor have much more budget. I guess it is because of 0 balance at the start? Since both clubs have a lot of debts, so with limited spon sors at the begining, they barely have any budget to buy players. 

BTW, not relevent to this mod, I think the Liverpool itself is very financially unrealistic in this game... In reality they barely have any money to sign stars, but they are super rich in the game:onmehead:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 11 Minuten schrieb BigDaddyNotail:

Also I notice the finance mod might make the life of  Hotspur or Atlético Madrid players much harder.. After the first season, even with CL quality, they still have almost trivial transfer budget while their competitor have much more budget. I guess it is because of 0 balance at the start? Since both clubs have a lot of debts, so with limited spon sors at the begining, they barely have any budget to buy players. 

Balance is not the same as transfer-budget. You can have a negative balance but still a decent transfer budget, that's how economics work (Sad but true):lol:

vor 12 Minuten schrieb BigDaddyNotail:

BTW, not relevent to this mod, I think the Liverpool itself is very financially unrealistic in this game... In reality they barely have any money to sign stars, but they are super rich in the game:onmehead:

I am not 100% sure but I think they do have money, they just follow another philosophy.

Started with Utrecht on 01.02.2021 by selecting a Brazilian start date and disabled 1st window transfer budget with all of these files via FMscout pack:

explorer_2021-03-13_14-11-15.png.68710acd1cc6cc7a6b3dd048446457cf.png

At the end of season, before July 1st, I managed to make some transfers and had around ~6.5 Mil  still avaialable but all of these money was wiped after July 1st for me and for everyone who had a mini window like italian, french and german teams. Sadly, the english teams did not have any posibility to buy/sell someone. So what happened? Should I expect the same behaviour the next window(s) => delete save and restart?

fm_2021-03-13_14-04-29.thumb.png.8927a2a09c4a0205cee0d88a09b89087.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-00-40.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-01-13.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-01-39.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-01-55.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-02-55.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-03-47.png

vor 22 Minuten schrieb klaasjan:

Started with Utrecht on 01.02.2021 by selecting a Brazilian start date and disabled 1st window transfer budget with all of these files via FMscout pack:

explorer_2021-03-13_14-11-15.png.68710acd1cc6cc7a6b3dd048446457cf.png

At the end of season, before July 1st, I managed to make some transfers and had around ~6.5 Mil  still avaialable but all of these money was wiped after July 1st for me and for everyone who had a mini window like italian, french and german teams. Sadly, the english teams did not have any posibility to buy/sell someone. So what happened? Should I expect the same behaviour the next window(s) => delete save and restart?

fm_2021-03-13_14-04-29.thumb.png.8927a2a09c4a0205cee0d88a09b89087.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-00-40.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-01-13.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-01-39.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-01-55.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-02-55.png

fm_2021-03-13_14-03-47.png

I don't know the exact behaviour if you start that early with a european team, because european teams don't have any games for half a season but still have running costs.  The english teams should do transfers in the winter transfer-window again.

Despite that you have selected some files two times, with an old version and a newer one as well as files that conflict. So it's hard to say what exactly could be the problem.

Cheers

Daveincid

Edited by Daveincid

The regular FM start date for european clubs is on July 1st 2020 (01.07.2020), but you can start even earlier if selecting Belarus. Wasn't my case as I have started 7 months later on Feb 1st 2021 (01.02.2021), 1st day after winter transfer window, for much more realism (I was looking after a 20th placed Sheffield tbh, but settled with Utrecht). That basically means I have jumped 2 transfer windows and was forward to the 3rd one (according to SI) but my 1st one according to my start.

Sadly there was an SI bug/file conflict as the game interpreted my wish to  have 1st (or 3rd?) transfer window disabled for everyone really different (I would have liked that SI should have wiped the budgets for everyone for summer 2021, too). Sadly, NED, ITA, POR, FRA and the rest nations which end their seasons earlier than 30.06 had a mini-window to buy/sell until that date. On 01,07.2021, most of the budgets were set to 0 until deadline day when everyone got some money and did as many transfer as possible in a day.

Fast forward to 03.01.2022, the day I choose to come back from my holiday, and my budget is still without those 6.8 Mil mentioned earlier, while others are not really looking as good as PSG who are still on steroids.

So, most likely SI has a new bug to fix (they won't) as their AI can't really understand that the overall trasnfer window is from everyone's end of the season (June 12th / 15 th, 30th) until the deadline day (August 31th).

