[FM21][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated August 29th*

sebastian_starttrbts

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Now this could be interesting. If I wasn't working on my own skin, I would take a look at this. How hard was it to change from numbers to stars? 

Since it was the first time I tried myself on editing a skin, it was a lot of "changing the xml-file, reload the skin and change the xml-file again". But I assume this will never change. Thanks to the Skinning Hideout it was a lot of fun and I guess it didn't go that bad. There may still be some potential to improve in the future, but for now it should be playable at least. :)

Edited by Fritzle_1893

7 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Legend. Thanks for the time and effort gone into this. Will be using this straight away. 

20201227163300_1.thumb.jpg.75150bfb5d703d0140ab5f1782652ee8.jpg

Did you change the star-colour for the "low" attributes? In this case you should remember that unscouted players will show a lot of red stars, although their attributes may not be that bad, since unscouted values are displayed as "low" values.

2 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Did you change the star-colour for the "low" attributes? In this case you should remember that unscouted players will show a lot of red stars, although their attributes may not be that bad, since unscouted values are displayed as "low" values.

I did yeah. I didn't start the game with attribute masking on, so it's not a problem!

1 hour ago, Svartowiz said:

I will give this a try, looks amazing. I don’t know if it will fit my MacBook Pro 16 inch resolution though, but there’s only one way to find out.

So, how does it work on your MacBook Pro 16 inch?

I edited the skin on my MacBook Pro 13 inch and tested it via AirPlay on another display in 1920*1080, so I hope it'll fit you as well :)

28 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

@Fritzle_1893 I have a question. With the main squad screen, do the attributes have to be replaced with a * or can it be something like a square? 

I haven't tried a different sign yet, but in theory the star should be replaceable without any problem. I picked a star to match with the PA- und CA-presentation :)

Edited by Fritzle_1893

9 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

I haven't tried a different sign before, but in theory the star should be replaceable without any problem. I picked a star to match with the PA und CA :)

How did you choose the stars? I want to use this, but stars probably wouldn't fit with what I'm doing

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Mate, your second screenshot, what panel is that? The squad view with attributes on. And do you have any idea how I would change the star to, for example, a square? 

The panel should be the team squad.xml if I remember correctly, but there are several panels responsible depending on the view you want to edit (registration, numbers, ...). And to change the stars you could replace them in the graphics folder for example. 

Edited by Fritzle_1893

1 minute ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

The panel should be the team squad.xml if I remember correctly. And to change the stars you could replace them in the graphics folder for example. 

Would the graphic have to be the same size? I know what I am trying to do, but I couldn't get the picture to work

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Would the graphic have to be the same size? I know what I am trying to do, but I couldn't get the picture to work

For the symbol to properly fit into the lines, it would be wise to choose a size similar to the graphic I took. To clarify: the stars in my fifth screenshot (assignment) have a different size in the graphics-folder for example. 

1 hour ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

For the symbol to properly fit into the lines, it would be wise to choose a size similar to the graphic I took. To clarify: the stars in my fifth screenshot (assignment) have a different size in the graphics-folder for example. 

Yeah, the graphic I tried to use didn't show. It didn't even change the numbers. I don't know what I did wrong. 

• sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM21][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated December 30th*
10 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

OK, I was able to get something similar to work, however, it would revert to normal on a custom view. Do I have to exit a different xml? 

Remarks:

• in individual views as well as in the player role-view the numeric attributes still appear. I guess individual views have to be added in the xml-files to work properly

I guess you have to add your custom view the same way the default views are displayed in the xml-file, but I did not try it yet, since I don't use custom views. In addition you may have to create new ids...

<record id="phat">
<translation id="name" translation_id="230003" type="use" value="Physical" />

<record id="view">
					<flags id="PtsL" />
						<!-- picked info -->
					<flags id="Pnfo" />
						<!-- player status/info -->
					<flags id="Pnms" />
						<!-- person name -->
					<record id="Pacc" alignment="centre" size="0" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/star" />
						<!-- (p) acceleration -->
 					(...)

</record>
						</record>

Edited by Fritzle_1893

25 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Remarks:

• in individual views as well as in the player role-view the numeric attributes still appear. I guess individual views have to be added in the xml-files to work properly

I guess you have to add your custom view the same way the default views are displayed in the xml-file, but I did not try it yet, since I don't use custom views. In addition you may have to create new ids...

