Jump to content

Staff still not signing players despite being delegated to do so, same problem I raised last release


Recommended Posts

Here is what I want to do. I want to sign a Head of Youth Development. I want him to then find good youth prospects (that fit our style of play, or even his if possible) and sign them. I want to then make the final decision on whether the signing is completed.

Staff responsibilities seem to account for all of this. Yet it literally never works. Not FM20 and now not in FM21. The idea of appointing a talented Head of Youth Development and delegating him the responsibility to find new young players for the u18s is cool. The better the staff the better the results will be etc.

Is there anything I am doing wrong that I can't achieve this? I raised this in technical support last year and it was never followed up on though it was acknowledged.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @teknotel and thanks for the feedback. 

 

This isn't something I've experienced while playing FM21, so best to test this with a save before a transfer window opens -  if you have such, please upload it to us, so we can investigate further. Here's how you can: 

 

Kind regards, 

Vik

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 27/12/2020 at 03:45, nully29 said:

The problem could be that you have no transfer budget. Few years ago I had the same issue with DoF not signing anyone, until I have increased the budget. Your case might be different though.

In FM20 it just didn't seem to work full stop, in fact when I first took the club (barnet) over he did actually try to sign some youth players but it then just completely stopped and never worked even in the prem. Pretty sure we have enough transfer budget to bid on a player.

I am hoping its just something simple like this tbh.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/12/2020 at 12:59, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Hello @teknotel and thanks for the feedback. 

 

This isn't something I've experienced while playing FM21, so best to test this with a save before a transfer window opens -  if you have such, please upload it to us, so we can investigate further. Here's how you can: 

 

Kind regards, 

Vik

Just done it, will message you save name.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, teknotel said:

In FM20 it just didn't seem to work full stop, in fact when I first took the club (barnet) over he did actually try to sign some youth players but it then just completely stopped and never worked even in the prem. Pretty sure we have enough transfer budget to bid on a player.

I am hoping its just something simple like this tbh.

 

I actually seem to experience the same in my current save. DoF just isn't trying to sign anyone for whatever reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same issue. Playing as Levante, and I have assigned my B team manager to sign players for his team. They only have 12 players, due to the minimum wage set for first team also counts for B team thingy, but he doesn't try to sign anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2021 at 13:18, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Cheers for the save, this issue is now under investigation with the dev team :thup:

Just an update, my assistant manager has just made an offer for a player.... It is the first time, I am just starting my 4th season. He is assigned to initiate offers for U23 players, my head of youth development is still yet to offer for a player for the U18s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/01/2021 at 18:11, teknotel said:

Just an update, my assistant manager has just made an offer for a player.... It is the first time, I am just starting my 4th season. He is assigned to initiate offers for U23 players, my head of youth development is still yet to offer for a player for the U18s.

So he made an offer for 2 or 3 players in a row, all awful, then he never bothered again. New AM now  and he hasn't made offer. On to my 3rd or 4th Head of Youth Development and not a single one has tried to bring in any young players. I have had players as poached as well, are they supposed to do that for me because if so that hasn't happened either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...