Turning around a losing streak

First version of the game bought in 7 years. Use to just download training and tactics and go. This time decide to do everything myself. I'm Sunderland , started really well was top of the league. I've gone on a disaster run and collapsed like the England Cricket teams middle order. 1 win in 10 has left me 5th and with 10 games to go if I dont turn it around I risk losing a playoff spot and my job. We did win the St Jonhstone trophy in the run but we were outplayed but managed to hold on to 0-0 and win on pens. 

I play 2 formations 433 with fullbacks getting forward or 532. slow tempo, short passing and low pressure. My defence has been great all season, scoring has been a problem, top scorer only has 11 but we managed to dominate the ball and win 1 or 2-0 most games. Tried tweaking my formations and trying new ones but every game now I'm getting totally outplayed.

How do you get out of slump like this. Is it best to tear everything up and start from scratch or persevere with what was working. A great run could get my 2nd but best chance now is hold onto to the playoffs and go up that way.