Enforcing a european salary cap

Xander2000

Yup, that sugar daddy take over is also on my list to weed out. Takes some time, but at least it does what I want, back to the 80's :D

Working through the higher end money teams is madness though. It gives a good idea how inflated some of the amounts are. I mean 180M for a training ground? That's nonsense and just another way of letting money flow to the team without making it 'dependent on one income'.

I have worked on the taxes setting up the following scheme

• 0 - 300,000 20%
  • 300,000 - 500,000 25%
  • 500,000 - 1,000,000 30%
  • 1,000,000 - 2,000,000 40%
  • 2,000,000 - 5,000,000 60%
  • 5,000,000 - infinity 80%

What is interesting to see, is that nations where the base tax level is higher (say between 30 and 35%) and the taxation starts with 0 - 1,000,000 30% the effect is a whole lot stronger. You suddenly see more variation in the teams playing in the European Cups.

Anyway, back to pruning the millions. The Sjeiks will not like that I am sending their money back.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some questions that may be stupid...

1) Does the corporate tax only apply to sponsors or does it also include revenue from competition wins or even player sales?

2) Is it per month or per year?

I also think that a high tax on big salaries might encourage clubs not to offer such big salaries.

Do you know if there is a tax that could be applied on the transfer amount for the buying club?

I am also looking for a way to level the gap between the "big" and the "small". I think it's good that some clubs are more powerful than others but the gap is too big, I'm not looking to destroy it but to reduce it considerably.

24 minutes ago, Samuel77 said:

I also think that a high tax on big salaries might encourage clubs not to offer such big salaries.

Do you know if there is a tax that could be applied on the transfer amount for the buying club?

There is a tax on high wages, and there is a transfer tax, but I don't know if that is ingoing or outgoing transfers.

For salaries I knew it (it would be good to standardize it to all nations) for transfers I didn't know it, that's good to know :thup:

I think it changes a lot if the corporate tax also applies to victory bonuses and transfers, it could delay the emergence of new clubs (?)

4 minutes ago, Samuel77 said:

For salaries I knew it (it would be good to standardize it to all nations) for transfers I didn't know it, that's good to know :thup:

I think it changes a lot if the corporate tax also applies to victory bonuses and transfers, it could delay the emergence of new clubs (?)

That's why I use tax scales, the more you earn, the harder you get hit.

@Wolf_pd yes mate we are defo doing the same thing interesting with the different bands for 'super tax' I only went with 2 options but may well go with your set up

FYI as I see it the transfer tax seems to hit the selling clubs only so IMO totally unfair eg a small club gets its best player taken by a big club the reward is an extra tax:herman:

would be interested to see your tax scales you are using and are you doing this for all nations or just the top leagues, my plan was just to target the top leagues what I have seen in my sims is the Eredivisie/Scottish Prem/Liga Nos really coming to the fore -

I also use the old UEFA set up too [just league winners in UCL etc] and with my ban on the dirty dozen the winners of the UCL have been Celtic/Dortmund/Atalanta/Ajax/Seville/Zenit/ Leicester with Malmo/SBL in finals 

@Samuel77 yes these tax changes are basic rule editing and can be done as one file for as many nations as you wish you could in theory mass edit all European nations/World to have the same set up

NB I have a high end self built PC which in previous versions would mass edit 1000s of changes in seconds, this version it is dreadful for mass editing anything just over a 100 only can freeze the app and take 30 mins to do

so just be aware if you are going  down this route

Edited by Roy Race 9

Will post them later on. I am considering tightening them a bit, but it is also still needed to reign the huge money spending.

I took 590M away (changed to 10M for other income) and spending just stops in the first season. Tottenham wins the PL (a bit unrealistic ;) ) Then (probably CL winnings and saving) comes in and they spend 200M the next season and are back op top again (first season end up in fifth even!). I need to run a few England based test to see the exact money flows, so I can see where that 200M spending spree the next few seasons comes from. The transfer history is like this

• 20/21 260M Out, 17M In
  • 21/22 170M Out, 26M In
  • 22/23 215 Out, 91M In
  • 23/24 64M Out, 50M In
  • 24/26 169M out, 49M In

So, somewhere they are able to reel in 645M....., or an average of 100M per season (this is counting the 19/20 season as well).

If I have Man City fixed, the rest should be easy.

15 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Will post them later on. I am considering tightening them a bit, but it is also still needed to reign the huge money spending.

