Jump to content

[FM21][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated August 29th*


sebastian_starttrbts
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 06/01/2021 at 07:37, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

This is legendary! The problem I have is I really need the other skin I currently use because it has the icons for the coach summary, and XG on the same view as the attributes. If this could include this I would argue it is a necessity for a realism save.

Again, Great Job!

Thank you :)

When I started to create this skin I tried to solely focus on replacing all the numeric attribute values first as well as restructuring the comparison panels to be able to present a playable result as soon as possible. Of course, there is still some room for improvements in the default skins presentation, but I didn't want to overextend myself on working on to many topics at the same time. For now, I assume that there aren't any numeric attribute values left, so the next step would be to work on some small adjustments in the defaults skin layout. One step was to replace the "preferred foot" by the "left and right foot-ability" in the player profile. Since I'm not an advanced skin-editor it takes some time to make progress on new topics, but I'm still trying to improve. In Addition I would love to show the small icons from the pros and cons of the Coach summary on the player overview as well, but at the moment I still have to figure out und understand how to do it.

I guess to replace the attribute stars in other skins you may have to transfer the files I edited, but I don't have any experience in mixing up two different skins so I am not able to recommend this to you at the moment. 

Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Thank you :)

When I started to create this skin I tried to solely focus on replacing all the numeric attribute values first as well as restructuring the comparison panels to be able to present a playable result as soon as possible. Of course, there is still some room for improvements in the default skins presentation, but I didn't want to overextend myself on working on to many topics at the same time. For now, I assume that there aren't any numeric attribute values left, so the next step would be to work on some small adjustments in the defaults skin layout. One step was to replace the "preferred foot" by the "left and right foot-ability" in the player profile. Since I'm not an advanced skin-editor it takes some time to make progress on new topics, but I'm still trying to improve. In Addition I would love to show the small icons from the pros and cons of the Coach summary on the player overview as well, but at the moment I still have to figure out und understand how to do it.

I guess to replace the attribute stars in other skins you may have to transfer the files I edited, but I don't have any experience in mixing up two different skins so I am not able to recommend this to you at the moment. 

I understand. I am still super excited to use this though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Am 3.1.2021 um 19:41 schrieb Fritzle_1893:

 

*updated January 3rd*

Changelog:

  • fixed an issue concerning the colours of unscouted and low attributes
  • added left and right foot ability to player overview

 

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

  • Put "StarAttributes" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes

What does "finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes" mean? Sry im german - do i start the FM with this file, or do i have run this file before i start the fm?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Conardo said:

What does "finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes" mean? Sry im german - do i start the FM with this file, or do i have run this file before i start the fm?

You open Football Manager, go to Preferences and choose "StarAttributes" as your skin. Then you reload and most of the changes I made will be shown, for example the player profile:

1322437597_Screenshot2021-01-08at11_09_08.thumb.png.020005623f4af28650ed7859ee5601e9.png

but in the custom views as well as in the specific player role views you'll still find numeric attributes, since they are controlled by the person properties.xml-file:

562142119_Screenshot2021-01-08at11_09_34.thumb.png.b65f934387b1fe02354cfe236a04d07a.png

1427002931_Screenshot2021-01-08at11_09_58.thumb.png.8742f97b5718478afbe300025a6db84a.png

So you'll have to restart Football Manager once to load the person properties.xml-file as well. After that everything should be fine and all the numeric attributes should be replaced:

1790178710_Screenshot2021-01-08at11_21_34.thumb.png.a2136ad66c445bd9fd9ba9ccdbd8443d.png

 

In German:

Spoiler

Du packst den "StarAttributes"-Ordner wie bei jedem anderen Skin auch in den Userordner unter /skins. Dann öffnest du den FM und wählst unter Preferences bei Skin "StarAttributes" und klickst auf reload. Nun übernimmt der FM schon einen Großteil meiner Änderungen, wie beispielsweise das Spielerprofil oder auch die Traineransicht. Individuelle Ansichten oder auch diese unter Player Roles/... zeigen jedoch zu diesem Zeitpunkt weiterhin numerische Attributswerte. Diese Ansichten werden über die person properties.xml gesteuert und scheinbar muss diese direkt beim Start des FM geladen werden. Ist nun "StarAttributes" dein gewählter Skin, so greift der FM beim Start auf diesen Ordner zu, findet und lädt die person properties.xml und sämtliche numerische Attributswerte sollten ersetzt sein.

