Is there another patch coming soon for FM21? I want know if I should start a save now.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

who else remembers when games would be released ready to go out the box and the customers were not responsible for discovering bugs and problems?

It's so frustrating that A LOT of the bugs and issues with FM21 are apparent within a few hours of playing, which says to me that no one at SI tests adequately (or at all, but that's speculation). If you're going to be a company releasing a "new" game every year, at least make the basics of the game RELIABLE and stable for those yearly releases and that the new features don't completely break the older, useful features (looking at you xG and analyst reports!). 

If you've found a bug within a few hours it's an absolute certainty it will have already been found in testing. Just because something is found, doesn't mean it will be fixed. Every piece of software shipped will have bugs in it (say hello Cyberpunk) but normally due to available time before a deadline or resourcing problems (say hello Covid) some things won't be high enough of a priority to get looked at.

Reality is if it's not good enough for your standards, don't buy it and don't play it. But realistically, you'll struggle to find any in-depth modern game that doesn't have similar issues.  Games like Civ, Cities: Skylines or any of the Paradox games are constantly being patched post-release. And don't even get me started on the companies who release a game then DON'T patch it...

Been away from this part of the forum for a while now. 

Player ratings bug? Can't say I've noticed anything major there. Certainly not making it unplayable. Seen people say this affects fullbacks. My LB has the highest average rating in my squad at the moment. 

Other than some UI annoyances, I've never experienced anything remotely gamebreaking this year, been very stable for me. It's amazing how good an experience you can have with this game when you steer clear of some of the threads on here. 

Don't think I'll bother opening up the feedback thread anytime soon...

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Player ratings bug? Can't say I've noticed anything major there. Certainly not making it unplayable. Seen people say this affects fullbacks. My LB has the highest average rating in my squad at the moment. 

Other than some UI annoyances, I've never experienced anything remotely gamebreaking this year, been very stable for me. It's amazing how good an experience you can have with this game when you steer clear of some of the threads on here. 

Depends on how you play your game. If you're looking for a long save i.e 20+ seasons, then it is unplayable as you know the newgens will reduce. I'm not moaning as SI have acknowledged it and understandably need time to fix it properly. However it is a gamebreaking bug

19 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

If it hasn't happened to you then obviously isn't an issue then pal not sure what everyone's problem is.

The game is fundamentally broken just take a look in the bugs forum. Just because you're happy smashing through season after season never actually looking deep into the games features doesn't mean its perfectly fine and playable. It's not. 

7 hours ago, alian62 said:

Sí, es cierto y no estoy seguro de cómo se salen con la suya desde el punto de vista del comercio minorista. No sería tan malo si lo arreglaran en unas pocas semanas, pero aquí estamos en enero y el juego tiene 2 meses y obtendremos una actualización en febrero y eso será todo. Es un ciclo continuo a través de cada lanzamiento del juego. Siempre me pregunto quién puede presentar una queja también porque ni siquiera puede obtener un reembolso. Si el producto no coincide con lo que escriben en la caja o en el sitio web, alguien debe ser responsable. Sería aún más difícil hacer algo si también estuvieras en otro país. Me pregunto si alguien aquí conoce las leyes relativas a los juegos y sus fallas y los derechos de los consumidores. 

We could turn to a consumer organization, for example

Hace 1 hora, Huey Lewis dijo:

Si ha encontrado un error en unas pocas horas, es una certeza absoluta que ya se habrá encontrado en las pruebas. El hecho de que se encuentre algo no significa que se solucionará. Cada pieza de software enviada tendrá errores (saluda a Cyberpunk), pero normalmente debido al tiempo disponible antes de una fecha límite o problemas de recursos (saluda a Covid), algunas cosas no serán lo suficientemente prioritarias para ser examinadas.

La realidad es que si no es lo suficientemente bueno para sus estándares, no lo compre y no lo juegue. Pero, de manera realista, tendrás dificultades para encontrar un juego moderno en profundidad que no tenga problemas similares. Los juegos como Civ, Cities: Skylines o cualquiera de los juegos de Paradox se actualizan constantemente después del lanzamiento. Y ni siquiera me hable de las empresas que lanzan un juego y NO lo parcheen ...

Entiendo lo que quiere decir, pero los ejemplos que ha dado no son comparables.

Por ejemplo, Cyberpunk (it cost 60 euros) es un juego que se ha lanzado con muchos bugs, pero es un juego que tendrá un desarrollo continuo a lo largo de los años, pudiendo arreglar imperfecciones.

Aquí pagamos 50 euros cada noviembre por un juego que tiene 3 o 4 grandes actualizaciones y que a veces corrige todos los bugs o no.

