[FM21] A right Royal mess. Scandinavian Journeyman save starting in Faroe Islands. Very biased towards Youth Development. Possibly 100% #YouthOnly

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

if it is a son in an intake, we need to check what you were doing job wise on his DoB...Maternity and all that :brock:

Season 20. AC Oulu. Finland. Veikkausliiga. Oct 2039.

Intake preview.

2a258bbc8603febbd18bffa80c066c05.png

Youth Intake. This is a very strange intake. 1st of all we have a son in the game :eek:for the 1st time in quite a while, but the bigger thing is that I'm not completely sure how many of them I'm going to be able to sign. I've never encountered a situation like this. We've got £169k in the bank and if I'm honest, results have probably been about on a par with what I had hoped before I joined, (so pretty decent), but the wage spend to wage budget is horrific. We are budgeted to spend £4,085pw, but we are spending £9,142pw, (which includes some of the youth intake I have just offered contracts to). 1 of the problems is that all bar a couple of this intake demanded FT contracts rather than Youth contracts and that puts a hell of a strain on the wage budget when the Veikkausliiga rules state that there is a minimum weekly wage of £250pw for FT players. £250pw doesn't sound like a lot of money, but £250 x 16 players x 52 weeks x 2 years = £416,000. :eek: Is that correct? Let me do that maths again. That seems even higher than the big number I was expecting (off the top of my head). No. That is right. It costs close to half a million pound to sign all 16 player up. I'm in the top league in Finland right? [Goes to check] Yeah I am. I would suggest that it's likely that none of this intake, (other than my beautiful and talented son of course, ;) are likely to have the potential to play in a team that wins this league. With that in mind, signing all of them, (as I want to do), simply can't be a good financial decision. This is really tricky. This is honestly something I've never come across before. I will have to do some thinking. If we were at one of the bigger Finnish clubs and playing in Europe every season then I would simply wear the cost and fund it via European prize money. It wouldn't be clever financially but it would suit how I like to play the game. This isn't a big club though and we're not playing in Europe now and won't be playing in Europe next season either. 

2c8614affe7ee92b4215203d8937cc09.png

5462b52ba68d190ce663c7da9b803c48.png

(39a) Daniel Virta is top of the PA list. 

11c08a67642fd47c750f7a50e34f4393.png

(30b) Miika Saveljeff seems to be the best player by CA. 

92065f987b650cbe495a29b1b800477e.png

(30g) Nath O'Kav (ENG) is the player you all really want to see though. I really wish that he had come through at Stjarnan before I left, or that I had got the job at Bode/Glimt where the facilities were great. Oh well, I'm not going to get a son in the game and then complain about it. I know you would all give your left nad for one in your saves. Looking at him now, he looks weak technically, but reasonable mentals and actually probably decent physicals for a 15 year old in Finland. I don't think he's awful at all. He's obviously not even the best left back in this intake, :lol: but come on, you have to take the rough with the smooth right? 

bf2d3cf0245633ffc1f88f20a4c0cb40.png

4cf80c87f2af8c4d352f0be4d30baf42.png

Veikkausliiga. Our form was ok but nothing more after I took over. When you consider where we were in the league I suppose that puts it in some perspective and I can't really complain when we are winning more than we are losing at this stage. I actually didn't realise that the league split in 2. I thought that was it. I must remember to look at the rules when I change leagues. 

31e7aa7dcec6c6320dc18d9ab84d1986.png

3dcd193261e4145568e2451aaa77affd.png

Finnish Cup. I didn't manage in this so not going to bother showing you. 

Royal League. Didn't qualify.

Europe. Didn't qualify.

Squad by Appearances

Finances

8143bdec00b124c93fe026612c0cce8d.png

ff92748731d5e475494fddeae9a0b8a3.png

0df92ae21f616710e799deb57c60493e.png

Here was me panicking about the wage budget being just £4,085pw and the board have just increased it to £13,250pw :eek: Well that sorts a few things out. I'm guessing that they assumed we would go down and had set the budgets accordingly. When we improved and moved away from relegation, the budget remained the same. 

