FM21 - Valencia C.F.; Why Manage Los Ches?

FMunderachiever

Finished first season with Valencia, and although it started off awfully, it eventually picked up and i ended the season in 6th place, getting a Europa league spot. Got taken over halfway through the seasons by the ex-rochdale manager, so I didn't really get that much of a financial boost..

I also got an offer of £90m for Soler from United, and couldn't turn it down, as I had only been given £5m for the new season. 

Turns out it was the best decision, as I've managed to make loads of signings, including Donnarrumma (!!!), Diego Costa and Javi Martinez on frees, for squad depth. 

Szlobozlai from Salzburg for a reasonable £15m (as Solers replacement), Davinson Sanchez for just under £10m, Scott Mctominay on loan with a £15m buy option, and Rolando Mandragora on loan. 

Now I've got £40m transfer budget + £200k wage budget free, and a club balance of £140m! 

Such a fun save so far. Not least because of the sheer amount of wonderkids in the reserve teams. I've brought a few into the first team for the odd appearance, including Salas, Monatañan, Mosquera, and Blanco.

2 hours ago, Gungner said:

I really wanna do a Valencia save, I just don't know if I have the patience to turn around the finance... Could take several years.

That took one year with me. Sold Guedes, Maxi Gomes and Soler (look in the thread)

On 18/01/2021 at 07:33, Gungner said:

I really wanna do a Valencia save, I just don't know if I have the patience to turn around the finance... Could take several years.

Sold Soler after first season and a bit of deadwood, ended up with £100m+, after spending a fair bit, balance is still £65m, and club status is "Rich". It's pretty easy to turn it around!

Just finished my first season. Valencia is very, very cool team to manage. 

Great first team - Soler, Gaya, Maxi Gomez

Great young players - Lee Kang-In, Musah.

For my tactics I needed a good ball winning midfielder (very, very limited budget). So, I bought Zobnin from Spartak Moscow (£4.8) and Ugarte.

Results of my first season: Spanish first division champion and lost to Real Madrid in Spanish cup =(

Real Madrid is the only team I lost all my matches - 2 in champ and 1 in cup final

VAL.thumb.png.17c0bc9007a48f0485fed1202dd89a9b.pngVAL2.thumb.png.49b3cfd76f56034524529dd58fbbf4f2.pngVal3.png.d2ade77d2420ebbb5982e9769c31d08e.png

15 hours ago, olegmelnikov said:

Just finished my first season. Valencia is very, very cool team to manage. 

Great first team - Soler, Gaya, Maxi Gomez

Great young players - Lee Kang-In, Musah.

For my tactics I needed a good ball winning midfielder (very, very limited budget). So, I bought Zobnin from Spartak Moscow (£4.8) and Ugarte.

Results of my first season: Spanish first division champion and lost to Real Madrid in Spanish cup =(

Real Madrid is the only team I lost all my matches - 2 in champ and 1 in cup final

That's nuts for a first season, good job. Glad you are liking it.

What's your tactic like?

2 hours ago, diLLa88 said:

That's nuts for a first season, good job. Glad you are liking it.

What's your tactic like?

I can highlight some key factors of successful season:

1) Very low level of injuries during the season (as you can see on screen #2 all my top players played 99% matches)

2) No champions cup matches

In terms of tactics, the base was:

1871867501_valtact.png.796e175cde2b3cbe4f0d2b545b0a6591.png

Of course I made some tweaks in big matches (Real Madrid, Barcelona, At.Madrid) - for example LOE to standard and Defensive to Higher for more compact play and etc.

Some tweaks in matches with mid low teams  - for example Run at defense or be more expressive and etc.

jesus christ the youngsters at Valencia...Just started a save with them now. Mosquera, Aleman, Fabio Blanco, Cespedes, Andres Garcia, Montana, Facundo Gonzalez, Koba Lein, Jesus Vasquez. Pfffft.

• 1 month later...

