Question about clubs from one nation competing in another nation's league

As the title suggests, I'm wondering how the game differs when you manage a club from one nation that competes in another nation's league. 

For example, Swansea/Cardiff or any of the Canadian MLS teams. 

Do they produce youth players from the club nation (i.e. Wales, Canada) or the league nation (England, USA)? 

Which of these nations are linked to the 'Domestic Player Bias' attribute in the Manager profile page? 

Any other useful info I may have missed? 

1 hour ago, passenger58 said:

As the title suggests, I'm wondering how the game differs when you manage a club from one nation that competes in another nation's league. 

For example, Swansea/Cardiff or any of the Canadian MLS teams. 

Do they produce youth players from the club nation (i.e. Wales, Canada) or the league nation (England, USA)? 

Which of these nations are linked to the 'Domestic Player Bias' attribute in the Manager profile page? 

Any other useful info I may have missed? 

Idk for sure, but last year I managed Swansea univercity. In the second league of Wales, I ofcourse produced Welsh regens. But when I tried to loan some youngsters in from Swansea the players mentioned that they chose my club because of the location. So the game does know that Swansea is in Wales, but idk about the youth

2 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

In my game I have loaned a Welsh regen from Cardiff City. Could be coincidental, but hopefully not.

You will find that such teams are biased towards their 'real' nation, each such club has a nation and a 'real nation'.

If any of these aren't set (ie. don't seem to be working) then pls let me know.

8 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

You will find that such teams are biased towards their 'real' nation, each such club has a nation and a 'real nation'.

If any of these aren't set (ie. don't seem to be working) then pls let me know.

Thanks. And what drives the domestic player bias attribute in this scenario? Signing players from the club nation or the league nation?