 

Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - thank you a lot for the explanation.  :thup:

Additional question: What files i have to copy when i want use an other skin?

 

Edited by Conardo
Additional question
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Conardo said:

Wow - thank you a lot for the explanation.  :thup:

Additional question: What files i have to copy when i want use an other skin?

 

On that same note what would I need to add from another skin to change the coach summary?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Conardo said:

Wow - thank you a lot for the explanation.  :thup:

Additional question: What files i have to copy when i want use an other skin?

 

I guess you may have to transfer all the files from the panels- and the properties-folder and hope that these files weren't edited in the other skin, since replacing existing files might destroy the other editor's work, as well as the boxes/custom/attributes... path with the star.pngs from the graphics-folder. On top of that you'll need to replace the lines I put into the StarAttributes settings.xml-file in the other skins settings.xml, but just for the specific part I edited. 

I haven't tried this before, so I am not able to give you any advice on how to proceed. Given that the files I edited already exist in the other skin's data, you'll have to edit all the files manually like I did with the default skin. 

Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

On that same note what would I need to add from another skin to change the coach summary?

I don't know yet. Looking at some skins with this coach summary, it seems that they changed the whole structure and it isn't done with just replacing some lines. Like I said, I'm still working on this skin and trying to improve its presentation, but since I'm not an advanced editor, this takes some time. So for now, you'll have to use it the way it is, or you'll have to try yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

I don't know yet. Looking at some skins with this coach summary, it seems that they changed the whole structure and it isn't done with just replacing some lines. Like I said, I'm still working on this skin and trying to improve its presentation, but since I'm not an advanced editor, this takes some time. So for now, you'll have to use it the way it is, or you'll have to try yourself.

Ok thanks again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dillonbarrett1997 said:

Is there a way to remove the stars and have nothing there at all? Thank you cant wait to try this skin!  

If do not mind not having the colors you can do that without the skin. In the preferences> skin color> advanced>the last column types 1 for everything in that column.

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, dillonbarrett1997 said:

Is there a way to remove the stars and have nothing there at all? Thank you cant wait to try this skin!  

Try to delete the star.png files located in graphics/boxes/custom/attributes.

 

32 minutes ago, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

If do not mind not having the colors you can do that without the skin. In the preferences> skin color> advanced>the last column types 1 for everything in that column.

This might be an option, but I guess this won't hide the attribute octagon and the bars in the player comparison-screen for example.

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Try to delete the star.png files located in graphics/boxes/custom/attributes.

 

This might be an option, but I guess this won't hide the attribute octagon and the bars in the player comparison-screen for example.

Thank you! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/01/2021 at 17:14, Fritzle_1893 said:

I guess you may have to transfer all the files from the panels- and the properties-folder and hope that these files weren't edited in the other skin, since replacing existing files might destroy the other editor's work, as well as the boxes/custom/attributes... path with the star.pngs from the graphics-folder. On top of that you'll need to replace the lines I put into the StarAttributes settings.xml-file in the other skins settings.xml, but just for the specific part I edited. 

I haven't tried this before, so I am not able to give you any advice on how to proceed. Given that the files I edited already exist in the other skin's data, you'll have to edit all the files manually like I did with the default skin. 

I tried but that's a tough one to combine two skins considering that on some lines even the width info is different.

A small question, all the files in your zip file are modified in order to create non-numeric attributes?

Edited by Ups81
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ups81 said:

I tried but that's a tough one to combine two skins considering that on some lines even the width info is different.

A small question, all the files in your zip file are modified in order to create non-numeric attributes?

I guess for skins with a whole different layout you'll have to manually repeat everything I did to the default skin.

