Low Player Ratings After Update

marchand

5 hours ago, timbo1983 said:

I haven't noticed a difference in player ratings at all, if anything I feel they have gotten worse. I am top of the EPL and all 3 of my players who rotate through the DM position have an average rating of 6.6 - 6.78. Also, despite being top of the league only 5 of my players who have made more than 10 appearances have an average rating over 7.1 with the highest being 7.18. When I look at stats and analysis during the game, I can find no reason why these players ratings are so low. These players are not misplacing tonnes of passes, or losing tackles etc. So it seems the stats have no bearing on the average rating, or vice versa? I Honestly can't work it out this year. I guess just have to accept that having a great season means your best players will average under 7.2, and the average rating throughout your entire squad will be somewhere between 6.6 and 7.2 for the season. It does make it hard to tell which players are actually playing poorly during a match as they sometimes have the same rating in a 3-0 win as they do in a 3-0 loss......

Christ!!! 😳

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, TheGrimWombat said:

I'm not sure if the ME just favours different playing styles. The only issue I was having was my AP (S) getting **** ratings but turned out it was the player and now I'm golden. Have been enjoying it alot more than FM20.

What your style and formation ?

Yeah I still think the system is really flawed. I'm disappointed by SI's approach to this.

Also noticed that if you don't win a lot of headers then you get a bad rating. So small wingers/full backs are naturally going to get worse ratings, it's so dumb

7 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

What your style and formation ?

I use a 4-3-3 Wide with a DM and 2 CMs. My style Is a high tempo pass and move and it's done me quite well with Southampton won the league in my third season. 

I think the ME is far from perfect, for example, my wing back tends to hit the opposition full back more often than not and my striker occasionally has **** ratings but I think that's more down to the opposition defence marking him out of the game.

4 hours ago, ajw10 said:

Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United

1546561569_Willian_Form.png.2a58e0515984e36ad32e38b41b7814e1.png

Willian, 1 goal and 1 assist. 7.6

1860035291_BukayoSaka_Form-2.png.6b0a04bd3c63d03a92a7a2b097173db3.png

Saka, 1 goal and 3 key passes. 7.2

556222494_Gabriel_Form-2.png.ed4fd6cc15f79e51777986464773b97a.png

Gabriel wins some headers. 8.0 and MotM. United didn't create a lot at all.

Yeah this is what I was referring to in my post. It's really hard to tell when someone is actually having a good or bad game. You can't do in match analysis until halftime anymore, and you're looking at your DLP who has a couple of key passes, has won a couple of tackles, has over 90% pass completion rate and he is sitting on 6.4 after 35 mins - why? It seems like in an effort to cram XG into the stats, they have totally ruined the stats and player rating system, which is basically the most important part of the game

11 hours ago, ajw10 said:

11 hours ago, ajw10 said:

Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United

1546561569_Willian_Form.png.2a58e0515984e36ad32e38b41b7814e1.png

Willian, 1 goal and 1 assist. 7.6

1860035291_BukayoSaka_Form-2.png.6b0a04bd3c63d03a92a7a2b097173db3.png

556222494_Gabriel_Form-2.png.ed4fd6cc15f79e51777986464773b97a.png

Gabriel wins some headers. 8.0 and MotM. United didn't create a lot at all.

Saka passed less passes and was not so involved than Willian. Willian tackled more and also Saka left the field at 82 minutes. Gabriel wins headers what its one of the main things for cd and gets rewarded for that, also his pass % is 99%.

Edited by Pasonen

Still think average ratings aren't quite right, even after the latest patch.

My Olbia save was started just after the patch dropped. For context, we are currently 2nd in the league, despite a preseason media prediction of 17th. But if you looked at the player ratings, would you be able to tell that we're flying so high? I think arguably the best example of this comes from my right wingback that I just signed. He's put up 3 assists in his first 4 appearances. Average rating? 6.82. Last match? Assist. Rating? 6.6. Match before? Assist. Rating? 6.9. I'm sorry but I don't think that's working as intended and it does ruin the immersion for me. And it's a shame too, cause from what I've read, the ratings system was working a lot better earlier in the game cycle.

olbia ratings.jpg

popovic ratings.jpg

I still see strikers are underestimated. They get very low match ratings. I don't know if my strikers plays well or not. He always gets 6.3-6.5 if he doesn't score.

Even if he scrores, it is 7.0-7.1. How can strikers get better average ratings? They have to score almost two goals per game, but it is impossible (50+ goals per season).

Will SI prepare some last patch (last hope)?