I took 590M away (changed to 10M for other income) and spending just stops in the first season. Tottenham wins the PL (a bit unrealistic ;) ) Then (probably CL winnings and saving) comes in and they spend 200M the next season and are back op top again (first season end up in fifth even!). I need to run a few England based test to see the exact money flows, so I can see where that 200M spending spree the next few seasons comes from. The transfer history is like this

• 20/21 260M Out, 17M In
  • 21/22 170M Out, 26M In
  • 22/23 215 Out, 91M In
  • 23/24 64M Out, 50M In
  • 24/26 169M out, 49M In

So, somewhere they are able to reel in 645M....., or an average of 100M per season (this is counting the 19/20 season as well).

If I have Man City fixed, the rest should be easy.

thats good news pity we couldnt fix this for real- simply appalling EPL account for nearly 50% of all global transfer spend last year UEFA/FIFA grow a pair and sort it out not give them more money 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/20/english-clubs-transfer-spending-uefa-report-warning

I have played around with giving all teams in EPL the same sponsorship deals and fixed

however after a few seasons the 'elite' are still managing to get better deals even though they should be fixed

also worth a check on their overall debts, also noticed what I have seen before the debts get re financed and far less is owing its a conspiracy I say:D

Game reputation is part of it. It is the same if you grow your club in stature, you get better deals. But somewhere there is a nation related sponsorship list as well it seems. Well, there is, but it is empty for England, so probably populated from the reputation.

The thing though, what I am starting to see with added taxation and these lower incomes is that you see a wider range of champions in the big 5 nations, so that's good.

I will check this weekend what putting in numbers in the sponsorship list does for a team without sponsorship (Man City, you are soooo not going to like me :D ). The list 0-200, so I assume that can be recalculated to 0-10000 reputation points easily.

Right, some interestint things to report. I have removed all income for Man City.

First season, they end up in sixth, second season in fourth, third season in first.

However, the interesting bit you start to see is that first season, no transfers, second season, about 240 In and 20 out, third season 214 in and 63 out. It looks like they have to balance their finances!

And more importantly, it is supported by the fact that they went from RICH to SECURE finances.

So, in my quest for balance, I will need to look at the team balances as well. Teams can keep splashing money if their balance is (like for Man City) 400M.

8 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

thats good news pity we couldnt fix this for real- simply appalling EPL account for nearly 50% of all global transfer spend last year UEFA/FIFA grow a pair and sort it out not give them more money 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/20/english-clubs-transfer-spending-uefa-report-warning

I have played around with giving all teams in EPL the same sponsorship deals and fixed

however after a few seasons the 'elite' are still managing to get better deals even though they should be fixed

also worth a check on their overall debts, also noticed what I have seen before the debts get re financed and far less is owing its a conspiracy I say:D

What I am seeing untill now (oktober) 2026 is that the in- and outflow of money is getting more and more balanced. However, as you said, the bigger teams do get new deals, since I am seeing Man City still spending much more than should be possible on the amount I have put in. I will run a test with no sponsorship and see if that changes anything (10M shouldn't do much tbh), but from what I see, the best thing to do would be just to remove all money for those big teams :D and then let the game repopulate.

Edit: Instead of removing, setting everything to 1 could do the trick. For teams in smaller competitions setting it to 'average' values like you did would be good, but for the big 5 I think resetting them would be best.

Also, I need to check the TV money values to see if the big money is still come from there. But I think I am close to my solution and to cause some upheaval in football land.

To be honest, I could make this my job, finding out how the editor works. Too bad Man City's bank account would allow me that, but mine doesn't :D

No. What I did was take away all income for Man City. Set sponsorship for the high level teams at 10M a year (but I am not sure if that part of the editor actually does something).

After that, it looks like the game is using the balance (400M) of Man City to keep buying players, but because the balance goes down the spending gets less and less. This is similar to what Roy Race 9 says that removed sponsorships gets replaced, but it looks like it is less than those bloated amounts. What is weird is that it essentially could mean for my mod, that I have to remove all income from the English Premier League :D and a few other nations and then things should become much more balanced, because teams have to rely on the cash they have instead of the massive influx. Taking a team from the Premier League in the Iron Curtain is then still interesting as you have teambuild much more consciencely, Do you sell for profit and extra transfercash, do you spend for results, but accept that you can't spend that much the next season or do you keep your money balanced. It's a much better thing than the spending craze that you see these days. Funny that ultimately cleaning house would be the best solution.

