Loan player's work permit expired - Parent manager unhappy at lack of game time?

Apologies if in the wrong section, I thought this would be the best place. I'm managing Doncaster Rovers in my 4th season and have a young player on loan from Manchester City who is Spanish, after featuring a few times earlier in the season he has been unable to get a new work permit meaning I'm unable to select him in any squads.Pep is now questioning why I'm no longer playing him - Surely this is a bug as his parent club would be aware of the situation and would know the reason why he isn't featuring?  Please let me know if anymore information is required, just figured I'd make you aware if it was something that could be fixed down the line. 

On a similar note, I find this part of the game broken. I've just had a striker recalled by his parent club because I'm playing him as a pressing forward instead of an advanced forward, but he's still scored 17 in 10.. surely the parent club should realise he's still being developed. I would find it very hard to believe a player being recalled in real life in a similar scenario. Hope you get a response on this.

22 minutes ago, gibbo11 said:

On a similar note, I find this part of the game broken. I've just had a striker recalled by his parent club because I'm playing him as a pressing forward instead of an advanced forward, but he's still scored 17 in 10.. surely the parent club should realise he's still being developed. I would find it very hard to believe a player being recalled in real life in a similar scenario. Hope you get a response on this.

Very good point and I agree, I'm always getting similar complaints from managers - fingers crossed these issues are looked into and resolved!

• SI Staff

hey guys,
We have a few issues surround work permits and related parts of the game, but I can understand the issue here.

Would it be possible to get a save before the loanee's manager complains please? That way I can get it over to the developers & make sure we get this sorted.

Saves can be uploaded to our cloud service: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360005531357-How-to-upload-files

34 minutes ago, Tony Garvey said:

hey guys,
We have a few issues surround work permits and related parts of the game, but I can understand the issue here.

Would it be possible to get a save before the loanee's manager complains please? That way I can get it over to the developers & make sure we get this sorted.

Saves can be uploaded to our cloud service: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360005531357-How-to-upload-files

Hi Tony, unfortunately the only other save I have before the managers complaints is two years prior when I was at another club - will this be too far back? (Guessing ideally you'd need a save file where I have the loan player?). 

• SI Staff
18 minutes ago, TheWednesday said:

Hi Tony, unfortunately the only other save I have before the managers complaints is two years prior when I was at another club - will this be too far back? (Guessing ideally you'd need a save file where I have the loan player?). 

Hey - thanks for offering, but yeah that's a bit too much earlier :D will see if I can recreate in-house, doesn't sound too tricky to find - if it happens again though just upload & bump the thread please!

@gibbo11 same goes really, if you have a save near-ish the time this happens please upload!

4 minutes ago, Tony Garvey said:

Hey - thanks for offering, but yeah that's a bit too much earlier :D will see if I can recreate in-house, doesn't sound too tricky to find - if it happens again though just upload & bump the thread please!

@gibbo11 same goes really, if you have a save near-ish the time this happens please upload!

No problem thank you for your help! If it helps you the player in question was Pablo Moreno and I'd played him 14 times in total (Not sure if his lack of games played whilst on loan with me played a part in him not getting a new permit!) The year was 2023. :)

On 04/01/2021 at 11:58, Tony Garvey said:

Will check later tonight, I think I might have one as it happened with another player too more recently. Was able to loan one straight back with the role I was playing too so weren't that unhappy with me.