Most of the files are responsible for the non-numeric attributes. I used the Resource Archiver to extract the default and the dark skin to start with and then added the graphics and the panels needed to replace the numeric attribute values. But in addition there are some files to restructure the comparison screens as well as to delete the attribute octagons for example. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a little addition on how to customise the colour of the attribute stars:

  • go to Preferences/Advanced/All and make sure "Use caching to decrease page loading time" is unticked
  • choose another skin than "StarAttributes" in your FM Preferences, for example the default Football Manager-skin
  • go to StarAttributes-folder in your skins-section and temporarily remove the properties-folder
  • open the StarAttributes settings.xml and adjust the rgb-code in <!-- Profile attribute colours --> for the particular attribute in:
    <colour name="~ attribute" value="rgb(r,g,b)"/>

    as well as in:

    <colour name="~ attribute background" value="rgb(r,g,b)"/>

    with ~ = low, average, good or excellent

  • save the xml-file, make StarAttributes the skin of your choice again and reload
  • now go back to your skins-folder and put the properties-folder back into StarAttributes
  • close and restart Football Manager for properties.xml to properly reload
Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi mate,

if I do custom views for Coaching Team, Medical Team or Scouting Team, sometimes the stars don't load and I see the real value.

And in Responsibilities , for example Advice and Reports -> Transfers and Contracts you can see the real values too.

 

I love using this skin, this are the two things I discovered. :)

Edited by MadHatterLuc
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MadHatterLuc said:

Hi mate,

if I do custom views for Coaching Team, Medical Team oder Scouting Team, sometimes the stars don't load and I see the real value.

And in Responsibilities , for example Advice and Reports -> Transfers and Contracts you can see the real values too.

 

I love using this skin, this are the two things I discovered. :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

I will try to work on the issues you mentioned above and hopefully be able to present a working update as soon as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is absolutely amazing.  Been waiting for a skin like this forever.  

Wondering if you can help me with background pictures not being cut in half.  After reading about it its an opacity issue. 

The default skin has a transparent bar at the top and then an opaque bottom half so all my background pics are cut in half using your fantastic skin.

I tried implementing this quick fix into your skin but without luck.  I dont know enough about what I was actually trying to do.  haha.  
 


Loving the work.  Keep it up.  This skin is an absolute game changer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also found a spot where I still see numbers. 

Staff Responisbilities
Advice and reports.  
all these drop downs show numbers not stars.  

Thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 24/01/2021 at 04:54, Jabn said:

This is absolutely amazing.  Been waiting for a skin like this forever.  

Wondering if you can help me with background pictures not being cut in half.  After reading about it its an opacity issue. 

The default skin has a transparent bar at the top and then an opaque bottom half so all my background pics are cut in half using your fantastic skin.

I tried implementing this quick fix into your skin but without luck.  I dont know enough about what I was actually trying to do.  haha.  
 


Loving the work.  Keep it up.  This skin is an absolute game changer.  

To be honest, I haven't used external background pictures before so I don't really know how to fix it. My skins are based on the default skins I extracted with the Resource Archiver directly from the game. Maybe the default skins need further editing on certain opacity-values to make these pictures fully visible? Have you tried your background pictures on the base skin, provided in the Skinning Hideout? If they are fully displayed, you should be able to transfer the panels I edited and maybe it'll work then.

 

3 hours ago, Jabn said:

I have also found a spot where I still see numbers. 

Staff Responisbilities
Advice and reports.  
all these drop downs show numbers not stars.  

Thanks again.

This was mentioned some days ago and I'm already trying to fix it. Thank you for your feedback. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 17/01/2021 at 08:40, Fritzle_1893 said:

Here's a little addition on how to customise the colour of the attribute stars:

Option 1:

  • go to Preferences/Advanced/All and make sure "Use caching to decrease page loading time" is unticked
  • open the StarAttributes settings.xml and adjust the rgb-code in <!-- Profile attribute colours --> for the particular attribute in:
    
    <colour name="~ attribute" value="rgb(r,g,b)"/>
    as well as in: 
    
    <colour name="~ attribute background" value="rgb(r,g,b)"/>
    with ~ = low, average, good or excellent
  • save the xml-file and reload the skin -> if this does not work, try Option 2

 

Option 2:

  • choose another skin than "StarAttributes" in your FM Preferences, for example the default Football Manager-skin
  • go to StarAttributes-folder in your skins-section and temporarily remove the properties-folder
  • open the StarAttributes settings.xml and adjust the rgb-code in <!-- Profile attribute colours --> for the particular attribute in:
    
