TACTIC HELP / TEAM SHAPE

Ok so long story short I’m in season 3 with Liverpool I’ve won back to back prem and fa cup and last year champions league so going well BUT

*current tactic team shape is ‘flexible’ I’ve just signed Erling Haa and if I play him on any attack duty my team shape then goes to ‘structured’ (unless I change mentality to attacking 

So my question is will the ONE change to an attack duty / change in team shape completely mess my tactic up?!

Below is my clean slate tactic 

Balanced mentality 

SWK/A

FB/S

CWB/A

BPD/C

CB/D

DM OR BWM/D

AP/A

BBM

IF/A

IF/S

DLF/S

HIGHER DEF LINE AND LOA

MORE URGENT PRESS

PREVENT GK DIST

REGROUP

COUNTER

DISTRUBUTE TO CB AND FB

SHORT PASSING

HIGHER TEMPO

RUN AT DEFENCE

MORE EXPRESSIVE

Any advice welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

No it won’t.

though you might get in trouble breaking through enemy defenses with an additional central player with attack duty.  

My suggestion: keep the IF(S) and change the attacking one to a Winger (A) or Inverted Winger(A) and play Harland as a AF 

On 06/01/2021 at 01:08, Tribey4spurs said:

*current tactic team shape is ‘flexible’ I’ve just signed Erling Haa and if I play him on any attack duty my team shape then goes to ‘structured’ (unless I change mentality to attacking 

That's not team shape (a team instructions from earlier FM versions that no longer exists) but team fluidity (just a label based on the number of different duties within your setup and partly also affected by your selected team mentality). So you should not be too obsessed with it. Instead, it's far more important to make sure your overall setup of roles and duties is well-balanced and that there is no tactical overkill and/or contradiction in your tactic as a whole.