Facilities. I had to battle for them, but I managed to get both the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment budget increased. This was done after the Intake. 

d85993873ab7108058d99bd6942a9fd7.png

650a26f89bb0dd0b21c7ee4fbe4baa2e.png

fa807e65ef3051e686612175eff8767f.png

4b7b1709cc93973c1faab597fc6ff5b4.png

c4014742370c3acf632a0cd36e66ab44.png

Records

d4107e2e8f35858493943dc6dccfdac9.png

Transfers. I didn't make any transfers and with the financial situation the way it is I'm not sure we will be splashing any cash in the near future. I will be looking to sign free agents though, (possibly looking to see what I can pick up from my old clubs), and anyone we find who is any good at all will surely be moved on for cash. 

Summary. What I REALLY didn't like about this season is that I inherited a squad that contained no less than 6 loanees who all played regularly and towards the end of the season I started getting suggestions that we were going to extend the loan deals. There is absolutely no way that I'm doing that, even if it impacts on our performances. Not extending those 6 loans alone will save us £1,550pw. This £250pw min wage malarkey is honestly killing us. I'm sure that it is correct, (because SI are good at that sort of detail), but it surely can't be correct that I have........ oh actually......... when youth players ask for FT contracts, they go onto Youth contracts and the FT contracts only kick in later. That makes more sense now. We will see what the wages are like after I have had a big ole culling at the end of the season. The biggest problem I had is that my starting strikers were 17 and 18 years old. That's fine for the P role, but I mentioned in another post recently that for a role like DLF you need a little more nous, (intelligence), and young players generally don't have the mental attributes to be able to play this role effectively. I haven't signed anyone yet, (2 games of the season left), but I don't think I'm going to go fully Youth Only here. I don't think we have the facilities for it and I think it would hinder the save too much. 

Tapio is the 1st player I want to show you. He's really been the star despite being so young. 

6dc8a22f0a25800d58dd7954798cc42c.png

9afeb8de62b1a707a10b451f37d135b0.png

(30g) Nath O'Kav (ENG). End of Season 1. Nov 2039

The game has got the way that a son in the game works wrong, but let's dissect it all the same. 

First of all, my profile in the game is female. I did this on purpose in a blatant attempt to copy what @smp20did in his #DanskeDanske save and where he was gifted a child. 

For the record, I also made my profile as young as possible. I'm 39 years old now, meaning that when 15 year old Nath was born I was 25. I know there is an age under which you can't have kids, (I believe it's 24 but I'm not positive about that). The year is 2039 now and 15 years ago it was 2024. In 2024 I was managing in the Faroe Islands. His Nationality is shown as English, and with Finnish as a 2nd Nationality, but he should show as Faroese, with English and Icelandic as 2nd Nationalities. I've only been in Finland since July 2039, so Nath has only been in Finland for 4 months so how does he have Finnish Nationality already? Anyway, I appreciate that lots of people stay at the same clubs and it's possible that the testing team have never considered this, but obviously I have. 

I've never had 2 sons in the same game, (although have had quite a few over time), but I wonder if it's possible/likely in this save. That was the reason for my age being set at the absolute minimum at the outset. I guess time will tell. 

On intake day

7592892c4a71db495c62046d6b1fa348.png

End of Season 1

9f856ce5ee3f2f9e67a79435ba104a9c.png

1c587c76f3f3fc07fe64925701ce59f7.png

5c1b7c1608f2eca2ec639fa3006f3c8d.png

The only time I've ever had a son in all my years playing FM was when I was managing in Finland.  He was crap, but I still decided to take him to Lazio with me when I left Finland, even though he wasn't good enough for the Finnish league.

Will you be signing your son for every team you go to, if possible?

7 hours ago, Sir_Liam said:

The only time I've ever had a son in all my years playing FM was when I was managing in Finland.  He was crap, but I still decided to take him to Lazio with me when I left Finland, even though he wasn't good enough for the Finnish league.

Will you be signing your son for every team you go to, if possible?

I've had a few sons over the years, but none of them have been very good. I think this is largely based on the Nations I have been playing in, (ie always either San Marino or Iceland I think). 

I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do. I want him to have the best career possible and that's possibly not conducive with me taking him to a better standard of league, and although he started the last 2 games at the end of last season after his arrival, I'm not sure for example if he will be good enough to play in a title challenging team. On the other hand he's my son and this seems to happen so infrequently now. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do, but for the moment he's the 1st name on the team sheet and is on penalty duties. 

9 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

(30g) Nath O'Kav (ENG). End of Season 1. Nov 2039

The game has got the way that a son in the game works wrong, but let's dissect it all the same. 

First of all, my profile in the game is female. I did this on purpose in a blatant attempt to copy what @smp20did in his #DanskeDanske save and where he was gifted a child. 

