game using huge amount of CPU and memory after 5 minutes of starting the game

unknown.png?width=968&height=109

game starts up really quickly, saves and loads within 5 seconds initially, but once i start processing a few days then the memory usage shoots up and everything becomes very clunky. i'm playing with 7-8 leagues and 48k players, shouldn't be a problem for my computer specs. anyone encountering the same issue?

Yes, as when the game is processing, it tries to use as much of the CPU as possible in order to do the calculations and process the match results, actions of the AI managers, players, etc, as fast as possible. Your database set-up, in terms of leagues, etc, wouldn't greatly impact how much of the CPU the game tries to use, just how long it'll take to process everything.

If you don't want it to do that, you can go into the Preferences, and change how fast it'll process those matches under the "Speed to Process Other Teams' Matches" option.

On 23/12/2020 at 17:05, rinso said:

what's you machine's specs? that seems ridiculously high..  any add ons in game? 

i7-8700 32gb RAM gtx 1080. no add ons except graphics pack and skins which i've been using in all previous games with no problem, though i still haven't updated to the new patch on 12/17 yet

On 23/12/2020 at 17:27, JordanMillward_1 said:

If that's while it's processing things, that's entirely normal.

no it's like that when idle in game. actually it's like this in the main menu screen even

On 23/12/2020 at 18:49, JordanMillward_1 said:

Yes, as when the game is processing, it tries to use as much of the CPU as possible in order to do the calculations and process the match results, actions of the AI managers, players, etc, as fast as possible. Your database set-up, in terms of leagues, etc, wouldn't greatly impact how much of the CPU the game tries to use, just how long it'll take to process everything.

If you don't want it to do that, you can go into the Preferences, and change how fast it'll process those matches under the "Speed to Process Other Teams' Matches" option.

don't think that's the problem, it's always like this even in main menu screen

11 minutes ago, raizen said:

i7-8700 32gb RAM gtx 1080. no add ons except graphics pack and skins which i've been using in all previous games with no problem, though i still haven't updated to the new patch on 12/17 yet

no it's like that when idle in game. actually it's like this in the main menu screen even

don't think that's the problem, it's always like this even in main menu screen

I find certain custom skins makes my CPU usage shoot through the roof. Is it the same with the base skin?

13 hours ago, raizen said:

no add ons except graphics pack and skins which i've been using in all previous games with no problem

So you do have addons

12 hours ago, danielclouston1 said:

I find certain custom skins makes my CPU usage shoot through the roof. Is it the same with the base skin?

This^^^^

Remove your custom packs/skins and see if it improves.

No idea what else you may have running and how many leagues and the level of processing you have with each league. If you have custom graphics simply move the contents to a different folder then restart.  Have you set in preferences Skin > Use Cacheing ?

In FM you can get high intensive usage of CPU. If its just now and again then dont worry but if its constant then in my experience it could be due to a faulty hard drive assuming it happens with all Apps not just FM. Have you checked usage stats when not running FM but running other applications?

14 hours ago, Blackwolf said:

I have similiar issue. The game has slow processing on transfer window/international breaks.

What I'm saying is it's quite normal. Slow processing here is emulating the matches in the background. Only the thing I'd say is to try reduce the amount of leagues/divisions/database sizes. 

37 dakika önce, Smurf said:

What I'm saying is it's quite normal. Slow processing here is emulating the matches in the background. Only the thing I'd say is to try reduce the amount of leagues/divisions/database sizes. 

I think its not normal. I disagree with you. Fm 2020 way better than Fm 2021 in this circumstance. The optimizasition should be improved. To be honest, the game responsive but has also slow processing day by day. I will try to reduce the amount of leagues but when I picked 6 leagues the game gave me 4 star. Still has slow proccessing. I don't know, maybe my pc incapable for this game but Fm 2020 is fine on the same pc and amount of leagues/divisions. By the way, I didn't use any add-on.

Edited by Blackwolf

1 hour ago, Blackwolf said:

I think its not normal. I disagree with you. Fm 2020 way better than Fm 2021 in this circumstance. The optimizasition should be improved. To be honest, the game responsive but has also slow processing day by day. I will try to reduce the amount of leagues but when I picked 6 leagues the game gave me 4 star. Still has slow proccessing. I don't know, maybe my pc incapable for this game but Fm 2020 is fine on the same pc and amount of leagues/divisions. By the way, I didn't use any add-on.

