Jump to content

Save My Save....


Recommended Posts

I'm not sure I've ever been so bad and kept the job for this long!

I started this save during beta but I'm pretty sure this is a tactics or small squad issue...

 

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GpPjt8XfWfnBrks55_AYfJ199VlODWPD/view?usp=sharing

2020-12-22 22_57_38-Window.jpg

2020-12-23 22_03_31-Football Manager 2021.jpg

Edited by GC28
Grammar
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DarJ said:

The problem is definitely the tactic.

What style of football do you want to play or to put it simply, how do you want to score?

I've usually played the below with some great results over the last 3 years

- short passing 

- High tempo

- Wing play

- Overlaps

After a decent start in the first season I've tried 4 or 5 different tactics and types of play with some quite obviously terrible results.

This team is very young but I'd expect better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4141.png.7c6b5e45f036beedd37c93a7aca41544.png

You could try this. I can talk you through the thought process if you want and you can change the DLP to a DM no problem. and remove the very narrow width and go standard or narrow with focus play through the middle

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, DarJ said:

4141.png.7c6b5e45f036beedd37c93a7aca41544.png

You could try this. I can talk you through the thought process if you want and you can change the DLP to a DM no problem. and remove the very narrow width and go standard or narrow with focus play through the middle

Thank you, I've built these two variations from your suggestions, with a small change as I don't have any suitable PF's up front  

2020-12-23 22_55_54-Football Manager 2021.jpg

2020-12-23 22_56_04-Football Manager 2021.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, GC28 said:

I've usually played the below with some great results over the last 3 years

- short passing 

- High tempo

- Wing play

- Overlaps

After a decent start in the first season I've tried 4 or 5 different tactics and types of play with some quite obviously terrible results.

This team is very young but I'd expect better.

I admit, i dont know who this team is or what league this is, so not sure about the standard.

Given that you want a style of play that encompasses the things you say, I think you may be better off trying the gegenpress preset, and tinkering with that?

This combines elements of high tempo, short passing and can involve wing play.

 

In your tactic i think theres a few things that contradict

1) You want wing play and overlaps, but youve set your wide players into inverted roles and then put the defenders on defensive roles. So they wont want to get forward to make your overlaps, theyre just going to sit back and defend.

 

2) Why would you be telling your players to regroup, when you are also telling them to defend high up the pitch? high defensive line and high line of engagement is usually associated with an aggressive pressing strategy, not regrouping

 

3) You are using an advanced forward and looking for counter attacks, but you want your players to play much shorter passes. This doesnt make sense to me, youd either want the much shorter passes for a patient, precise buildup, or direct high tempo passes to go back to front quickly. The high lines you have suggest you are looking more into the short passing patient approach?

 

4) Your advanced forward looks massively isolated

 

5) your two central midfielders and two wide players are all trying to occupy the same small area of pitch. I would imagine teams go very narrow against you and stifle your creativity.

 

Im by no means good at tactics, but it does seem there are quite a few issues in this tactic

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why you want your right FB to defend since you have a DM I don't think it's necessary 

Secondly don't underlap at the left because it increases the mentality of the FB and decreases the mentality of the IF and it will take away a bit from the IF and I don't think you want that. If you really want to underlap there then change him to attack and change the FB to support.

Finally keep an eye on "stay on feet", If you see that your players are not tackling then take it off

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, FMunderachiever said:

I admit, i dont know who this team is or what league this is, so not sure about the standard.

Given that you want a style of play that encompasses the things you say, I think you may be better off trying the gegenpress preset, and tinkering with that?

This combines elements of high tempo, short passing and can involve wing play.

 

In your tactic i think theres a few things that contradict

1) You want wing play and overlaps, but youve set your wide players into inverted roles and then put the defenders on defensive roles. So they wont want to get forward to make your overlaps, theyre just going to sit back and defend.

 

2) Why would you be telling your players to regroup, when you are also telling them to defend high up the pitch? high defensive line and high line of engagement is usually associated with an aggressive pressing strategy, not regrouping

 

3) You are using an advanced forward and looking for counter attacks, but you want your players to play much shorter passes. This doesnt make sense to me, youd either want the much shorter passes for a patient, precise buildup, or direct high tempo passes to go back to front quickly. The high lines you have suggest you are looking more into the short passing patient approach?

 

4) Your advanced forward looks massively isolated

 

5) your two central midfielders and two wide players are all trying to occupy the same small area of pitch. I would imagine teams go very narrow against you and stifle your creativity.

 

Im by no means good at tactics, but it does seem there are quite a few issues in this tactic

Thanks for the obvervations, I think I went through a terrible patch of games and the tactic had become a mess.

I'll work through your points, thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I don't understand why you want your right FB to defend since you have a DM I don't think it's necessary 

Secondly don't underlap at the left because it increases the mentality of the FB and decreases the mentality of the IF and it will take away a bit from the IF and I don't think you want that. If you really want to underlap there then change him to attack and change the FB to support.

Finally keep an eye on "stay on feet", If you see that your players are not tackling then take it off

Thank you.

THe right FB's stats aren't attacking at all so I've stuck to defend for now.

Ok I'll take a look at the underlapping.

Will do!

 

Thanks for your input :) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update, thanks for your help guys, made it to the final and lost on penatiles, we are building! 

 

Thanks again :)

2021-01-01 11_19_16-Window.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, DarJ said:

How is your tactic set up now?

I'm switching between these two, at the end of this season I'll look at building from this but with 2 forwards.

2021-01-01 12_58_32-Window.jpg

2021-01-01 12_58_50-Window.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...