For the record, I also made my profile as young as possible. I'm 39 years old now, meaning that when 15 year old Nath was born I was 25. I know there is an age under which you can't have kids, (I believe it's 24 but I'm not positive about that). The year is 2039 now and 15 years ago it was 2024. In 2024 I was managing in the Faroe Islands. His Nationality is shown as English, and with Finnish as a 2nd Nationality, but he should show as Faroese, with English and Icelandic as 2nd Nationalities. I've only been in Finland since July 2039, so Nath has only been in Finland for 4 months so how does he have Finnish Nationality already? Anyway, I appreciate that lots of people stay at the same clubs and it's possible that the testing team have never considered this, but obviously I have. 

I've never had 2 sons in the same game, (although have had quite a few over time), but I wonder if it's possible/likely in this save. That was the reason for my age being set at the absolute minimum at the outset. I guess time will tell. 

I am very glad you brought this up and might have spotted my last post too about Maternity etc.

In my mind, this is a bug, albeit a minor one, but it does take away from the immersion a little to me that consistency needs to be shown with elements like this.  

You could play the story that Nath O'Kav's father is FInnish, and that gives him the Finnish second nationality. This could tie in with a narrative around why Jimb O'Kav took a job in Finland, rather than Denmark or Sweden - in order to be closer to her partners roots.

3 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I am very glad you brought this up and might have spotted my last post too about Maternity etc.

In my mind, this is a bug, albeit a minor one, but it does take away from the immersion a little to me that consistency needs to be shown with elements like this.  

Yeah. It absolutely is a bug, (albeit a very small one). I will document it and post it somewhere tomorrow so the boffins can have a look at it. 

The female manager thing is interesting though. The only 2 people I have seen produce children in FM21 both have female profiles. 

2 hours ago, Johnny-Trotter said:

You could play the story that Nath O'Kav's father is FInnish, and that gives him the Finnish second nationality. This could tie in with a narrative around why Jimb O'Kav took a job in Finland, rather than Denmark or Sweden - in order to be closer to her partners roots.

Sounds about right. Instead though I will just close my eyes, stick my fingers in my ear and quietly hum "lalalalalalalalal" to myself until the questions stop. 

That also means I don't have to apologise to anyone when I take my son away from his Father to another Country on a whim when I get sacked. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Yeah. It absolutely is a bug, (albeit a very small one). I will document it and post it somewhere tomorrow so the boffins can have a look at it. 

The female manager thing is interesting though. The only 2 people I have seen produce children in FM21 both have female profiles. 

I also got a son this year, but with a male manager.

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

Ah brilliant. In your Polish thread? 

Yup, you can find the post about him here and I've also been tracking his progress (or lack thereof, to be more precise :D) after each season.

2 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Yup, you can find the post about him here and I've also been tracking his progress (or lack thereof, to be more precise :D) after each season.

Brilliant. I knew you would. 

I looked at your thread initially, but haven't been keeping up with anyone's recently. Need to do some more reading. Thanks for letting me know. I will just start at the beginning again I think. :thup:

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Brilliant. I knew you would. 

I looked at your thread initially, but haven't been keeping up with anyone's recently. Need to do some more reading. Thanks for letting me know. I will just start at the beginning again I think. :thup:

That's great to hear, I hope you enjoy the read. :thup:

29 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Sounds about right. Instead though I will just close my eyes, stick my fingers in my ear and quietly hum "lalalalalalalalal" to myself until the questions stop. 

That also means I don't have to apologise to anyone when I take my son away from his Father to another Country on a whim when I get sacked. :lol:

You could otherwise change his nationality to the correct one with the editor since you will be fixing a bug. But it is a lot harder(or rather, more annoying) to fix a players 2nd nationality than his main one.

Edited by HurkaDurk69
5 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

You could otherwise change his nationality to the correct one with the editor since you will be fixing a bug. But it is a lot harder(or rather, more annoying) to fix a players 2nd nationality than his main one.

No, I'm not interested in "fixing" things with the Editor. I use the Editor to improve my understanding of how the game works. I don't change things. 

Languages

I have just noticed 1 thing about my son. 

The game is tracking my history, (in terms of my son's life), because these are the languages he speaks. 