Luego llegamos de nuevo a noviembre, pagamos 50 euros y volvemos a tener el mismo problema.

Esto es inaceptable.

Edited by Costanino Hummels

1 minute ago, Costanino Hummels said:

For example, Cyberpunk is a game that has been released with many bugs, but it is a game that will have continuous development over the years, being able to fix imperfections.

Did I really read this? FM has some bugs that are annoying and potentially game breaking, but Cyberpunk is beyond unplayable for some with crashes, FPS not being there and a bunch of things that they lied about. Imagine FM saying that there would be a scouting system, only for it to not be implemented at all. That is what happened with Cyberpunk. 

Cyberpunk is a hot mess, FM is just a bit of a mess thats fixable. 

11 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

¿De verdad leí esto? FM tiene algunos errores que son molestos y potencialmente dañinos para el juego, pero Cyberpunk es imposible de jugar para algunos con fallas, FPS no está ahí y un montón de cosas sobre las que mintieron. Imagínese FM diciendo que habría un sistema de exploración, solo para que no se implementara en absoluto. Eso es lo que pasó con Cyberpunk. 

Cyberpunk es un desastre, FM es un desastre que se puede arreglar. 

Cyberpunk is a disaster where developers have a long time to fix themselves (I'm sure another cyberpunk 3561 won't be released next year)

FM is a disaster that has very little time left to fix because soon they will start to focus on FM22.

Last year they released the last big update in February-March. The ME game was broken and they didn't do more to fix it.

18 minutes ago, albanie. said:

I do find it funny how people feel that they can tell others that their experiences are not true and they are not happening. The game is vast hence and people play it in very different ways meaning that for one person it's 'broken' and not for another. Maybe the true test of whether something is 'broken' is what happens next for that individual. For me, having played management simulators since being a child (don't judge), I don't ever recall stopping playing the game. But with FM21.2, I have. Instead I lurk these forums every day hoping that bugs have been acknowledged and praying for a hotfix.

My save means I'm a tiny team in a league far too big for me, so it is already a challenge. I'm expected to lose more games than I win and staying in the league/keeping hold of my job will already be a tough ask. I'm the archetypal spreadsheet manager, I'll look at what happens in the match engine but I'm more bothered about what happens over a long period of time rather than individual matches.

So when my team is losing matches, how am I meant to assess whether it's my tactics or just the quality of my squad when stats have disappeared and ratings have taken a nosedive? I have players getting 6.1s even when we win! How do I keep morale up? How do I protect their transfer values? For the players who are truly out of form or not match fit, how am I meant to correct this without an U23/U18s squad or the ability to request one?

How am I meant to build a team to stay in the league when my best player, who 'wants to renew', doesn't renew and leaves on a free (acknowledged bug)? Or when my young talent hands in a transfer request because I didn't loan him out although I attempted to on multiple occasions and no one was interested? Again, how am I meant to keep morale up when these things damage it (particularly the latter)? How am I meant to keep loan players/managers happy when they are "played out of role" when they are not played out of role and what happens when they get recalled because of it?

What happens in my network save when someones ends the dreaded 'winless streak' by - get this - drawing the game? What if I end up getting the sack because something I achieved in the club vision comes up as failed?

These things may not be impacting you because of the way you play the game. But they are definitely impacting others. These bugs are true, acknowledged by SI and genuinely occurring. Just because it doesn't impact the quality of your game or the way you play, doesn't mean it doesn't impact ours or that our experiences don't matter. We all pay money for the game.

Spot on.

The game in it's current state caters to some but certainly not all. The way it is now is like playing a really old version of the game that had half of the features it should have had as advertised. That is the problem I have and I am hoping for a fix outside of the usual February update.

45 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

Did I really read this? FM has some bugs that are annoying and potentially game breaking, but Cyberpunk is beyond unplayable for some with crashes, FPS not being there and a bunch of things that they lied about. Imagine FM saying that there would be a scouting system, only for it to not be implemented at all. That is what happened with Cyberpunk. 

Cyberpunk is a hot mess, FM is just a bit of a mess thats fixable. 

whilst off topic there is still hope for CP2077. people have forgotten that whilst not as bad as CP2077, the witcher 3 was also a buggy mess upon release in 2015. yet it was worked on, patched and is now rightfully considered probably the greatest open world rpg of all time.

18 minutes ago, alittletoojack said:

whilst off topic there is still hope for CP2077. people have forgotten that whilst not as bad as CP2077, the witcher 3 was also a buggy mess upon release in 2015. yet it was worked on, patched and is now rightfully considered probably the greatest open world rpg of all time.

After Skyrim ;) 

4 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

After Skyrim ;) 

It's significantly better than Skyrim.  And ironically, the latter had way less attention paid to it to sort out the bugs while Bethesda chased a release on every platform going.  

