why someone with dual nationality (one from EU) need a work permit ?!!

ok started a new game.. had a good player who is Uruguayan  but with 2nd nationality as Italian  .. why the hell the deal is pending January work permit ?!! he is Italian .. I signed an Italian with no problem same window ? 

had same issue with a Spanish player too !! he is 15 !! went to Work permit too !! what is going on !!!

why other EU countries transfers went through ?!! 

is that a bug ?!! am still in day 5 of June 2020 !! no Brexit update what so ever ?!! 

18 hours ago, Sherkey said:

If they are joining in January (due to age issues), then it comes under Brexit rules. If they supposed to join immediately, then it's a bug, as you shouldn't need Wp for both of them.

yeahh just checked the Spanish player was  15  and I offered him pro contract  !! meanwhile the note when tried to sign him indicated he will need a WP and it will be refused and won in appeal ?!!  why is that?!!! if he is Spanish why will be refused ? !! and why he will win it in appeal ?!! he is 15 .. sure he will not have any caps .. and I bought it for free offering him youth team salary !! 

While 2nd one thought is free agent as I approached him straightaway, turn out his contract at his club in Uruguay will end by 31 Dec 2020 !!!

LOL .. will be fun to wait new brexit rules generated ? is it still random or SI had adopted new laws which was agreed recently  ? 

Edited by shwanko

No, it's uniform now. WP depends on the matches played, the level the player is playing at, Club and League reputation, International matches etc. There was a Brexit thread which explained this in greater detail.

Because of Brexit, anyone non-British is treated as foreign and so requires a work permit. Players already at club are granted settled status until 2024, I believe, unless you offer them a new contract (n which case, it reverts to work permits again).

1 hour ago, Safe Hands said:

Is there a way to appeal? Have a player from Honduras signed on a free. He has Italian dual nationality, regular for his country and played 40 games last season. I'm in 2nd season and this guy would be my best player.

If you look at a scout report on the player, then the scout will often have noted if there is a possibility of getting the permit (either outright, or through appeal).

2 minutes ago, Safe Hands said:

The work permit has been rejected,  is there a way to appeal as cant see the option? Making me want to start again as being low league team not going to be signing international from top leagues.

When you try to sign him, you will be told how the work permit application is going, if it is rejected then you can appeal. If the appeal also fails you will be asked if you want to sign him anyway. If you have, you can appeal every 120 days or something similar I think, but he still needs to fulfil the original criteria for a permit. That should be visible in the "Rules" section in league.

27 minutes ago, XaW said:

When you try to sign him, you will be told how the work permit application is going, if it is rejected then you can appeal. If the appeal also fails you will be asked if you want to sign him anyway. If you have, you can appeal every 120 days or something similar I think, but he still needs to fulfil the original criteria for a permit. That should be visible in the "Rules" section in league.

Cheers I'll have another look, it didnt give me the option to appeal just flat rejected. He meets the criteria,he on a free from inter, was on loan at a serie b team last year and played 40 games and has 25 caps for Honduras and is a starter. Tried to get him to sign so could loan but he refused. Will try and sign again and see if it gives me the appeal option. 

9 hours ago, Safe Hands said:

Cheers I'll have another look, it didnt give me the option to appeal just flat rejected. He meets the criteria,he on a free from inter, was on loan at a serie b team last year and played 40 games and has 25 caps for Honduras and is a starter. Tried to get him to sign so could loan but he refused. Will try and sign again and see if it gives me the appeal option. 

Sounds about right then, since Honduras isn't in the top 50 nations in the FIFA rankings, so his caps for them are going to mean very little, and he played Serie B football last year. You're going to struggle to get him a work permit, and without one, it wouldn't be surprising if he declined to agree to the transfer.