9be37e7a1a7064c9c09e94107c7d5e6e.png

• His place of birth is Finchley in London which is what I chose as my place of birth. So he was born where I was born, even though I wasn't living there when he was born. 
  • He speaks fluent English (fluent), and that's fine because it's my primary language. 
  • He speaks Faroese (fluent), because that's where I was managing when he was born, (so that's really where he was born), and we lived there for the 1st 8 years of his life. 
  • He speaks Icelandic (fluent), because we lived there for 6 years. 
  • He speaks Finnish (fluent), but he shouldn't do because we had only been here for 4 months when he came through the intake. I can't even speak basic Finnish yet. 

6b987566b6c6b4b98bb43aa400b03f93.png

Eligibility - Club trained at is another problem area. He is showing as being club trainers at AC Oulu, but in reality he's only been with us for 4 months and spent 6 years with Stjarnan & Afturelding in Iceland before that and was in Faroe Islands. The game has all this info, but it just isn't piecing it together properly. 

The other thing that should be said is that I should have had my son produced based largely on the Icelandic clubs I was with, because that's where my son would have developed most. This is completely ignored by the game and shouldn't be, (but I completely understand why).  

I think when SI decided to put having a son in the game, these sort of saves were probably not thought of as scenarios.  

Plenty of details to provide though, for the bug you raise.

1 minute ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I think when SI decided to put having a son in the game, these sort of saves were probably not thought of as scenarios.  

Plenty of details to provide though, for the bug you raise.

Yeah, I think the term "bug" is probably not quite right. It's more a suggestion of ways in which this feature could be improved. "Bug" encompasses a multitude of sins. 

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

Yeah, I think the term "bug" is probably not quite right. It's more a suggestion of ways in which this feature could be improved. "Bug" encompasses a multitude of sins. 

More like glitch :lol:

Just to quell my intrigue......look back to jnrs DoB in terms of fixtures at MB.

8th October 2023

Was the season already over by then or did you have matches near that date?

Maybe he was born in Finchley as you went home for a  post season break ;)

Just to quell my intrigue......look back to jnrs DoB in terms of fixtures at MB.

8th October 2023

Was the season already over by then or did you have matches near that date?

Maybe he was born in Finchley as you went home for a  post season break ;)

We actually had 2 weeks between games....... 

267e0e36f513812da93590238c86aa07.png

I think we are thinking of it wrong though. We are thinking of it in terms of when JR was born rather than when he was conceived. Assuming that he was born on time, 9 months earlier gives us 8th Jan 2023 and as we weren't playing in Europe or the Royal League there were no games at all for MB in January 2023. With nothing to do I was..... left to my own devices as to how to pass the time. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. :lol:

ps. I have checked and I had no Finnish players at MB in 2023 so his Father was NOT a player. :herman:

6 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

We actually had 2 weeks between games....... 

267e0e36f513812da93590238c86aa07.png

I think we are thinking of it wrong though. We are thinking of it in terms of when JR was born rather than when he was conceived. Assuming that he was born on time, 9 months earlier gives us 8th Jan 2023 and as we weren't playing in Europe or the Royal League there were no games at all for MB in January 2023. With nothing to do I was..... left to my own devices as to how to pass the time. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. :lol:

ps. I have checked and I had no Finnish players at MB in 2023 so his Father was NOT a player. :herman:

You put a lot more thought into it than me :lol:

From my experience in the Faroes too, I don't think you get too many Finnish players there at all.....so who is the mystery father :confused:

Just now, Pompeyboyz said:

You put a lot more thought into it than me :lol:

From my experience in the Faroes too, I don't think you get too many Finnish players there at all.....so who is the mystery father :confused:

My money is on Trialist B. He gets everywhere! 

Ouch.....least it is just 5% and 10% and not 50% I often use :seagull:

I haven't used that clause in a contract for about...... I don't know, 10 issues of the game. It's probably a couple of hundred in game seasons. I just refuse to include it, ever. 

Finland is a strange place. Jan 2040

I've mentioned already that it's a bit strange that there is a minimum fee for FT players of £250 pw, but the wages being demanded by older players seem really strange. 

92a7dc81ce4056e86b5453aaab0371bd.png

Decent players, of similar ability to my 2 teenage strikers, are demanding close to £1,000 pw to join us. Granted they are free agents so might be able to demand a slightly higher wage, but our wage budget when I arrived was only just over £4,000 pw and even now it's only just over £13,000 pw. I had the deal done to bring in another striker, but I just can't pay that sort of money. It's obscene!

