Creating hidden rules to pick teams based on divisional reputation

Shrew82

Hi, i am having some success developing the real concacaf continental cup system, and i am currently working on the two Caribbean comps.  I would like the CFU club championship to feature teams from the 4 top divisions within the team selection pool, and i want the cfu club shield to feature the remaining 27 divisions, and i would like this to change depending on the reputation of the divisions.  At the moment, the competitions will work, but with the same divisions playing in the same competitions each season, but i would like this to differ if a divisions rep becomes better or worse.

I believe i should be able to achieve this with a hidden stage in both comps, but i have no idea how to set this up successfully.  

I look forward to your responses.

19 minutes ago, Shrew82 said:

Hi, i am having some success developing the real concacaf continental cup system, and i am currently working on the two Caribbean comps.  I would like the CFU club championship to feature teams from the 4 top divisions within the team selection pool, and i want the cfu club shield to feature the remaining 27 divisions, and i would like this to change depending on the reputation of the divisions.  At the moment, the competitions will work, but with the same divisions playing in the same competitions each season, but i would like this to differ if a divisions rep becomes better or worse.

I believe i should be able to achieve this with a hidden stage in both comps, but i have no idea how to set this up successfully.  

I look forward to your responses.

There is thread about this somewhere here but i dont know where is.

Try to find it page by page.

Dynamic qualification - Editors Hideaway - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

Hi Krlenjushka, i have found the above article from 2016, and i've tried it. using winners (seed 1) and runners up (seed 2) and also best teams (with seedings 1 and 2) and i am now at a point where stage 0 seems to work, but stage 1 doesn't.  When the test is run, it says no teams selected for stage 1 and i can't work out why.  Are you able to assist?

On 31/12/2020 at 18:25, krlenjushka said:

There is thread about this somewhere here but i dont know where is.

Try to find it page by page.

2 hours ago, Shrew82 said:

Dynamic qualification - Editors Hideaway - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

Hi Krlenjushka, i have found the above article from 2016, and i've tried it. using winners (seed 1) and runners up (seed 2) and also best teams (with seedings 1 and 2) and i am now at a point where stage 0 seems to work, but stage 1 doesn't.  When the test is run, it says no teams selected for stage 1 and i can't work out why.  Are you able to assist?

Yeah upload your file.

38 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

First error i noticed - you must set "maximum number of teams" to 1 for every line in qualified teams section.

Brilliant, i'd actually started changing that when you said.  I've now made sure that all the divisions for the teams are correct and it pulls through the 62 teams... problem is that i keep getting this error message"CFU Championship, Number of teams in comp (62) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (31).

Both hidden league stages are set to 31 teams but i can't find a way to make comp teams be 62.

7 minutes ago, Shrew82 said:

Brilliant, i'd actually started changing that when you said.  I've now made sure that all the divisions for the teams are correct and it pulls through the 62 teams... problem is that i keep getting this error message"CFU Championship, Number of teams in comp (62) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings (31).

Both hidden league stages are set to 31 teams but i can't find a way to make comp teams be 62.

Check ranking level info for that error. Make sure you have 62 teams added to that list.

12 minutes ago, Shrew82 said:

Sorry i forgot one thing - those 2 stages will be hidden so no need for ranking level info. Just set stages as hidden - its under league settings.

2 hours ago, Shrew82 said:

i've tested and it now seems to have disabled the two comps now.  The file is attached below, if you could hve another look, i would appreciate it.

NACL1.023.fmf 19.65 kB · 1 download

Tried but i dont know whats the problem. Continental comps are always nightmare for editing especially with half-broken editor.

I've managed to get the competition working, but the errors now relate to ranking info, something that i don't really understand.  I've done what i think is right, but it's still coming yp with a level 10 ranking error and i don't know what to do about it... any ideas?

NACL3.0002.fmf

17 minutes ago, Shrew82 said:

I've managed to get the competition working, but the errors now relate to ranking info, something that i don't really understand.  I've done what i think is right, but it's still coming yp with a level 10 ranking error and i don't know what to do about it... any ideas?

