Jump to content

[FM21] The Premier League Thread


stevemc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well after taking over Wolves in November 2023 when they were 14th I managed to drag them up the table and secured a 7th place finish on the last day of the season. Us and Villa were joint 7th on points, they were ahead of us on goal difference, we beat West Brom 2-0 while Villa could only manage a 1-1 draw at already relegated Palace. Ive qualified for that Europa League 2 competition, Ive never took part in this competition before so I dont know what to expect or who Im likely to be facing. Aim for next season is to qualify for the actual Europa League through my league position and then try and kick on. Unless a more attractive job offer comes up.

It was sad to see my previous club Sunderland get relegated, they were still in with a chance of getting out of it with 3 games remaining but their last 3 games were Man City away, Arsenal home and Liverpool away, they lost all 3 but going into their last game at Liverpool they were still only 2 points behind 17th place and did have a chance, unfortunatly they were pounded 6-1 by the champions.

Edited by Mackem742
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im managing Everton, just finished the 3rd season, doing pretty well.

1st season snook into top 4 on the last day of the season

 2nd season was better, 2nd most of the way through and reached the Champs League semi-finals. 

3rd season, was in the title race until the final day, unfortunately Chelsea had an unbelievable season, I lost to them twice in the league, and defiantly my boggie team. I topped the previous season and reached the Champs League final, but guess who beat me... Chelsea to complete a Quadruple. 

Ive been given £70 mil to spend, already got Eduardo Camavinga  and Marco Asensio coming in on frees, I want to try and offload Pickford again, dont know wether to splash out on a stricker and  use DCL on the wing, or a better left back/central defender as backup. 

Still nothing on the stadium other than planning permission, would be interested to know from people further into the game wether things change?

 

 

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 17.19.30.png

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 17.19.44.png

Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 17.20.17.png

Edited by Brads-Wigan
Added part in about the stadium
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Brads-Wigan

Welcome to the thread, good couple of seasons there, I too am managing Everton and finished 4th in the first season.

I wish I got an update on the stadium but nothing as of yet.

I have decided to just post updates in this thread as it will be busier.

Edited by Ewan0404
Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.dcca371992d5e44a947300fb725ccbd7.png

Season 2 Transfers

image.png.2b97804d0e69c97bd68f1acdaf400104.png

We managed to sign Donnarumma to a pre contract deal in March the following season to take over from Pickford to be our number one keeper, he has big boots to fill after Pickfords phenomenal haul of 23 clean sheets last season.

Garcia was signed on a compensation deal from Manchester City to provide some back up and to hopefully push for a starting space.

Grealish was someone I had wanted to sign all of last season to play on our left side and I am delighted to have signed him for £22 million up front potentially rising to £34 million. This deal was a steal in the market for an English player in my opinion.

Kessié has been signed to take over from Doucoure in the box to box role in our midfield and again I feel that for £35 million we have a very good deal in place for someone who can be at the heart of our midfield for years to come.

Frimpong signed from Celtic to be our right choice right back and have Coleman be his back up this year.

Khedira was literally signed for cover if we had an injury crisis in the centre of the park. He also brings some needed Champions League experience for our squad.

image.png.3c0507ff36860e2a1db56cbc13acd64a.png

Pickford was sadly sold after her phenomenal year last year, however he wouldn't be content sitting on the bench this year and for £40 million up front we could not turn it down.

Keane was sold as he had little game time last year and I doubt he would dislodge our centre back pairing of Godfrey and Holgate from last year.

Baningime was sold as there was no way he would ever be in our team sadly and I couldn't allow him to just sit around for another year.

Jagne is away in a deal potentially rising to £9,25 million. We also have a 40% sell on clause inserted in the deal if he develops well and moves on we could get another small payday in the future.

The following players were all sent out on loan to either gain first team football to continue their development and try and push for a space in our squad next year or they were players that we tried to sell and couldn't so thought we would get some wages off the books.

image.png.e4817b69156cdad8839646c8bbba84a6.png

image.png.973f54eedb675ecb22ccd0cbbd0f0d4d.png

 

So after a 4th placed finish last year I would be looking to get into the top 6 again this year as I feel we may drop off a little with the extra midweek games this season. I would also like to win one of the cups this season.