I've had a look at HJK, who look to be the biggest club in Finland, and they have 4 players individually who earn more than our whole budget. Staying with HJK at the moment, they are actually decent it seems. They lost in Champions League Qualifying 3rd Round last season, but then qualified for the Euro Cup Group Stage, so we know how much money they earn from that, because that's sort of where we were at with Stjarnan in Iceland

I'm thinking of just sticking with our Youth Intake and seeing if we can get into Europe with what we've got. 

The other thing I've noticed is that they seem really keen on loans with an option to buy in Finland. I haven't seen much of that before. 

On that note, I'm not really sure what determines who qualifies for Europe. 

a632cb4e7f102f38556fbf4e10e4dfaf.png

FC Honka won the Cup, so they qualified for Europe despite finishing in the bottom half. 
HJK were Champions. :thup:
KuPS were Runners Up. :thup:
RoPS won the Playoffs that 3rd to 7th take part in. (except that FC Honka had already qualified via the Cup, so 8th placed IFK Mariehamn actually took part in the Playoffs last season). 

That makes complete sense now. I should have looked at it before now. 

In terms if the 2 relegation spots at the bottom, the 12th placed team is auto-relegated and the 11th paced team goes into a Playoff against a team from the level below. 

Ridiculous. Jul 2040

d911e3e97d9c429ce8e920c5045a583a.png

7a9fa4266e97041b1d403176a314ccd2.png

Why would they offer me the job?

This is what I have done so far.

I've done ok, and I had a couple of really good years at Stjarnan, but they shouldn't be offering me this job. :thdn:

115f887a72c5cd15c7b401542ce1287c.png

I've created a thread in the Bugs forum for the way my son was produced in terms of Nationalities/Languages/HG at club status etc. I don't think it's a "Bug" per se, but I don't know where else to post it where the boffins might get to look at it. 

I know that both @smp20and @Rikulechave also had sons in the game, so perhaps they would be so good as to take a look and add anything they think is appropriate that I might have missed, (even if it disagrees with what I have said). :thup:

Anyone else got any thoughts? 

Season 21. AC Oulu. Finland. Veikkausliiga. Oct 2040.

Intake preview.

68fbc56a583c24cac423910b644f0027.png

Youth Intake. We look like we have a couple of decent playmaking options in terms of PA, but very little else, (except for some decent 2nd Nationalities). 

cc63d8215b329927aaf5c87446ca73d9.png

(40a) Jonas Paularinne looks pretty fine, and a DLP is of real importance to the play we play so I really like the look of him for that role. 

2ecbab28d24cfecefe1870a904406e01.png

Veikkausliiga. We had an awful start to the season, losing the opening 4 games of the season. I was really happy to finish 5th, (my target was 6th), and the only down side was that we choked in the Playoffs. HJK are by far the best team in the league, but we actually beat them twice this season, (and the loss was in the opening 4 game period). 

e7292556072327a8370fa9a36c439e44.png

513bc7c1149f8da0910945f712b4548d.png

Finnish Cup

815f14b3fe89ab1a741e015ad6030cbd.png

3afdbd38e936f776c1e31809ed2ac168.png

Europe. Didn't qualify.

Squad by Appearances

b0539b983b8f0fee33c445fc27c42f1d.png

Finances

c681246e3f6821ac459e635bf112204d.png

685b032f3b020eb5a94682ac7c8cec54.png

Facilities.

eeb1b034bb08b7cd26d0e74a6c8bb96f.png

17dbdcf3bac8f8bff7ab58cf4d57c710.png

Records

0b7f4eea162621d3f2898f20efb97a90.png

Transfers. I really didn't want to loan anyone in, but I found myself forced to loan in a centre-half because I just couldn't find one suitable to sign permanently. The DoF also loaned in a winger, (that I didn't notice at the time), but I used him very sparingly. 

030879ef5e0347d9f8461b3de14df4fe.png

Summary. It was a really good season on the pitch, after a poor start in both the league and the Cup that saw us go the opening 9 games of the season without winning. We had triple facility upgrades this season because 2 were done after the intake last season, but that is off-set with with us losing money left right and centre. I'm just trying to ignore the money situation at the moment because I know that the only way to resolve it is European success. We lost approx £750k last season and expect to lose a similar amount next season. It's not ideal, especially when I think it's highly unlikely that we are going to be finishing above HJK anytime soon, (despite the fact that we beat them twice this season). Yeah we choked in the Playoffs, but that's the way it goes. My plan for next season is to qualify for the Playoffs again, (and maybe win a game in the Cup). You will have noticed that I am signing players, (and even loaned 2 players in this season, (better than the 6 from last season but still 2 too many), but I still want to develop young players. It's just that they might not be products of our own Academy. That doesn't mean that I won't be busting a git to upgrade our own facilities like I always do, (of course I am), but it's not a disaster if it doesn't happen. 

