[FM21][MOD] Match Screens Mod

michaeltmurrayuk

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How To Enable Different Views

Most users shouldn't need to edit the xml files to enable different views as I have enabled alternative views where possible so most of the alternative views can be selected in game instead of having to edit the xml files, so these instructions are mainly for advanced users or skinners who want to tweak the views to suit their preferences.

If you have used a previous version of my Match Screen Mods then the code to enable different views is largely the same, however FM21 has changed what files you need to edit.

The files you need to edit are in the panels/match folder and the xml files you want to look for start with the name match touchline tablet slot with different files for different screens;

match touchline tablet slot nep
These two files control the left side of the Match Highlights panel (the bit under the scoreboard). File nep1 controls the top selector and file nep2 controls the bottom one.

match touchline tablet slot ibh
These eight files control the selectors inside the main Touchline Tablet panel and are set out as so;

ibh1    ibh3    ibh5    ibh7
ibh2    ibh4    ibh6    ibh8

match touchline tablet slot htr
This file controls both of the selectors on the Half Time Review Screen.

match touchline tablet slot ftr
This file controls all of the selector panels on both the Full Time Review and Post Match Screens. Also note that whilst the same file controls both of these screens you can set the selected views and panel spits separately on each screen, however one issue is that some information (such as that shown in the Team Analysis panel) will only show on the Full Time Review screen.

To change the default appearance for the various views that you can select in the above files you'll need to locate the code for the panel you want to edit and then locate the type of panel you want to edit.

For example if you wanted to use the Small Formation panel in the Formation widget then it's a case of first locating which of the above files corresponds to the screen and panel you want to adjust (if you want to change it on all panels you'll need to edit each file) then in the corresponding file locate the Formations comment and underneath this comment are two widgets one for the Home/Human side and the other is for the Away/AI side, it's then just a case of modifying the file part of the widget(s) to point to the new file you want to use.

So to switch the Formations over to the small variants locate the below code:

<!-- Formations -->
        <widget class="match_formation_panel" id="hmtt" file="match/
match formation panel review ibh" team_index="0" read_only="true">
            <translation id="title" translation_id="230056" type="use" value="Tactics" />
        </widget>
         <widget class="match_formation_panel" id="amtt" file="match/
match formation panel review ibh" team_index="1" read_only="true">
        </widget>

And change the file part to point to the formation file you want to use;

<!-- Formations -->
        <widget class="match_formation_panel" id="hmtt" file="match/
match formation small panel" team_index="0" read_only="true">
        </widget>
         <widget class="match_formation_panel" id="amtt" file="match/
match formation small panel" team_index="1" read_only="true">
        </widget>

And the game will now use the small formation file instead.

How To Adjust The Size Of The Panels

Thanks to the split container code you can adjust the width and height of most of the panels in-game, however for a couple of items you may need to edit the xml files.

How to Increase the Width of the Touchline Tablet

Whilst the width of the Tablet can be adjusted in-game you may find at certain resolutions you aren't able to maximise the panels width this is due to the fact that the game will only read three default values so I wasn't able to maximise the width for all resolutions, thankfully modifying the width is fairly simple.

The file you need to edit is the match in between highlights panel xml file found in the panels\match folder for the mod.

In that file scroll down to near the bottom where you'll see code that looks like this:

<record>
<flags id="alignment" value="horizontal" />
<integer id="min_value" value="
1360" />
<integer id="max_value" value="1920" />
<symbol id="set_property" value="width" />
<integer id="true_value" value="
1010" />
<integer id="false_value" value="
1010" />
</record>

The min_value and max_value's tell the game if your screen width is within these two values to set the max. width of the tablet to the values contained on the true_valve/false_value lines (not sure what the different between true/false is for this panel so best to set both values to the same value).

So the above example tells the game if your screen width is between 1360 and 1920 pixels the max. width you can set the tablet to is 1010 pixels.

Around this code you'll notice two similar sets of code, above it is the code to set the tablet width when your resolution is below 1360 pixels and below it is the code to set the width when your resolution 1920 or above.

To adjust the width the safest thing to do is edit the values in the middle section - set the min_value ~10 pixels below your resolution, then on the lines above change the max_value to match the min_value you just set.

So for example if your resolution is 1680 pixels wide then for the midle section you'd set min_value of 1670 and in the top section you'd change the max_value to 1670 (so it runs from 0 to 1670).

Now we need to set the max. width of the tablet so what you need to do is take your screen width and deduct 350 from it - as we need to remove the width of the left side Notable Events Panel otherwise that panel won't show.