    <colour name="~ attribute" value="rgb(r,g,b)"/>

    as well as in:

    
    <colour name="~ attribute background" value="rgb(r,g,b)"/>

    with ~ = low, average, good or excellent

  • save the xml-file, make StarAttributes the skin of your choice again and reload
  • now go back to your skins-folder and put the properties-folder back into StarAttributes
  • close and restart Football Manager for properties.xml to properly reload

Ive tried both options without any luck. I would love to change the stars to Green (excellent, Good) Yellow & Red.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Ive tried both options without any luck. I would love to change the stars to Green (excellent, Good) Yellow & Red.

I tried the second option again and it works for me without any problem:

799413084_Screenshot2021-01-29at22_09_38.thumb.png.2fcce289d6a190ec85015dad34dd869f.png

<!-- Profile attribute colours -->
	<colour name="low attribute" 							value="rgb(255,84,84)"/> <!-- red -->
	<colour name="normal attribute" 						value="rgb(239,243,59)"/> <!-- yellow -->
	<colour name="good attribute" 							value="rgb(10,255,111)" /> <!-- green -->
	<colour name="excellent attribute" 						value="rgb(10,255,111)" /> <!-- green -->
	<colour name="unknown attribute background" 			value="rgb(21,10,35)"/>
	<colour name="low attribute background" 					value="rgb(255,84,84)"/> <!-- red -->
	<colour name="normal attribute background" 				value="rgb(239,243,59)"/> <!-- yellow -->
	<colour name="good attribute background" 				value="rgb(10,255,111)" /> <!-- green -->
	<colour name="excellent attribute background" 				value="rgb(10,255,111)" /> <!-- green -->
	<colour name="special attribute" 						value="fg blue" />
	<colour name="attribute label" 							value="fg" />
	<colour name="special attribute label" 					value="fg" />
	<colour name="profile extra text" 						value="fg" />

 

Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

I tried the second option again and it works for me without any problem:

799413084_Screenshot2021-01-29at22_09_38.thumb.png.2fcce289d6a190ec85015dad34dd869f.png



<!-- Profile attribute colours -->
	<colour name="low attribute" 							value="rgb(255,84,84)"/> <!-- red -->
	<colour name="normal attribute" 						value="rgb(239,243,59)"/> <!-- yellow -->
	<colour name="good attribute" 							value="rgb(10,255,111)" /> <!-- green -->
	<colour name="excellent attribute" 						value="rgb(10,255,111)" /> <!-- green -->
	<colour name="unknown attribute background" 			value="rgb(21,10,35)"/>
	<colour name="low attribute background" 					value="rgb(255,84,84)"/> <!-- red -->
	<colour name="normal attribute background" 				value="rgb(239,243,59)"/> <!-- yellow -->
	<colour name="good attribute background" 				value="rgb(10,255,111)" /> <!-- green -->
	<colour name="excellent attribute background" 				value="rgb(10,255,111)" /> <!-- green -->
	<colour name="special attribute" 						value="fg blue" />
	<colour name="attribute label" 							value="fg" />
	<colour name="special attribute label" 					value="fg" />
	<colour name="profile extra text" 						value="fg" />

 

Thanks I’ll try it again. 

 

Edit- It works! thanks again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM21][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated January 30th*

*updated January 30th*

Changelog:

  • fixed problem with temporary visible attribute values for custom views in the staff section.
  • numeric attribute values in Staff/Responsibilities/Advise and Reports are hidden, but do not show the attributes colour for now.
  • added attribute stars to job advert response (inbox)

 

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

  • Put "StarAttributes" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes
Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

*updated January 30th*

Changelog:

  • fixed problem with temporary visible attribute values for custom views in the staff section.
  • numeric attribute values in Staff/Responsibilities/Advise and Reports are hidden, but do not show the attributes colour for now.
  • added attribute stars to job advert response (inbox)

 

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

  • Put "StarAttributes" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes

Hi Fritzle. Could you list the file names that have been updated please. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Hi Fritzle. Could you list the file names that have been updated please. Thanks.