NACL3.0002.fmf 20.36 kB · 1 download

You added 62 teams in qualified teams list but you use only 54 in your sorting leagues? Why?

Posted (edited)
On 07/01/2021 at 11:12, krlenjushka said:

You added 62 teams in qualified teams list but you use only 54 in your sorting leagues? Why?

I've actually managed to get it working, but the second stage of my plan seems to not be working as well.

So the 31 0 seeds are the winners, and the 31 1 seeds are the runners up of every country.  In the CFU Cup the winners and runners up of the 4 top rep divisions enter this competition, which i have managed to do succesfully... the snag is that the other 27 0 seeded teams need to qualify for the Caribbean Shield, however although the competition is populated and runs ok, the winners of the 4 top rep divisions qualify for this as well which i don't want, and i can't work out how to change this.  The 1 seeded teams are not required for this secondary competition.  Are you able to tell me where i'm going wrong?

In the tests, the divisional reputations don't change, but i'm assuming this is because the league isn't actually being run?

NACL3.0007.fmf

Edited by Shrew82

27 minutes ago, Shrew82 said:

I've actually managed to get it working, but the second stage of my plan seems to not be working as well.

So the 31 0 seeds are the winners, and the 31 1 seeds are the runners up of every country.  In the CFU Cup the winners and runners up of the 4 top rep divisions enter this competition, which i have managed to do succesfully... the snag is that the other 27 0 seeded teams need to qualify for the Caribbean Shield, however although the competition is populated and runs ok, the winners of the 4 top rep divisions qualify for this as well which i don't want, and i can't work out how to change this.  The 1 seeded teams are not required for this secondary competition.  Are you able to tell me where i'm going wrong?

In the tests, the divisional reputations don't change, but i'm assuming this is because the league isn't actually being run?

NACL3.0007.fmf 21.15 kB · 0 downloads

Thats 10 years old problem. Sometimes when you add new continental rules divisional reputation is locked.  In europe that is connected to coefficients and qualification system (hardcoded) but i guess there is similar issue in n. america.

I can try to change that "north america" file to version 1 - now its flexible or fixed mode not sure.

About your problem for seeds and teams in 2 competitions. Why dont you explain your system?

31 countries - top 2 teams should be considered for 2 competitions?

The system is the real life system.  Basically the winners and runners up of the top four divisions within the region qualify for the CFU Club Cup.  Then, only the winners of the bottom 27 divisions qualify for the Caribbean Club Shield.  I have tried to make it so seeds 0 and 1 from the top four nations qualify for the CFU Club Cup and the rest of the 0 seed pot qualifies for the Caribbean Club Shield.  I have used the qualification rules tab in stage 0 to send 4 teams to the Group stages of the  CFU Club Cup, 21 teams to stage1 of the Caribbean Club Shield, and 6 teams to stage 0 of the sheild.  Although the teams, populate, the teams for the top 4 rep leagues end up qualifying for stage 0 of the CCS as well as stage for the CCC.  I've tried adding a fate with seeds, but as yet i've had no luck.

How would i go about changing the file you mentioned?  This file has been the bane of my life for so long!

14 minutes ago, Shrew82 said:

The system is the real life system.  Basically the winners and runners up of the top four divisions within the region qualify for the CFU Club Cup.  Then, only the winners of the bottom 27 divisions qualify for the Caribbean Club Shield.  I have tried to make it so seeds 0 and 1 from the top four nations qualify for the CFU Club Cup and the rest of the 0 seed pot qualifies for the Caribbean Club Shield.  I have used the qualification rules tab in stage 0 to send 4 teams to the Group stages of the  CFU Club Cup, 21 teams to stage1 of the Caribbean Club Shield, and 6 teams to stage 0 of the sheild.  Although the teams, populate, the teams for the top 4 rep leagues end up qualifying for stage 0 of the CCS as well as stage for the CCC.  I've tried adding a fate with seeds, but as yet i've had no luck.