In my case and probably for everyone looking to start as late as possible for much more realism, the most likely solutions seem to be one of these:

1.  start at the end of December 2020, with 1st transfer window blocked, which would mean a decent chance of different financial behaviour and maybe some Sheffield United situations like in reality;
  2.  start at whatever date in 2021, without 1st transfer window blocked IF they somehow manage to simulate some results closer to reality (ex. 20th placed Sheffield United).

PS. v1 still won't work as I remember taking over Palermo around December 20th with 1st transfer window disabled and still had money to spend in January (most likely because of that SI bug).

Overall, after re-analising everything, despite our best intentions, in certain (overzealous) situations, the transfer behaviour file seems to bring more chaos than expected due to that SI bug. 

fm_2021-03-13_19-24-11.thumb.png.8d3914de4733e65ad3aa12b4f5d233b0.pngfm_2021-03-13_19-01-51.thumb.png.d8514c20352ae5a8c26d0b15b20892f0.pngfm_2021-03-13_18-58-22.thumb.png.5fb50f9d70c2a32420b061089d6c305f.pngfm_2021-03-13_18-58-00.thumb.png.946ca6b94e74cba9561303bac45c81c9.pngfm_2021-03-13_18-57-43.thumb.png.9b42fc879543d36ec5b6bafb27e0c7ac.png

Edited by klaasjan
I'm not a native english speaker and I might have made some grammar mistakes I'm trying to correct.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb klaasjan:

The regular FM start date for european clubs is on July 1st 2020 (01.07.2020), but you can start even earlier if selecting Belarus. Wasn't my case as I have started 7 months later on Feb 1st 2021 (01.02.2021), 1st day after winter transfer window, for much more realism (I was looking after a 20th placed Sheffield tbh, but settled with Utrecht). That basically means I have jumped 2 transfer windows and was forward to the 3rd one (according to SI) but my 1st one according to my start.

Sadly there was an SI bug/file conflict as the game interpreted my wish to  have 1st (or 3rd?) transfer window disabled for everyone really different (I would have liked that SI should have wiped the budgets for everyone for summer 2021, too). Sadly, NED, ITA, POR, FRA and the rest nations which end their seasons earlier than 30.06 had a mini-window to buy/sell until that date. On 01,07.2021, most of the budgets were set to 0 until deadline day when everyone got some money and did as many transfer as possible in a day.

Fast forward to 03.01.2022, the day I choose to come back from my holiday, and my budget is still without those 6.8 Mil mentioned earlier, while others are not really looking as good as PSG who are still on steroids.

So, most likely SI has a new bug to fix (they won't) as their AI can't really understand that the overall trasnfer window is from everyone's end of the season (June 12th / 15 th, 30th) until the deadline day (August 31th).

In my case and probably for everyone looking to start as late as possible for much more realism, the most likely solutions seem to be one of these:

1.  start at the end of December 2020, with 1st transfer window blocked, which would mean a decent chance of different financial behaviour and maybe some Sheffield United situations like in reality;
  2.  start at whatever date in 2021, without 1st transfer window blocked IF they somehow manage to simulate some results closer to reality (ex. 20th placed Sheffield United).

PS. v1 still won't work as I remember taking over Palermo around December 20th with 1st transfer window disabled and still had money to spend in January (most likely because of that SI bug).

Overall, after re-analising everything, despite our best intentions, in certain (overzealous) situations, the transfer behaviour file seems to bring more chaos than expected due to that SI bug. 

fm_2021-03-13_19-24-11.thumb.png.8d3914de4733e65ad3aa12b4f5d233b0.pngfm_2021-03-13_19-01-51.thumb.png.d8514c20352ae5a8c26d0b15b20892f0.pngfm_2021-03-13_18-58-22.thumb.png.5fb50f9d70c2a32420b061089d6c305f.pngfm_2021-03-13_18-58-00.thumb.png.946ca6b94e74cba9561303bac45c81c9.pngfm_2021-03-13_18-57-43.thumb.png.9b42fc879543d36ec5b6bafb27e0c7ac.png

Interessting! I found a way to avoid this problem :) Will be fixed in the next update!

vor 1 Minute schrieb klaasjan:

When are you expecting to release it? (I'm going to restart as the that save seems too ridiculous)

It depends how much I need to change after the next update + 1 proper longterm-test. Usually it takes arround 10 days because I also grant early-access to my supporters on patreon :) 

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Gabez:

Hey!