<record id="phat">
<translation id="name" translation_id="230003" type="use" value="Physical" />

<record id="view">
					<flags id="PtsL" />
						<!-- picked info -->
					<flags id="Pnfo" />
						<!-- player status/info -->
					<flags id="Pnms" />
						<!-- person name -->
					<record id="Pacc" alignment="centre" size="0" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/star" />
						<!-- (p) acceleration -->
 					(...)

</record>
						</record>

So, basically, add my custom view into the xml and check it? I thought about trying that, but I didn't think it would be that simple. I will have a look and let you know.

If I understand your question right;

you do not want to show numeric values even on the custom views that you create on the squad view.

Did you try changing it under "skin folder"/properties/"person properties" file ? 

You can change the display mode for each attribute there.

I'm sharing mine just to give you an idea.

you need to change this value accordingly per how you want your attributes to be displayed.

Hope this helps.

person properties.xml

18 minutes ago, ktavman said:

you do not want to show numeric values even on the custom views that you create on the squad view.

Did you try changing it under "skin folder"/properties/"person properties" file ? 

you need to change this value accordingly per how you want your attributes to be displayed.

Hope this helps.

person properties.xml 1.12 MB · 2 downloads

Here is the thing, if I use the tab to cycle through the views for the attributes (mental, technical, attacking etc) and then switch to my custom view, it has the changes I made to the xml. But, if I leave the screen and then go back, it is as it was before.

6 hours ago, ktavman said:

Hope this helps.

person properties.xml 1.12 MB · 6 downloads

Person properties.xml seems to be the right file to address custom views as well as the different player roles views. I just need to figure out how to change the position of the attribute-replacement-object, because my stars way to far to the left at the moment.

Moreover it seems that changes to xml-files located in the properties-folder are not displayed until shutting FM down and opening it again.

23 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Person properties.xml seems to be the right file to address custom views as well as the different player roles views. I just need to figure out how to change the position of the attribute-replacement-object, because my stars way to far to the left at the moment.

Moreover it seems that changes to xml-files located in the properties-folder are not displayed until shutting FM down and opening it again.

@ktavman, @Fritzle_1893. Thanks for that, I will take a look and see what it does and whether it solves my problem. 

@ktavman@Fritzle_1893 This is what I am trying to do, but it doesn't work on a custom view unless I look this way first, but then it doesn't work if I leave the screen.

image.png.5cf986cbf26d2602744abd0a917faf09.png

You can see on the screenshot below that, as I have already viewed the mental attributes, they show in this format, but other stats don't.

image.png.598ad4e7cef9ce3437c30a1c740a59c6.png

Edited by EnigMattic1

On 31/12/2020 at 12:15, EnigMattic1 said:

@ktavman@Fritzle_1893 This is what I am trying to do, but it doesn't work on a custom view unless I look this way first, but then it doesn't work if I leave the screen.

image.png.5cf986cbf26d2602744abd0a917faf09.png

You can see on the screenshot below that, as I have already viewed the mental attributes, they show in this format, but other stats don't.

image.png.598ad4e7cef9ce3437c30a1c740a59c6.png

Using the person properties.xml you don't need the xml-files to edit the views anymore. Just remember, that the person property.xml seems to be loaded merely when you start FM. So after editing something in there, you need to restart Football Manager. Afterwards custom views as well as the specific player role views should work without any problem.

I'm adjusting my skin at the moment to be able to supply a working update soon.

Edited by Fritzle_1893

19 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Using the person properties.xml you don't need the xml-files to edit the views anymore. Just remember, that the person property.xml seems to be loaded merely when you start FM. So after editing something in there, you need to restart Football Manager. Afterwards custom views as well as the specific player role views should work without any problem.

1643859540_Screenshot2020-12-31at14_57_17.thumb.png.d5d2be8d9978418e070fa46ab403df16.png

I'm adjusting my skin at the moment to be able to supply a working update soon.

Where does the person property xml go? I can't even find one in my files

40 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Where does the person property xml go? I can't even find one in my files

Like ktavman said, the person properties.xml has to be located in skin folder/properties/. To extract this file from the football manager-data you need to use Resource Archiver. If you don't know how to use it, you may have a look at the [FM21] Skinning & Graphics Knowledge Base by michaeltmurrayuk here in the Skinning Hideout. 

22 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Like ktavman said, the person properties.xml has to be located in skin folder/properties/. To extract this file from the football manager-data you need to use Resource Archiver. If you don't know how to use it, you may have a look at the [FM21] Skinning & Graphics Knowledge Base by michaeltmurrayuk here in the Skinning Hideout. 

I've extracted all the base skin files, but I don't have a 'properties' folder. This is frustration me now. And I apologise for somewhat hijacking your thread.