When you have calculate your max. width enter this value as the true/false value for the middle section of code, so if your resolution was 1680 then your max. width would be 1330.

So the above code should now look something like this:

<record>
<flags id="alignment" value="horizontal" />
<integer id="min_value" value="
1670" />
<integer id="max_value" value="1920" />
<symbol id="set_property" value="width" />
<integer id="true_value" value="
1330" />
<integer id="false_value" value="
1330" />
</record>

Now there is one last step you need to do, if you scroll to the top of the file you'll notice these three lines;

<integer id="TbWs" value="650"/>    <!-- 0 - 1360 -->
<integer id="TbWm" value="
1010"/>    <!-- 1360 - 1920 -->
<integer id="TbWl" value="1560"/>    <!-- 1920 up -->

These are the default widths of the Tablet, and you'll notice there are three values one that corresponds to each section of the previous code we looked at, in this case the one we are interested in is the middle one (TbWm) now change this value to match the true/false value we used before (in this case we'd want to change it to read 1330).

How To Edit the Width of the Notable Events Panel

The width of the Notable Events Panel (which is the panel that appears under the score on the left for the IBH panel) is also controlled by the match in between highlights panel xml file found in the panels\match folder for the mod.

To adjust the width first locate this section of code near the top of the file:

<!-- Notable Events, Match stats -->
<container width="
342">

And just adjust that value to change the width of the panel.

However once you have done that you'll also need to adjust the max and default width for the Touchline Tablet, to do that see the above instructions however in this case you need to deduct the extra width you have added to the notable events panel, so on the default lines at the top deduct the extra value you added from those three values and at the bottom of the file deduct that amount from the true/false values in all three sections (so if you increased the width by 100 deduct 100 from each of the values).

How To Adjust the Width of the Half-Time Review Panels

This screen is controlled by the match mid match review panel xml file found in the panels\match folder for the mod.

In that file locate this line near the top (line #15);

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-1,-1" gap="1" offset="2"/>

Those three numbers in the layout bit control the width of the three panels, the first number is for the Left Panel (Split Containers), the second number is for the Middle Panel (Review) and the last number is for the Right Panel (Advice).

First if you don't understand how the layout code works negative numbers tell the game to split the space by a ratio - so by default they are all set to -1 which tells them all to use the same space (1/3 screen each) and if you set the first value to -2 then the Left Panel would take up half the space (2/4) and the other two panels would take a quarter each (1/4).

In addition you can also use a whole number and this will set the width in pixels, so if you changed the first number to 350 then the Left Panel would have a fixed width of 350 pixels and the other two panels would take up half of the remaining space each. If you changed the values to read "350,-2,-1" then the Left Panel would take up 350 pixels, the Middle panel would take up 2/3's of the remaining space and the Right Panel would take up 1/3.

If you want to hide a panel then you can set the value for that part to 1 and that will in practice hide the panel.

How To Change Kit/Logo & Text Sizes On Overview Screen

I have commented the various files which tells you how to resize and change the items, whilst the file you need to edit is slightly different depending on what panel you are changing;

The main Overview screen is controlled by the match incidents small ibh xml file
The Match Overview screen is controlled by the match incidents left ibh and match incidents right ibh files.
Whilst the bit at the top of the Player Ratings screen is controlled by the match incidents left pmr and match incidents right pmr files.

Information For Skinners

This information is mainly for skinners who want to know how the mod works or for advanced users who only want to use parts of it.

match in between highlights panel - Controls the main highlights panel and sets the width of the Notable Events Panel and Touchline Tablet

match touchline tablet panel nep - Controls the Notable Events Panel which is the left side of the Highlights Panel
match touchline tablet slot nep (1-2) - These two files control the views selectable within the Notable Events Panel.

match touchline tablet panel - Controls the Touchline Tablet, which is the right side of the Highlights Panel.
match touchline tablet slot ibh (1-8) - These eight files control the views selectable with the Touchline Tablet, with each of the Tablet panels being assigned it's own slot ibh file.

Note; both the nep and ibh panels need individual files for each selector panel as they each need unique ids for the states to be correctly remembered, in addition the spilt containers in the tablet panel files also need unique ids for the game to remember the states.

match mid match review panel - Controls the Half-Time Review Panel.
match touchline tablet slot htr - Controls the two selector panels (Left Side) in the HTR Panel.

match full time review panel - Controls both the Full-Time Review and Post-Match Review Panels.
match touchline tablet slot ftr - Controls the eight selector panels in the FTR panel.

