MATCHDAY BACKGROUNDS LIKE IN FM20

marcbisset

hey everyone . just wondering if anyone can help me get fm21 matchday screen to look like my fm20 matchday screen . im an old school only commentary player and love the stadium backgrounds on matchday iv tried everything with no success any help or advice would be much appreciated . i will attach a photo from  my fm20 below

20200229181223_1.jpg

Personally, I don’t unfortunately. This route wasn’t what I was after. I settled on getting the background to show on matchday via a panel on the matchday mod. If I get a chance in a bit I’ll see if I can get it working as detailed in the posted thread.

Not having stadium backgrounds is a massive deal for me. I feel your frustration.

It can be done. I've got it close to how you have it but not sure how you swap the match stats tablet screen on the left across if you prefer the scores to be on the left instead of the way I have it on my pic. Michael's mod allows you to move and resize the panels. In regards to the stadium pics showing in the background if you only prefer commentary only like me then you just need to download the modified client object browser.xml file I posted and replace the one you have in your skin. Make sure you have a backgrounds pack in your graphics folder as well (if there isn't a graphics folder in your FM21 folder then create one and place the background pack in there). The game should pick it up. Then with Michael's mod its just a case of following his instructions on how to resize and move the panels about. I've posted a screenshot of my game with Leicester. King Power stadium is showing in the background 

Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 23.15.13.png

Not sure if it will 100% work if you take parts of a skin as im not a skinner (wish I knew more mind). The one I use is the OPZ skin on the FM Scout page. If you get that, then all ive done to get my match day screen to look like the above is replace the client object browser file with the modified file and used Michael's FM21 mod. (The way I have the scoreboard though is down to some tweaking but just to get the stadium pics to appear and the panels the way you have that's all I did). What skin are you using? As far as I remember some skins in the past don't allow for match day backgrounds pics to show, unless they all do now. OPZ skin has allowed it. Used that as it is clear. Used to use Steklo skins as well

One thing that may be happening is every client object browser if different for each skin , if im taking ur opz client object and putting that into the dark base skin client object that may be causing a problem . But i have tried the opz skin also and cant seem to get it working very weird 

Seems strange and I know how frustrating it is as I cant play FM without the background pics and Michael's mods. Your panels looks very transparent. The files im using to set my level of transparency for those panels you have are different. I had to create two folders in the following area /(skin)/graphics/boxes/custom/match

Create two folders (one called dugout and one called timeline stats) (dugouts are for the main panels on the right and timeline stats are for the panel on the left the notable events one)

These are the graphics I use within both folders

paper.png

paper.xml

3 minutes ago, marcbisset said:

got them made mate just done that there . is it only this paper file i put in both yeh ? what about a paper file with colour ?

I just place both the paper.png and paper.xml in both folders and then clear cache/reload game and that's how it sets the transparency in my game. On mine it was completely the opposite, no transparency until I created those folder and used those files

5 minutes ago, marcbisset said:

here we go !!! right mate what i need to know is how to make the panels on the right go all the way along to the left staying with that level of transparency . when i drag the panels over anymore to the left they become invisible again . 

20210104010636_1.jpg

You're getting there. The panels should keep the level of transparency though, so moving the panels in game shouldn't make them completely hollow like your original pics. Maybe clear the cache folder and reload skin. OR remove the cache folder altogether from the OS you use

On 04/01/2021 at 02:08, marcbisset said:

here we go !!! right mate what i need to know is how to make the panels on the right go all the way along to the left staying with that level of transparency . when i drag the panels over anymore to the left they become invisible again . 

20210104010636_1.jpg

But....do you get 3D highlights from the ME - or is this commentary only?

2 horas atrás, bigbeezer disse:

Is there no way this can be flagged up to SI Games to see if they can help?

Id love this in the game.

Well, it doesn't seem be part of SI strategy but you can join and raise your thoughts here:

I was pretty upset about not being able to have a stadium picture in the background on matchday too.

Last year widgets enabled this (albeit with a dirty grey border around the 2d pitch that obscured a lot of the image).

However, after using Micheal Murray’s matchday mod panels, and adding a stadium picture tab to one of the panels I have to say it is A LOT better than last years widgets for me. Now you get to see all of the background pic, unobscured, between highlights. Then during the highlight the ME kicks in and you’re back into the action.

IMO it is a lot more elegant than widgets, that let’s face it, was a botch job to show background pics.

Add the code in this thread (read the whole thread) to one of the matchday panels for Michael’s mod if you want to see a stadium pic on Matchday AND keep the ME (2d and/or 3d)

Just a suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...