On 24/02/2021 at 22:47, timbo1983 said:

Yeah this is what I was referring to in my post. It's really hard to tell when someone is actually having a good or bad game. You can't do in match analysis until halftime anymore, and you're looking at your DLP who has a couple of key passes, has won a couple of tackles, has over 90% pass completion rate and he is sitting on 6.4 after 35 mins - why? It seems like in an effort to cram XG into the stats, they have totally ruined the stats and player rating system, which is basically the most important part of the game

xG makes 21 worse then 20. Honestly don't know what they were thinking ripping the engine rating system up to add such a rubbish and useless data point. 

I think we’ve just got to accept yet another issue with this FM, chaps. Along with the above... I’ve reported so many bugs this year. And add the awful interface, the horrid amount of purple launched at the skin that they’re bafflingly going with and I’ve even suffered corrupt save files, twice. Not that I’ll get it as I’ve spent hours trying to apply fixes on the game to address so many issues... but I’ve actually applied for a refund! I’ll try again on FM22.

Yes, people just saw the fullbacks ratings as a problem some months ago. At 25 December I opened a thread showing that all positions were affected, and at 4 January I showed that the main issue is related with strikers and wingers:

At this point I don't believe that SI is going to fix anything, so I think that I won't play this year anymore, because this issue is game breaking for me and it has been showed to the devs lots of times in the last months. 

Wouldnt hold your breath anymore. This issue has been around since the start of December and even after two patches they can't fix it. Ive posted constantly about it in the general feedback discussion and whilst my posts get a lot of upvotes with people agreeing, no mod or admin has ever responded.

I just cant comprehend how it is still broken. It is quite literally one of the main aspects of the game being as its statistics based and affects so much of the gameplay. 

I dont have issues with my wingers but just constantly my central midfielders. I can not get them over a 6.7 rating.

The screen shot below is a view of strikers at the end of my current season full detail playable league. Four strikers with avg rating over 7.00. This must have an impact on player morale, player value, player development etc.

image.thumb.png.7064c69ee70f84601fc8930fa93bc67d.png

This screen shot below is showing strikers in league two with avg. ratings over 7.00. This I assume is a simulated league as i was managing in league one. Night and day difference and you can clearly see our issue.

image.png.95d7ce7766cf053d42e65d4817c4731e.png

This issue/problem deserves some feedback from the Devs its a real immersion killer..... its ruining my fm21 playing experience 

Edited by Weller1980

3 hours ago, Abysmal said:

Wouldnt hold your breath anymore. This issue has been around since the start of December and even after two patches they can't fix it. Ive posted constantly about it in the general feedback discussion and whilst my posts get a lot of upvotes with people agreeing, no mod or admin has ever responded.

I just cant comprehend how it is still broken. It is quite literally one of the main aspects of the game being as its statistics based and affects so much of the gameplay. 

I dont have issues with my wingers but just constantly my central midfielders. I can not get them over a 6.7 rating.

Have you ever had good ratings for your wingers in a 4231 system?

2 hours ago, ThomasHK1979 said:

Have you ever had good ratings for your wingers in a 4231 system?

I have only just switched to it and I'm only in pre-season so I cant comment. I used to play a 442 and my winger had a 7.15 despite 11 goals and 11 assists so I wouldnt say that was accurate for that output personally.

I wrote about it several times.

Generally offensive players have very low match ratings (wingesr and strikers). In my opinion, strikers should score more than 1 goal per game to reach 7.2-7.3 average rating per season.

If they don't score or assist we always see ratings 6.2-6.5. It is very often the lower rating in whole team.

14 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Guys we've said it enough times now, unless you're actually providing useful bug related information please do not spam these threads, the rules are particularly strict here as this is part of the Devs and QA working space. 

More complains people will actually react?!

What more can I supply?

All my players average less then 7

AML 33 games 12 goals 12 assist 6.70 rating in PML

Salah for computer non full detail

36 goals 17 goals 7 assist 7.80...

Messi 37 years old playing AML 5 games 0 goals 0 assist 7.70 rating

My AML 4 games 2 goals 2 assists  Rating 6.50 ( he had 6.1  6.2 in the games didnot score/assist) Then he had 7 rating for games wiht asssist and score each

2 minutes ago, Toshevbgg said:

More complains people will actually react?!

What more can I supply?

All my players average less then 7

AML 33 games 12 goals 12 assist 6.70 rating in PML

Salah for computer non full detail

36 goals 17 goals 7 assist 7.80...