In order to do this you should set all lines as you did in your file - get best teams from division... for all 31 nations. Set seeding 0 for winners and seeding 1 for second placed teams.

In your sorting stages sort best division and qualify top 4 teams from both sorting stages (winners stage and second placed stage) to your group stage.

After that set ignore lines for league stage teams from CFU Club cup. Stage 0 and stage 1. Top team position 0, Bottom 3. This way you will ignore teams who already are in cfu group stage.

After those 2 lines add all 31 lines related to "get best teams from divsion". Only 27 will be added to your competition.

22 minutes ago, Shrew82 said:

How would i go about changing the file you mentioned?  This file has been the bane of my life for so long!

When you finish sorting teams like i said  - upload your file and i will try to change that.

15 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

In order to do this you should set all lines as you did in your file - get best teams from division... for all 31 nations. Set seeding 0 for winners and seeding 1 for second placed teams.

In your sorting stages sort best division and qualify top 4 teams from both sorting stages (winners stage and second placed stage) to your group stage.

After that set ignore lines for league stage teams from CFU Club cup. Stage 0 and stage 1. Top team position 0, Bottom 3. This way you will ignore teams who already are in cfu group stage.

After those 2 lines add all 31 lines related to "get best teams from divsion". Only 27 will be added to your competition.

When you finish sorting teams like i said  - upload your file and i will try to change that.

Hi, The first two points have been done already (i think), however i'm a little confused with the last two lines...   how and where would i set ignore lines and also, i'm unsure what you mean in line 4.

Really sorry to be a pain with this, but i'm finding your help and advice really useful!  I'm still learning the editor, but have come a long way in a short period of time!

I'm not sure it is you know... i've just loaded a normal game and it looks like they're static... could be wrong though!

I dont think so. Never played with n american comps but im not suprised. As i said its old issue.

34 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

I dont think so. Never played with n american comps but im not suprised. As i said its old issue.

Any further help you can give on the divisional reputation issues would be gratefully appreciated.

Any further help you can give on the divisional reputation issues would be gratefully appreciated.

There is nothing anyone can do if reputation is fixed. Check that first on default game.

12 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

There is nothing anyone can do if reputation is fixed. Check that first on default game.

Krlenjushka, you've been amazing.  Thank you so much for your help.  I have a full working file... trouble is the re created club world cup crashes the game, which is a pain.... any ideas off the top of your head?  Could it be to do with it being part of North America?

I've reinstated the original CWC competition, and tried to send the winner and runners up to the original concacaf CL, but because it's hardcoded, i just can't seem to get it to work.  Are you aware of any instructions on how to edit the hardcoded editor files?

3 minutes ago, Shrew82 said:

Krlenjushka, you've been amazing.  Thank you so much for your help.  I have a full working file... trouble is the re created club world cup crashes the game, which is a pain.... any ideas off the top of your head?  Could it be to do with it being part of North America?

You managed to set club shield? I guess you have to use "cup winners cup" type instead of cup. Not sure about that tbh.

About CWC - you should add it as part of world continent - not n america.

However maybe thats not the reason why you get crash. You can never know until you test every possible setting option.

6 minutes ago, Shrew82 said:

Are you aware of any instructions on how to edit the hardcoded editor files?

In previous years i used "overrides rules" mode but that worked sometimes with some bugs or without.

They removed that option for some reason (everything SI do - they do without any explanation as always) so you need to edit that manualy in order to test it.

You have line called version in xml.

0 is combined rules mode (no longer avalaible in editor)

1 is overrides rules mode (no longer avalaible in editor)

999 is flexible rules

1000 is fixed rules

They added also some new lines - i dont know what those lines are and i dont have time or motivation to test.

I am trying to replicate the games version of the World Club Cup, but can't work out how to add teams from previous years.

For example, 2025 should have the winners of 2025, 2024, 2023, and 2022, but i can't work out how to achieve this.  Have tried to offset years, but this doesn't work.  Any assistance, would be greatly appreciated.