 

 

Edited by Ewan0404
Link to post
Share on other sites

Start of season 4, and iv gone and got the big gun... Haaland signs, DCL to play on the left wing. Happy with the transfers in and out, I have built a very strong, young squad so hopefully we can challenge again, and keep the fringe players happy. 6 games in and doing well, only defeat was away to city. Tough Champions League group with Inter and Real Madrid, alongside Galatasary. All the front 3/4 firing well together. I brought in Antony last season on the RW to replace Richarlson and was unimpressed but he has started this season on fire. 

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 08.00.33.png

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 08.00.40.png

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 08.00.51.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brads-Wigan said:

Start of season 4, and iv gone and got the big gun... Haaland signs, DCL to play on the left wing. Happy with the transfers in and out, I have built a very strong, young squad so hopefully we can challenge again, and keep the fringe players happy. 6 games in and doing well, only defeat was away to city. Tough Champions League group with Inter and Real Madrid, alongside Galatasary. All the front 3/4 firing well together. I brought in Antony last season on the RW to replace Richarlson and was unimpressed but he has started this season on fire. 

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 08.00.33.png

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 08.00.40.png

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 08.00.51.png

Very good squad. I'm coming up to the end of my 2nd season so will give a season review in the coming days. 

Can I ask how Branthwaite and Gibson have developed in your save? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

Very good squad. I'm coming up to the end of my 2nd season so will give a season review in the coming days. 

Can I ask how Branthwaite and Gibson have developed in your save? 

Thanks, pleased with my wheeling and dealing, its a relatively young squad aswell. Gibson nothing special. Gordon played abit last season and did very well as an impact sub and cup games, scored a few. He just wasnt going to get any game time this season due to the strength off the squad, so hes out on loan. Branthwaite has developed well, hoping to give him some game time this season and possibly ship Holgate out as backup.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished my first season with Wolves. Fairly successful in the League, even if we had a rough end of the season and could have done more.

b4570dc53e.png

a19b75c39c.png

As you can see, 6th place(barely), and able to get into the Europa League for next season. 5th at the halfway point of the season though, so it could have been better. 10th in the second half of the season, and injuries just caught up to us. At one point I only had one winger fit of the 6 people who can play there, so I had to play my backup RB as RW for a bit. Yikes!

However, one man pretty much single-handedly kept us in European places during that time:

7d9f0b5b77.png

An absolutely incredible season from Raul Jimenez, picking up points for us when the rest of the team wasn't firing.

Two additional transfers from the ones that the game started with:

f0ef4e8b9a.png

Emile Smith Rowe was an excellent backup for all the attacking spots. Arsenal should be happy with his performances when he goes back.

Victor Tsygankov was disappointing for such a big transfer, but it wasn't entirely his fault. I had high hopes for him, and he started out pretty strongly, but then he broke his leg against Newcastle in October and was out until close to the end of the season. Hopefully he'll step it up next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hasdgfas said:

Finished my first season with Wolves. Fairly successful in the League, even if we had a rough end of the season and could have done more.

b4570dc53e.png

a19b75c39c.png

As you can see, 6th place(barely), and able to get into the Europa League for next season. 5th at the halfway point of the season though, so it could have been better. 10th in the second half of the season, and injuries just caught up to us. At one point I only had one winger fit of the 6 people who can play there, so I had to play my backup RB as RW for a bit. Yikes!

However, one man pretty much single-handedly kept us in European places during that time:

7d9f0b5b77.png

An absolutely incredible season from Raul Jimenez, picking up points for us when the rest of the team wasn't firing.

Two additional transfers from the ones that the game started with:

f0ef4e8b9a.png

Emile Smith Rowe was an excellent backup for all the attacking spots. Arsenal should be happy with his performances when he goes back.

Victor Tsygankov was disappointing for such a big transfer, but it wasn't entirely his fault. I had high hopes for him, and he started out pretty strongly, but then he broke his leg against Newcastle in October and was out until close to the end of the season. Hopefully he'll step it up next season.

