Low Player Ratings After Update

marchand

On 01/01/2021 at 21:33, Neil Brock said:

As has been said in the other thread the issue is currently under review with our QA team and is being investigated. We're aware that defenders average ratings appear lower than they should be currently, but average ratings only have some affect on player transfer interest and value, so will not drastically affect how the gameworld plays out. 

Thanks. 

Sorry but of play the game to get good ratings = awards, higher values big transfers. 
This bug really ruins my joy for the game😒

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had to stop playing because of this bug

full backs arent getting decent ratings at all unless they score or assist.  

wont say its ruined my xmas break but alot of gaming would of been done but imo this game is broken until a fix is released and im surprised it hasnt been yet

8 hours ago, kilik said:

had to stop playing because of this bug

full backs arent getting decent ratings at all unless they score or assist.  

wont say its ruined my xmas break but alot of gaming would of been done but imo this game is broken until a fix is released and im surprised it hasnt been yet

Exactly. I won the league with Milan but Theo Hernandez played with a season average of 6.83. We are talking about one of the best LB in the world. This rating means no awards and lower value. 

I play just as much the game for players to have as good ratings as possible. Please fix this ASAP SI. 

9 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Also, and just a thought, how many people are having this happen and not using any custom editor files at all?

I don't think the issue is related to custom editor files...

I've noticed the issue :

1. with an ongoing save since the moment of the update with no editor files

2. with a new save :

2.1. with a edited database

2.2. with default database

There is a general drop in ratings values with major impact on defensive players.

48 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

I don't think the issue is related to custom editor files...

I've noticed the issue :

1. with an ongoing save since the moment of the update with no editor files

2. with a new save :

2.1. with a edited database

2.2. with default database

There is a general drop in ratings values with major impact on defensive players.

That's good. Thanks for the input. 

Adding my voice to this issue. The player ratings drop is very noticeable, especially for defenders, and full backs in particular. Is it linked to certain stats not registering - like key tackles? Are the large amount of blocked crosses lowering full backs ratings? Hope this issue gets the attention it needs.

On 01/01/2021 at 20:33, Neil Brock said:

As has been said in the other thread the issue is currently under review with our QA team and is being investigated. We're aware that defenders average ratings appear lower than they should be currently, but average ratings only have some affect on player transfer interest and value, so will not drastically affect how the gameworld plays out. 

Thanks. 

I'm sorry Neil but this just simply isn't true is it? Last year on FM20, I had a player who at the start of the season was worth 2m, and by all means was a bang average player for the championship, never mind the premier league where I was playing. But after a superb season of a 7.5 average rating and 15+ assists, Manchester United offered 35m for him which I gladly snapped their hand off for. Checked his CA and PA just out of interest to see if there was something more that would make him worth so much more than his value and his CA was 125 and his PA was 132. His 7.5 average rating clear boosted his value and interest.

There is no way that same player would sell for so much more than his value if his average rating was a 6.8. I understand where you're coming from that it only has some affect on the player value but its enough to affect the long-term economics of a saved game.

2 hours ago, Elflamablanca said:

I actually think this is completely unacceptable as this issue has been flagged for 2 plus weeks now. It could have been addressed by simply rolling back the latest patch until it can be reviewed/revised to act correctly. Instead, many players have not been able to enjoy this game during this period of time because it does make it completely unplayable. You cannot progress in the game as the low ratings impact morale, your board approval, value, development of players...it is the reason probably 90% of people play the game. I haven't touched the game during a period I look forward to each year. The time away from work around the holidays is usually a time when I can make a lot of progress and really get invested in the game I purchase year after year. Unfortunately this isn't possible this year and the lack of a definite plan of action from SI is disheartening. I understand it is around the holidays but when you look on every social media and see complaints. Every content creator on Twitch or Youtube complaining about it and still nothing gets done or even acknowledged.

I just hope this gets taken care of in short order.

Or at least build some ability for people to be able to roll back the version if they choose whilst the studio has reduced resource over the festive period... for many this has made the game unplayable ever since the patch came out.

8 hours ago, Abysmal said:

I'm sorry Neil but this just simply isn't true is it? Last year on FM20, I had a player who at the start of the season was worth 2m, and by all means was a bang average player for the championship, never mind the premier league where I was playing. But after a superb season of a 7.5 average rating and 15+ assists, Manchester United offered 35m for him which I gladly snapped their hand off for. Checked his CA and PA just out of interest to see if there was something more that would make him worth so much more than his value and his CA was 125 and his PA was 132. His 7.5 average rating clear boosted his value and interest.

There is no way that same player would sell for so much more than his value if his average rating was a 6.8. I understand where you're coming from that it only has some affect on the player value but its enough to affect the long-term economics of a saved game.