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I've extracted all the base skin files, but I don't have a 'properties' folder. This is frustration me now. And I apologise for somewhat hijacking your thread.

1699609088_Screenshot2020-12-31at17_04_36.thumb.png.a98a9511ef36e382314c90ebd5221d8e.png

Maybe it would be beneficial for you as well to open a separate thread, so that people who aren't interested in "non-numeric attributes" at all are able to contribute.

5 hours ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

What exactly are you changing in the file? I've tried changing the apperance for each of the attributes to "boxes/custom/attributes/star" but I shut the game down, reopen and its still showing the numbers

1 hour ago, wakey said:

What exactly are you changing in the file? I've tried changing the apperance for each of the attributes to "boxes/custom/attributes/star" but I shut the game down, reopen and its still showing the numbers

I also changed the attributes' appearance in this file. With the person properties.xml some of the xml-files I edited before become redundant. Keeping them both in the skin-folder seems to create some irritation and bring the numbers back in some cases, I assume. Therefore I had to recreate my skin based on the person properties.xml and for now, it seems that custom views as well as the specific player role views aren't an issue anymore. So there will be another update available on this skin tomorrow.

Edited by Fritzle_1893

• sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM21][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated January 1st*

*updated January 1st*

Changelog:

• recreated my skin based on the person properties.xml for custom views as well as specific player role views to show non-numeric attributes as well. Special thanks to @ktavman for this great idea.

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

• Put "StarAttributes" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes

684222896_Screenshot2021-01-01at11_03_16.thumb.png.5464337d70fb3c68d2dc3a846ba48343.png

As I manage in lower leagues how can I tell the difference between an unscouted attribute and a low attribute?

Also just in general how can you know the difference between a low and unscouted attribute?

Edited by francis#17

1 hour ago, francis#17 said:

As I manage in lower leagues how can I tell the difference between an unscouted attribute and a low attribute?

Also just in general how can you know the difference between a low and unscouted attribute?

In my testing savegame I sent my scouts to get rid of any uncertainty concerning unscouted or low attribute values. Unfortunately having scouts employed might be an exception in lower league management. Therefore I would recommend you to manually adjust the attribute thresholds for low, average, good and excellent in the "custom skin colour"-section with the lowest/unscouted from 0-1, 2-5 (not that good), 6-10 (average) and 11-20 (excellent for lower league football) for example. Just decide what you consider "low, good and excellent".

1471980504_Screenshot2021-01-02at16_53_34.thumb.png.63c1f7b57bcd66d9b3ed4351bc448746.png

Edited by Fritzle_1893

2 hours ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

In my testing savegame I sent my scouts to get rid of any uncertainty concerning unscouted or low attribute values. Unfortunately having scouts employed might be an exception in lower league management. Therefore I would recommend you to manually adjust the attribute thresholds for low, average, good and excellent in the "custom skin colour"-section with the lowest/unscouted from 0-1, 2-5 (not that good), 6-10 (average) and 11-20 (excellent for lower league football) for example. Just decide what you consider "low, good and excellent".

1471980504_Screenshot2021-01-02at16_53_34.thumb.png.63c1f7b57bcd66d9b3ed4351bc448746.png

Thanks for getting back to me, yep I had done this. Unscouted attributes have a value of 0 (in the code) so if I change average to have a minimum of 1, good to have a minimum of 6 and excellent to have a minimum of 11 it works. Its not ideal as I would still like to know if players have an attribute of 16 or above but it will do for now. If only we could add an extra theshold range. Is it possible to detect the value of an attribute is 0 or has a '-' ? If its possible then it might be possible to workaround this as you can use 'if..else' statements in XML

Edited by francis#17

Can you add this to your setting to differentiate between unscouted and low attribute?

This should make the unscouted value show as black.

Hope this helps..

<colour name="unknown attribute background" red="0" green="0" blue="0"/>

4 hours ago, ktav1863 said:

Can you add this to your setting to differentiate between unscouted and low attribute?

This should make the unscouted value show as black.

Hope this helps..

