Enforcing a european salary cap

Posted (edited)

I don't know if touching the currencies can influence the finances... Maybe by giving them all the same exchange rate along with everything else we've already talked about.

Devise.JPG

Edited by Samuel77
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exchange rate can help. Making them the same is not the way to go I think. I have considered changing all nations back to their pre-2002 currency in the Iron Curtain, but not sure about the effects.

Also, you really don't want to set the Turkish lira the same as the British pound :D

Haha! 

No, but I was thinking of reducing it for, say, countries that spend "too much".

It might be fun to reverse the order of things :lol:

8 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

Haha! 

No, but I was thinking of reducing it for, say, countries that spend "too much".

It might be fun to reverse the order of things :lol:

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Foreign transfers should be hit by that.

Maybe I should do a setup like that.

I did do something like this even make 1 Euro equal to £1 did make a slight difference 

surely weakening the pound would sort out the dominance of the EPL pretty quickly rather than doing all the other things we have tried and then that should also help with EPL not signing so many overseas players ...cant believe I overlooked this :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

surely weakening the pound would sort out the dominance of the EPL pretty quickly rather than doing all the other things we have tried and then that should also help with EPL not signing so many overseas players ...cant believe I overlooked this :rolleyes:

Same way here, but I got too much into 1988 mode which made me rethink doing all those currencies.

They will. Whether you use Euros, Francs or something, there will be some difference. You could create tiers with it. Pound extremely expensive, next level German Mark, French Franc, Spanish Peseta, Italian Lire, and then the rest. So transfers would be tiered that way as well.

OK thanks!
Since everything is based on the Pound Sterling can we lower it? I'm stuck on this, if we lower the Pound Sterling then we lower the other currencies? If so, wouldn't it be better to increase the others or even combine the two, lower the Pound Sterling and increase the others in order to balance everything out?

Pound Sterling is the base currency, so if you want to change everything, the best is to change the Pound Sterling. If you just want to change specific countries and leave others alone, you can better do the other nations and leave the Pound at 1.00

For a test I have set the Euro at 1.02, instead of 1.16 as 1.02 was the lowest Pound value I could find (2008 during the Financial Crisis), but I am pretty sure I am going to ruin the pound.

Lower ;)

First want to see the effect.

But the idea of tiers is also still playing in my head.

:thup:

I'm launching a test where I've reviewed everything we've seen with 3 categories of teams (Top, Medium, Low) here are some screenshots. Everything is standardized to see where the gaps are widening.

Révélation

SponsValue.JPG.d257300acaf22433935f39a3f6c72e54.JPG

TransValue.JPG.583ecd028a4478edd95547efd0c2f461.JPG

WageValue.JPG.79fd6b3206ae81c43b78fe240b7438ee.JPG

RepClub.JPG.09a7e87ea1cbfd35be7a42cfae0bccab.JPG

RepChamp.JPG.76440b663580d0e25a8c62e961e66fc4.JPG

It doesn't work the way I want it to, in France or Italy it's fine but the English teams and some of the other teams are getting out of hand quickly.

I can't find out where their money comes from... So unfortunately I'm going to go on a case by case basis rather than a mass treatment.

Posted (edited)

I ran a test in the editor with England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands and Scotland and UCL.
I haven't touched anything to see how it works.

UCL:
-Each year the winner earns about 123M

Révélation

1696072206_UCL21.thumb.png.13b5cd846ac105825f0d3119b7d9d757.png

Premier League :
-In 2020 the winner earns 70M
-In 2027 the winner earns 170M
-Each PL participant earns about 90M TV

Révélation

1331702740_PL20.thumb.png.0cf095db3739ddb596709276df9e2f49.png

1459759803_PL27.thumb.png.f1b41fc234727701938585e2e5588945.png

LaLiga:
-From the second year onwards the winner earns about 155M (note that it is not really the winner who earns the mos

Révélation

Liga21.thumb.png.a866b8bfe195a61efe4c8bf07c98e67b.png

Liga27.thumb.png.871c676c57100aa6a420b86ec084e635.png

Bundesliga:
-Each year the winner earns about 110M

Révélation

Bund27.thumb.png.91251b153b4016f6a40f7f3e72795b3d.png

Serie A:

-The winner earns about 170M 

Révélation

89297404_SA25.thumb.png.413d11c455c48896bcbaf1fa254f7952.png

Ligue 1:
-In 2020 the winner earns 21M
-From 2021 the winner earns about 50M before dropping back down to 2025

Révélation

94018938_L120.thumb.png.71e92e75effd97d1eb2bdda100e2a276.png

958995726_L127.thumb.png.7915d991cb0a810434d2186888c5b425.png

Eredivise: 
-The winner earns about 10M

Révélation

991328470_Ere22.thumb.png.c47d3ebec65f17ee8ccc9062ac3e863e.png

Scottish Premier League:
-Winner earns around 3M

Révélation

1286315356_SCO22.thumb.png.6c2b8694f5f22ee97799d024e5b34909.png

To this must be added the sponsors and the balance of each club.
As you can see, there is a huge gap between the leagues.

Edited by Samuel77

my chance to test is on hold, but I was seeing benefits in having teams on the same sponsorship deals

I have also have the same prize money/tv money throughout the top leagues 

also setting those elites rep to be much lower too

Well, I have found an extra solution for my problem.

As some of the richer teams also have debt at the same time, I have decided to help them offload that debt. It only means their balance gets lowered with the same amount :D

Debt doesn't really have a role for the big teams, does it? I mean, whenever you change anything in there, it looks like the game looks at it and says 'oh, but we will rework it in something much lighter rightaway!'

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Well, I have found an extra solution for my problem.

