F1 2020 OTF PS4 Serious Racing League - Season 3

Just now, MavReck said:

Monty!!!

What a pointless race for me tonight, lost a wing with a collision with Tony at turn 1, he isn't at fault for it think someone in front went early on the breaks and he was avoiding them. Last place at lap 1, having to do a different strategy to everyone else. Happy to finish 11th, but **** me what a colossal waste of time. At least we have a new winner to make it slightly worth it.

your turn next :thup:;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wp Montster

Bit rubbish tonight really, just avoided shambles at T1 and the rest of lap 1 and just basically strolled around on my own to get a point, from qualifying it seems I'm quite clearly the slowest in this configuration of cars, and I've got the Williams to look forward to next which seems a bit of a waste of time all round. Not sure anyone has really ever seen me race and thought I should be in a Williams :D

Yeah great win Monty mate, well deserved :thup:

Utterly pointless race, this season is really really getting boring for me. Another dull as ditchwater race, not really anythign worth mentioning. Think Myles was very cautious on the start into T1, kinda braked on the straight before we got close to T1 but im assuming it was just sensible caution from him, no real impact on me, other than a lost place or two, but it broke Mavs wing behind i think 

Just didn't have the pace to keep up with Monty or Blarg but I'll take 3rd. Despite this being probably my best track on pace I think this is the first time I've not thrown away a good result.

Great win Monty, didn't put a foot wrong :thup:

Edited by Insanemadman

Decent race from me, though finishing 30s down the road from Stefarno in the same car is a bit disheartening. I was stuck behind Owl for the whole first stint but I wasn't massively faster than him and obviously couldn't get close under DRS. Then the second stint I benefitted when Owl and Maxey span, though I think I'd have always got Maxey due to pens. I think my maximum result today was 6th after pens, but at least I got some points.

Qualifying - in the end I was about 2/3 tenths off what I could have done after an oversteer moment in S2, maybe could have been around 6th ish. Unfortunately it's so close around here that ended up being 13th!

There was this silliness with Hom though that caused him a five place grid drop. I take full blame, I watch it back and still don't know what I'm doing :D I oversteered so my lap was ruined, then forgot Hom let me past and wasn't on a lap, then noticed Beckford at the last moment so stayed off track (just). Then, forgetting Hom isn't just going to nail it I take the corner at normal speed and just smash into him like a lunatic. Then spin around across the track and then try my best to avoid getting in anyone elses way. Few points coming here I guess...

Start and first lap and a bit - cautious all around surprisingly at T1/2, apart from Mav's incident. I'm looking to go around Nick at T4 but Ry smashes into the back of me. Then I get a great view of all the Port/Nick shenanigans with the end result that Owl jumps the lot of us and there goes my race...

Nothing really happened after that, I was close to Owl once down to T4 but it would have been an almighty send. I was looking good for no pens until I stupidly ran wide out of T3, which cost me places in the end. The only real racing I had was waving Owl and Myles through on their fresh softs.

I did get this great shot of Maxey smashing into the wall though and nearly flipping the car.

42 minutes ago, Jambo98 said:

Yeah great win Monty mate, well deserved :thup:

Utterly pointless race, this season is really really getting boring for me. Another dull as ditchwater race, not really anythign worth mentioning. Think Myles was very cautious on the start into T1, kinda braked on the straight before we got close to T1 but im assuming it was just sensible caution from him, no real impact on me, other than a lost place or two, but it broke Mavs wing behind i think 

Yeah managed to smash my wing off a couple times at that corner in the pre races... Was maybe just a bit overly cautious for the real thing... 

Remember how I took Monty under my wing the other day in Nick's discord? Well look what happens...

Another fine gradutate.

Very pleased to get 4th last night. Not a track I feel particularly good at, so I was pleasantly surprised with my qualifying pace and that I didn't bin it during the race like I did in Season 2. Congratulations to @monty99 on an excellent win. :applause:

Qualifying

Was very happy to be 3rd on the grid as I wasn't feeling too confident at the track. My 1:08.398 was only a tenth off my best trial time in the McLaren, so couldn't have asked for much better than that.

Starthttps://clips.twitch.tv/MistyDarkGrasshopperPeteZarollTie-K6kGYzfwYgoX0rgW

Got off the line okay but was probably a little cautious going into T1. Got a tap from Wiggins behind that almost sent me into a spin but managed to hold onto it and stay in 3rd. Correcting the spin might have squeezed Blarg a bit on the inside so sorry about that if it happened.

T1 incident with Stefarnohttps://clips.twitch.tv/EphemeralAgileBisonHoneyBadger-noQs6VcHDexjJ69W

This was really the only other exciting thing that happened in the race. I miss my braking point horribly going into T1 and dive down the inside to try and avoid hitting the back of Stefarno - it looks like a send (and probably felt like one) but I was genuinely just trying to avoid smashing him off the track. Very clumsy from me, but I did slow down through T2/3 to let him take the place back - hopefully you didn't get any damage from it @Insanemadman.