<colour name="unknown attribute background" red="0" green="0" blue="0"/>

Ive went to the StarAttributes skin.xml file and made it look like this:

<!-- Profile attribute colours -->
    <colour name="low attribute"                             value="rgb(33,20,49)"/>
    <colour name="normal attribute"                         value="fg"/>
    <colour name="good attribute"                             value="fg range13" />
    <colour name="excellent attribute"                         value="fg range20" />
    <colour name="unknown attribute background"             red="0" green="0" blue="0"/>
    <colour name="low attribute background"                 value="bg darker"/>
    <colour name="normal attribute background"                 value="bg lighter"/>
    <colour name="good attribute background"                 value="bg blue darker" />
    <colour name="excellent attribute background"             value="bg range20" />
    <colour name="special attribute"                         value="fg blue" />
    <colour name="attribute label"                             value="fg" />
    <colour name="special attribute label"                     value="fg" />
    <colour name="profile extra text"                         value="fg" />

However after I clear cache and reload skin there isnt a difference. I'm guessing Im doing something wrong as it seems that no mattter what I change in the settings file nothing changes

Edited by francis#17

I checked the skin files. They are not using the background attribute colors.

it should have this statement added to all the records where the attribute star is displayed.

size="0" colour="black" multiline="false" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true"

Please check if Fritzle81893 is planning to add this it as an upcoming version.

Otherwise you will need to add this in many files.

For example;

here is what you would have on the player attributes panel.xml

Just try it out there and see how it goes.

Keep in mind that athe attribute coloring would follow what you would have on the settings file as colour after that

<!-- Attribute value -->
            <record index="2" id="val " sort_disabled="true" column_alignment="centre" right="8">
                <record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" alignment="centre" style="semi_bold" size="0" colour="black" multiline="false" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/star1"/>
            </record>

7 hours ago, ktav1863 said:

I checked the skin files. They are not using the background attribute colors.

it should have this statement added to all the records where the attribute star is displayed.

size="0" colour="black" multiline="false" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true"

Please check if Fritzle81893 is planning to add this it as an upcoming version.

Otherwise you will need to add this in many files.

For example;

here is what you would have on the player attributes panel.xml

Just try it out there and see how it goes.

Keep in mind that athe attribute coloring would follow what you would have on the settings file as colour after that

<!-- Attribute value -->
            <record index="2" id="val " sort_disabled="true" column_alignment="centre" right="8">
                <record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" alignment="centre" style="semi_bold" size="0" colour="black" multiline="false" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/star1"/>
            </record>

That's a great idea @ktav1863  Thank you :)

I tried this morning and after some configuration with the attributes' colour I managed to get a decent result, I guess. I kept the unscouted attribute values equal to the background colour and introduced a lighter purple for the low attributes.

394129418_Screenshot2021-01-03at12_21_46.thumb.png.ce126fef69855ceb9514e522f5e1da0c.png

2024434315_Screenshot2021-01-03at12_39_16.thumb.png.6e9006c4b4363e7dfc8b87a79de31e9c.png

1951884237_Screenshot2021-01-03at12_47_51.thumb.png.921d2467ffef323aff0c05d885e5795b.png

Edited by Fritzle_1893

2 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

That's a great idea @ktav1863  Thank you :)

I tried this morning and after some configuration with the attributes' colour I managed to get a decent result, I guess. I kept the unscouted attribute values equal to the background colour and introduced a lighter purple for the low attributes.

394129418_Screenshot2021-01-03at12_21_46.thumb.png.ce126fef69855ceb9514e522f5e1da0c.png

2024434315_Screenshot2021-01-03at12_39_16.thumb.png.6e9006c4b4363e7dfc8b87a79de31e9c.png

59247627_Screenshot2021-01-03at12_43_13.thumb.png.d76e146f5029210bac808846fd246908.png

1951884237_Screenshot2021-01-03at12_47_51.thumb.png.921d2467ffef323aff0c05d885e5795b.png

I  got this working too but I haven't applied it to all the panels yet. Will you be making an update with it applied to all the panels and other places that star attributes appear?

@ktav1863 Thanks very much

40 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

I  got this working too but I haven't applied it to all the panels yet. Will you be making an update with it applied to all the panels and other places that star attributes appear?

@ktav1863 Thanks very much

Yes, there will be another release with the updated attribute-colours, once I figured out all the relevant panels as well as the left and right foot instead of just preferred foot in the player overview. Since unscouted attributes should only be an issue with opponents' player profiles, scouting reports, comparison-panels and team overviews, there should not be that much work left, I guess. 

Edited by Fritzle_1893

• sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM21][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated January 3rd*

*updated January 3rd*

Changelog:

• fixed an issue concerning the colours of unscouted and low attributes
  • added left and right foot ability to player overview

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

• Put "StarAttributes" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes

This is legendary! The problem I have is I really need the other skin I currently use because it has the icons for the coach summary, and XG on the same view as the attributes. If this could include this I would argue it is a necessity for a realism save.

Again, Great Job!