Wants new challenge

Any one had any success at clearing this negative? I tried talking to player first tried the coerce to stay he took it bad then left it for a bit and used persuade to stay he accepted and removed request for transfer this lastet about 2 weeks and he asked to leave again at no point could I offer a new contract and he is now going to another club for free

3 hours ago, Green Arrow said:

Any one had any success at clearing this negative? I tried talking to player first tried the coerce to stay he took it bad then left it for a bit and used persuade to stay he accepted and removed request for transfer this lastet about 2 weeks and he asked to leave again at no point could I offer a new contract and he is now going to another club for free

In real life there isn't much you can do, but if you just keep playing good en keep playing him you might have a chance of him staying.

• SI Staff

When a player gets itchy feet you can sometimes bribe them into staying a bit longer (larger contract) or convince them to stay by talking to them or doing well at the club and showing them the future is bright .. but sometimes they really do just want a change of scenery.

(other things you can do (and none is guaranteed to work) is sign people who are friends of his)

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Green Arrow said:

Just raging it's TAA for Liverpool was going to move him to midfield and build for future and captain haha couldn't talk him around 

Just so people know - if you're into developing youngsters then one thing you can do to avoid this happening frequently is to mentor youngsters  with loyal players ... the personality of the mentor will rub off on the players somewhat.

(and the more loyal a player is the less likely he'll want to move on)

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Green Arrow said:

Thanks may be helpful for future. He was paired with VVD for a a season but no loyalty trait

Model Professional is arguably the best pairing for youngsters in terms of influence ... sadly some youngsters will rebel against the likes of an Alan Shearer tutoring them ... especially rebellious ones.