I'll try, but I'm not that sure whether these are all the changes compared to the old version, since I started from scratch with an updated person properties.xml:

  • properties/person properties.xml
  • graphics/boxes/custom/attributes
  • panels/club/scouting pool analyst view.xml and scouting pool scout view.xml
  • panels/human-folder
  • panels/news_item_panels/advert respond news content.xml removed
  • panels/person/person search staff views.xml removed and added person search filter advanced.xml
  • panels/team/team container staff details panel.xml removed
  • panels/widgets/player attributes player card panel.xml removed as well as youth loan sub panel.xml
Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. I’m using your skin with a custom skin I have created (from the base skin), so knowing which files really helps, as I’ve altered so many myself! Now it should be easier for me to highlight the changes and implement them. 

Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, BlueScreen said:

So you finally could make it work. Which panel was it?

I tried a lot with the advert respond news content panel.xml and finally managed to at least remove the attribute values. But after playing around with the person properties.xml-file, the numeric attribute values were replaced and there was no additional xml-file needed, so I was able to delete the changes I made on the advert respond news content panel.xml.

Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

olMthaW.png

Is it possible to remove the small dots? They're very small, but I can see them anyway. I know it's the attributes numbers resized to zero, but I would like to know if it's possible to remove them.

I would like to thank you for your work with this, it completly changed the game for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, BlueScreen said:

olMthaW.png

Is it possible to remove the small dots? They're very small, but I can see them anyway. I know it's the attributes numbers resized to zero, but I would like to know if it's possible to remove them.

I would like to thank you for your work with this, it completly changed the game for me.

I don't think we are able to fully remove these small dots yet. You may hide them by moving the stars above, but I'm not that sure whether the stars layer is above the attribute-(dot-)layer or vice versa.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for these star attributes. It really helps make the game much more realistic. I hate the numbered attribute layout. So huge thanks. 
I have managed to merge it into the Flut skin with success in most areas of the game. Couple of exceptions are on player profile screen I cannot get it to work on either attributes with and without boxes. Also my manger profile screen. But so far the rest of the game it is working superbly. 
I have regular contact with the designer of the Flut skin and I have told him I’ve got it to work. Hopefully without any issues. So far so good. 
If he wants to release it with these stars. Would that be ok? There’s a good chance he might not as I’ve not got to work on every attribute area. But I thought I’d ask just in case he does. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, crazyanimals said:

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for these star attributes. It really helps make the game much more realistic. I hate the numbered attribute layout. So huge thanks. 
I have managed to merge it into the Flut skin with success in most areas of the game. Couple of exceptions are on player profile screen I cannot get it to work on either attributes with and without boxes. Also my manger profile screen. But so far the rest of the game it is working superbly. 
I have regular contact with the designer of the Flut skin and I have told him I’ve got it to work. Hopefully without any issues. So far so good. 
If he wants to release it with these stars. Would that be ok? There’s a good chance he might not as I’ve not got to work on every attribute area. But I thought I’d ask just in case he does. 
 

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy StarAttributes :)

The "problem" with skins using a different type of layout is the positioning of the attribute values. I had to play around with these values to put them in the right place in the default skin, but when there is a different layout, these positions aren't the same anymore so the stars might be hidden by other panels. Most of the attribute values are controlled by the person properties.xml, but for the human profile, as well as the player profiles you'll need to edit the respective xml-file.

And if there's any interest in including my stars in another "released" skin, I'd prefer to talk the editor himself. 

 

7 hours ago, crazyanimals said:

If you have success with these please post pics. Great idea again to improve realism to the game 

To completely remove the attributes you'll only need to delete the graphics/boxes/custom/attributes-folder, I guess. 

 

7 hours ago, crazyanimals said:

Will there be a new update anytime soon?

At the moment I haven't discovered any attribute-issues left, so further updates will only cover graphical adjustments. But for now there is no progress worth another release, so it'll take some time I guess (unless there's something left I'll have to fix).

Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy StarAttributes :)

The "problem" with skins using a different type of layout is the positioning of the attribute values. I had to play around with these values to put them in the right place in the default skin, but when there is a different layout, these positions aren't the same anymore so the stars might be hidden by other panels. Most of the attribute values are controlled by the person properties.xml, but for the human profile, as well as the player profiles you'll need to edit the respective xml-file.