"Daveincid's other improvements v2.0 "

Could you explain this? What specific improvements do you mean? :)

Thanks!

it's mainly ticket-price adjustments and 3 salary-corrections causing typos. :)

Cheers

Daveincid

vor 1 Minute schrieb dastrokes88:

Sorry to sound impatient but is there an ETA for the next update for 21.4? Cant start a new save without your files now. Thanks:lol:.

I feel you, I'm impatient aswell:D There is a lot I'm currently fine-tuning compared to BETA. There is also a cooperation ongoing with the league files from @davie77 which is massive once it's done:lol: If all works fine there will be Early-Access this Friday for all "Hot-Prospects"-Supporters, so you will receive a link:brock:

Cheers

Daveincid

EARLY-ACCESS to my FINAL VERSION of my "Increase-Realism"-Megapack for FM21 to all supporters which have donated at least 1£ on patreon or paypal during my whole process to show you my gratitude :applause:

Have a nice weekend!:)

Cheers
Daveincid

vor 1 Minute schrieb the_hdk:

still possible to donate now to get hands on it? :)

if so where?

Sure! It would be very kind:) the links to patreon and paypal are at the end of the main post :)

Cheers

Daveincid

8 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

Sure! It would be very kind:) the links to patreon and paypal are at the end of the main post :)

Cheers

Daveincid

nice, thansk for quick reply. send you paypal...with note it was from me :)

On 19/03/2021 at 11:27, Daveincid said:

EARLY-ACCESS to my FINAL VERSION of my "Increase-Realism"-Megapack for FM21 to all supporters which have donated at least 1£ on patreon or paypal during my whole process to show you my gratitude :applause:

Have a nice weekend!:)

Cheers
Daveincid

great work daveincid, your hard work is much appreciated. I have a query about one of the files (alternate youth) I've had a look through the file to see what edits are made and i can't understand your reasoning for the ratings you have used.  

The highest rated African nation is Egypt (56 yr) yet countries like Georgia, India, Finland, Iran, china are rated higher. in the base game there are at least 7-9 African teams in the top 30 but on yours there's not even 1 in the top 60 it seems to me that African nations are rated lower than many smaller European and south American nations. what is the reasoning for that? why are china suddenly amongst the top 10 when in base game there outside the top 80? what impact does this have on the game as this is meant to be a realism mod?

The highest youth rating in the base game is 168 and yours is 115. why so low? 

on the main page, under the explanation of the finances mod you gave a really explanation on how to understand the tax

"How should you interpret this tax in the game?

If a player from Club A moves to Club B for 50m, and Nation A has a transfer-tax-rate of 30%, they will immediately pay 15m of taxes as soon the player moved to Club B. So the transfer-fee is 50m, but the selling Club only gets 35. This way I was able to avoid that Nations who buy cheap and sell high will be represented badly in the future, because theese teams are going to pay extremely high transfer-fees and salaries which they would never do in reality, not even close."

As youth is probably the biggest part of the game for most players i think a more detailed explanation of what the youth mod does and the reasoning behind the edits made would be really helpful for others and myself to understand if we want to add it to our game as this mod is not really effective til at least 4-5 seasons in when more players are generated. i have watched the video but it only shows that aren't lots of worldclass players

vor einer Stunde schrieb J-Hood:

great work daveincid, your hard work is much appreciated.

hi mate! than you very much!

I explained it earlier somewhere in this thread:

1. The most important point is that a national youth-rating is by far not the only indicator of how good newgens are. There are so many other factors aswell. So you can't just judge by the youth rating

2. There are a lot of african talent, which started their career directly in Europe (Very often in France) So they have dual-nationality. So there are a lot of french-african players and some of them decide for the african Nation later ingame.

3. The youth-rating is in general that low because by default there are way too many high PA-Players generated by default. There are threads about this topic on SI-Forum. I made a lot of tests and posted the results also on here.

Cheers

Daveincid

Gerade eben schrieb Chagas:

A little bit of topic, but this database does not work with fm20? i'm eager to play but i dont have fm21 currently.

I'm 99,3% it won't. You could load all files with the fm20-editor and try to verify them and run some test's. But it would highly surpize me if they all work properly.

Cheers

Daveincid

Combination with League Megapacks

I was lucky to work close with @davie77 and I must admit, his work is absolutely genious! Incredible level of detail! Currently there are Asia, South-America, North-America and Oceania available! 

