Resale/Refund

I think it depends on where you bought it. If you bought in on Steam, I think you can refund if you haven't played much, but you need to contact the supplier at any rate.

If bought on Steam they will first automatically refuse your request because you're over the 2 hour-limit, but you can request it again. Just tell them nicely and in a normal matter whats wrong, etc and they will likely refund the game. Don't know how it works with other store, like Epic Games. Website that sell keys are likely just to deny your request, etc. Specially the grey-market ones. 

4 minutes ago, Reidy_007 said:

I don’t get how people have the patience with it!?

It's all down to personal preference.

FM takes some getting used to, especially if you're brand new to the series.  And a good computer helps, as the processing between matches can take a long time if you have a computer with a weaker processor.

But yeah, FM isn't going to be for everyone and does take some patience.

7 minutes ago, Reidy_007 said:

The game is not for everyone. Some love it, some doesn't, it's just how it is. If you are used to more "instant" games, then it can be hard to get into, but for those of us who like it, there is no other game that comes close.

If you ever want to try it (or a future version) again, there is a full demo anyone can try out for 6 months in-game time available and it usually is for all new games shortly after release.

33 minutes ago, Reidy_007 said:

It does get easier to navigate things plus you get alot quicker at sorting stuff the more experienced you become.maybe fm touch might be a option for yourself as not so bloated.you can put so many hours into this game its been such a great game for me with lockdown plus 2 young kids so it can be stressful so I find it a great way to immerse myself into my own little world.

Yeah, I need to update my laptop. It would work a lot quicker on my desktop, but the idea was to play it while watching the football on my sofa. I’m giving FMT a try now. I can’t help but feel although something in between the two would be nice!

10 minutes ago, Reidy_007 said:

Yeah, I need to update my laptop. It would work a lot quicker on my desktop, but the idea was to play it while watching the football on my sofa. I’m giving FMT a try now. I can’t help but feel although something in between the two would be nice!

It will get easier to play. It all depends how you like playing.you can delegate to your staff if you don't want to micro manage everything.good luck 

Sometimes but not every time, I'll do what I need to do in the transfer market and with staff etc, schedule friendlies, change them to my AM and then holiday until the first game of the season. I wouldn't recommend that if its the first few games with tactic though, so you can tweak it before season start.

6 hours ago, danielclouston1 said:

Sometimes but not every time, I'll do what I need to do in the transfer market and with staff etc, schedule friendlies, change them to my AM and then holiday until the first game of the season. I wouldn't recommend that if its the first few games with tactic though, so you can tweak it before season start.

I was tempted to do that. I’m going to carry on with my FMT game with Solihull Moors and then maybe go on holiday until the season starts on my Sunderland game and give that a go on my desktop to see if the playing time is more bearable. I feel I’ve got to give it a go now that I’ve got such a strong back room team - Kim Kallstrom as Director of Football, Gary Megson, Patrice Evra, Teddy Sherrigham and Pascal Zuberbuhler as coaches and Mbo Mpenza as a scout - I’m hoping some of them might come out of retirement!

16 hours ago, Reidy_007 said:

I assumed I would find FM too time consuming and difficult to get a long with so I decided to just play FMT instead, but tbh I found myself getting bored with FMT and I didnt get to do everything I wanted to do (I feel team talks and media conversations are an important aspect of a managers job) so I missed that I couldn't do stuff like that. After getting bored I decided to go with the full version and I'm loving it now. I do delegate some stuff though , I let my chairman appoint staff and I only do individual training and leave general training to my assistant. My favourite part is media and team talks and picking my tactics and scouting. So glad I took the jump from FMT to full fat. 

Edited by B3nnet7

3 hours ago, B3nnet7 said:

I assumed I would find FM too time consuming and difficult to get a long with so I decided to just play FMT instead, but tbh I found myself getting bored with FMT and I didnt get to do everything I wanted to do (I feel team talks and media conversations are an important aspect of a managers job) so I missed that I couldn't do stuff like that. After getting bored I decided to go with the full version and I'm loving it now. I do delegate some stuff though , I let my chairman appoint staff and I only do individual training and leave general training to my assistant. My favourite part is media and team talks and picking my tactics and scouting. So glad I took the jump from FMT to full fat. 

Thanks, I might do the same after I upgrade my laptop. I like the media and team talk stuff, I just found myself mid-preseason after spending 3 hours of playing the game - it seemed really excessive. I just have such fond memories of the game ever since walking into a games shop with my Dad, parting with my pocket money for CM2 and having the shop owner recommend me signing Danny Murphy from Crewe. My old forums login name used to be Alex Aguinaga and I was close to making him my DoF, but he couldn’t speak English! Maybe it’s just age and the fact that I don’t get as excited by things as I used to?

20 hours ago, Reidy_007 said:

Thanks, I might do the same after I upgrade my laptop. I like the media and team talk stuff, I just found myself mid-preseason after spending 3 hours of playing the game - it seemed really excessive. I just have such fond memories of the game ever since walking into a games shop with my Dad, parting with my pocket money for CM2 and having the shop owner recommend me signing Danny Murphy from Crewe. My old forums login name used to be Alex Aguinaga and I was close to making him my DoF, but he couldn’t speak English! Maybe it’s just age and the fact that I don’t get as excited by things as I used to?

Definitely sounds like you're very similar to me tbh, a couple of years ago I tried playing FM and found it very excessive and gave up, then this year decided I will go with FMT and I think that helped me get into FM again tbh. I'm so glad I tried again with full fat FM cause I'm really enjoying it this time. 

All I will say is it is very excessive when you first get going but after you get in to a style of playing and get confirmatable with what you wanna do yourself and what you wanna delegate you'll find you'll be getting through the days quicker. Just takes time to set up. 

Yeah possibly, I used to play a lot of CM and other management games when I was younger too, I'm in my thirties now and this is the first time I've played FM since 2009. 

On 26/12/2020 at 22:28, Reidy_007 said:

I’m giving FMT a try now. I can’t help but feel although something in between the two would be nice!

I'm not sure how much more 'in between' it can get. This year's classic mode is closer to the main game than ever before. So much so in fact, I've not even started a save on it this year, something previously unheard of. 

On 28/12/2020 at 14:10, B3nnet7 said:

Definitely sounds like you're very similar to me tbh, a couple of years ago I tried playing FM and found it very excessive and gave up, then this year decided I will go with FMT and I think that helped me get into FM again tbh. I'm so glad I tried again with full fat FM cause I'm really enjoying it this time. 

All I will say is it is very excessive when you first get going but after you get in to a style of playing and get confirmatable with what you wanna do yourself and what you wanna delegate you'll find you'll be getting through the days quicker. Just takes time to set up. 

Yeah possibly, I used to play a lot of CM and other management games when I was younger too, I'm in my thirties now and this is the first time I've played FM since 2009. 

I’ve now moved on to a game on the full fat version and am kind of enjoying it - I would do so more if I was a bit higher. I was inspired by Sunderland Til I Die...got Curtis Jones, Anthony Gordon and Ben Johnson in on loan - I’m still only 9th! 🤷🏼‍♂️