The rest of the race was pretty standard. Dropped to 4th a few laps after the incident with Stefarno as Blarg was way too quick for me. Pitted for Mediums at the end of lap 15 and managed to jump Stefarno in the pits, but it didn't take him long to take the place back, so I just trundled round in 4th after that, trying not to get any penalties and keeping a decent time buffer to Wiggins behind.

10 hours ago, LRJ said:

Remember how I took Monty under my wing the other day in Nick's discord? Well look what happens...

Another fine gradutate.

You just graduated.... THE JEHROMEZONE!

2 minutes ago, BlargMcBlarg said:

I pitted before you. :ackter:

yep lap 14, i was due to pit lap 15 halfway around that lap was thinking of going an extra lap but decided against it, which worked out great i got out just ahead of you :D

all the years i`ve been racing in this league, last night was the best i`ve ever driven :cool:

might need to play more wreckfest and watch NHL fights before every race :lol:

The Three Stages of Sunny

?m=aW1hZ2UvcG5nLDMwMSwyOTQsBeYixfosvjtW3 I'm not coming back, those suckers thought I was being serious

XJR2eCO6nRkv3lfszfkIafyMc= But maybe coming back would be cool, I mean if Monty can win...

YY= I'm going to return, insist on being in the Wiliams AND win the title

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

Probably out Wednesday, Suzuka one of my worst tracks so there is just no point in a Williams as I'm pretty sure my results here in the record will show I'm ****ing average so it would just be a waste of an evening. I'll try the Williams for Australia where I generally fare reasonably well.

If no one takes it, I might have a nose and see if it's a wet race when quali starts and jump in...

Edited by Hom3r

RACE RESULTS

s3r14_results.thumb.jpg.a798dc07d45e97f153d14e227938af9f.jpg

Monty gets his first win from pole, with Blarg and IMM joining him on the podium.  Hom got DotD, Mav got DPotD and Ry got fastest lap but no bonus point because he was 17th.

DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP

s3r14_drivers.thumb.jpg.0ba43d5415c96e280d06e20a72b3a023.jpg

not much change at the top - IMM is now 9 points ahead of Semi but the gap behind to Owl and Hom is increasing. Hamilton, Mav and Myles are locked together on 58 points in 9th-11th, with Monty just behind after his win.

JIM CLARK TROPHY FOR DRIVERS IN TERRIBLE CARS

s3r14_crapdrivers.thumb.jpg.e0107998a8dfc7e39c24a9d165a4eedc.jpg

CTRL+F whatever i wrote last time about Jambo winning and how he's going to win this, CTRL+C, CTRL+V

SUPERGRID

s3r14_supergrid.thumb.jpg.22738c242feb585da1bf1dcd13aa34ba.jpg

not much change here either, Semi's still ahead of IMM with Jambo and Mav not that far off.  Monty goes up to 17th after his pole.

(apologies for the slightly brief summaries, but i wrote them out properly and the post got lost before i could post it, and i have neither the time nor the inclination to type it all out again)

F1 2020 - OTF PS4 League - Season 3
Round 14 - Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka International Racing Course, Suzuka

Wednesday 24th February 2021

Practice: 8.45pm
Qualifying and Race: 9.45pm

In:
1. nick
2. Sunny
3. Race Winner Monty
4. Wiggins
5. MavReck 
6. Chuggzi 

Reserves:

Maybe:

Out:
1. Hom
2. Jehrome?

also just cos they got mentioned post race and might help with stewardy type things, here's a couple of clips - lap 1 stuff with Port:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrustworthyGeniusSwordMoreCowbell-QFG5lIFiOJrnxbG3

the contact after he makes contact with Maxey i think is nothing, probably should have taken a tighter line to avoid his car. the second bit on the way up the hill, no contact but no idea where Port is going, not sure that's something you can get penalised for :D

and then there was the Port overtake later on, which was shortly followed by him DNF'ing:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExquisiteProudAsteriskAMPEnergy-SRpAcHIz7Wu4ZknQ

don't think i've done anything wrong there, didn't feel any contact, big fan of Port's car appearing mid drift though

Just now, Wiggins Top Boys said:

absolutely IN for Japan. got a good feeling about this one. you watch my internet die again while i'm leading the race ;)

If it does, make sure to give us a good, loud NooOOOOOOooOooo

2 minutes ago, Wiggins Top Boys said:

absolutely IN for Japan. got a good feeling about this one. you watch my internet die again while i'm leading the race ;)

Branson is going to cut your internet off personally now, unlucky

1 hour ago, monty99 said:

95 points behind IMM :ackter: doubt i`ll catch him even if i stayed in the merc :D

Just say the word and those of us who backed you will......give your title campaign our full support.