I don't know if adding debt in the long term will also influence this. I managed to block salaries at a certain level for transfers which is already good (e.g. Pogba now earns 160 per week) but there are still clubs that spend 200M in the transfer market (e.g. Paris, Burnley!?!)

I've put the 12 in debt and out of transfers so for the moment they're not a problem. But I think that's too extreme :lol:

I'm still looking for the right formula! I'll try to use what you said. Ideally I'd like to have everything on one file so it doesn't just apply to the selected league.

Edited by Samuel77

2 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

I'm still looking for the right formula! I'll try to use what you said. Ideally I'd like to have everything on one file so it doesn't just apply to the selected league.

I am doing the same. The important bit here is also that it is easier to edit everything in one file, so you can compare teams better over different nations. For me also, after every edit I need to veirfy the rules and that takes too much time to my liking.

Yes and moreover I sometimes have the impression that the same rules are different from one country to another (I know it's not a logical sentence) I've noticed that especially on the number of foreign players allowed. It forces you to check country by country and it's long! Succeeding in centralizing everything would allow to go faster and I hope to act on all the leagues and not only the ones we select.

38 minutes ago, Samuel77 said:

Yes and moreover I sometimes have the impression that the same rules are different from one country to another (I know it's not a logical sentence) I've noticed that especially on the number of foreign players allowed. It forces you to check country by country and it's long! Succeeding in centralizing everything would allow to go faster and I hope to act on all the leagues and not only the ones we select.

Agreed. If it comes to foreign player rules, you have to do it file by file, but other changes, mainly data are best kept together in one file. I have not done that, because I have 5 'main countries' which have a lot of changes, but future projects will get a slightly different approach. Competition building should be done in one file, but things like renaming cities, club and changing stadiums, keep it together, It is easier to keep track that way and file order isn't a thing. Luckily I have a big change list, so I know for next time what to move to the 'general data' file and what to do in the competion files.

Anyway, I have testrun running now which is showing results like 3-1 on aggregate for an European Cup game round for teams like Bayern, Barcelona and such. That Bayern wins is not an issue, but the 3-1 scoreline is something I like a lot. They can still be stronger, but butchering the opposition is not the way.

@Wolf_pd @Samuel77

really good feedback here:thup: and some interesting options some I have tried previously but didnt probably sim for long enough[re sim are you running the game from the normal start dates in holiday mode or are you using a custom start date as I find the later not so good eg transfers if you start say several years in advance]

with the general sponsorship option via the nation- every one I checked are blank as you say

afd748fd175ac8af60f60bf19c9d10b1.png

also dont reduce the wages this back fires big time on my sims in that the elites can now afford to pay the best players less thus generating more ++ balance and so able to buy more players so gap gets worse

b068a712b59e61a16afea5d152f21add.png

perhaps something could be done with weekly wages/transfer values so that it becomes more level ? thus stopping a player say leaving Holland/Portugal for bigger wages to at the other leagues when they would be pai roughly the same

on a side note I have also reduced the reputation of the this top sides so there are a batch of clubs in the top 7000s low 8000s now so once again trying to negate the need for players to go to perceived bigger clubs

as stated by Wolf I am seeing different clubs winning leagues now

052f1916e9fb2fb6b52f16dae8d9cb9b.jpg

d56dc90a6db0685e5e6f5cc6ebffc7ad.jpg

On the first three years I have something interesting on 5 countries:

-for all countries I copied/pasted the tax rules from Germany (England, Spain, Italy and France)

-For the rich clubs I have copied/pasted the sponsors and checked the first 4 boxes of finances>general of Olympique Lyonnais.

-For City and PSG I have also removed the Sugar Daddy.

At the moment the craziest are spending 100M on the transfer market.

Nevertheless I think it should be done on a case by case basis. For example Real and Barcelona seem to be more favoured than the others. PSG are in trouble from the start. In the third season it seems that City are also starting to suffer.

I think that reducing sponsors and especially the wage budget has a significant impact as it forces clubs to dip into their reserves.

Edited by Samuel77

One other thing I am thinking about is limiting team size. This won't necessarily stop spending, but it makes it harder to hoard players. I haven't tested it out yet as there is something saying I am missing something to make that limit a better rule.

Il y a 7 heures, Wolf_pd a dit :

Did you edit the balance as well?