Are performance ratings connected to morale? I've got a new save I started and even though we've won half the time (in line with expectations) our ratings are god-awful compared to our performance and our player morale is in the doghouse. And that extends in turn to the board's evaluation, as they're not happy that team morale is so low.

6 hours ago, Zilla Blitz said:

Are performance ratings connected to morale? I've got a new save I started and even though we've won half the time (in line with expectations) our ratings are god-awful compared to our performance and our player morale is in the doghouse. And that extends in turn to the board's evaluation, as they're not happy that team morale is so low.

Same here

15 hours ago, Zilla Blitz said:

I believe poor ratings can affect morale. Its especially obvious when you're in a press conference and are asked why you continue to play a player who has a very poor average rating, despite them in reality performing well. The board also get unhappy when a player is in a bad vein of form, which is easy when the average ratings are broke and therefore bring your evaluation down.

My LB has 3 goals and 11 assists yet the board are unhappy with his performances?? It just doesnt make sense which is why it needs fixing ASAP. It affects a large portion of the game.

This is a bad miss on SI’s part, it literally is killing the game, some of the big YouTubers have picked up on this low ratings issue too now, it needs a hotfix, no way this can wait until the January transfer window patch (around March).

It makes the game unplayable for me. As the example of the other user, it's not only about defenders, it's about all players, and the issue can't be only the key tackles.

Top strikers and wingers with >20 goals and >10 assists are getting 7.01-7.09 ratings as average, and it makes that they don't gain value and big teams are not interested in big transfers. Instead of that, that big clubs prefer other players of the leagues that are not played by the user (no full detail leagues).

This phrase has been said lots of times, but now is for me the time that has more veracity: the game at this point is totally unplayable and unenjoyable. 

For all of you that only think that the problems is related to fullbacks, I recommend you visit my post, you will see that all positions are affected. Maybe strikers and wingers differences are less visible because their ratings are at green colour in the two cases, but if you compare the numbers, the differences at attacking players are even higher than defenders. 

Edited by pejocho

9 minutes ago, pejocho said:

It makes the game unplayable for me. As the example of the other user, it's not only about defenders, it's about all players, and the issue can't be only the key tackles.

Top strikers and wingers with >20 goals and >10 assists are getting 7.01-7.09 ratings as average, and it makes that they don't gain value and big teams are not interested in big transfers. Instead of that, that big clubs prefer other players of the leagues that are not played by the user (no full detail leagues).

This phrase has been said lots of times, but now is for me the time that has more veracity: the game at this point is totally unplayable and unenjoyable. 

For all of you that only think that the problems is related to fullbacks, I recommend you visit my post, you will see that all positions are affected. Maybe strikers and wingers differences are less visible because their ratings are at green colour in the two cases, but if you compare the numbers, the differences at attacking players are even higher than defenders. 

Exactly! I play the game to get players to have great ratings.! I happily remember the old days were Pablo Aimar could get a season average above 8.00 in 4231 AMC role. Just enjoyed that game so much

SI needs to get a hot fix ASAP  

33 minutes ago, hdoubleh_2 said:

Damn, i literally just bought the game this yesterday and i cant bare to continue with my save until this is fixed. Has there been any word from SI acknowledging this is an issue they are fixing? 

Hoping the silence is them working away at a quick fix.... really hoping!!!!

3 hours ago, pejocho said:

I absolutely agree. Whilst fullbacks are the biggest issue with it, im also finding that my central midfielders are being affected quite a lot as well. Both averaging a 6.8 when realistically according to their goal contributions and the teams performance, they should be a 7.3 minimum.

The way SI have dealt with this is somewhat of a joke. It is under review but bar that there has been little information of acknowledgment of the issue and when it is acknowledged on this forum, were told its not that big of a deal. Im hoping the fact that the bigger content creators on YouTube and Twitch have pointed this out means that it gets fixed sooner rather than later.

I completely understand that its been the Christmas period and SI staff deserve time off after such a hard year in which they have managed to produce (apart from the average ratings issue) a very good game but it would just be nice to have some sort of communication.

On 02/01/2021 at 18:44, Robioto said:

Bought this yesterday finally after building my new PC and it's unplayable because of this. I thought buying late this year would help, it seems not.

I'll wait for an update then I suppose...

You can always play a "learning save" to get used to any changes and get a feel for the Match AI and restart after the final patch is out.

