[FM11] Adding/remove championships in FM11

Dear all,

nice to meet you. I'm Rocky a (not so) young Italian boy fallen in love with Football Manager series. In particular, with Football Manager 2011 was love at first sight.

I still play it today (although I have also purchased more recent chapters of this immense game) and I have decades of careers that still carry on whit passion.

Recently, I decided to try another epic challenge: thanks to the Editor of FM11, I have generated up to the seventh level of Italian football (Promozione Italian league).

But I noticed a little big problem: with so many teams and leagues the game has slowed down a lot and I doubt it will allow for long-lasting careers. For example after one single season the saving file has become 100 MB and the data processing between each match takes several minutes (even 10 min. each).

So I'm  writing to ask you a question and ask for help:

Is there the possibility (perhaps through the Editor or by modifying small pieces of code) to implement the functionality of adding/remove championships during a match as well as for subsequent FMs (eg. FM12) in FM11?

Has anyone ever tried? 

I think the two versions (FM11 and FM12) are not so different and it would be very useful if such a function could be implemented.

Thanks for the attention!

PS: I searched the forum for a similar thread with no success!

Best regards,

Rocco

Surely It was introduced starting from FM12, I also wrote It. But since FM11 and FM12 are very similiar, I believe (and I Hope) that modifying some settings files can also be introduced on FM11.

Can anyone else help me out with consistent answers?

Thanks

10 hours ago, riod said:

Is this your opinion or are you sure?

I didn't mean "editing settings" such as changing font or skins.

The feature was added after FM11. To enable this in FM11 will need a software update for FM11 from SI. Since we are at FM21 that update is unlikely.

Editing settings are settings like in the game itself, or for the editor like they can be done in the XML files to allow for more options to edit in the editor.

Ok I understand. Thank you for the answers.

Can I take the opportunity to ask you another question, please?

The Italian Promotion Championship file I created is quite large, 35 MB. Is there a way to reduce the dimension while keeping all the changes applied to the DB?

I'm worried about the amount of data the game has to process and that it can overflow and crash.

1 hour ago, riod said:

Ok I understand. Thank you for the answers.

Can I take the opportunity to ask you another question, please?

The Italian Promotion Championship file I created is quite large, 35 MB. Is there a way to reduce the dimension while keeping all the changes applied to the DB?

I'm worried about the amount of data the game has to process and that it can overflow and crash.

Its probably XML file - you can turn on "compress editor data files" in order to save your file as DBC file.