Yes I did

132997701_BudgetLyon.JPG.2f2e5f2cfbca96e9ea05dc61d7f52988.JPG

Il y a 1 heure, Wolf_pd a dit :

One other thing I am thinking about is limiting team size. This won't necessarily stop spending, but it makes it harder to hoard players. I haven't tested it out yet as there is something saying I am missing something to make that limit a better rule.

In my tests it limits the number of registered players but I don't feel that it stops clubs from having more than the maximum amount. They are there but they don't play, but it makes them want to leave the club to play more.
It's a good lever to encourage transfers. That plus a limited number of places for foreign players changes the face of European football in FM.

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

it would be great if there were more options here to limit the amount of total signings in a season[not just players from abroad/non EU] even make it that clubs/leagues cant sign x amount of players U21 so they cant scoop up all the young talent either 

would also prefer  it set up for leagues and/or specific clubs for  all those rules too

36e7ccf4d5c8bab4156c0d001425b1e2.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

Yes I did

132997701_BudgetLyon.JPG.2f2e5f2cfbca96e9ea05dc61d7f52988.JPG

In my tests it limits the number of registered players but I don't feel that it stops clubs from having more than the maximum amount. They are there but they don't play, but it makes them want to leave the club to play more.
It's a good lever to encourage transfers. That plus a limited number of places for foreign players changes the face of European football in FM.

yes I have set all the top leagues to have 8-10 same nation players[even done many others of the mid ranked nations too] in match squad rules, and the elites to have only 1 non EU player, also at least 1 same nation GK in match squad

NB I use match day rules as I find once again that the overall squad selection rules is bugged as it has been for a few years[eg teams like Leicester submit 16 players leaving out Tielemans Vardy for the season even though they are under any punishments to have a reduced the squad size and the players are not banned/injured and squad rules are set to max 25 players min 20]

the result is as you say - leagues in Portugal Holland become really strong as they are keeping hold of players that would have gone to 'bigger' leagues before

the nation to improve most in my sims though is Scotland:thup: with them now buying players from EPL clubs:brock:

Edited by Roy Race 9

Il y a 2 heures, Roy Race 9 a dit :

I use match day rules as I find once again that the overall squad selection rules is bugged

Yes, that's what I thought, but I thought I was making a mistake :lol:

it would be great if there were more options here to limit the amount of total signings in a season

I found these things that go in this direction but I only used the first one.

728419424_Transferlimit.thumb.png.4aff174bd2006ef8c4e986bbd0eacd7d.png

1728806368_MaxPlayer.thumb.png.3f250f84c582aa42fbd4e44d749d77a1.png

make it that clubs/leagues cant sign x amount of players U21 so they cant scoop up all the young talent either 

Agreed again!
It would allow the training club to benefit from their work for a few years. It is possible to do it per club but it is extreme. Brazil has this rule but it seems to me that it is hard coded.

Embargo.thumb.png.b1cd73e37157159bef7331a80f4d6334.png

About setting a maximum limit of players per team I found this but I'm not sure what it means. I have tried it but nothing special is happening.

Waived.thumb.png.48230259b206da5425d71c24b90186ca.png

Well I'm sorry I think I'm completely off topic... Sorry :ackter:

Edited by Samuel77

We are discussing a European salary cap and how to balance the game. Squad management is a perfect example of that. I am probably not going to use your suggestions in the Iron Curtain, but have noted them for future projects. :D

A few games back I tried something where you couldn't sign players under the age of 21. I think I made a mistake there since after that there were almost no transfers between nations. The transfer rules work well in that regard, keeping Eastern European players in their nations goes like I want it to go (the human player can cheat, but that's well, their problem).

I have intentionally set both squad rules and match rules on max 3 foreign players as I agree the rule doesn't work well for squads. It does work on occassion, but it is almost a team by team occurence.
What is noticeable is that less foreign players means more balance. In that sense, you can clearly see that where West Germany allowed for two foreign players, just like Spain and Italy, they are less likely to win the European Cups, while England and France with three are very much more there, just like Portugal (who have an added bonus rule that Brazilian can freely travel to Portugal, so they end up with the Brazilian talents).

Seeing from your screenshots, I need to deep dive a bit more in the transfer stuff, but that's for later use.