The other thing of course is whether or not I'm willing to move to another Finnish club, and the answer is that I might indeed be open to the right offer. 

f7cc9e8113853f319183b3c7b66f67ba.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

(30g) Nath O'Kav (ENG). End of Season 2. Nov 2040

On intake day

End of Season 1. Just the 2 appearances at the end of the 1st part-season. 

End of Season 2. He was our 1st choice left back all season and I even let him take penalties, (well penalty singular). He scored his 1st goal and was also capped by ENG U20's. That sounds really impressive, but obviously ENG isn't an active league so it's a less impressive accomplishment than it might have been. He's also learned the "gets forward wherever possible PPM" which I think is vital for my full-backs. 

282b36561cad36c4f6e53725584dd470.png

2ae2eb629af0dbae506f598c9c11c9f8.png

60f46e06dfab0a45102a74c518862ab8.png

All Time progress. I've had Agility & Balance on individual training since he came through, (so just over 1 year ago). I think I'm going to change it to Endurance to cover Stamina and Workrate. 

079d1e94c563febb8dc1fef1c91b9aad.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Season 22. AC Oulu. Finland. Veikkausliiga. Oct 2041.

Intake preview.

0be238e90377fce22ca9c6a1f3527268.png

Youth Intake.

391bb52053102474387c2c4aa820cda1.png

eb89efcea9037bbad1d4f9062111b026.png

(41a) Aku Vuorinen is good enough to be in contention for a senior squad place immediately. Maybe not to start, but certainly from the bench. I really like the look of him. He could be an important player for us. 

705362ab8cacf3ca799912b73f5145f7.png

Veikkausliiga. The top 2 qualified as you would expect, and SJK won the Cup. The surprise was that lowly TPS somehow came all the way through the Playoffs as the lowest ranked team, (finishing 8th). I was happy to finish in the top half, but the way we imploded late on was really concerning. Yes we suffered from injuries and suspensions and yes we have a young squad, but I honestly thought we were going to finish Runners Up at one point. I'm surprised that no other clubs have come in for me. We're expected to be relegated each season I think. 

9935a61aed1640f0280e38cd02d7a486.png

b540c30707509365469455b4b1489a80.png

We absolutely died a death towards the end of the season, winning only 2 of our last 11 games, losing 8 in the process. 1 of the 2 games we won was actually a drawn game that we won on penalties. It was really poor. :(

d39cd4410938ab69de75c45b6030f1cd.png

Finnish Cup. We haven't won a game in the last 2 seasons in this competition, but we've also drawn 6 of the 10 games during that period so perhaps we aren't a million miles away from turning the corner. 

e5a1cd3f9b974981a6bbe4c3d7d5a762.png

d8aa6f1323a8c4d2f11367c0e9069478.png

Europe. Didn't qualify.

Squad by Appearances

f4529f8ebd027cc4a22a1389972afd45.png

Finances

72bb2033dce207adc72a14e70b3ae7e8.png

005cefff61de427f80761c7a91cccdbc.png

Facilities.

d5fcdb8d02c758dc8b513bd6536895b4.png

55545770d9343dcc4112c1d8c435eb5d.png

Records

198da1b6f2fab29084257270c8f8402c.png

68ecc99ad38681094c0c862508d3e4af.png

2d2592ebb6e336a1bf7badff23a347b4.png

457afa2a6498e18ee07eaf05cafe3734.png

c37e1e9c326df03f4c7926afee0da0d1.png

Transfers. The significant deal this season is the departure of young striker Halmekangas, who although he is still at the club now, has agreed to join Brondby IF on a free as soon as the window opens. His new deal puts him on an initial £4,500 pw, rising to £6,000 pw after 30 league games. We can't compete with that so he goes with our blessing. I tried to sign him to a new contract but he just wasn't interested. He's immediately worth £1.1M upon joining Brondby IF, so to my mind that's the sort of figure I should be looking to get for him if I had been selling him. I'm not sure how realistic that is. 