I agree with you. On FM2O, my fan goes less crazy than FM21. The processing is less on 20 compared 21. The fan goes crazy on the save game, but it does it quick.

2 hours ago, Blackwolf said:

You talk about optimisation... do you know what that means? 

As the years roll on - your computer is getting older and older, and games/apps get more demanding, that's very natural. 

The in-game star rating is flawed, it doesn't mean much. If you start up your computer and start a new game, you can get 4 stars. 

If you startup again, and open 3 demanding programmes, and have them running in the background, like playing a video on netflix app on the computer, playing music in the background, having 10 tabs open in a web browser.

Then start a new game the star rating might be lower when starting this time.

What specs are your computer? That would be good to know and I can let you know if it's an issue that side. 

I'd also like to know if you're running any anti-virus programmes, if so, try disabling them to ensure it's not interferring. 

38 minutes ago, d d said:

I agree with you. On FM2O, my fan goes less crazy than FM21. The processing is less on 20 compared 21. The fan goes crazy on the save game, but it does it quick.

You guys are forgetting that FM21 is not FM20.

Fan going crazy could be signs of build up of dust. Even though FM 20 might not do the same, FM21 could be a bit more demanding and the processor requires a cooling from the fan - a blockup of dust could be an issue here.

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

@Blackwolf @d d  I also have to say the same thing happened to me on FM12 and FM13, FM13 was unplayable on my laptop where FM12 worked fine.

Sometimes, things are out of your control. For the majority it works, but sometimes it happens.

I had the same thing with FM15 and FM16. FM15 ran no problem at all, bought FM16 and it was pretty much unplayable.

1 saat önce, Smurf said:

You talk about optimisation... do you know what that means? 

As the years roll on - your computer is getting older and older, and games/apps get more demanding, that's very natural. 

The in-game star rating is flawed, it doesn't mean much. If you start up your computer and start a new game, you can get 4 stars. 

If you startup again, and open 3 demanding programmes, and have them running in the background, like playing a video on netflix app on the computer, playing music in the background, having 10 tabs open in a web browser.

Then start a new game the star rating might be lower when starting this time.

What specs are your computer? That would be good to know and I can let you know if it's an issue that side. 

I'd also like to know if you're running any anti-virus programmes, if so, try disabling them to ensure it's not interferring. 

You guys are forgetting that FM21 is not FM20.

Fan going crazy could be signs of build up of dust. Even though FM 20 might not do the same, FM21 could be a bit more demanding and the processor requires a cooling from the fan - a blockup of dust could be an issue here.

Yeah I talked optimization and I know what it means. I don't have any anti-virus, malware programmes. This happens every year. And then fixed somehow. Its not about FM 2021. It happens on Fm 2018, Fm 2019, 2020 and as I said they fixed somehow.

Look, I wanna enjoy the game. If you say something to fix, please say it. I disagree with you about optimizasiton. You don't have to defend the game.  You don't need to convince me. The game should be more faster process speed.

I added dxdiag report.

DxDiag.txt

42 dakika önce, danielclouston1 said:

I had the same thing with FM15 and FM16. FM15 ran no problem at all, bought FM16 and it was pretty much unplayable.

Ok, I understand you but when I picked 6 league, the game gave me 4 star. Maybe calculating system is broken. I don't know. When I try to open scouting menu, players comes up really fast. After all I have no issues with menus, gameplay, the only problem is slow processing day by day especially during the international breaks.

Edited by Blackwolf

I just had a tinker around and I couldn't get the game to use anywhere near 9Gb of RAM even with all leagues loaded during a game.

There is clearly an issue with the OP computer in my opinion.

Be interesting to see if anyone else can get it to use that much RAM

57 minutes ago, Blackwolf said:

Do you know the important thing? There is no competition in this area. SI is monopoly. Amd needs Intel. Intel needs Amd. They push each other that way. In my opinion, SI needs a competition.

While I kinda agree, absolutely nobody has brought forward an alternative thats anywhere near the level of FM.

Yeah I talked optimization and I know what it means. I don't have any anti-virus, malware programmes. This happens every year. And then fixed somehow. Its not about FM 2021. It happens on Fm 2018, Fm 2019, 2020 and as I said they fixed somehow.