Valencia Season 1 done

Terrible finances but amazing wonder kids. 2nd place. At one point I was on for the title. In the end I'm delighted with 2nd. 2 games to go the top 6 was very close. Table below doesn't do it justice. I beat caretaker Patrick Kluivert's Barca to secure top 4. And then just had to win away to Granada last day to claim 2nd. Fortunately Atletico drew so comfortable last day.

As you can see I was efficient and boring. Low scoring and solid defence. Domenech broke the club record for clean sheets. I think this is down to my tactic.

161369717_2021-03-21(7).thumb.png.19651f68bea2f17456aea2a64037c872.png

This is my tactic. And sort of my first team. The aim was to have the wing backs be super dangerous. IW's linking centrally with my DLF and scoring all my goals. Didn't quite work out like that. The IW's were generally poor compared to everyone else. Something to work on in the summer

729572009_2021-03-21(6).thumb.png.8a82793ab8c4fac9e2372a3b4209edab.png

Now in terms of the squad. Didn't buy anybody except loanee back up keeper as I planned on getting rid of Cillessen and his huge wages. Couldn't find a buyer until end of season.

I'm desperate to keep Maxi Gomez, Soler and Gaya. But not sure how realistic that is financially. I'd happily get rid of Guedes. Think I will try and get a good price for him the summer as he really under performed considering his wages. As you can see most of my wingers underperformed except Vallejo who was great. Lee Kang In was ok but he is young and developing. Maxi Gomez was great until a 7/8 week injury in Feb, came back slowly after that. And the team really lacked his presence up front. The alternatives weren't very good. Cutrone especiallly. 

And as this thread confirms, finances are a bit of mess. Paying back those loans. I tried to clear out of some of the deadwood and big earners. Cherysev went to Fiorentina in the summer for 7.5mill. Gameiro to Russia in Jan. And I've agreed to sell squad players Toni Lato, Jason and Cillessen this summer and the loans can go back to there clubs. These will be replaced by some of the kids in the B and U19 squads. Which brings me onto the highlight of this club, the wonder kids.

Hugo Gonzales got promoted in Jan and scored off the bench on his debut. Jesus Vazquez is an exceptional wing back and went to the Olympics with Spain. Guillamon was promoted at the start of the season and eventually became a mainstay ousting Mangala (who is leaving on a free) in the back 3. The only slight disappointment was Bashiru Mohammed who got a chance call up after Maxi Gomez's injury. He really struggled. Maybe not ready. And existing young talents already in the first team (Musah, Correira, Lee Kang In, Racic etc) all did well and looking to see them progress next year.

120392051_2021-03-21(5).thumb.png.3e17b80e3d5c0289178a57b22a3cde0b.png

Now this summer. Eric Garcia and Ryan Gauld are coming in on free's to replace Mangala and Oliva in the squad. Apart from that I am happy with the squad. I think I will sell Guedes and sign a decent IW for the left wing. And I need a back up striker for Maxi Gomez. But apart from that with the talent in the youth sides and lack of financial muscle I don't really want to do much else. BUT a lot of key players are wanted and if I get big offers my hopeful low key summer could be thrown out the window.

So after hoping for a quiet summer it was a bit active. 

Man Utd matched Solers min fee release. Which I was sad about, but he turned them down. I sold Guedes to Juve for £18mill. Not a lot but all I could get. Replaced him with Rafael Leao from Milan which I think is an upgrade and he was cheap for some reason.

Then week before opening game, Chelsea came in for Maxi Gomez and he handed in a transfer request. Offered him out for £60mill which was too rich for Chelsea but AC Milan bid it so off he went. Replaced by Santos Borre. Then Racic handed in a transfer request because I deemed him a squad player and he wanted to be first team. So out he went. Replaced by Marcos Antonio from Shaktar. 

Full summer business

2021-03-24.thumb.png.19f94c904453e7c954a88c0fc1d92289.png

732669268_2021-03-24(1).thumb.png.81ee679af4d995238ca828d6b6c648eb.png

And this is my first choice 11 and revised tactic for new season

172521590_2021-03-24(3).thumb.png.d5d456c6c7b31599eaf1758553c3b02f.png

And start to season gone well. Though an easy opening. CL group is tough though...

