F1 2020 OTF PS4 Serious Racing League - Season 3

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RACE RESULTS

s3r13_result.thumb.jpg.fedbe7a052e09a024ef90d7409c615fd.jpg

another comprehensive win for Blarg from pole and including the fastest lap - get in the Williams mate, honestly - and joining him on the podium are future teammate Jambo and Mav.  Ry gets his first points ever i think with an impressive 6th after qualifying 2nd, even beating Myles in the race for full bragging rights (for one race at least), and Owl gets driver of the day for his superhuman effort of going from 19th to 12th, congratulations :applause:

incidentally, i haven't removed my 20 second penalty that i got on top of my drive through because technically that is correct - seems that if you get a drive through or stop go penalty within the last five laps, you just get time added on at the end of the race (see here). so thanks to Codies for their excellently coded game which definitely made this clear by not saying anything about this whatsoever.

DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP

s3r13_drivers.thumb.jpg.6f4b7130f0737dfa64c0286133c4610c.jpg

with Semi not racing and Owl and Hom outside of the points, IMM takes advantage and moves up into 1st place, six points ahead of Semi and eight ahead of owl. Jambo moves into 5th ahead of me and is just 30 points off the lead, while Blarg moves up to 7th after his back to back maximum points - safe to say the second half of the season is going a little better for him than the first.  Ry's first points of the season move him off the bottom on countback, leaving Chuggzi at the foot of the table.

JIM CLARK TROPHY FOR DRIVERS IN TERRIBLE CARS

s3r13_crapdrivers.thumb.jpg.8b98be8fda35eb847b35e11cda71c5da.jpg

Jambo leads after another "win". in other news, water is wet.

SUPERGRID

s3r13_supergrid.thumb.jpg.67105da0231243dee66c9cf3b6f54cd4.jpg

things are getting tighter at the top of the supergrid - Semi still leads the way but there's only about half a place seperating IMM in 2nd and Maxey in 5th.  

F1 2020 - OTF PS4 League - Season 3
Round 13 - Brazilian Grand Prix, Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo

Sunday 21st February 2021
Practice: 8.45pm
Qualifying and Race: 9.45pm

In:
1. nick

Reserves:

Maybe:

Out:

8 minutes ago, Semi Skilled Milk said:

Planning to be in for tomorrow.

Finding things a bit tough at the moment so might need to drop out, but will try and give plenty of notice.

Much love, fella!

Vietman Stewarding (DP Special)

DP vs Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyqs4BQOEkM&feature=emb_logo

We only have DP's view, but he's going in a very straight line and Tony is never far enough alongside for DP to be obliged to give him room. Racing incident.

DP vs Frankie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3CKOgts7AY&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtyZ7HwLKOU&feature=emb_logo

Whether intentionally or by accident, DP moves across on Frankie here. Nothing malicious and the only person to lose out is DP. Racing incident.

DP vs Hamilton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WuwsyuL544&feature=emb_logo

DP should obviously do a much better job of getting off the racing line here, however it's a tricky circuit and difficult weather conditions. The incident doesn't retire Hamilton from the session and we've seen worse qualifying incidents. 1 point for DP.

Sunny vs Monty

https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureLovelyPotTooSpicy-gIIcLQd2HfCbeBQd

The steering angle on Sunny's car makes it pretty clear he's crashing into Monty deliberately. There don't appear to be any mitigating factors and we do have to have to be very strict with this sort of thing so its a 6 point penalty for Sunny.

Hom last couple of laps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_mUY0dL4hM&feature=emb_logo

Just wheel to wheel racing on show here, no action needed.

Penalty Points Table

Sunny 6 (expires in 6 races) *Sunny excluded from qualifying at the next event he takes part in*
Wiggins 5 (3 expires in 1 race, 1 expires in 5 races, 1 expires in 6 races)
Port 4 - (3 expires in 2 races, 1 in 4 races) 
CJ - 3 (3 expires in 2 races)
Maxey - 2 (2 expires in 2 races)
Mav - 3 (expires in 2 races)
Myles 3 (expires in 2 races)
Hamilton - 2 (2 expires in 2 races)
Semi - 2 (1 expires in 2 races, 1 in 3 races)
Tony - 2 (expires in 1 races)
Chuggzi - 2 (expires in 5 races)
Frankie - 1 (expires in 4 races)
DP 1 (expires in 6 races)

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw
3 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Sunny vs Monty

https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureLovelyPotTooSpicy-gIIcLQd2HfCbeBQd

The steering angle on Sunny's car makes it pretty clear he's crashing into Monty deliberately. There don't appear to be any mitigating factors and we do have to have to be very strict with this sort of thing so its a 6 point penalty for Sunny.

Image result for taggart

15 minutes ago, Sunny K said:

Just a bit of fun between great pals. It was my last hurrah in an F1 car anyway, I'm out for the rest of the season and and probably beyond

giphy.gif

No! You can’t disappear until I work out your bloody accent! 😭😭

Have a short break Sunny, hopefully the time away will make you raring to go racing again. It worked for me.

1 minute ago, Robokid87 said:

Me looking at the team list for S4 I spent literally minutes on now Sunny might be out

RMLYk1.gif

Me after spending the past week bugging rob trying to find out my new teammate B23EBA89-0A51-4F47-8BD9-FF12DD946244.jpeg.7012d02a5a37ba1b20c111faba8ac087.jpeg

It's a Spice Boy shoot out - Myles is probably safe but it's Ry vs Chuggzi for the other full time seat imo.

Don't mind dropping for some races if another shagger goes full time but sunny fancies racing again.  Dunno if it's doing 2 races a week feeling like overkill again or something.

22 minutes ago, OWLSFAN said:

Don't mind dropping for some races if another shagger goes full time but sunny fancies racing again.  Dunno if it's doing 2 races a week feeling like overkill again or something.

I really think we should go back to alternate Wednesdays tbh

I'm still personally enjoying the quick, constant races. But we did originally start going every Wednesday due to Covid and its been a year like this now, don't blame people if its a bit much. Real performance isn't helping for many either.

8 minutes ago, Haguey said:

I'm still personally enjoying the quick, constant races. But we did originally start going every Wednesday due to Covid and its been a year like this now, don't blame people if its a bit much. Real performance isn't helping for many either.

Also tbf we are still looking at 20 car grids which for a game we've played every Sat/Wed since whenever it came out, is really good going.

if going back to alternate wednesday races, i would do that for season 4, if you start it say next week then real performance season goes longer ;)

my TT lap in the Williams round Brazil is here:

again, car didn't feel terrible but it's just slow. i then did some practice in the Haas cos i'm driving it tonight and couldn't beat my Williams time, was up a few times at the end of S2 but lost too much time in S3 because of the useless piece of junk that is the 2020 Ferrari engine. great stuff :applause:

Intending to be in tonight. Branson is chained up in my loft with a internet enabled razor aligned next to his chin which will shave off that scraggy beard at the merest micro-disconnection

Monty!!!

What a pointless race for me tonight, lost a wing with a collision with Tony at turn 1, he isn't at fault for it think someone in front went early on the breaks and he was avoiding them. Last place at lap 1, having to do a different strategy to everyone else. Happy to finish 11th, but **** me what a colossal waste of time. At least we have a new winner to make it slightly worth it.