And if there's any interest in including my stars in another "released" skin, I'd prefer to talk the editor himself. 

 

To completely remove the attributes you'll only need to delete the graphics/boxes/custom/attributes-folder, I guess. 

 

At the moment I haven't discovered any attribute-issues left, so further updates will only cover graphical adjustments. But for now there is no progress worth another release, so it'll take some time I guess (unless there's something left I'll have to fix).

Thank you so much for your response. I could show you some screenshots and you could perhaps tell me if there’s anything hidden? 
Everything looks to work perfectly but my eyes are getting old and tired now haha

huge thanks once again for these stars. They are fantastic 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/02/2021 at 05:13, crazyanimals said:

Thank you so much for your response. I could show you some screenshots and you could perhaps tell me if there’s anything hidden? 
Everything looks to work perfectly but my eyes are getting old and tired now haha

huge thanks once again for these stars. They are fantastic 

You don't need any screenshots. At the moment I assume that there are no numerical values left in this skin, so there should either be a star or some space when there is an issue with the positioning. Most of the numeric attributes are replaced via the person properties.xml - for example in the squad views etc..

When there is an additional xml-file in the panels-folder like the human profile.xml, I had to manually change the position of the stars (for example starting in line 427 for the coaching attributes) with:

<record indx="1">
							<flags id="sort_disabled" value="true" />
							<flags id="alignment" value="left" />
							<integer id="left" value="-30" />
							<integer id="top" value="-1" />
							<integer id="bottom" value="5" />

						</record>

Due to a different structure in a skin, the positions I installed probably won't match the space in their attribute section. Therefore a lot of trial is needed to find the appropriate position. I would recommend to start with an "original" human profile.xml, extracted with the Resource Archiver.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM21][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated February 8th*

*updated February 8th*

Changelog:

  • fixed positioning of stars in "Add New Manager"-overview-screen
  • removed "small dots next to attribute stars" in staff profile attribute-section

720838217_Screenshot2021-02-06at15_38_27.thumb.png.436c49eabfa2dc57ca43f5354280c72e.png

 

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

  • Put "StarAttributes" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes
Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, androxinea said:

Hi, I can't see numbers when I search staff anymore even if I use another skin... What can I do?

missing staff numbers.png

This may be because of the person properties.xml. In Football Manager preferences choose "another skin" as your FM-skin. Then close Football Manager and reopen it and every attribute should be numerical again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/01/2021 at 00:14, Fritzle_1893 said:

I guess you may have to transfer all the files from the panels- and the properties-folder and hope that these files weren't edited in the other skin, since replacing existing files might destroy the other editor's work, as well as the boxes/custom/attributes... path with the star.pngs from the graphics-folder. On top of that you'll need to replace the lines I put into the StarAttributes settings.xml-file in the other skins settings.xml, but just for the specific part I edited. 

I haven't tried this before, so I am not able to give you any advice on how to proceed. Given that the files I edited already exist in the other skin's data, you'll have to edit all the files manually like I did with the default skin. 

you know what, initially i wanted to add it to my kojuro skin cos i love its design and layout. and then i downloaded your dark version and it is just perfect for what it is. Thank you for making the skin its amazing!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 17/02/2021 at 09:11, Alfredo James said:

you know what, initially i wanted to add it to my kojuro skin cos i love its design and layout. and then i downloaded your dark version and it is just perfect for what it is. Thank you for making the skin its amazing!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the StarAttributes-experience :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM21][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated February 28th*

*updated February 28th*

Changelog:

  • added coach report information (pros and cons) to player profile and increased profile picture size
  • removed numeric attribute values in Staff-Team Attributes graphics
  • fixed role suitability in player comparison/position and roles-section for the second player
  • fixed match sharpness after it was removed due to the Winter Update

1599492143_Screenshot2021-02-27at19_59_05.thumb.png.312b4a4a1b328fa96911ed0dd007ef66.png

1950333304_Screenshot2021-02-26at23_53_54.thumb.png.ded6aaa269b58d426e7fa73e4a5717ca.png

 

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

  • Put "StarAttributes" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes
Edited by Fritzle_1893
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awesome.  Well done, sire!