I had an enjoyable save with Wolves when I was doing a network game on FM2020. I managed to sign Lloris and Dele Ali off the guy who was the Spurs manager but the problem with Wolves is they want you to sign Portuguese players all the time which is good to start off with but gets frustrating after a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I had an enjoyable save with Wolves when I was doing a network game on FM2020. I managed to sign Lloris and Dele Ali off the guy who was the Spurs manager but the problem with Wolves is they want you to sign Portuguese players all the time which is good to start off with but gets frustrating after a while.

Yeah, I've stuck a couple scouts in Portugal, one of whom is only there to scout U19s, so I'm hoping that they're ok with me just buying a ton of very young Portuguese players and developing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, hasdgfas said:

Yeah, I've stuck a couple scouts in Portugal, one of whom is only there to scout U19s, so I'm hoping that they're ok with me just buying a ton of very young Portuguese players and developing them.

Yeah hopefully mate. I tried to get rid of the Portuguese players in my club vision but they wouldn't let me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 24/01/2021 at 16:44, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah hopefully mate. I tried to get rid of the Portuguese players in my club vision but they wouldn't let me.

I've found after a good first season - top 4 they let you remove it. On FM20 I did get one save when I could literally put out a full Portugese side. Very proud but as a Wolves fan, it made me realise a few things haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everton - Just finished season 4, a great season, winning the League, Euro Cup (after finishing 3rd in a tough Champs League group) and the Community Shield. Lost the FA Cup final to my bogie team Chelsea. 

My big money signing Haaland defiantly paid off, scoring 42 goals in 46 starts in all comps. But all the front/attacking players had amazing figures. 

I scored an incredible 109 goals in the league, and only kept 9 clean sheets, defiantly a fun season. £45 mil to spend so think I need a CB. 

 

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 20.54.46.png

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 20.55.06.png

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 20.55.18.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just started a save with Leicester.

image.png.c19d5cc67d81ae487b56e4a9510124af.png

image.png.19de7b7e6a05a6d44390ff3a169ba4d1.png

Cleared out some of the players that I felt weren't going to get game time (Gray, Iheanacho, Slimani, Amartey and Perez) for decent enough money for me to be able to go out and sign a few new players. Edouard comes in to compete with Vardy and then replace over the next year or so, Boga comes in as competition on the wings with great pace and dribbling skills, and what I feel was our best signing, Aouar who joined for a relatively low £33m who will be key to any success we have this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I'm going to start as Everton tonight and rotate this save with my Tenerife one. 

Can someone tell me what their transfer budgets like after the winter update? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ewan0404 said:

I'm going to start as Everton tonight and rotate this save with my Tenerife one. 

Can someone tell me what their transfer budgets like after the winter update? 

Think it's £2.5m, can generate some sales of the fringe players quite easily though. I always tend to get around £7m for Besic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Crystal Palace F.C. - Wikipedia

When Eagles Dare!

I've been searching around for a while now for a new save having had some time away from FM21 due to work commitments. After reading some news reports about how many players Crystal Palace had out of contract this summer, it intrigued me. Mixed with the question as to where they go now after Roy Hodgson's steadying hand, I thought there could be a challenge in here somewhere for me.

The aim is to use the solid foundations built by Hodgson and try and transform Palace in to a top 10 club, progressing their style of play in to what I believe to be a more attacking style. To do this I'm going to be patient, with slow tweaks here and there instead of doing a De Boer and trying to change the whole playing style instantly. To make the challenge harder for myself, I've matched my Pro Licence badge with just a Semi-Pro background and have turned the first transfer window off, so I'll have to make do with what I've got for now.


Staff:

A sign of the slow changes being made are the staff. To help with slow but solid transition, I've kept the vastly experienced Ray Lewington on assistant manager for this season. Although not spectacular, he covers a lot of areas and knows the squad well and I will look to replace next summer when there should be a better choice of options available to me. A few coaches have come in. The likes of Massimo Neri and Bartek Sylwestrzak have been brought in with fairly high technical coaching traits to aid us in improving our style of play.


Formations:

As for players, well as I said the window is shut, so I'm using what I've been dealt with. Whilst it's a system I very rarely use, the players seem to fit a 4-4-2, with me giving Zaha almost a free role as a False 9 to drop in to the spaces between the lines and get at the defenders. I've also got a 4-4-1-1 with Eze moving in to the CAM position for when I want us to be a bit more solid.