Note: The HTR & FTR panels only need one tablet slot file as these are fine using the same ids, though you still need to use unique ids in the selector panels declared in the review files.

match tactics with embedded section tabs panel - Controls the match tactics panels that have the old style header and tabs hidden, all I've done with this file is remove the random padding added.

5 minutes ago, stevemc said:

This is unbelievable work mate, these are the sort of screens that should come with the default game skin and I hope SI take note.

I'm sure I speak for many to say this will improve the match experience of many FM players this year - thank you :applause:

Yes I second this, default screens are pretty nasty and feel disjointed. Much happier using your efforts & definitely more inclined to put some time into the game now.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

30 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

Fantastic Work. Really improves the game. I have noticed onr thing. No matter what formation i play the way the order of the positions is not in any sort of order. I have highlighted what i mean in the red box below. Any ideas

1245048463_VeronavSampdoria_Pitch.thumb.png.f612c008a2cd1ddc4e2f7f95dc27ded5.png

I would say this was in the game even in previous versions and it's due to how you are moving players within your formation in the tactics screen. Example: if you have 4-4-2 and will move one your striker down to the defensive line (or vice versa), it will affect order of players in the line-up during the match in this screen.

____

Thank you, Michael for your great work. It's fantastic and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

11 minutes ago, keysi said:

I would say this was in the game even in previous versions and it's due to how you are moving players within your formation in the tactics screen. Example: if you have 4-4-2 and will move one your striker down to the defensive line (or vice versa), it will affect order of players in the line-up during the match in this screen.

____

Thank you, Michael for your great work. It's fantastic and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Yes mate. You are right. Selected the same formation from the preset tactics and it looks all good. Thanks mate

Yeah player order has been an issue in pretty much every version - you can solve it by using the view that puts the subs on top, the other way to fix it is to remember what order they show on that panel then move the player to an empty space and move the other position to where you want it - move your STC into an unused position (AMC) then move your ML into the STC position and the STC position should now be last, then repeat for the other positions, or loading one of the pre-set formations with the position you want should fix it (you'll just need to set your instructions/roles again) though it will all break again if you swap to a different formation.

I just noticed one thing. I'm currently in December 10, 2020. I opened the already played match (October 18, 2020). Both the same season and the same year. Not even two months between each other.

But when the game loaded the match report, most of the widgets are blank. It feels like the game has no data what is weird. I would understand it will do this year or two after but not 6 weeks. 

obrazek.thumb.png.ee9f6850784d68426671fe455f6a4297.png

This mod is absolutely amazing. It has enhanced my experience of the game so much that I no longer dread having to deal with the UI during matchday.

My problem has shifting from having to look at the dugout section to now deciding which stats to have on display! So many to choose from!

Well done @michaeltmurrayuk :applause:(donation sent)

10 minutes ago, keeper#1 said:

How do I fix this issue?  Please talk to me like I have no idea what I'm doing because I don't.

1678027899_PanelsIssue.thumb.png.71471172062340ec79adfaad0e8b1ca1.png

Drag the outer borders of each box to expand them, like you would with a window on your desktop.

3 hours ago, keysi said:

I just noticed one thing. I'm currently in December 10, 2020. I opened the already played match (October 18, 2020). Both the same season and the same year. Not even two months between each other.

But when the game loaded the match report, most of the widgets are blank. It feels like the game has no data what is weird. I would understand it will do this year or two after but not 6 weeks. 

obrazek.thumb.png.ee9f6850784d68426671fe455f6a4297.png

Try deleting your cache files, I had that happen after the game applied the last patch but couldn't get it happen again after the old cache files were deleted. If it does repeat let me know if it only affects games after a certain time or all matches once the report is loaded. (Though it may be a game issue rather than something I can fix).

Sorry to sound a bit dim, but I've downloaded the file, and your instructions say to put the panels file into the skin folder. There's already a panels folder in there with loads more files for other areas of the game, if I overwrite that folder, will it not delete all the other files? 

This sounded simpler to explain in my head :lol:

Thanks for the hard work as per usual @michaeltmurrayuk ., these panels make the experience far better.  Just a quick question, (no big deal if it cant be done). Is there a way of making the panels a bit more transparent? Also is there a way of making the overview screen(on the right of the pic) fit the whole page and maybe hide the panel on the left. (I've included a screenshot. Thanks :) 

Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 00.40.17.png

Edited by beanos36

8 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Sorry to sound a bit dim, but I've downloaded the file, and your instructions say to put the panels file into the skin folder. There's already a panels folder in there with loads more files for other areas of the game, if I overwrite that folder, will it not delete all the other files? 

