am in season three with Shrewsbury, last season we got into the Championship playoffs, I have played 11 games and I am top of the league.

Is there a way to make my scouts stop rating L1 players so highly?

How is this player a good signing for a team at the top of the championship?!

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 19.01.30.png

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 18.46.56.png

Edited by ollieshrews
  • ollieshrews changed the title to Scouts out of touch

My guess is that the scout player rating is made up of multiple factors i.e. player ability, potential wage, transfer fee etc. Considering the player in question is available on compensation, is a potential ability of only one division below and is extremely interested in joining bumps up the scout rating. Your current position in the league wouldn’t be factored in. Unless you get promoted at the end of the season.

36 minutes ago, r_amanze said:

My guess is that the scout player rating is made up of multiple factors i.e. player ability, potential wage, transfer fee etc. Considering the player in question is available on compensation, is a potential ability of only one division below and is extremely interested in joining bumps up the scout rating. Your current position in the league wouldn’t be factored in. Unless you get promoted at the end of the season.

and thats is a major issue when you get promoted, when I went to the championship I lost out on loads of players waiting for the update on my league status

The scouts bringing me L1 players is poor.

The guy is rated 1.5 stars you're getting the recommendation because your scout thinks he might be better once the attributes are unmasked
its only because:
A you're on 13% knowledge
B your scouts are probably poor
C your team is league 1 rated ability (this makes the most sense since relegation contenders usually shop in the league below.)

that these guys are appearing

2 hours ago, ollieshrews said:

Anyone know how to get around this?

Pretty much what @jere_d said, if you're unhappy with your scouting then get better scouts, also why don't you manage their assignments so they're more specific to your needs if you haven't already. 

11 hours ago, jere_d said:

The guy is rated 1.5 stars you're getting the recommendation because your scout thinks he might be better once the attributes are unmasked
its only because:
C your team is league 1 rated ability (this makes the most sense since relegation contenders usually shop in the league below.)

I kinda have the same issue where as a belgian midtable team , my scouts offer players that are suited according to their on description for teams 1 league  or 1.5 leagues below me. Ithink having no budget probably bumps their rating up, but is there a chance that the original evaluation gets upgraded? Thats the scouts goes "oh this guy is actually a decent player for your current league", once he has more knowledge? Becaus at the moment I bin all these reports, and I can understand OP's annoyance at what feel like pointless clicks

3 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

I kinda have the same issue where as a belgian midtable team , my scouts offer players that are suited according to their on description for teams 1 league  or 1.5 leagues below me. Ithink having no budget probably bumps their rating up, but is there a chance that the original evaluation gets upgraded? Thats the scouts goes "oh this guy is actually a decent player for your current league", once he has more knowledge? Becaus at the moment I bin all these reports, and I can understand OP's annoyance at what feel like pointless clicks

I also manage in Belgium. I'm sure you'll agree that there isn't a polite word for the standard of the most players we get given scout reports for. It seems a total mystery why they are trying to be footballers. If i can find 2 Belgian players to sign in a summer then it's something of an achievement. 

On 03/01/2021 at 10:45, ollieshrews said:

I have finished 2nd, we are going to the premier league and reports are recommending L1 players still.

How good are your scouts?????

JCA and JPA

Are they even double digits?

On 02/01/2021 at 12:08, jere_d said:

its only because:

knowledge is 19%

last season I finished in the play offs and then finished second

see above, my scouts seem to be ok

3 hours ago, ollieshrews said:

knowledge is 19%

last season I finished in the play offs and then finished second

see above, my scouts seem to be ok

I mean your knowledge of the player

Well can only be 2 things, the players you have are league 1 level, or your scout doesnt have enough information on the player (only 13%) so he could be a worthy player (probably wont be though)

Whats your knowledge of the UK (scouting wise) maybe thats why theyre recommending randoms.

12 hours ago, Andy1979 said:

Say u only want 4 star players.

What he says.

Select your assignements to be 3.5 star rating at the minimum, or 5 star potential and 15 Determination if they are young.