I have played FM since start/Championship Manager days and tend to focus on one long career save. Played a couple more Chelsea save premier league games since update but have now stopped until player ratings issue fixed. I am currently 24 games into 1st season in Premier League and have just had a look at the Premier League Detailed Player Stats. For Defending, Key Tackles after 24 games there have been ZERO in the Premier League. No player in any team has made a key tackle. This cannot be true and is very likely to be contributing to low defender player ratings. I hope hotfix comes out soon as rapidly losing losing interest in FM....

image.thumb.png.8cfe74097e3b345ede42f75a2a9bce9e.png

Edited by mhaffy

It would seem that issue of Key Tackles is linked to competitions where matches are played out in Full Detail which in my case is Premier League. Other playable leagues where matches not played out in full detail seem to include Key Tackles.....Selection of examples from my save to date:

eg Sky Bet Championship

image.thumb.png.a8e2cfc5f7691dc5278dd84731f586ad.png

Germany

image.thumb.png.9e70b234d489c89e036c9a96128472a0.png

France

image.thumb.png.d77843089078f9a5c5446177458c45b1.png

Edited by mhaffy

hace 1 hora, mhaffy dijo:

It would seem that issue of Key Tackles is linked to competitions where matches are played out in Full Detail which in my case is Premier League. Other playable leagues where matches not played out in full detail seem to include Key Tackles.....Selection of examples from my save to date:

eg Sky Bet Championship

Germany

France

Yes, there is a issue with key tackles on full detail leagues, but the whole issue affects ALL PLAYERS, NOT ONLY DEFENDERS. Im going to repeat it until infinite, because if SI only fix the key tackles, strikers, wingers etc are going to maintain their low ratings. 

All is explained in this post. 

Edited by pejocho

On 02/01/2021 at 23:44, Robioto said:

Bought this yesterday finally after building my new PC and it's unplayable because of this. I thought buying late this year would help, it seems not.

I'll wait for an update then I suppose...

I know they can't commit to when it will be fixed but a quick message stating if this will be hot fixed or if it will be corrected in the next patch would go along way to manage my expectations.

For the love of god I hope you have fixing this as the highest priority, ratings are something very important to the game and you suggesting they dont really play an important role is degrading your game. Not knowing when a player is playing good or not is extremely problematic. Had to give up my long term save because it's just unbearable (board approval, fans, reputation, value, all these are important factors in fm). Also stats not being recorded and analysed properly is a huge problem for the game not just towards the match rating aspect. Good job with the match engine though this year have to give you credit for that.

• Administrators

Just to reiterate as said on Friday and indicated by having this thread listed as 'under review' - this is an issue we're aware of and are investigating with the aim of addressing it as soon as we can.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Just to reiterate as said on Friday and indicated by having this thread listed as 'under review' - this is an issue we're aware of and are investigating with the aim of addressing it as soon as we can.

Thanks. 

With respect Neil, you can't blame people for being concerned about how serious SI is taking this issue from your response to the thread on Friday. 

Edited by hdoubleh_2

1 hour ago, hdoubleh_2 said:

With respect Neil, you can't blame people for being concerned about how serious SI is taking this issue from your response to the thread on Friday. 

Exactly. People payed a lot of money for a game that is not working correctly. 

On 03/01/2021 at 08:19, ThomasHK1979 said:

Exactly. I won the league with Milan but Theo Hernandez played with a season average of 6.83. We are talking about one of the best LB in the world. This rating means no awards and lower value. 

I play just as much the game for players to have as good ratings as possible. Please fix this ASAP SI. 

Not just fullbacks either- Harry Kane in a 3 trophy league winning side was my highest average with 7.3.

3 hours ago, hdoubleh_2 said:

Bang on. The response on Friday was quite dismissive of the issue and was adamant that low ratings affected minimal things in the game which is clearly not true. We all respect how much work the devs have put into the game especially during COVID and dont expect things to be fixed instantly over the Christmas and New Years holidays but to put out a patch just before Christmas that essentially breaks the game and then be dismissive of the fact just seems unprofessional. 

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Abysmal said:

Bang on. The response on Friday was quite dismissive of the issue and was adamant that low ratings affected minimal things in the game which is clearly not true. We all respect how much work the devs have put into the game especially during COVID and dont expect things to be fixed instantly over the Christmas and New Years holidays but to put out a patch just before Christmas that essentially breaks the game and then be dismissive of the fact just seems unprofessional. 

It does have minimal ramifications elsewhere when it affects all players in active leagues as this bug does. If say only average ratings for user managed teams were affected, that'd be a much larger issue. We weren't trying to dismiss the issue, just reassure players that this isn't a significant issue when taking the entire game and how everything works together into account. 'Gamebreaking' gets thrown about as much as 'world class' does in football and it's very often not entirely justified. But FM, like football is a game of opinions and we very much appreciate that! 

Regardless as said it is something we're actively working on and will try to address it as soon as we can. Appreciate those who took the time to make us aware via the bugs forum.