bc6113e36ebf8ea7d60b9305930f76c4.png

ee51723c2e6765d17c880cd48101fb29.png

98842b7f568aa1cc02967a485fdf0540.png

8e7d556c46bff3d1ebb98ce8a26182af.png

Summary. We had a reasonable start to the season and a brilliant middle part, but we absolutely imploded late on and it was such an anti-climax to see all our good work earlier in the season go to waste. Don't get me wrong, we are miles off HJK at the top, but we are starting to compete with all the other clubs, even if we are less consistent. The problem we have is that while we keep missing out on Europe, our debt keeps rising and the financial strength of our competition improves. It's got to the stage now, with us £1.4M in debt that even a season in the Euro Conference probably wouldn't put us back in the black. We finished with 9 points less than last season, (which sounds awful), but when you consider that we took just 4 points from a possible 27 during the run-in, I think it shows that we were significantly ahead of the previous year until we imploded. I'd like to think that we might just be good enough to finish 2nd next season, but failing that we definitely need to have another go at the Playoffs and I would love to start performing in the Cup too. HJK have only won the Cup once in the last 10 years, so it really should be doable. 

e95e3188290eeed835ef8efc78973cbc.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

(30g) Nath O'Kav (ENG). End of Season 3. Nov 2041

On intake day

End of Season 2. He was our 1st choice left back all season and I even let him take penalties, (well penalty singular). He scored his 1st goal and was also capped by ENG U20's. That sounds really impressive, but obviously ENG isn't an active league so it's a less impressive accomplishment than it might have been. He's also learned the "gets forward wherever possible PPM" which I think is vital for my full-backs. 

End of Season 3. A much better season this year from Jr, who collected his 1st 2 MOM awards and was also names in the Veikkausliiga team of the month on 2 occasions. 

5b3ea6915a1f888b599c74398dd246da.png

b9ba811747b7249ff3cfeff7acb067c6.png

d5f3d2f81a35eda668b4a0bcaeabeb96.png

All Time progress. This year I have had individual training on Endurance, which covers Stamina(+2) and Workrate(no change), but the results haven't been great. Physically he looks like he is developing well. I think I need to get him working on some technical abilities for the coming season and passing encompasses vision, passing and technique.

d29dbee514c8e0d8b67b9414d5690c5b.png

Season 23. AC Oulu. Finland. Veikkausliiga. Oct 2042.

Intake preview.

25cf2ffe0728c5519dd804ae73dacede.png

Youth Intake. 3x 5.0 PA player and 3x 4.5 PA players is a decent return in terms of PA. The CA is a little lacking through and I need to work on that when I can. 

ac5df8b44c3df617d846fbd7cc207740.png

3d6a68107a0ff7694e0eebf7d16cc4fc.png

a98254b519caae4b1c32e366344cdcdb.png

Veikkausliiga. We got there in the end, but it wasn't for the want of trying to screw it up. We only won 1 of our last 10 games of the regular season, needed penalties to get passed SJK in the Semi's and then had to overcome a 2-goal deficit after the 1st leg of the Final at home. Of course we are inconsistent with such a young squad, but all that matters is that we got there in the end. Europe here we come! 

ebd3049f2cb432078d295584e7e97146.png

00bd48c17087ba681f33da0af3cb4957.png

268afba95ac3303d7d838e92760210dd.png

Finnish Cup. We were much better in the Cup this season and were pretty unlucky not to make the Final. 

5882eac2199e3722b15f3b94d558560a.png

Europe. Didn't qualify.

Squad by Appearances

5de3d031c114fda3a78cd770b2f62428.png

Finances. Our finances have taken a real hammering in recent seasons and we are desperate for European games and it will finally be here next season. As we are only going to be in the Euro Conference and we are still quite weak, I don't expect to get to the Group Stage yet, but it's a step in the right direction at least. 

9f5a7ce6ad7a750ba1b2c76d3b209cf6.png

0213aeea2a018544cc83e8070ef0604a.png

Facilities. I asked to improve both the Junior Coaching and the Youth Recruitment but our finances simply won't allow it. 