Look, I wanna enjoy the game. If you say something to fix, please say it. I disagree with you about optimizasiton. You don't have to defend the game.  You don't need to convince me. The game should be more faster process speed.

I added dxdiag report.

DxDiag.txt 73.13 kB · 0 downloads

Here's you problem

Your processor was discontinued and is from 2009 - it's 11 years old. 

Also - it's 1.6ghz and FM min specs is minimum 1.8ghz.

Unfortunately, your processor is obsolete, and I'm surprised it's still running to be honest. 

image.png.b0b841af9d3a10cd4ddc2dccd1431d29.png

I am not defending the game - I'm trying to help you get to the bottom of your issue.

Ok, I understand you but when I picked 6 league, the game gave me 4 star. Maybe calculating system is broken. I don't know. When I try to open scouting menu, players comes up really fast. After all I have no issues with menus, gameplay, the only problem is slow processing day by day especially during the international breaks.

I explained to you in the earlier post that the star rating is not reliable.

Do you know the important thing? There is no competition in this area. SI is monopoly. Amd needs Intel. Intel needs Amd. They push each other that way. In my opinion, SI needs a competition.

There are a few football management simulation games

https://gmgames.org/section/football-soccer-management-games/

Football Manager is the best one .

And you need to get a new computer - because your DxDiag tells me it's obsolete. 

There's a laptop thread if you fancy getting a new one £550 and up will get you a decent FM experience. 

let me know if you need help with this.

Edited by Smurf

1 saat önce, Smurf said:

Here's you problem

Your processor was discontinued and is from 2009 - it's 11 years old. 

Also - it's 1.6ghz and FM min specs is minimum 1.8ghz.

Unfortunately, your processor is obsolete, and I'm surprised it's still running to be honest. 

image.png.b0b841af9d3a10cd4ddc2dccd1431d29.png

I am not defending the game - I'm trying to help you get to the bottom of your issue.

Yeah I know, my pc very old but I've faced the same issue on Fm 18, FM 19, FM20 and then update comes up, slowdowns has been fixed somehow. As if they release the game without ever test every year which it's really weird. I didn't understand this.

Thanks to offer. I don't live in UK.

Maybe the solution is getting new pc but I think there is a complex issue on this game. Maybe it's related to denuvo although SI never admitted this.

Edited by Blackwolf

• SI Staff

Best logging a support ticket https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Its certainly not normal for the game to use 9GB, I've never seen that perhaps it is something specific going on in your save game - sdo if you can provide that it will help. Also mention a member of the dev team asked you to report it.

Also if you are using any custom skin or add ons try removing them to see if it makes any difference.

Yeah I know, my pc very old but I've faced the same issue on Fm 18, FM 19, FM20 and then update comes up, slowdowns has been fixed somehow. As if they release the game without ever test every year which it's really weird. I didn't understand this.

Thanks to offer. I don't live in UK.

Maybe the solution is getting new pc but I think there is a complex issue on this game. Maybe it's related to denuvo although SI never admitted this.

You expect them to test on obsolete computers? 

Where do you live, I live in Ireland. So wherever you live there's always laptops for sale, what would your budget be?

I don't think it's anything to do with the game itself - your computer doesn't meet the minimum specs, it's as simple as that.

57 dakika önce, Smurf said:

You expect them to test on obsolete computers? 

Where do you live, I live in Ireland. So wherever you live there's always laptops for sale, what would your budget be?

I don't think it's anything to do with the game itself - your computer doesn't meet the minimum specs, it's as simple as that.

You missed the point. I am just saying the game should be has faster processing speed. Yeah, as you said it's as simple as that. Look at this specs:

i7-8700 32gb RAM gtx 1080.

These pc has also similiar issue. They don't need to test with low end, mid range, high end pc. So what is the testing staff job? Is there any testing staff in SI? I don't think so. Because many people had same issue on Fm 2020. And many specs affected that. I saw on this forum. Now the technical issue forums dissapeared. They change the system for whatever some reason. My point is all issues not related to specs. My pc is garbage and also denuvo is garbage too. Denuvo is should'nt be with any game. Denuvo hurts custumers. Stop using this garbage.