Contracts:

So the big factor as to why I feel this is a good time to come and transition Palace in to a more attacking outfit is that we currently have 11 players that are out of contract this summer. Hennessey, Van Aanholt, Cahill, Dann, Benteke, Ward, Townsend, Kelly, Clyne, Wickham and Sakho are all in their final year. The total wage p/w of those players is a ridiculous £645k!!!  Even if I retain some of them, I'm still going to have created a nice wedge in the wage budget to play with, along with any other sales I might make. This will give me the chance next summer to really shape the squad in to how best fits my playing philosophy.


The Aim:

The aim this season is to meet the board's objective of avoiding relegation. If I can do that whilst figuring out who from this squad will fit in my long term plans, it should give me a good base to start the rebuild next summer. I'll take anything from 11th to 17th. The longer term aim is to develop Crystal Palace in to a more attacking team, one capable of fighting for the top 10 spots and maybe even sneaking in to a Europa League spot within the next 3 seasons.


Wish me luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, smplfc123 said:

Crystal Palace F.C. - Wikipedia

When Eagles Dare!

I've been searching around for a while now for a new save having had some time away from FM21 due to work commitments. After reading some news reports about how many players Crystal Palace had out of contract this summer, it intrigued me. Mixed with the question as to where they go now after Roy Hodgson's steadying hand, I thought there could be a challenge in here somewhere for me.

The aim is to use the solid foundations built by Hodgson and try and transform Palace in to a top 10 club, progressing their style of play in to what I believe to be a more attacking style. To do this I'm going to be patient, with slow tweaks here and there instead of doing a De Boer and trying to change the whole playing style instantly. To make the challenge harder for myself, I've matched my Pro Licence badge with just a Semi-Pro background and have turned the first transfer window off, so I'll have to make do with what I've got for now.


Staff:

A sign of the slow changes being made are the staff. To help with slow but solid transition, I've kept the vastly experienced Ray Lewington on assistant manager for this season. Although not spectacular, he covers a lot of areas and knows the squad well and I will look to replace next summer when there should be a better choice of options available to me. A few coaches have come in. The likes of Massimo Neri and Bartek Sylwestrzak have been brought in with fairly high technical coaching traits to aid us in improving our style of play.


Formations:

As for players, well as I said the window is shut, so I'm using what I've been dealt with. Whilst it's a system I very rarely use, the players seem to fit a 4-4-2, with me giving Zaha almost a free role as a False 9 to drop in to the spaces between the lines and get at the defenders. I've also got a 4-4-1-1 with Eze moving in to the CAM position for when I want us to be a bit more solid.


Contracts:

So the big factor as to why I feel this is a good time to come and transition Palace in to a more attacking outfit is that we currently have 11 players that are out of contract this summer. Hennessey, Van Aanholt, Cahill, Dann, Benteke, Ward, Townsend, Kelly, Clyne, Wickham and Sakho are all in their final year. The total wage p/w of those players is a ridiculous £645k!!!  Even if I retain some of them, I'm still going to have created a nice wedge in the wage budget to play with, along with any other sales I might make. This will give me the chance next summer to really shape the squad in to how best fits my playing philosophy.


The Aim:

The aim this season is to meet the board's objective of avoiding relegation. If I can do that whilst figuring out who from this squad will fit in my long term plans, it should give me a good base to start the rebuild next summer. I'll take anything from 11th to 17th. The longer term aim is to develop Crystal Palace in to a more attacking team, one capable of fighting for the top 10 spots and maybe even sneaking in to a Europa League spot within the next 3 seasons.


Wish me luck!

Good luck with Palace mate. A good squad can be built.

Any good options in your youth team ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Good luck with Palace mate. A good squad can be built.

Any good options in your youth team ?

Adaramola is quality. Potentially one of the best full-backs on the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 saat önce, smplfc123 said:

Crystal Palace F.C. - Wikipedia

When Eagles Dare!

I've been searching around for a while now for a new save having had some time away from FM21 due to work commitments. After reading some news reports about how many players Crystal Palace had out of contract this summer, it intrigued me. Mixed with the question as to where they go now after Roy Hodgson's steadying hand, I thought there could be a challenge in here somewhere for me.