One question about partially scouted attributes (when you are given a range) - how is this handled?  Is it set to represent a specific part of the range (e.g. highest or lowest bound) or does it represent a random value somewhere within the range?

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Geoff Newman said:

This is awesome.  Well done, sire!

One question about partially scouted attributes (when you are given a range) - how is this handled?  Is it set to represent a specific part of the range (e.g. highest or lowest bound) or does it represent a random value somewhere within the range?

Thank you :)

To be honest, I don't really know which value FM takes into account when choosing the colour of partially scouted attributes. From what I've noticed, I would assume that FM uses the lowest value possible, so there might be an improvement with an increase in player knowledge but no decline, I guess:

241490958_Screenshot2021-02-26at15_18_01.thumb.png.a6625109f56aa674e6d0ca9266264471.png1043575398_Screenshot2021-02-26at15_41_43.thumb.png.8bdbc3d4d15915ec3367a316eada1942.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Geoff Newman said:

No worries, thank you.  A lot of advantages to it being that way round, as it means you'll have to scout someone a lot more before you can dismiss them as a target.

Not related to your skin, and most definitely not a request, but I'd love to see a more dynamic response to scouting.  Say a scout watches someone play really well in a game and subsequently over-estimates their ability in some areas (or vice-versa) and it's only with more scouting does it creep towards a realistic assessment.

I've always been keen to find alternatives to numerical attributes, especially for the more intangible fields.  I'm working on a report-like concept that aggregates attributes together into different groupings (e.g Passing reflects passing, technique, decisions, composure), and grades them.  Obviously some attributes will be relevant in multiple areas.  I've added a mock to better explain.

This provides contextual notes that kind of hint to attributes ("telegraphs his intentions" suggests low flair), but I'm erring towards the building a list of styles/archetypes for each area instead.  For example, passing, a player might be:

  • Precise (high passing & decisions)
  • Expansive (high passing, technique & vision)
  • Speculative (poor-average passing & decisions, high vision)
  • Safe (average passing, high decisions)
  • and so on...

At the moment it's just a mock and a spreadsheet with logic and hierarchies.  Once I've worked out what I want, I've then got to actually learn how to skin.

This looks like a really interesting approach, but I honestly have no idea whether it is possible to create a skin like that. Would be a lot of hard work I guess, but I like the idea. Hope you'll make some progress in the future. Would be great for the FM-community to benefit from your ideas. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

A suggestion: I think the range 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and 16-20 is too big to identify with only one colour. Maybe 2 or 3 numbers in a range with a gradient colour would be better, like: 

 

image.png.7cac8f1ea45180a4b07159927f6168e3.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thiagoanjo said:

A suggestion: I think the range 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and 16-20 is too big to identify with only one colour. Maybe 2 or 3 numbers in a range with a gradient colour would be better, like: 

image.png.7cac8f1ea45180a4b07159927f6168e3.png

 

Hey there and thank you for your suggestion. :)

In my opinion the idea about playing without numeric attributes is mostly driven by uncertainty. Implementing even more ranges would reduce the amount of uncertainty and therefore take away an important element of this experience. I think having attributes classified in poor, average, good and excellent is a well balanced layout and you are able to adjust the thresholds on you personal preferences in the skin colour-section as well. In addition I don't think we are technically able to add (or remove) some more ranges in Football Manager. At least I haven't discovered anything like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 horas atrás, Fritzle_1893 disse:

 

Hey there and thank you for your suggestion. :)

In my opinion the idea about playing without numeric attributes is mostly driven by uncertainty. Implementing even more ranges would reduce the amount of uncertainty and therefore take away an important element of this experience. I think having attributes classified in poor, average, good and excellent is a well balanced layout and you are able to adjust the thresholds on you personal preferences in the skin colour-section as well. In addition I don't think we are technically able to add (or remove) some more ranges in Football Manager. At least I haven't discovered anything like that.

I forgot we could adjust that in-game, but 11-15 is a huge gap, I mean, it is a difference from poor player to a start player, at some levels (Brasil 1st div, for instance). I will run some tests and give a feedback about how I feel it, great job anyways, congrats!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM21][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated August 29th*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...