507de2b9ca6585831e1670e2e2d44c8e.png

128a906c2ee2edf7a6450fa657cae1e7.png

Records

041a68ba29355cafc37f6a789f6fcc06.png

70508b9ad1c3f9607c83aad470c369e4.png

db9ae8a54838ccc465d2e436f8867704.png

49d34a3221ec4f7b9596f3a55fca4000.png

c48892b11056ae4929d0a46a4ef4adbc.png

Transfers. We obviously lost Halmekangas on a free to Brondby IF, in a deal that was arranged last season and he has had a tough start to life in Sweden with just 4 goals from 12 games and an XG of 7. He also missed the only penalty he took. 

a9eb5211226d33bf5f4ee0f97a325643.png

We currently have 2 players at the club who are valued at £500k+ and both of these have 1 year remaining on their contract. I'm torn between listing them for sale and offering them out, and just playing them next season and see how far they can take us and then letting them walk on a free. I think I'm going to try and sell Mourad (SWE) and keep Shulberg (ENG) (NOR) for the last season on his contract and then let him leave on a free. 

1fc40c225f7f53e14beb7f88440511a3.png

5ed3fb0ef3bc0d691d91be6cc77c7bc8.png

444d1eff0ff307cc9f6dd86fbe5ae955.png

6fc2fb5ea0fc2eadf0c1c8dcf9267382.png

Summary. We had a great season until August, but after that we completely bombed and I feel a little ashamed that we somehow won the Playoffs. Seems a complete fluke if you ask me. We should have won the league to be honest and how we only finished 9 points behind winners FC Inter, when we only took 6 points from our last 10 games is astonishing. Had we won 4 games, drawn 3 games and lost 3 games, (which seems pretty average form to me), we would have been crowned Champions. 5 of these games were lost by a single goal, and Jr missed a number of penalties during this period. (He missed 5 of 0 penalties in all competitions this season). 

d9c8b3ad8bb67063e678927bfeb3dbd8.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

(30g) Nath O'Kav (ENG). End of Season 4. Nov 2042

On intake day

End of Season 3. A much better season this year from Jr, who collected his 1st 2 MOM awards and was also names in the Veikkausliiga team of the month on 2 occasions. 

5b3ea6915a1f888b599c74398dd246da.png

b9ba811747b7249ff3cfeff7acb067c6.png

d5f3d2f81a35eda668b4a0bcaeabeb96.png

End of Season 4. His actual performances on the pitch were better this season, but he missed 5 from 9 penalties in all competitions, (which is awful), and many of these cost us points in close games. His season was disrupted by the Euro U19 Championships, (as he played in all games as England somehow ran out winners!!!) :eek: suspensions and  

e9758b70eb997cfaf83c4212cbf2a78c.png

73889c7e2cfb0fef11f5315f1a35ab35.png

5f915b879dd0294a0f143f91829cc060.png

5bd94c8991734af2d73f370ed1da5039.png

His form for ENG U20's.

f39cc4a384d70f97bab0fb30fb39fed7.png
560b0e813d843fbe216b7d00a08fc961.png

His form for ENG U19's, (at the U19 EURO's)

7343c8c8a01a3730a24554579ae09a1f.png

Milestones. I missed this at the time and only noticed when I went back to do this summary. Really surprising considering England isn't an active league. 

4a7e69e0dee219502df2c0f618398fd3.png

All Time progress. I've had him on passing training to work on his vision(+1), passing(-/+) technique(-/+), but I was really looking more at the technical attributes and that hasn't worked at all. I think we are a much better side now and the fact that he scored 4 goals and 2 assists suggests that we are better going forward. I wonder if "knock ball past opponent" is a PPM he might benefit from, and also think he would benefit from some focus on crossing 

e2e4cc12b32bfec3b19bc3e758c87f04.png

Available jobs. Jun 2043

I haven't been offered an interview in a while, so I thought I would have a look and see what's available. 

308508e646dfd0ec9c6bcf2551c1afd4.png

My reputation is 2.5 stars but I have been unable to go on a course in a while and I think that impacts on reputation, as well as who and where we manage and obviously how successful. Finland doesn't have a huge reputation, (although it's obviously higher then Faroe Islands and Iceland), but it's way short of the likes of Sweden, Norway & Denmark. I'm far from done in Finland yet, but already I'm looking at Norway for my next move I think.

60d73c108a6f1961b151875797b95cf0.png

Plenty of unfinished business in Finland for now though. 

Finnish Veikkausliiga player development. Jul 2043

I think this does a good job of showing where we are within the Finnish structure. 

Most of the 18 players are still with is and some of them wouldn't be good enough for another club at this level. We're not producing players good enough to play abroad at this stage. 

bbddbd5589db08891ef8baa0226a1362.png