This sounded simpler to explain in my head :lol:

I thought the same when I first looked. I ended up putting them in match folder which is inside the panels folder. I'm not sure if this is correct, but it seems to have worked how they should do in my game.

From what I remember I think I put the config file in the panels folder which over wrote the one that was already in there.

If I have done it wrong, please somebody let us know the proper way.

Edited by Fletchdt

It's incredible how these little things really like to reset themselves (size and selector). But i believe it is not due to the mod, as team home page behaves the same every time we come back from preferences (but as it gets fixed next restart, let's hope it is the same for ibh panels)

Anyways, thanks a lot, we now have an easy acces to detailed team stats

8 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Try deleting your cache files, I had that happen after the game applied the last patch but couldn't get it happen again after the old cache files were deleted. If it does repeat let me know if it only affects games after a certain time or all matches once the report is loaded. (Though it may be a game issue rather than something I can fix).

I'm sure I saw the same in the default skin before and after the patch. It works now but only when I load up the match report every time via "watch goals" or "watch key highlights". I don't think it's related to your panels, it's definitely the case of the game itself.

8 horas atrás, beanos36 disse:

Thanks for the hard work as per usual @michaeltmurrayuk ., these panels make the experience far better.  Just a quick question, (no big deal if it cant be done). Is there a way of making the panels a bit more transparent? Also is there a way of making the overview screen(on the right of the pic) fit the whole page and maybe hide the panel on the left. (I've included a screenshot. Thanks :) 

Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 00.40.17.png

How did you managed to have that background picture showing?

3 hours ago, Titou said:

It's incredible how these little things really like to reset themselves (size and selector). But i believe it is not due to the mod, as team home page behaves the same every time we come back from preferences (but as it gets fixed next restart, let's hope it is the same for ibh panels)

Anyways, thanks a lot, we now have an easy acces to detailed team stats

The selectors have been resetting themselves since the Beta on the default skin so definately not the mod.

The resetting of the width of the tablet is due to the coding in the mod but can be adjusted using the instructions in post 3.

2 hours ago, Crb1986 said:

How did you managed to have that background picture showing?

Download @michaeltmurrayuk FM18 matchday backgrounds mod. Extract the client object browser file.xml file from the download and replace the one from your skin. Then edit the file and remove the line 

<record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view -->

that will now show the background stadium pic on matchdays instead of the 2D or 3D pitch. I’m old school so prefer the stadium pics and text only commentary :) 

4 hours ago, Tony Montana said:

when i paused game looks like, can i fix this ?

282169844_FootballManager202123_12.202012_22_30.thumb.png.91b5717a3cc777b05c95b99254a99ef5.png

Click the tablet icon on the bottom right (the icon just above Gutierrez). This should drop all the panels during highlights.

Also great work @michaeltmurrayuk on this. Looks superb. Appreciate the resizing guidelines as well and I was able to get an extra 100 pixels or so of space used up.

3 horas atrás, beanos36 disse:

Download @michaeltmurrayuk FM18 matchday backgrounds mod. Extract the client object browser file.xml file from the download and replace the one from your skin. Then edit the file and remove the line 

<record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view -->

that will now show the background stadium pic on matchdays instead of the 2D or 3D pitch. I’m old school so prefer the stadium pics and text only commentary :) 

Thank you so much :) I used to play in split view. I realize by doing this it does remove the 2d/3d overall. Do you know if there's a way to maintain 2d/3d only on the key moments?

4 minutes ago, Crb1986 said:

Thank you so much :) I used to play in split view. I realize by doing this it does remove the 2d/3d overall. Do you know if there's a way to maintain 2d/3d only on the key moments?

I think you can still keep 2D but I’m not 100% sure but I do think removing that line completely removes the 3D section and trophy presentations

10 minutos atrás, beanos36 disse:

I think you can still keep 2D but I’m not 100% sure but I do think removing that line completely removes the 3D section and trophy presentations

It does remove 2d also. Anyway, it makes it much better than how it was. Thank you so much :)

Thank you a lot @michaeltmurrayuk for this, I was talking about it a few days ago, I like this kind of coincidence! :D

I just have a quick question: the attached image is from your first post, do you think it is possible to change the text color to purple on this panel? Purpleon purple, it's not the most readable thing in the world! ^^'

(besides, your project reassures me that it is impossible to see the Sharpness Icon and the Mistakes Data in the Player Ratings in this FM21 unfortunately... too bad, but at least it's clear and clean!)

leu.PNG