The aim is to use the solid foundations built by Hodgson and try and transform Palace in to a top 10 club, progressing their style of play in to what I believe to be a more attacking style. To do this I'm going to be patient, with slow tweaks here and there instead of doing a De Boer and trying to change the whole playing style instantly. To make the challenge harder for myself, I've matched my Pro Licence badge with just a Semi-Pro background and have turned the first transfer window off, so I'll have to make do with what I've got for now.


Staff:

A sign of the slow changes being made are the staff. To help with slow but solid transition, I've kept the vastly experienced Ray Lewington on assistant manager for this season. Although not spectacular, he covers a lot of areas and knows the squad well and I will look to replace next summer when there should be a better choice of options available to me. A few coaches have come in. The likes of Massimo Neri and Bartek Sylwestrzak have been brought in with fairly high technical coaching traits to aid us in improving our style of play.


Formations:

As for players, well as I said the window is shut, so I'm using what I've been dealt with. Whilst it's a system I very rarely use, the players seem to fit a 4-4-2, with me giving Zaha almost a free role as a False 9 to drop in to the spaces between the lines and get at the defenders. I've also got a 4-4-1-1 with Eze moving in to the CAM position for when I want us to be a bit more solid.


Contracts:

So the big factor as to why I feel this is a good time to come and transition Palace in to a more attacking outfit is that we currently have 11 players that are out of contract this summer. Hennessey, Van Aanholt, Cahill, Dann, Benteke, Ward, Townsend, Kelly, Clyne, Wickham and Sakho are all in their final year. The total wage p/w of those players is a ridiculous £645k!!!  Even if I retain some of them, I'm still going to have created a nice wedge in the wage budget to play with, along with any other sales I might make. This will give me the chance next summer to really shape the squad in to how best fits my playing philosophy.


The Aim:

The aim this season is to meet the board's objective of avoiding relegation. If I can do that whilst figuring out who from this squad will fit in my long term plans, it should give me a good base to start the rebuild next summer. I'll take anything from 11th to 17th. The longer term aim is to develop Crystal Palace in to a more attacking team, one capable of fighting for the top 10 spots and maybe even sneaking in to a Europa League spot within the next 3 seasons.


Wish me luck!

ı started with them also any tactic help?

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Good luck with Palace mate. A good squad can be built.

Any good options in your youth team ?

Thanks mate.

As @ShaunG95states, Adaramola looks good, he's attracted a lot of attention already, but thankfully he signed a contract with us. We already have Mitchell in the first team squad as well at LB at just 21 years old.

John-Kymani Gordon and Scott Banks have potential, along with Kevin Gonzalez.

 

16 hours ago, dido53 said:

ı started with them also any tactic help?

Good luck with them mate.

I've switched all season between a 4-4-2 and a 4-1-4-1. It's done enough for me so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 04.06.2021 at 16:06, smplfc123 said:

Thanks mate.

As @ShaunG95states, Adaramola looks good, he's attracted a lot of attention already, but thankfully he signed a contract with us. We already have Mitchell in the first team squad as well at LB at just 21 years old.

John-Kymani Gordon and Scott Banks have potential, along with Kevin Gonzalez.

 

Good luck with them mate.

I've switched all season between a 4-4-2 and a 4-1-4-1. It's done enough for me so far.

mate any instructions?:) they concede so easıly :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dido53 said:

mate any instructions?:) they concede so easıly :)

I'm far from a tactical genius, but my aim this season is to keep it simple and don't expect too much. It's an ageing squad with a lack of real quality across all positions. This is what I've used so far and I'm sitting in 11th place with 8 games to go:

image.thumb.png.e7e3bd5145514b1b1ea99c023de947ff.png

I sometimes switch to a 4-4-2, but this 4-1-4-1 is what I use the most.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 dakika önce, smplfc123 said:

I'm far from a tactical genius, but my aim this season is to keep it simple and don't expect too much. It's an ageing squad with a lack of real quality across all positions. This is what I've used so far and I'm sitting in 11th place with 8 games to go:

image.thumb.png.e7e3bd5145514b1b1ea99c023de947ff.png

I sometimes switch to a 4-4-2, but this 4-1-4-1 is what I use the most.

thank you very much.As u said ageing squad  ı thınk maybe ı can make this team more entertaınıng and put my stamp on the club built somethıng.Also they have passıonate fans :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dido53 said:

thank you very much.As u said ageing squad  ı thınk maybe ı can make this team more entertaınıng and put my stamp on the club built somethıng.Also they have passıonate fans :)

Yes definitely and that's my plan too. As I've got transfers off, my aim is to see the first season out and then build the squad with more of an attacking philosophy in mind.