@Samuel77 some great ideas there mate and fully on topic IMO:D

all the years of complex advanced editing I have undertaken re creating comps etc and its the first time I have seen this I honestly havent considered that an option:idiot:

728419424_Transferlimit.thumb.png.4aff174bd2006ef8c4e986bbd0eacd7d.png

@Wolf_pd re stopping U21 transfers was that via the Nation transfer preferences, if so I did this too in FM19 IIRC and the same result it almost stopped all transfers rather than just younger players

0378b8fdf609d5ccf81b875c0f8b6d93.png

11 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

stopping U21 transfers was that via the Nation transfer preferences, if so I did this too in FM19 IIRC and the same result it almost stopped all transfers rather than just younger players

Yes, it was via U21 transfers. Setting different ages would work, but for some reason 21 give issues.

7 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Yes, it was via U21 transfers. Setting different ages would work, but for some reason 21 give issues.

I used 21 so you think using U20 etc should address this ? but the only draw back is its the whole nation and I dont want to stop lower leagues buying so I will probably not go down that route

Il y a 3 heures, Roy Race 9 a dit :

all the years of complex advanced editing I have undertaken re creating comps etc and its the first time I have seen this I honestly havent considered that an option:idiot:

There are so many options in the editor that sometimes you skip over them without noticing. :lol:

I'm starting to get some results on transfers. Touching the balance, salary limits, transfer budgets and sponsors. Some teams are still recruiting for large sums of money but at the same time they are selling a lot. So there is a lot of movement in both directions.

I'm now trying the same thing but with foreign player restrictions to see what the result is.

Edited by Samuel77

There is a factor that determines the money the team gets whatever you remove, so that's probably something that is based on either reputation or competition, or both. Probably tickets are included there as well, as you don't see that back in the income page. But I wonder whether the owner has something to do with as well. Chelsea has a hard time since I send Abramovich back to the Soviet Union. So I have a new avenue to research, Man City and PSG are still quite strong and both happen to have oil-money owners.

I do think that the reputation of some clubs and leagues should be reduced or maybe there is barcodes rules...

As far as I'm concerned, PSG is no longer sovereign in France :thup:

I have a question that concerns Bosman, by taking all the countries out of the European agreements, France and Spain are clearly impacted, but Italy is not at all and neither is Germany apparently... Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel Bosman without changing the championships?

Edited by Samuel77

Yes I know but I am trying to do it without changing the advenced rules. In agreements I remove the countries from the European Union but it doesn't work on all of them.

The idea would be to eradicate this agreement in game without having to activate all the leagues.

On 26/05/2021 at 00:03, Wolf_pd said:

There is a factor that determines the money the team gets whatever you remove, so that's probably something that is based on either reputation or competition, or both. Probably tickets are included there as well, as you don't see that back in the income page. But I wonder whether the owner has something to do with as well. Chelsea has a hard time since I send Abramovich back to the Soviet Union. So I have a new avenue to research, Man City and PSG are still quite strong and both happen to have oil-money owners.

On 26/05/2021 at 03:35, Samuel77 said:

I do think that the reputation of some clubs and leagues should be reduced or maybe there is barcodes rules...

As far as I'm concerned, PSG is no longer sovereign in France :thup:

I have a question that concerns Bosman, by taking all the countries out of the European agreements, France and Spain are clearly impacted, but Italy is not at all and neither is Germany apparently... Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel Bosman without changing the championships?

I have reduced the rep of the EPL + la Liga and made them roughly the same as the other top 5 leagues and increased the next 'tier' - Holland Portugal etc 

also reduced the rep of the elite clubs so there is a batch now on the same level as eg BVB 

along with having more stringent same nation player match day rules the results are very promising in that players are staying in the countries like Holland as there is no need to move to a slightly better league for the same wages at a club rated roughly the same:thup:

next thing I will try is changing those sponsorship amounts for a nation to be very similar along with the same tax rules etc etc I think I will be close to the DB I am looking for

On 26/05/2021 at 04:38, Wolf_pd said:

On 26/05/2021 at 05:08, Samuel77 said:

what are you 2 doing with the sponsorship deals?

was thinking of actually giving more lower down the rep range so in theory those clubs could have a better chance to close the gap with the higher rated clubs? or just make it very little difference between the top/bottom ratings

what are your thoughts on this

cheers

1beefdae6b851b3112ec79de4806b407.png

5 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

I found a country where the boxes are filled in and the sums are more like salaries, so I have my doubts... It looks like players' CAs.

yes those options look bizarre and player ranges

clubs should be 1-10000?

but in France

those certainly are not player wages :D

but are they yearly totals max for all possible deals ? or max amount for a sponsorship deal?

and I suppose the 191-200 range is a club rated between 9000-10000 etc?