Messi 37 years old playing AML 5 games 0 goals 0 assist 7.70 rating

My AML 4 games 2 goals 2 assists  Rating 6.50 ( he had 6.1  6.2 in the games didnot score/assist) Then he had 7 rating for games wiht asssist and score each

As it says at the top of the bugs forums, they would require the save game itself too. 

• Administrators

As said above, if you have specific pkm examples of matches where you feel a player has gotten a lower average rating than their performance has deserved, please do provide us with a pkm and/or saves so we can take a look.

However, whilst at this stage it's unlikely we'll be making further updates, all information will be considered for future versions of FM.

Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

As said above, if you have specific pkm examples of matches where you feel a player has gotten a lower average rating than their performance has deserved, please do provide us with a pkm and/or saves so we can take a look.

However, whilst at this stage it's unlikely we'll be making further updates, all information will be considered for future versions of FM.

Thanks. 

You bail out second year in a row on us. Last of us you did not fix the CCS and one one ones when it was obvious it was needed to be fixed. Now with 7 months to go till next game you bail again..

I have bought this game every year last 20 years .  Frankly the one reason I keep on buying is because there is no competition. No other game but I honestly feel I just wasted 70 hours playing cuz this thing is kililng the immersion

36 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

But use are all asking for us to upload saves and that but surly you and the devs can see what we have all been telling you's about or are yous playing a different version to what we are playing

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jckc221013jamie said:

But use are all asking for us to upload saves and that but surly you and the devs can see what we have all been telling you's about or are yous playing a different version to what we are playing

The ratings system has undergone some significant changes for FM21. Bear in mind the average rating is 6.8 - anything above this indicates an above average performance, anything below (you get the idea).

Where in previous versions players got a huge boost for goals and assists (even tap ins from one yard) this year it's nuanced a bit more to take into account player roles and what happens within the match at a deeper level. This does mean the seasonal average rating of 8 and above are a bit of a thing of the past. As said, if people have specific examples please do let us know and we can analyse them to improve things further for future versions. 

53 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The ratings system has undergone some significant changes for FM21. Bear in mind the average rating is 6.8 - anything above this indicates an above average performance, anything below (you get the idea).

Where in previous versions players got a huge boost for goals and assists (even tap ins from one yard) this year it's nuanced a bit more to take into account player roles and what happens within the match at a deeper level. This does mean the seasonal average rating of 8 and above are a bit of a thing of the past. As said, if people have specific examples please do let us know and we can analyse them to improve things further for future versions. 

As you say it like that its kinda making sense now, if a player is playing badly but then gets a tap in, in previous versions he would have a rating of about 8+ what does not justify him playing bad all game but then gets a good rating just because of the tap in he scored so i kinda get the ratings system now and tbf i much prefer it, now as you say it like that

Edited by jckc221013jamie

I'm just asking for rating balance improvement. Please make the strikers/wingers higher ratings. To be more comperable to rest players. Offensive players are underestimated in rating system. That's all.

8 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Neil I understand what you are saying but if my Wingers do not score or assist they finsih 6.1 .6.0. Even if they do maximum rating they get is 7.0

I went and checked other leagues in non full detail . For example last place in Seria A was Empoli.. They had 1 point in 6 games.. They have 7 players average rating above 7.. They have a MC 7 games 1 goal 7.60 average rating..

I went to France against to check last place team.. 3 or 4 players have rating 7.50 + . All the team is 7.00 +...

Right now I am 4th in Premier league the only players I have above 7 is my CB and my Gk.. All otyher players have 6.40 6.50 average.. My wonderkid striker who si 7 gasmes 4 goals (all differnet games) is averaging 7.00..

Messi is 37 years old with 6 pace... He has 7 games 1 goal 0 assist his average rating is 7.60..  Rodrygo in RM is 8 games 3 goals 2 assist 7.80 average rating.. 

Havertz in PSG 11 games 3 goals 7.90 rating 
marquisno 11games 0 goals 7.90

Adili 8 games 1 goal 7.80 

Mbape 38 games 20 goals last season 8.11 rating.. 

My championship stirker that domiunated finsihed 30 goals 41 games with rating of 7.03 

Last FM If I read for example Maginificent play by etc..  Inspiring stuff etc and I see a player dominating in hightlight he usually had 7.5+ even without goal.. Now if AML or AMR does not assist or score they are aolways below 6.5 usually 6.1 6.2

Edited by Toshevbgg

10 hours ago, Toshevbgg said:

Neil I understand what you are saying but if my Wingers do not score or assist they finsih 6.1 .6.0. Even if they do maximum rating they get is 7.0

I went and checked other leagues in non full detail . For example last place in Seria A was Empoli.. They had 1 point in 6 games.. They have 7 players average rating above 7.. They have a MC 7 games 1 goal 7.60 average rating..

