Doubts about functions in FMM21

I hope someone will be able to help me, I have some doubts about starting a career. If I choose a league with only the first league, without lower leagues, will the teams continue to relegate / be promoted or will they always remain the same teams as the first league?

The other question is: once I choose the 4 leagues to start, will I be able to buy players from the leagues I didn't include at the beginning? For example, if I leave France out of the 4 leagues I choose at the beginning, will I be able to buy players from PSG or will they be eliminated from the game?

I was also wondering if the pack of the players faces that the game asks me to download at the beginning I does not download it immediately but download it after starting a game, will the contents of the pack be available in that save or will I have to start a new game?

Edited by TestTry2

• TestTry2 changed the title to Doubts about functions in FMM21

Clubs should still be relegated and promoted etc. Not 100% for leagues in nations not chosen (eg if you leave France out, then maybe the clubs there might not move, I'm not sure), but they will in any nation that's active (eg I only have EPL loaded, but L2 clubs are promoted to L1 etc even though those leagues don't actually have fixtures).

You can buy players from anywhere. If you leave France out, you can still buy players from PSG and clubs lower down in France. However... there may not be as many players at those clubs. For eg, if France is loaded, PSG will have a full squad and all the players in the reserves, etc, but if France is not loaded, then the squad will probably be a little smaller. All the famous players will be there and can be bought, but maybe some of the youngsters might not be. Though for a club like PSG they will mostly be there - as you go down to lower levels, the real players are not likely to be there, instead there will only be greyed out players you can't buy. 

Not 100% sure about the face pack to be honest.

3 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

Clubs should still be relegated and promoted etc. Not 100% for leagues in nations not chosen (eg if you leave France out, then maybe the clubs there might not move, I'm not sure), but they will in any nation that's active (eg I only have EPL loaded, but L2 clubs are promoted to L1 etc even though those leagues don't actually have fixtures).

You can buy players from anywhere. If you leave France out, you can still buy players from PSG and clubs lower down in France. However... there may not be as many players at those clubs. For eg, if France is loaded, PSG will have a full squad and all the players in the reserves, etc, but if France is not loaded, then the squad will probably be a little smaller. All the famous players will be there and can be bought, but maybe some of the youngsters might not be. Though for a club like PSG they will mostly be there - as you go down to lower levels, the real players are not likely to be there, instead there will only be greyed out players you can't buy. 

Not 100% sure about the face pack to be honest.

I can confirm that promotion and relegation still happens in inactive nations. 

For example, I don't have any English leagues active in my game and in the 2023 season, Bournemouth and Watford are in the PL, while Fulham and West Brom have been relegated. 

• SI Staff

I was also wondering if the pack of the players faces that the game asks me to download at the beginning I does not download it immediately but download it after starting a game, will the contents of the pack be available in that save or will I have to start a new game?

The game uses unique ids to pick up the faces - if these are added after a save has been started they will still appear in a save game created before they were installed.