It's 100% compatible with my files and it includes fixes, which weren't possible in my files, because they must be added in every single league-file.  So if you want to have the best experience for realism, his league-files are the way to go!:applause:

i already wrote in the other thread...WOW!!! That's bonkers!!! Amazing work!!! But i will wait for Africa and Europe... but i guess i can't wait so long...will play with your files and the packages available during my holidays.. yihaa!!! 

every single file has to be placed in the editor data folder? or can i copy the folders and put them in there?

Edited by balldoktor81

vor 22 Minuten schrieb balldoktor81:

i already wrote in the other thread...WOW!!! That's bonkers!!! Amazing work!!! But i will wait for Africa and Europe... but i guess i can't wait so long...will play with your files and the packages available during my holidays.. yihaa!!! 

every single file has to be placed in the editor data folder? or can i copy the folders and put them in there?

I am surprized myself what this years edition is capable of :D I wait for Africa too, but let the maestro doing it's job and I am sure it won't take too long:D

Yes, every single file need to be put into the editor data folder :)

vor 6 Minuten schrieb balldoktor81:

how many leagues will you load for every part of the world? for me it's 100% South America, the big Nations/known Nations from Africa which produce quality players, a couple from Asia Package and 2-4 from Oceania...

yes (= All of them:lol:)

Edited by Daveincid

Hi Dave,

first of all thanks for your incredible effort: a must have for each realistic journeyman (and not only) save/experience.

I'v read all the pages of this thread but I'm actually struggling on finding reasons for this file:

Daveincid's finances mod v2.0
This file is setting bank balance and transfer-budget of all clubs to zero. Further explanations how this influences your save and what the reasons for this drastical change is, see the next topic below.

I've unterstood the reasons behind 'Financial behaviour improvement' file but why you think we've also to erase all bank balances and transfer budgets?

What I've missed here?

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Best regards,

NP

vor 1 Minute schrieb numberspulse:

Hi Dave,

first of all thanks for your incredible effort: a must have for each realistic journeyman (and not only) save/experience.

I'v read all the pages of this thread but I'm actually struggling on finding reasons for this file:

Daveincid's finances mod v2.0
This file is setting bank balance and transfer-budget of all clubs to zero. Further explanations how this influences your save and what the reasons for this drastical change is, see the next topic below.

I've unterstood the reasons behind 'Financial behaviour improvement' file but why you think we've also to erase all bank balances and transfer budgets?

What I've missed here?

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Best regards,

NP

Thanks mate! 

It's down to that a lot of clubs are wealthy IRL, but not on their bank-account. Our economic System doesn't work like that. But it will be changed with the final version that this file won't be longer necessary, as there are also issues with transfer-budget reported. I made further tweaks to the "financial behaviour improvements"- file, which is enough to hold balance in longterm-saves!

Cheers

Daveincid

4 hours ago, Daveincid said:

Thanks mate! 

It's down to that a lot of clubs are wealthy IRL, but not on their bank-account. Our economic System doesn't work like that. But it will be changed with the final version that this file won't be longer necessary, as there are also issues with transfer-budget reported. I made further tweaks to the "financial behaviour improvements"- file, which is enough to hold balance in longterm-saves!

Cheers

Daveincid

What issues? And how long do I need to wait for the final version?

vor 27 Minuten schrieb BadAss88:

What issues? And how long do I need to wait for the final version?

Some clubs are getting a too high transfer budget, but in my saves they weren't able to use it. Final version will be published on friday :)

Cheers

Daveincid

Edited by Daveincid

• Daveincid changed the title to FM21 "Increase realism megapack" - FINAL VERSION by Daveincid (Update 26.03.2021)
1 saat önce, Daveincid said:

FINAL VERSION RELEASED

Thank you very much! just one question

The following 2 files were in the previous package, but if I did not see it wrong, it is not in the current package. Are they still valid or should we only use files released today?
Daveincid's mods_finances v2.0.fmf
Daveincid's mods_other improvements v2.0.fmf 

Gerade eben schrieb akinozcan:

Thank you very much! just one question

The following 2 files were in the previous package, but if I did not see it wrong, it is not in the current package. Are they still valid or should we only use files released today?
Daveincid's mods_finances v2.0.fmf
Daveincid's mods_other improvements v2.0.fmf 

You are welcome!

- If you have used my previous versions please remove all the files from the editor-data-folder before installing the final version!

2 dakika önce, Daveincid said:

You are welcome!

- If you have used my previous versions please remove all the files from the editor-data-folder before installing the final version!

Oh, i did not see it :)  thanks again. have a nice weekend!