As some of the richer teams also have debt at the same time, I have decided to help them offload that debt. It only means their balance gets lowered with the same amount :D

Debt doesn't really have a role for the big teams, does it? I mean, whenever you change anything in there, it looks like the game looks at it and says 'oh, but we will rework it in something much lighter rightaway!'

too true I have tried even using an IGE to saddle more debt and or putting in administration very quickly their debt is re financed to being lower in theory as it is spread over a longer period so they come out better than before

if I understand the first point lower the debt= lowering the balance too? amazing that

31 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

if I understand the first point lower the debt= lowering the balance too? amazing that

No, that's what I do. I relieve them from their debt, but by removing balance. Bringing back English football back to the late 80's dark ages :D

Posted (edited)
On 05/06/2021 at 08:53, Wolf_pd said:

No, that's what I do. I relieve them from their debt, but by removing balance. Bringing back English football back to the late 80's dark ages :D

All for that the game seems  massively loaded towards the EPL so addressing that is the priority if we want a fairer playing field :cool:

Edited by Roy Race 9
5 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

All for that the game seems  massively loaded towards the EPL so addressing that is the priority if we a fairer playing field :cool:

It is geared towards the EPL as the EPL is overloaded with money. Seeing the results of the last few years it does make sense. The only team that goes against FM logic for most of the times is PSG. PSG should have won more based on the FM money scale.

I noticed something interesting, in the editor I reduced the PL winnings considerably (70M for the winner) and by running a test in the editor the UCL winnings go from 120M to 100M without me touching it. It would seem that this is a mechanism where everything is linked, ideally we should find out what determines the amount of sponsors.

4 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

I noticed something interesting, in the editor I reduced the PL winnings considerably (70M for the winner) and by running a test in the editor the UCL winnings go from 120M to 100M without me touching it. It would seem that this is a mechanism where everything is linked, ideally we should find out what determines the amount of sponsors.

Oooh, that's interesting! Also, I need to look at those winnings.

On 06/06/2021 at 15:56, Samuel77 said:

that is very interesting as I set up own files for UCL etc so wont see that happening I suppose

I don't know, it's tests in the editor itself and not in-game.

But I wonder what would happen if we delete the UCL or just create a new one with a new ID.

I admit I'm fumbling, I have no lasting results on finances, the only ones that work are extreme :D but I can't find a balance.

@Wolf_pd sure previously you mentioned using the transfer window dates as a way to limit the number of foreign signings /free transfers only etc 

just about to have a play with this and wondering if you can show what you have it set up as please

I presume these are league rules[0-5 etc] rather than being set to specific clubs ? eg you can impose the EPL can only make domestic signings during the January window rather than stipulating individual clubs 

cheers

I haven't implemented those as it was merely an idea. The idea is to set up one transfer window in the summer, between seasons and then set specific periods for specific types of transfers, like in in below example (period have not been edited there)

image.png.cb681a8b5bf30d30f4e5977be8b9eb30.png

got you thanks:thup:

I have had a look at it, it is as suggested above limited to leagues rather than individual/specific teams as I want the elites to get the restrictions and allow the other clubs to carry on as normal and therefore close the gap even more 

I may well put a limit on the January window though like the idea of no foreign transfers there so makes clubs do their overseas signings in the summer and any tweaks in january have to come from the domestic market  

There are two more things I am looking at. Loan rules, so no more team farms. I am not sure what the respons of the game will be when you limit/abolish loans. The other one that looked interesting, but would need some extra study is to release players that haven't been registered. But the question is whether that rule works in a system where Second/U19 teams are allowed. Shove everything into second/U19 and you're done.

I don't have the editor in front of me but it is possible to prohibit or limit the number of B team players from taking part in first team matches. That plus limiting the age of players registered in the B/U19 team can have an impact I guess.

Or else apply this rule also to the B teams so that they also release their excess players.

16 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

There are two more things I am looking at. Loan rules, so no more team farms. I am not sure what the respons of the game will be when you limit/abolish loans. The other one that looked interesting, but would need some extra study is to release players that haven't been registered. But the question is whether that rule works in a system where Second/U19 teams are allowed. Shove everything into second/U19 and you're done.

that would result in teams having to develop their own youth and stop big clubs signing lots of players[especially young prospects] and not using them/loaning out  in an attempt to stop a rival/s signing them so thats a great idea IMO

12 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

I don't have the editor in front of me but it is possible to prohibit or limit the number of B team players from taking part in first team matches. That plus limiting the age of players registered in the B/U19 team can have an impact I guess.

Or else apply this rule also to the B teams so that they also release their excess players.

yes you can limit the number of B players etc IIRC

you can set rules here

34c6daf405af0ab880a76e87d4bf4c63.png

and match day rules too here regarding how many B team players can be in match squad

f03351a452f6637a95ed9f6397f5b7da.png

Edited by Roy Race 9
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a quick skim through this but I couldn't find an answer (Apologies if I missed it). 

Squad selection rules. In the CPL, when registering a squad, you can't exceed $11.5k a week in wages for the registered 23 players. How do you implement something like that in the editor? 

@Wolf_pd

Hi

did you settle on the tax levels I have played around with most things just want to get that sorted and I should be good to go really would be interested to see what you settled on

cheers

5 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

@Wolf_pd

Hi

did you settle on the tax levels I have played around with most things just want to get that sorted and I should be good to go really would be interested to see what you settled on

cheers

I left them out in the end. The effect was minimal and the overall pruning of cash flows was much more visibly effective.

12 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I left them out in the end. The effect was minimal and the overall pruning of cash flows was much more visibly effective.

I am glad its not just me then as on several sims I didnt see major improvement really 

I will probably just implement the same tax rates across the board for most nations to get that balanced fairness ..hopefully:)