Nationality of players missing on player screen

• 2 weeks later...
3 minuti fa, Francis Mooney ha scritto:

Hi @DMaster2, have you got a screenshot of what you mean?

Currently not, the issue disappeard a week ago. But for a couple of days the nationality was missing. Wasn't even able to edit it with the in-game editor, it was just not there.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this exact same issue.

It is not due to a custom skin or any third party element, as I removed all third party stuff, cleared cache and deleted cache and preferences folders, and the issue still appears. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. When the nationality is missing, the only way to get it back is to close completely the game, and relaunch it. Sometimes I need to do this more than once in a row. If when the game launches the nationality is here, it won't disappear during the time I play, only if I close the game and relaunch it, there is a chance it will happen.

To note that this issue concerns the "Attributes" screen only. The nationality and its flag are displaying without issue in other screens.

Thanks for your support on this issue

Edited by Tarp
Added precision
Just now, Tony Garvey said:

Deleting your cache and preferences folders usually sorts this, forces the game to check all its graphics.

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-remove-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder

It does not solve the issue, as I mentionned in my message that I tried doing this. It could solve the issue maybe, but it will always come back, no matter if there is a cache and preference folder or not, I'm pretty sure it lies in the code itself.

2 hours ago, John Wood said:

Can you supply a save game @Tarp along with your resolution as I'm not sure this is UI but may be technical.

Hi,

I just uploaded my save game, it is named "Leandro Sampaio Santos - São Bento"

My resolution is Windowed 1920x1080, but the same occured when I was in Fullscreen, same resolution.

I think I found a workaround to avoid this issue. I noticed that everytime I launch the game, a cache file for the skin gets created in the cache folder, even when in my preferences the Use cache setting is not ticked.

If I delete this skin cache file before launching the game the next time I want to play, the issue seems to disappear. To note as well that ONLY the nationality name and flag has this issue, and ONLY on the "Attributes" screen.

Edit: No, deleting the cache does not prevent the issue from happening. The fact that it is very specific to the nationality name and the flag and only on the attributes screen makes me really think that there is something in the code to display those items provoking the issue.

Thank you.

Edited by Tarp

I also have same issue after updated New patched patch 21.2.2. Meaning that Nationality Flag of all players are gone on the "Attributes" screen . I feel very annoying because it never happed in the old patch.

Already submit this error with another topic and hope you guys can help us to fix this soon.

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I think I know what this issue is all about. The flags/nationalities on the player screen get removed for me after every update.

Do you all use the Real Name Fix add on?  If you do, then you have to do the process all over again for the new database version. You also need to go back in to the previous version(s) for your saved games and do it again there as well (because the files that you delete get put back).

It works for me every time. Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/03/2021 at 20:55, ChrisBloke said:

Hi all

I think I know what this issue is all about. The flags/nationalities on the player screen get removed for me after every update.

Do you all use the Real Name Fix add on?  If you do, then you have to do the process all over again for the new database version. You also need to go back in to the previous version(s) for your saved games and do it again there as well (because the files that you delete get put back).

It works for me every time. Hope that helps.

this didnt happen with me when the latest patch got released none of my fake files got added back and the real name fix was still in there..so something doe not add up