979034091_2021-03-24(4).thumb.png.90c2c826eece1cba9132f9b8b45b6d69.png

• 2 months later...

I have just finished my 3rd season with Valencia...once you get past the financial issues it's a fun save, but it's still a challenge with the difficulties in place as some have mentioned in this thread. 

Middle of second season I was bought out and the new owner wiped the debt, signed Daka and a CM from Salzburg (name escapes me) 

Won the league first and third season, finished 7th in second season. 

Managed to sign Demir on a free contract and a few other free signings that boosted the future transfer funds. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just finished my first season wit Los Ches and massively over overachieved by winning the league title. 

I'm expecting the vultures to tear my squad apart now but hopefully it will allow me to reduce, if not clear all the debt that still stands at 195 million euros even after selling Soler last year to PSG for 42 million.  

Valencia champions.png

If anyone wants a goal machine then look at bringing in the Morocco striker En-Nesyri who scored over 30 goals for me in my first season and Sevilla and helped me win the Spanish league.

Talking of Sevilla their finances are really bad so definitely worth managing if you like a challenge.

• 1 month later...

Just finished first season with Valencia ended 3rd place. Had a couple bad transfer out deals. But I sign Kevin Mbabu and Joe Aribo. First half of the season, I struggle and draw many games, get scored last minutes in many matches because I have to play yunus musah as a ball winning midfielder(I loaned out Racic, due to my stupidity I accepted almost every transfer offers) Before mid-season transfer window, we were at 7th place then during that transfer window, I signed Scott Mctominay on the deadline day (after full month of negotiating), he helped me a lot, we don't concede 70th-90th minute equalizer no more. And with good runs, we managed to finished at the 3rd place. With Jose Gaya and guendes named league poty

For the formation I use 5212 with Mangala Gabriel Diakhaby at CB Kevin Mbabu at RWB Jose Gaya at LWB Joe Aribo/Yunus Musah at LCM (advance playmaker) Scott Mctominay/Oliva/Yunus Musah at RCM (ball winning) Lee Kang In/Guendes at CAM Maxi Gomez/Cutrone at STL (Target Man) Guendes/Vallejo at STR (Advance Forward)

The second season haven't start yet but the transfer window has opened already and I've sold Gabriel to Man united because I want some money and I got Giroud for a free transfer as an experience striker to replace high-wage Gameiro whose contract just ran out. And then I signed David Silva to command our midfield (because I want to have at least 1 30+ years old player in each position and last year I also sign Martin Skrtel for free too) and Lorenzo Colombo as Guendes wants to leave. I'm looking forward to started the season already but rn, my PC is repairing so now I can't play and don't have screenshot.

p.s. sorry for my bad English

IMG_20210902_101506.png

IMG_20210902_101449.png

IMG_20210902_101437.png

IMG_20210902_101838.jpg

IMG_20210902_101834.jpg

Edited by neangelo

• 1 month later...

Won the league first season comfortably, no transfers except Cheryshev and Domenech out in January because they weren't playing. Our under 19s also won their division undefeated winning every single game! Shows how good the youth is. Tying Gaya and Soler down on long term contracts to build around as our homegrown core is first priority. Probably going to sell Guedes and Gomez if good offers come in for them in the summer and use those funds to rebuild. Paulista or Mangala are liable to go if they recieve a good offer as I will replace them with Guillamon from mestalla. Oliva was unreal in the BBM midfield role for me and scored bangers from outside the box every second game, earning him a Uruguay call up in the summer. Definitely buying him on a permanent deal as a squad player. Gameiro leaving on a free so lots of wages freed up, he did play well for me as a back up for Gomez when needed, scoring a few off the bench. Cutrone was garbage. League table, under 19s table and squad sorted by average rating posted below.

20211016220957_1.thumb.jpg.1fbff1fec67668b58cebe0d8126bbd44.jpg

20211016204744_1.jpg

20211016221055_1.jpg