Impossible to play against a back 3

Does anyone have any tips on how to break down a back 3? My teams find it completely impossible, any team that plays with 3 at the back is impregnable for me. This has been the case for year after year on this game now and I have no idea why, I pray that teams turn up with a back 4 or I already know I need a set piece goal or something to ever score. Literally there are no highlights in the game except the inevitable break away goal. I have tried everything over the years and nothing has ever worked. I am playing in Italy and now Sampdoria always play a 3-3-3-1 and it's just painful to watch, they are terrible and yet I know we won't score. Meanwhile Simone Inzaghi is at Juventus and while they are totally average overall they are unbeatable to me. Does anyone else experience this or is just me?

Think about where the space is in these formations, does your team exploit it? 

for example, if your attacks are are narrow with players coming inside, you will be playing into these teams hands, as they have three defenders ready and waiting to punch the ball. 

Why don't you post your tactics and let us know what changes you make against these kinds of formations. The short answer is I very rarely struggle to break them down and if I do I can normally tell very early on it's not working and make changes that will help break them down.

Space is on the flanks, get your wide players cutting inside on support duties and the full-backs overlapping. That gives two-on-ones. Then make sure you have enough people in the box, and the right type of players, to convert the chances.

A 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 should beat it most times. Cross cross cross, doesn't need to be more complicated than that. Also don't leave your CBs two on two – one CM on a defence duty.

You'd make it even easier for yourself if you had a tall, creative wide player – the new match engine rewards tall players coming in at the back post. Someone like Bellingham or Zaniolo.