05a9071a84fe27f457fcd742217f5643.png

Yeah, that's why my expectation would be.

On my side, mixed result. I changed some stuff in finances which seemed to work well. Then I lowered Man Citys reputation and suddenly it looks like there is more transfer action, weirdly enough. Previous test showed no action in the first season, now they are buying foreign players.

So I am retesting without those edited files to see if I just missed something in earlier tests or this is something new.

Edit: This looks to be something that happens based on my financial edits, which is weird..... So I will turn back that reputation change and see if that one change made such a difference.

Ok, what seems to happen is that if I edit the finances, certain personell, like chairman or owner, no issues. Game reacts as usual

However, when I change the reputation of the team, suddenly an influx of foreign players can be seen. No idea why, because the reputation gets lower. So that's a weird one indeed.

Only changes left to check on are the tv-fees (80M a year will go down to at least 40M) and the Premier League reputation. After that it is editing everything into oblivion.

On a sidenote, in a new project I really will implement some of the things you have found, very interesting to see how the game can be manipulated, even with the huge amount of money going around.

Il y a 5 heures, Roy Race 9 a dit :

those certainly are not player wages :D

Haha sure :lol:

Il y a 2 heures, Wolf_pd a dit :

Then I lowered Man Citys reputation and suddenly it looks like there is more transfer action, weirdly enough. Previous test showed no action in the first season, now they are buying foreign players.

Maybe the players in England are too expensive.

I have also changed the value of transfers and the value of wages and both are going down significantly. I have noticed that with these changes teams are still investing heavily (for some) but every two years as if to balance... I also noticed that the winning teams (Nat, Cont.) must be getting big (too much) rewards as the next year they invest.

This has the effect of :

-Transfers value

-Weekly Wage Value

-Balance

-Base salary

-Remaining salary

-Debt

-Reputation (clubs/Comp)

-Other income

-Bosman

I am looking for a way to remove Bosman without having to intervene directly in the rules of each country.

For all this maybe it happens upstream, in Editor Comp or something? In any case in Basic Comp there are only Basic rules as its name indicates... (Number of teams, substitutes, etc but no team selection, rewards or anything else) I'll try to dig into that.

Edited by Samuel77

Interesting suggestion.

I have done some tests while working and will take that one into account.

12 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

Haha sure :lol:

I have also changed the value of transfers and the value of wages and both are going down significantly. I have noticed that with these changes teams are still investing heavily (for some) but every two years as if to balance... I also noticed that the winning teams (Nat, Cont.) must be getting big (too much) rewards as the next year they invest.

This has the effect of :

-Transfers value

-Weekly Wage Value

-Balance

-Base salary

-Remaining salary

-Debt

-Reputation (clubs/Comp)

-Other income

-Bosman

I am looking for a way to remove Bosman without having to intervene directly in the rules of each country.

For all this maybe it happens upstream, in Editor Comp or something? In any case in Basic Comp there are only Basic rules as its name indicates... (Number of teams, substitutes, etc but no team selection, rewards or anything else) I'll try to dig into that.

10 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Interesting suggestion.

I have done some tests while working and will take that one into account.

yes that could be the issue next week I should be able to test the file I am working on with more same nation players as match day rules, also top leagues limited to only 2 non EU signings per season so clubs should be looking for same nation players as transfer targets

I am hoping this generates more home grown transfers and I was seeing this in earlier drafts :thup:

Edited by Roy Race 9

One thing I will implement in a new project is a single transfer window outside the season, with only free transfers that can be signed during the season.

It would prevent strong teams from stocking up in the winter. It is a disadvantage for teams in a worrying position, but I notice quite some big transfers during the winter, which I want to stop.

15 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

One thing I will implement in a new project is a single transfer window outside the season, with only free transfers that can be signed during the season.

It would prevent strong teams from stocking up in the winter. It is a disadvantage for teams in a worrying position, but I notice quite some big transfers during the winter, which I want to stop.

thats a good idea hopefully one that helps the non elites:thup:

6 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

thats a good idea hopefully one that helps the non elites:thup:

It has two sides. If a team is weak, it can only strengthen via free transfers, but a strong team will not poach a strong player away from a smaller team when that smaller team is making a run. The second is for me the main reason to implement it.