FM21 "my client is willing to consider joining the club in general, but he feels that the club lacks the financial muscle to be able to meet his contract demands"

in to 3rd season and all of a sudden on any contract talks for new or current players I get 

"my client is willing to consider joining the club in general, but he feels that the club lacks the financial muscle to be able to meet his contract demands"

I have over 1.5m pw free to use and players wages are only around 50k pw and about 40m in transfer funds. clubs status is rich

there is no reason why these deals cant be discussed.

Was working fine then all of a sudden stopped for all teams in game.

Any ideas, is it a bug in game?

I am also getting frustrated with this but slightly different circumstances.

In Polish Liga I, money a little tight but I'm able to get half decent looking players to trial for 4 weeks only to get that same response - "my client is willing to consider joining the club in general, but he feels that the club lacks the financial muscle to be able to meet his contract demands"

Why bother joining on trial, why not establish the region of wage demands before. To add insult to injury I actually can afford their wage demands.

The response is fair enough if there is a gulf between the players demands and those the club can afford but if not there would be a discussion at least. Its nonsensical as it currently stands. 

Edited by janrzm
  • 2 months later...

Same here, just got promoted from national league to league 2 and I have plenty of cash after a takeover, there are so many decent players who are interested (as per my scouts) but none of them will even let me offer a contract ant I can give them ten times what they're on! Some of them are even free transfers and will happily join on trial

More annoying is the fake wage demand and how the game registers league rep change. Guys I had on trial for 2 weeks in June asking for max 4k/month now after any offer after the 1st of July they are not willing to sign below 12k because I am in the top division.... But I already won the league (div2) in May!!! How can he not form his wage demand considering this?

Luckily i had some contracts offered in late June with their old wage demand before the leaguee rep kicking but this is utterly nonsense. Note to myself: sign all your players before 30 June if you are promoted as other way you will have 3-4x the original wage demands after Jul 1st.

Doesn't matter if you got promoted or not, wage demands are always higher during the transfer windows, its been like this for quite some time on several iterations of FM.

If you think there's an issue please raise it here so our QA team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/825-transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

Is always useful to provide a save with a specific example. Details on how to provide saves here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support

In some instances the club/board will have a set max wage which the user manager can't offer more than. The potentially incoming player/agent will look at the highest earning player within the squad as kind of a benchmark.