Good luck :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 dakika önce, smplfc123 said:

Yes definitely and that's my plan too. As I've got transfers off, my aim is to see the first season out and then build the squad with more of an attacking philosophy in mind.

Good luck :thup:

thanks you too.Have to start with midfield definately they luck any kınd of attackıng or playmakıng abılıty ı boght gabriel menino brazilian wonderkıd also covers right back 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crystal Palace F.C. - Wikipedia

When Eagles Dare!
 

So our first season has come to an end. It's certainly been up and down, with us hitting both the top 4 and the bottom 3 at some point during the season.

My aim was to survive the first season with my job still intact, with the view to try and develop the philosophy in to more of an attacking style of play in the following summer. There's a lot of players at the club whose contracts were due to expire at the end of season 1, so there were a few players fighting for their jobs at Selhurst Park.

Here's how the table looks at the end of the season:

image.thumb.png.4fb3167273176e03f085558c09cb767b.png

This may sound strange to those of you that seem to win the league in season 1, but I'm delighted with this season. We finished in 14th place on 44 points, giving us loads of room for improvement. 

We actually hit 44 points after 32 games, but that seemed to be the cue for the players to take the rest of the season off with safety comfortably confirmed. We were extremely streaky, losing 6 in a row but then going on a 5 game winning streak. A big plan for next season is to be able to turn some of those losses in to draws.

Jordan Ayew was probably our stand-out performer, netting 17 league goals in 35 starts. Our only permanent singing in the January Window, Anel Ahmedhodzic, did help out defensively, but there's definitely a lot to work on in the summer.

Some have earned themselves new contracts. Sakho, Townsend, Van Aanholt and Clyne have all signed extensions, with all of them agreeing to lowering the wages.

A huge summer build ahead for us! Up the Eagles!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crystal Palace F.C. - Wikipedia

When Eagles Dare - The Rebuild (Part one)

So with us having finished in 14th last season, the aim for season 2 is to finishing higher, on more points and with less goals conceded. To be able to do that, I knew the squad was going to need a bit of a rebuild, with ageing players on ridiculous wages.

The clear out began early, with Joel Ward and Wayne Hennessey departing in January in order to get a fee for them before the contracts expired. Ward left for the US, joining Kansas for £1.5m whilst Hennessey joined Reims for £575k.

Then, in the summer,  Jeffrey Schlupp was sold to Dinamo Moscow for £6.75m upfront, with add-ons taking it to £8.5m. James McCarthy was offloaded to Zorya for £1.2m, whilst Scott Dan, Martin Kelly, Kian Flannagan and Jaroslaw Jach had all agreed pre-contracts to move elsewhere.

Out of the many players with contracts set to expire in the summer, Gary Cahill, Christian Benteke and Connor Wickham were the only ones released without a pre-contract deal with anyone in place.

The clear out has left the squad going in to pre-season looking like this:

image.thumb.png.f2909ab6b2903c819e901086baf293cc.png

Although hardly Milan of the early 90's, I'm happy with my defence for now. Sakho and Ahmedhodzic will be the starting CB's, with Tomkins, Kouyate, Riedewald and Ferguson all able to cover there. PVA can help bring Mitchell along at LB, whilst Clyne can do the same for Ferguson at RB. The same can be said for CDM, with us having more than enough players capable of occupying those roles. 

Where I'm looking to strengthen is in attack. I'm looking to bring in 2 wide players, an attacking-minded central midfielder and a back up striker. Thanks to cutting the wage bill down massively, I've got quite a hefty budget to play with, but I like to try and be different and not buy the 'usual suspects' that you see on a lot of saves. In fact, this save is the first time I've ever bought Ahmedhodzic.

I've got a few targets lined up, due to my low reputation of a semi-pro footballer and only finishing 14th with probably just the 5th biggest club in London, I'm hardly attracting Messi and Neymar, but I'm enjoying scouting all over the world to find the right attacking options.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...