Defensive line / mentality question

Forgive me for probably missing this at various points but I would like to clarify this. 

Is a Lower defensive line on Cautious mentality essentially the same (or very similar) as a Standard defensive line on Defensive mentality? I appreciate it’s probably not that simple but is that roughly how it is in layman’s terms? 

3 hours ago, OrientTillIDie said:

Is a Lower defensive line on Cautious mentality essentially the same (or very similar) as a Standard defensive line on Defensive mentality?

No, it's not literally the same, but I think I understand what you are trying to say. The mentality does affect/adjust all instructions including DL (and LOE), so I guess that's why you assumed that a "+1" DL coupled with a "-1" mentality would be "the same". 

Similar yes, but not the same. 

But you don't need to be obsessed with the specifics so much, because that can needlessly overcomplicate the process of tactical creation. Be aware of it, but without overthinking it. 

Every TI that is "slider" like (so not toggle or not) gets all its resting points shifted a bit by mentality, but its far from been a 1 on 1 relation. Mentality shifts are more subtle. It matters more, how it changes the individual mentality of players depending on the different roles as that does affect more how they behave.