However, neither is a particularly good comparison to a yearly cycle sports game like FM.

1 hour ago, Obaaa said:

Again just because you are not experiencing it doesn't mean it isn't broken. 

Ratings are down across the board, completely different between fully loaded leagues and no detail leagues, all positions affected. Not to mention key stats are not being recorded properly which some people use to inform player performance decisions, recruitment decisions. 

I do appreciate it depends on how you play the game and for one person it might be less of an issue or no issue at all but it doesn't mean what we are complaining about isn't true. 

And just because you are experiencing it and others aren't, doesn't really mean you can just shout them down and call the game fundamentally broken.  If it was that, it would likely not start at all, or have much more serious problems for a much wider group.

Is it perfect?  Absolutely not.  Does it have significant issues for some people?  Absolutely.  That's obviously disappointing, but it isn't necessary to **** all over everyone's chips who don't feel the same way.

15 minutes ago, forameuss said:

It's significantly better than Skyrim.  And ironically, the latter had way less attention paid to it to sort out the bugs while Bethesda chased a release on every platform going.  

However, neither is a particularly good comparison to a yearly cycle sports game like FM.

And just because you are experiencing it and others aren't, doesn't really mean you can just shout them down and call the game fundamentally broken.  If it was that, it would likely not start at all, or have much more serious problems for a much wider group.

Is it perfect?  Absolutely not.  Does it have significant issues for some people?  Absolutely.  That's obviously disappointing, but it isn't necessary to **** all over everyone's chips who don't feel the same way.

Oh yeah. Sorry, silly me. In my mind the Witcher IS better than Skyrim. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Without you, I’d be thinking all sorts of things that were wrong. 

4 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

The only way to make a difference is to vote with your wallets. Stop buying the product and especially stop paying for early access.

This is the best advice ,its the first year i havent brought FM ,i brought the xbox version but got a refund ,now have 6 weeks off work so was going to buy pc version ,but after reading this thread im not going to bother .unplayable again ,do they care no they dont ,take your money then silence you when you have your say ,and ive not missed playing this year,so wont next year either 😁

19 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

This is the best advice ,its the first year i havent brought FM ,i brought the xbox version but got a refund ,now have 6 weeks off work so was going to buy pc version ,but after reading this thread im not going to bother .unplayable again ,do they care no they dont ,take your money then silence you when you have your say ,and ive not missed playing this year,so wont next year either 😁

This thread is however a small amount of people complaining, Many are playing and enjoying. 

55 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Oh yeah. Sorry, silly me. In my mind the Witcher IS better than Skyrim. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Without you, I’d be thinking all sorts of things that were wrong. 

Glad I could help someone in need.

26 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

There's literally a free demo that you can use to form your own opinion.  You may well end up agreeing and hate it, but just as likely you won't.  Form your own opinions, everyone else's will be biased.

4 hours ago, Obaaa said:

The game is fundamentally broken just take a look in the bugs forum. Just because you're happy smashing through season after season never actually looking deep into the games features doesn't mean its perfectly fine and playable. It's not. 

image.png.e3ca0f98412a8626a4ef6f34544b3bef.png

530 hours gameplay, and I'm still only halfway through season 5. 

Swing and a miss, lad. 

The game's not perfect, no game is. But in its current state, it's perfectly playable. There is literally nothing that has caused me any grief to the extent where I want to stop playing. I do feel sorry for people like you who can't enjoy something unless it's been specifically designed to cater for you and you alone. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

I'm enjoying the ME and variety of goals, but can't get in to it properly because of certain bugs. I think we should all gather together and sign a petition to SI to not develop anything new for FM22 - just work of perfecting the current game as is.

Edited by freddieos

I do effectively enjoy the game, and other years I don't have that much issues with "game-breaking" bugs, but this year, because player ratings are one of the most core & pivotal parts of FM, I don't enjoy it until that's fixed.... I never said I want a game perfectly tailored for me... I want the ratings to be meaningful, like they always were... same way of thinking goes for a lot of the "people who complain"...

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

Hi, I think you're right. I bought it before Christmas and deleted FM 2020, I was looking forward to playing and I don't want to play half-hearted and I won't wait until February, so I'll probably buy FM 2024 first, unless it changes and I fill my time with something else useful. Time is precious ... I like a football manager, but I will not buy, for example, a television that does not work and will play half the time.

47 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Swing and a miss, lad. 

The game's not perfect, no game is. But in its current state, it's perfectly playable. There is literally nothing that has caused me any grief to the extent where I want to stop playing. I do feel sorry for people like you who can't enjoy something unless it's been specifically designed to cater for you and you alone. 

