Inconsistent application of coach objectives

brennerv

I finished my first year as coach of Leyton Orient. My coach objectives were to avoid relegation (we were picked to finish last pre-season). However, when I lost the last matchday and finished 14th, the board freaked out about not meeting objectives and my grade went instantly from B- to E(?). I had to savescum the last game to finish 12th and keep the board off my back. The year-end reviews also seemed to vacillate between suggesting that my objective was to avoid relegation versus to finish mid-table. 

Other observations: the board rejected any attempt to increase the club's vision beyond staying in League 2. Perhaps this is intentional, and I am just at a non-ambitious club?

I also renewed two player contracts mid-year in which the players' suggested new contract represented a pay cut from their existing contracts. This was helpful in terms of running a tight budget club, but not very realistic. :rolleyes:

Save file milestone2.fmt uploaded to owncloud.

Hi @brennerv,

Thanks for taking the time to send a save game, do you have one a little earlier; perhaps before the last game of the season? This is because the Club Vision is displaying for next season so we're unable to see the change you reported. 

For the board's rejection on a higher club vision, I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not as it does vary on a club by club basis. Could you check again in the next season please and see whether the club are more open to negotiating?

Could you send a screenshot of the player contract issue if possible, just so we're a little clearer what the issue is.

Thanks for your help,

Harrison

Sorry, I've kept playing so I don't have access to screenshots. I can tell you that a specific case--Dan Happe was earning 1.1K/wk at the start of the season and when I offered him a new contract he signed for 975/wk.

I am now coaching Wigan and realized that the inconsistent vision happened again. I have attached to screenshots. The first shows that the "media prediction" for the side is 24th. It occurs to me that this could be where Wigan would fall in an alphabetic listing. However I just got an article in my inbox "Wigan make it 7 unbeaten" , you will see that the article states that Wigan were figured to go "top half." Seeing that they were just relegated, the latter would have made more sense...

FMT21Error1a.jpg.d07f23a071a7cd0826fd7bd01c8e5591.jpg

FMT21Error1b.jpg

Edited by brennerv
Adjust spacing

Hi @brennerv,

I don't think the players taking less money is an issue unless players take a substantially less wage. They'd be aware that there is less money available to clubs at the moment so may have to take less money themselves when negotiating a new contract.

In terms of the above news item, I don't think this is club vision necessarily but there's an issue with the expectation reported; I'd expect this to be consistent with the media predictions. If you have a save with this item in the inbox then please send it our way to take a closer look.

Thanks,

Harrison