A few questions

Playing FM17 for PC.  I have some high potential players in my reserve system, trying to figure out what to do with them. 

Is it better to leave them in the reserve and youth development system, playing and training but not getting first team experience ? Or is it better to try and loan them all out for first team experience which could weaken my reserves team?

Also, I'd like to sign some extra players for the reserves team, how the heck do I do that and not get a low transfer grade when the player signs?  In every version of FM I've played it seems like I always get a low grade when I sign that 2 star talent recruit for my reserve team, because the game thinks I'm signing him for my first team.

18 minutes ago, sportsfanmas said:

Playing FM17 for PC.  I have some high potential players in my reserve system, trying to figure out what to do with them. 

Is it better to leave them in the reserve and youth development system, playing and training but not getting first team experience ? Or is it better to try and loan them all out for first team experience which could weaken my reserves team?

Also, I'd like to sign some extra players for the reserves team, how the heck do I do that and not get a low transfer grade when the player signs?  In every version of FM I've played it seems like I always get a low grade when I sign that 2 star talent recruit for my reserve team, because the game thinks I'm signing him for my first team.

Leave them in the youth team until they're 18, if they're early peakers you can always give them some minutes in the first team during that time. Until they get 18, they benefit more from good training facilities than match experience. From 18 onwards, match experience gets more important and you should look to play them, either in your own team or at a level that is appropriate for the skill they have at that point.