If anything it proves my point. Certainly doesn't prove yours.

I have already agreed to the notion that we all play different and what affects some doesn't affect others. If you are enjoying the game then happy days, you do you. I don't expect it tailored to me but I expect it to match what was advertised and what we have come to expect from the series. For me it is broken to the point where it doesn't satisfy either of those points.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Swing and a miss, lad. 

"Unless it's been specifically designed to cater for you and you alone" But it's not just him though? Go through the multiple posts about low player ratings and you'll see a large majority of people there have the issue. Watch videos from some of the biggest FM content creators and they're having the same issue.

It's good that the game is perfectly playable for you but people play it differently and some of the issues that are in the game right now effectively make it unplayable for some even if it's fine for others like you. I think a lot of people are annoyed simply because the game seemed in top shape before the latest patch. For me it was one of the best FMs I had played but as soon as the latest patch was released, it all went wrong.

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

530 horas de juego, y todavía estoy a la mitad de la temporada 5. 

Swing y miss, muchacho. 

El juego no es perfecto, ningún juego lo es. Pero en su estado actual, es perfectamente jugable. Literalmente no hay nada que me haya causado ningún dolor en la medida en que quiero dejar de jugar. Siento pena por las personas como tú que no pueden disfrutar de algo a menos que haya sido diseñado específicamente para atender a ti y solo a ti. 

I remember your nick and your profile picture. Last year, when EVERYONE saying the ME was broken, you always defended that it was okay. His position does not surprise me at all. Anyway, unconditional fans

The thing is, I think NOBODY wants to be wasting time in an orthopedic forum like this.

What we want is to play a game in good conditions and not be here furious because we feel that there is no immersion and worst of all that we have spent the money once again on a product that does not satisfy us or is not what they promised us

11 minutes ago, Costanino Hummels said:

I remember your nick and profile picture. Last year with EVERYONE saying the ME was broken you always defended that it was okay. I'm not at all surprised by your position. Anyway, unconditional fans

It stretches back much further than FM2020...

1 hour ago, freddieos said:

I'm enjoying the ME and variety of goals, but can't get in to it properly because of certain bugs. I think we should all gather together and sign a petition to SI to not develop anything new for FM22 - just work of perfecting the current game as is.

I've been saying this for over a decade (hypothetically at least), just spending an extra year getting the fundamental systems right and not adding loads of fluff (or "features") would go a very long way. Unfortunately it sounds like a great idea, but will never happen as too much money is made on annual releases and there is zero competition in the football management genre nowadays pushing Sports Interactive on.

I will caveat by saying I love FM, problems, quirks and all, but it does feel like it's stagnated a lot in the past 3-5 years and there has been little improvement with the nuts and bolts of the game.

Anyway bring on the hotfix, I want to start my long term save!

Edited by Robioto

1 hour ago, Costanino Hummels said:

Last year, when EVERYONE saying the ME was broken, you always defended that it was okay.

It wasn't everyone though, was it? Considering record numbers were still playing it up until the release of the new game. You need to get out the mindset that the yearly moaners on here represent the wider FM playing community. 

Hace 21 minutos, Dagenham_Dave dijo:

Sin embargo, no fueron todos, ¿verdad? Teniendo en cuenta los números récord, todavía lo jugamos hasta el lanzamiento del nuevo juego. Necesita sacar la mentalidad de que los quejidos anuales aquí representan a la comunidad más amplia de reproductores de FM. 

ok fanboy. If you are so happy, run to play and let us ask what we think is fair

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That is simply a pathetic - and obviously wholly inaccurate - comment.

6 hours ago, cris182 said:

Many are playing and enjoying. 

I'm complaining AND still playing.

5 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I do feel sorry for people like you who can't enjoy something unless it's been specifically designed to cater for you and you alone.

It seems to me that people on this forum fall into the belief system that either you (A) hate the game and come here to flame it or (B) you love the game and you come here to defend it. Why are posters like myself, who find issues with basic gameplay functionality (Analyst reports, newgens, etc.), shut down as if these concerns (which are shared by many on here) are invalid? I'm sorry that it might upset you that others in your peer group aren't enjoying the game, but don't let that take away from your enjoyment! Do not come on this forum just to say condescending things like this to fellow players and posters whose enjoyment of the game is hindered.

12 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

The only way to make a difference is to vote with your wallets. Stop buying the product and especially stop paying for early access.

:applause:that’s my plan. Nobody forced me to buy it. I won’t buy it in future until I’ve checked the bugs forum and if there’s anything major I’ll give it a swerve. My record assists not showing in my club history tipped me over the edge. Quite a small thing but enough for me to stop playing it as I have no idea if a fix is coming or will be save game compatible.