Is Liverpool still too OP?

This is in regards to the Premier League as well, we know the TV money is huge in the Prem and over the course of the years English teams seem to reek havok due to the funds they collect. (M UNITED) There has to be some sort of inflation/deflation implemented into this game unless due to licensing & agreements make it somewhat impossible. (mods perhaps?) We all know Gegen Press is a tactic abused heavily on this form, could the conditioning fatigue factor be a bit more harsh in general to implement tactical/formation changes during the match? Just food for thought, cheers!

I had a thread asking this for FM20 - after Liverpool kept winning the PL. They won the first 6 seasons, after which the next 4 went Brighton (me), Spurs, Brighton, Spurs.

I am only 1 season in on FM21, but Liverpool finished 4th. They were well off the pace of the two Manchester clubs, who both finished with 90+ points. City were just steamrolling teams and it was only the over-rated (IMHO) Utd that kept them from winning the league by 20+ points.

You are correct that the money in the Premiership means the top clubs can just keep buying and buying and even the middling clubs end up assembling squads that would be potential top 4 sides in any other European league. The money side is part of the 'fun' of challenging to top sides, but would think domestic and continental domination would be a given eventually for any human-managed 'top club' in England.

Liverpool seem to be fairly well represented in FM21 - in my saves Liverpool got 2020/21 (very likely) and then in the Salford save which has progressed furthest, got overhauled by Man Utd in 2021/22 (less likely)  - in 2022/23 it's switching between Liverpool and Man Utd at the top of the EPL with Chelsea and Man City in a position to take advantage of any slip-ups.  I can't see Liverpool still being dominant a couple of seasons from now - the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea look to be set to overtake them.

Whatever has happened to Sheffield Utd IRL hasn't been reflected by FM, they're a well-establish top-half side.  Which may be suggestive of problems that can be overcome IRL if they get their act together.

West Ham got relegated first season in my Salford save, so I guess sometimes the RNG has no mercy!

Liverpool won the first 3 titles in my save, then Chelsea won the next 3 and Man U are just about to win the next one. Top 5/6 are all changing each season, with Arsenal the ones that dropped to just outside the relegation and. are now top 4 again.

I play in Sweden, so my season is skewed against. the rest of Europe, but I actually just went round the leagues in focus to see who had won the top leagues in Europe.

France: PSG x4, Monaco x2 and about to make it 3.

Germany: Bayern x 2, B Dortmund x4

Italy: Juventus x 3, Inter x 3

Spain: Barce x 5, Real Madrid x 1

Edited by Grifty

Sounds like some good upside compared to last year already but Man U with who they have should be in shambles as they have been in recent years (not this year so far...) Either way 21 has been damn enjoyable.

Edited by naterego93

Liverpool may be OP but they are also extremely strong IRL - Man Utd as always are far too OP in the game because they actually spend money wisely (not realistic at all) and a few players like Martial & Pogba remain ridiculously over-rated by FM. 

Also this coming from a United fan for over 20 years.

It has taken many years fo Liverpool to create the strong squad they have. And thats represented well in the game. 

After a few seasons, once their top performers get older they will decline, unless the AI has good recruitment.

Its just natural for all teams to be strong at some point tbh.

I just want teams for other countries to be just as successful every decade or so. Have Serie A dominate again like in the 90's, La Liga in the 2000's, or a competitive league like the Dutch league was at one time...VARIETY with reputations and financial inflation for these leagues 

I've just checked the Euro cups to see what the dominance is there;

Champions Cup: Liverpool x 3, Barcelona x 1, Roma x 1, B Dortmund x 1, PSG x 1 and Real Madrid x 1

Euro Cup: Ajax x 1, Newcastle x 1, Schalke x 1, Lyon x 2, Man City x 1, B Dortmund x 1 and Hertha x 1

Euro II: Atalanta x 1, Newcastle x 1, Schalke x 1, Valencia x 1, Arsenal x 1, Fiorentina x 1 and Villareal x 1

So there's quite a few different teams from the top 5 winning which I like. Seems quite fair across the board.

I've not got through a full season on it yet, but I'm not seeing this problem. It's United if anything that are OP. They haven't lost in any of the saves I've done so far. In my current one they are top with 7 from 7 and a GD of 28. Liverpool are 6th with one defeat and a GD of 15. Interestingly Spurs seem to be unrealistically bad on this one so far, they are bottom with 0 wins in the first 7 games.

On 27/12/2020 at 19:40, naterego93 said:

This is in regards to the Premier League as well, we know the TV money is huge in the Prem and over the course of the years English teams seem to reek havok due to the funds they collect. (M UNITED) There has to be some sort of inflation/deflation implemented into this game unless due to licensing & agreements make it somewhat impossible. (mods perhaps?) We all know Gegen Press is a tactic abused heavily on this form, could the conditioning fatigue factor be a bit more harsh in general to implement tactical/formation changes during the match? Just food for thought, cheers!

Doesn't look OP in my game. They didn't win in the game before 2035 after Zidane took over.

image.png.0823fa1a1fcb352875ca1225e7051554.png

Liverpool aren't op in my save. In 9 Seasons its gone Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Chelsea 3 in a row, Man City and Chelsea. It seems Chelsea are the best team in England on my save.

Liverpool have also won some domestic and European cups but no team is dominating them.

Liverpool is extremely good if you play them yourself or any human player. They don't have any faults and even mediocre players are world class for some reason. Van Dijk isn't even injured at the start. Man Utd are also good, but they have alot of dead weight, with completely useless players on ridiculous wages you can't get rid off.

Edited by V3ntricity