I live in Turkey. 1 Pound: 10 Turkish liras. 

Critism is not crime. Look we can't deal on this situation. These are in my opinion. Thats it.

If this conservation to end, you are right. SI is perfect. My pc garbage. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Blackwolf

10 hours ago, Blackwolf said:

Look at this specs:

i7-8700 32gb RAM gtx 1080.

These pc has also similiar issue. They don't need to test with low end, mid range, high end pc. So what is the testing staff job? Is there any testing staff in SI?

My point is all issues not related to specs. My pc is garbage and also denuvo is garbage too. Denuvo is should'nt be with any game. Denuvo hurts custumers. 

I live in Turkey. 1 Pound: 10 Turkish liras. 

Critism is not crime. Look we can't deal on this situation. These are in my opinion. Thats it.

If this conservation to end, you are right. SI is perfect. My pc garbage. Thanks in advance.

The 8700 could have another problem affecting it, I am not aware of this one so cannot really comment.

Yes, SI test the game,  if there were many problems the forum would be flooded with user complaints,  like the way Cyberpunk was.

Your PC is obsolete. I dont know what Danuvo is.

Nobody said you committed a crime, and criticisms are welcomed,  but if your computer doesn't meet min requirements for the game that is not SI or Football Managers fault. 

Your opinion is not fact. 

I never says SI are perfect, but your PC is obsolete. 

3 saat önce, Smurf said:

The 8700 could have another problem affecting it, I am not aware of this one so cannot really comment.

Yes, SI test the game,  if there were many problems the forum would be flooded with user complaints,  like the way Cyberpunk was.

Your PC is obsolete. I dont know what Danuvo is.

Nobody said you committed a crime, and criticisms are welcomed,  but if your computer doesn't meet min requirements for the game that is not SI or Football Managers fault. 

Your opinion is not fact. 

I never says SI are perfect, but your PC is obsolete. 

Yeah, I see. Keep going man. Please keep not defending SI or game. Well, your opinion is not fact too. The base clock is 1,6 ghz. Not stuck 1,6 ghz all the time but hey my pc is obsolete. My pc is obsolete. My pc is obsolete. Did I say my pc is obsolete? I don't remember it.

If SI testing the game, why a lot of people faced performance issues on Fm 2020? I know my pc is obsolete but many people had the same issue.

Edited by Blackwolf

25 minutes ago, Blackwolf said:

Yeah, I see. Keep going man. Please keep not defending SI or game. Well, your opinion is not fact too. The base clock is 1,6 ghz. Not stuck 1,6 ghz all the time but hey my pc is obsolete. My pc is obsolete. My pc is obsolete. Did I say my pc is obsolete? I don't remember it.

If SI testing the game, why a lot of people faced performance issues on Fm 2020? I know my pc is obsolete but many people had the same issue.

It's not me saying it's obsolete - it's Intel - I provided the link 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/43122/intel-core-i7-720qm-processor-6m-cache-1-60-ghz.html

image.png.3e9ca838572bc35bc9b85cbe5577f4a6.png

The minimum requirement for Football Manager is 1.8ghz - your processor is 1.6ghz.

The game is not running right for you based on these facts. 

25 minutes ago, Blackwolf said:

I don't know why other people have problems - I can't see those problems at the moment.

Edited by Smurf

2 dakika önce, Smurf said:

It's not me saying it's obsolete - it's Intel - I provided the link 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/43122/intel-core-i7-720qm-processor-6m-cache-1-60-ghz.html

image.png.3e9ca838572bc35bc9b85cbe5577f4a6.png

The minimum requirement for Football Manager is 1.8ghz - your processor is 1.6ghz.

The game is not running right for you based on these facts. 

SI doesn't say the base clock frequency or turbo frequency. They've written 1.8 ghz. i7 720qm has max turbo frequency is 2,8 ghz. Anyway, do you have to defend ohm I mean an answer to that:

"If SI testing the game, why a lot of people faced performance issues on Fm 2020? I know my pc is obsolete but many people had the same issue."

By the way, I have to say again. Denuvo is virus. Denuvo is worm. Denuvo waste of money for companies. Denuvo just hurts customers.

