Stadium background image panel on matchday

Tyburn

This is both a request for information and also a suggestion.

As background images can not be used at all it seems anymore on matchday, without knocking out the ME, bar commentary only, which hugely impacts immersion for me, I am looking to mod the in between highlights panels (on any skin) to show a panel with the option of showing a background picture of the stadium the game is being played at.

Does anyone know of a skin currently out there that already does this? I am a fan of the fm21 matchday mod by Micheal Murray, and if there was a way to add another drop down option to the current panels that had the relevant code for showing the current stadium image, that would be ideal.

I have seen multiple skins that show stadium backgrounds in various panels, on like the home page of a club before, so presume the code needed could be roughly found there, but I’m unsure of how to go about it all.

Any help much appreciated.

So in the end this was rather simple. Thank you Michael for linking the code in your first link. This is my ammended code:

<!--Stadium picture-->
            <widget class="stadium_picture" title="Stadium" id="STAp" priority="1" image_alignment="centre_x, centre_y" keep_aspect_ratio="true" default_height="400">
                <record id="object_property">
                    <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                    <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
                </record>
            </widget>

For anyone interested if you put this code into one of the ...skin/panels/match files (from Michael's matchday mod I chose "match touchline tablet slot ibh.xml" .... i also put it after the <!-- Both Team Player Ratings --> block, although it can probably go anywhere) then in game you will have a dropdown in the top left panel that says stadium and your stadium pic for the home team will be visable.

You can obviously add the code to all or any of the 8 central panels (match touchline tablet slot ibh(1-8)) to position the picture where you want.

5 horas atrás, Tyburn disse:

So in the end this was rather simple. Thank you Michael for linking the code in your first link. This is my ammended code:

<!--Stadium picture-->
            <widget class="stadium_picture" title="Stadium" id="STAp" priority="1" image_alignment="centre_x, centre_y" keep_aspect_ratio="true" default_height="400">
                <record id="object_property">
                    <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                    <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
                </record>
            </widget>

For anyone interested if you put this code into one of the ...skin/panels/match files (from Michael's matchday mod I chose "match touchline tablet slot ibh.xml" .... i also put it after the <!-- Both Team Player Ratings --> block, although it can probably go anywhere) then in game you will have a dropdown in the top left panel that says stadium and your stadium pic for the home team will be visable.

You can obviously add the code to all or any of the 8 central panels (match touchline tablet slot ibh(1-8)) to position the picture where you want.

Will give it a go :) Thank you for all the efforts :)

It feels much better now. I would like to ask if anyone can help.

The stadium picture shown below does correspond to an FMT miniature picture pack.

Does anyone if this code can read the actual "backgrounds" folder instead?

I have tried to remove the miniature stadium pack, but no joy :(

imagem.png.779baa011b18cbf37c3d58ddbb47a545.png

imagem.thumb.png.248b69db7dca38f6731ad06f6693aa68.png

My folder structure for stadium backgrounds (and what this code above picks up for me) is documents/si/fm21/graphics/backgrounds/football manager official graphics superpack/*countryname - i.e.Brazil/Italy etc/stadiums/*picture named the id of the club*

If that helps.

27 minutos atrás, Tyburn disse:

My folder structure for stadium backgrounds (and what this code above picks up for me) is documents/si/fm21/graphics/backgrounds/football manager official graphics superpack/*countryname - i.e.Brazil/Italy etc/stadiums/*picture named the id of the club*

If that helps.

Got there now. I do have some pictures associated with the club ID instead of using the stadium ID. Really frustrating how FM matchday experience is moving each year away from the good old days. And having the split screen was so simple, still don't understand why was removed. Anyway, thanks to your help the game is now playable for me :-D  So thank you!