I went to France against to check last place team.. 3 or 4 players have rating 7.50 + . All the team is 7.00 +...

Right now I am 4th in Premier league the only players I have above 7 is my CB and my Gk.. All otyher players have 6.40 6.50 average.. My wonderkid striker who si 7 gasmes 4 goals (all differnet games) is averaging 7.00..

Messi is 37 years old with 6 pace... He has 7 games 1 goal 0 assist his average rating is 7.60..  Rodrygo in RM is 8 games 3 goals 2 assist 7.80 average rating.. 

Havertz in PSG 11 games 3 goals 7.90 rating 
marquisno 11games 0 goals 7.90

Adili 8 games 1 goal 7.80 

Mbape 38 games 20 goals last season 8.11 rating.. 

My championship stirker that domiunated finsihed 30 goals 41 games with rating of 7.03 

Last FM If I read for example Maginificent play by etc..  Inspiring stuff etc and I see a player dominating in hightlight he usually had 7.5+ even without goal.. Now if AML or AMR does not assist or score they are aolways below 6.5 usually 6.1 6.2

The issue doesn't seem to be the player ratings. It's the difference between leagues played in full detail and not.

In full detail leagues there are not enough players particularly offensive players with very good avg. ratings, yes there are lots of player with avg. ratings between 6.8 and 6.9 but nowhere near enough with ratings of 7.00 and over. 

If you compare players in leagues which are not played in full detail you see a massive difference, lots of players have avg. ratings over 7.00.

SI Devs must notice the problem its so obvious and im gutted we have to wait until FM22

Edited by Weller1980

On 17/03/2021 at 11:32, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

So upload files for our current game not to be fixed?

On 16/03/2021 at 20:09, themadsheep2001 said:

Guys we've said it enough times now, unless you're actually providing useful bug related information please do not spam these threads, the rules are particularly strict here as this is part of the Devs and QA working space. 

To remind some of you again. Please follow the rules otherwise posts may be removed

On 17/03/2021 at 13:19, Neil Brock said:

It would be useful if more details were given on why players receive their ratings. I know in the post match reports scouts will highlight 'best performers' in a short paragraph. If there could be a summary for each player, that would be great.

Using stats alone, I just can't see why players are given their ratings. Below as an example.

766163436_Screenshot(18).thumb.png.959beec4506c722172400c1e812f057a.png

I can't understand why my inside forward warrants a 6.4, 6.2 and 6.4 rating for 3 of his last 4 games. Looking at the 6.2, he nearly completed all of his passes, 2 out of 3 tackles, 50% of his shots are on target etc. According to XG he didn't miss any big chances either. 

I don't think the user gets enough information from the stats alone. From the stats alone I'm not sure what to change in my tactics to improve the players performances.

Edited by jdmk88

35 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

And post accordingly as per the bug forum rules. Which isn't happening, and that's been made clear repeatedly. 

So we can't discuss this issue in the general feedback forum as it's to specific and that thread was made for just general feedback but we can't discuss it here either? Im sorry  but some of us want to be able to discuss this issue with one another, I think that's fair?

13 minutes ago, Abysmal said:

So we can't discuss this issue in the general feedback forum as it's to specific and that thread was made for just general feedback but we can't discuss it here either? Im sorry  but some of us want to be able to discuss this issue with one another, I think that's fair?

There's at least one thread in GD and a perfectly good PM system if you want to speak to each other further. This part of the forum has very specific rules. Please abide by them. Thanks

37 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

There's at least one thread in GD and a perfectly good PM system if you want to speak to each other further. This part of the forum has very specific rules. Please abide by them. Thanks

This isn't us trying to be awkward by the way @Abysmal. Devs and QA need to review the relevant and very useful posts in this forum, of which some of yours in the past definitely fall into. The more we keep everything in here relevant, the easier it is for them to get through everything, and there can be a lot.

15 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

This isn't us trying to be awkward by the way @Abysmal. Devs and QA need to review the relevant and very useful posts in this forum, of which some of yours in the past definitely fall into. The more we keep everything in here relevant, the easier it is for them to get through everything, and there can be a lot.

Theres no worries at all, I completely understand. I'll be honest I didn't realise there was a thread about it in general discussion so thats my fault there, will take any discussions to there now. I appreciate the replies and everything.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...