1 minute ago, Blackwolf said:

SI doesn't say the base clock frequency or turbo frequency. They've written 1.8 ghz. i7 720qm has max turbo frequency is 2,8 ghz. Anyway, do you have to defend ohm I mean an answer to that:

"If SI testing the game, why a lot of people faced performance issues on Fm 2020? I know my pc is obsolete but many people had the same issue."

By the way, I have to say again. Denuvo is virus. Denuvo is worm. Denuvo waste of money for companies. Denuvo just hurts customers.

You cannot accept facts, there is no hope for you, your computer is obsolete, no software in the company would help you out with the game not working as intended due to your obsolete hardware. 

I just looked up Denuvo - it's a Digital Rights Management software - if you don't like it then that's tough. Don't use it.

Your ignorance is incredible here. 

25 dakika önce, Smurf said:

You cannot accept facts, there is no hope for you, your computer is obsolete, no software in the company would help you out with the game not working as intended due to your obsolete hardware. 

I just looked up Denuvo - it's a Digital Rights Management software - if you don't like it then that's tough. Don't use it.

Your ignorance is incredible here. 

Haha, you are funny. Like Smurf. :D I might be ignorant but you are definitely a sheep. And there are many sheep on this forum.

6 minutes ago, Blackwolf said:

Haha, you are funny. Like Smurf. :D I might be ignorant but you are definitely a sheep. And there are many sheep on this forum.

I don't know what your point is. 

I've helped you and all you do is insult me. 

Your computer is obsolete. End of discussion.

31 dakika önce, Smurf said:

I don't know what your point is. 

I've helped you and all you do is insult me. 

Your computer is obsolete. End of discussion.

When you called me "ignorant", Isn't it insult me? You started first. No offense. My computer is obsolete. There is no conflict at this point. I said just one thing: the game should be more faster process speed. Thats it. This is not for me. This is not about my pc. When the update comes up, my potato might be doesn't work this game. I don't care. I've said this for everyone.

Look at this video. I think the name is wrong written. It's a Digital Hurts PC Performance:

It's simple logics, running more code takes longer.

Edited by Blackwolf

3 hours ago, Blackwolf said:

When you called me "ignorant", Isn't it insult me? 

Saying someone is ignorant is not an insult in the context I used it. In fact, not knowing what ignorant is is ignorant.

Maybe its a language barrier or something.

Anyway.

@Blackwolfmy laptop has 8gb RAM and 2.1ghz processor clock and I have zero performance issues. I don't think its unfair for @Smurfto tell you it is a problem with your computer and not the game. And just before you decide to tell me i am sheep and only defending SI, this is the first FM I have played for 6 years. SI will test the game on various machines with varying specs, they're not going to test the game on something that doesn't meet the minimum spec requirements though because that is am utterly pointless waste of time.

1 hour ago, danielclouston1 said:

@Blackwolfmy laptop has 8gb RAM and 2.1ghz processor clock and I have zero performance issues. I don't think its unfair for @Smurfto tell you it is a problem with your computer and not the game. And just before you decide to tell me i am sheep and only defending SI, this is the first FM I have played for 6 years. SI will test the game on various machines with varying specs, they're not going to test the game on something that doesn't meet the minimum spec requirements though because that is am utterly pointless waste of time.

Look what I said:

- "...My computer is obsolete. I said just one thing: the game should be more faster process speed. Thats it. This is not for me. This is not about my pc. When the update comes up, my potato might be doesn't work this game. I don't care. I've said this for everyone?"

- "If SI testing the game, why a lot of people faced performance issues on Fm 2020? I know my pc is obsolete but many people had the same issue."

So are you touchy or what? The problem is not my pc. I didn't say anything to you. What is this? Joke or something. The blind leading the blind. Lets talk dude. I listen to you.

Edited by Blackwolf

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

Saying someone is ignorant is not an insult in the context I used it. In fact, not knowing what ignorant is is ignorant.

Maybe its a language barrier or something.

Anyway.

As I said I live in Turkey and this word counted as an insult in my language. Yeah you are right; in fact, not knowing what ignorant is is ignorant.

Anyway. What is your opinion on this video? I didn't see any word about this video on this topic.

Edited by Blackwolf

• SI Staff

I already did but I will do it again as soon as possible.

no need to duplicate will just confuse things, closing this off as its a pointless argument.

• EdL locked this topic