[FM21] [SKIN] Light Skin WIP - Help Required

KennedyBakircioglu

Hello,

I'm working on an actual light skin not just one with a lighter background, so far I have achieved quite a bit of success but a few items are still not quite right.

Here are some screenshots of the skin so far, first 2 are fine, the last 4 images show some issues.

1565599252_Screenshot2020-12-18at9_05_17pm.thumb.png.44d899889386bff805720aa3be863887.png1557392430_Screenshot2020-12-18at9_05_32pm.thumb.png.884fc3b3a322eed32fbe46ba82c23387.png

As you can see, the above issues are boxes being black with the text also black, plus the image directly above is missing the players name?! and the contract / transfer offer above this isn't showing certain items such as wage, preferred playing position etc.

If anyone wants to have a look at this and tinker with it I have uploaded it here.. https://www.mediafire.com/file/he5pkvyfurv2bpz/LIGHT+V2.zip/file 

*Please bear in mind, this skin is a work in progress and has issues, the download has been made available in the hope that proficient skinners such as @michaeltmurrayuk @bluestillidie00 to name but a few may be willing to help get this light skin completed.

Edited by KennedyBakircioglu

• KennedyBakircioglu changed the title to [FM21] [SKIN] Light Skin WIP (Download Available)
  • KennedyBakircioglu changed the title to [FM21] [SKIN] Light Skin WIP - Help Required

Dear, I was already able to download your skin and fix the font of the sidebar. I added the club logo in big as well. I found this solution by checking the base white skin of last year. Now, I will check on the other issues on your screenshot. As I am a real beginner, It may take some time. To contact a pro might be better ;)

image.thumb.png.a3b1cfb272160a593b0f298cbc2d0c2f.png

Can't seem to get the transfer fee etc. fixed. Someone else? @Kennedy Bakircioglu, could you contact FLUT as he might help us?

I can see that someone else is trying to create a white skin as well and is getting the same in this topic: 

@WHUkain21, did you already found a solution? 

For everyone to download the working file including the fixes on the sidebar and the 'black areas": https://www.mediafire.com/file/leiyxpuglbs1rpl/LIGHT_V2.zip/file

Update for the skinner to help me regarding the transfer fee: I can see that all the files that use this dropdown (contract negotiations, transfer fee, loan offer, ... in files such as contract offer details.xml and human constract offer details.xml), use the class "negotiation_cash_widget". Where can I find this? 

Below a screenshot of what I'm looking for. I guess that will fix the issue of the invisible offer fee (for transfers, loans and contracts)

image.thumb.png.388b88ccdbc73bfb5159d956ce3bd75b.png

Edited by TimD

25 minutos atrás, TimD disse:

Update for the skinner to help me regarding the transfer fee: I can see that all the files that use this dropdown (contract negotiations, transfer fee, loan offer, ... in files such as contract offer details.xml and human constract offer details.xml), use the class "negotiation_cash_widget". Where can I find this? 

Below a screenshot of what I'm looking for. I guess that will fix the issue of the invisible offer fee (for transfers, loans and contracts)

Have you used the RA to extract the widgets?

Hi TimD - thanks for making this skin ... a couple of questions:

1. how do you get the stadium backgrounds?  I downloaded Mini Stadiums pack https://www.fmscout.com/a-mini-stadiums-superpack-fm21.html ... but it doesn't show up.

2. without the stadiums I have a super light background and the mid-range player attributes which are in yellow become hard to read against the background

Any advice appreciated.  Thanks.

On 24/12/2020 at 03:12, kbos80 said:

Hi TimD - thanks for making this skin ... a couple of questions:

1. how do you get the stadium backgrounds?  I downloaded Mini Stadiums pack https://www.fmscout.com/a-mini-stadiums-superpack-fm21.html ... but it doesn't show up.

2. without the stadiums I have a super light background and the mid-range player attributes which are in yellow become hard to read against the background

Any advice appreciated.  Thanks.

Hi @kbos80

1. The mini stadiums are shown on other skins. Even if they would work, that would not work great as the pictures are not big enough to full a full background. That would reduce the quality and sharpness increasingly. You should look for a background stadium package instead of mini stadium package.

2. I use a white background (controlled in base settings) and change the opacity to 70%. This makes it very visible and keeps the text good readable as well (as you can see in my previous screenshots).

Hope this helps.

On 21/12/2020 at 15:29, TimD said:

Could I please get some feedback from a skinning guy? It already took me lots of time this week to investigate further, but still can't fix it...

Hereby my latest version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ktr8mmwhner73yn/LIGHT+V3.rar/file

Edited by TimD

3 hours ago, Xpert said:

I am not a skinner neither...but there is a light skin made by Priisek

You can find it here

Inside panels/widgets there is a file called "negotiation widget horizontal"

Maybe if you take a look...you might understand ...I don't :D

Close, but unfortunately :D. I think it is related to the dropdown icon, but not the text itself. Thank anyway!

image.thumb.png.0eb6b61db0c03fa81b1fd28d7731a885.png

Okay, I've managed to get these fonts to show but only in white so far, they only seem to appear when the RGB value is at least 1,1,1 if set to 0,0,0 it shows nothing, however 1,1,1 should be black so I'm really not sure what the connection is here.

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 8.17.29 pm.png

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 8.17.44 pm.png

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 8.19.24 pm.png

hace 5 horas, KennedyBakircioglu dijo:

Okay, I've managed to get these fonts to show but only in white so far, they only seem to appear when the RGB value is at least 1,1,1 if set to 0,0,0 it shows nothing, however 1,1,1 should be black so I'm really not sure what the connection is here.

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 8.17.29 pm.png

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 8.17.44 pm.png

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 8.19.24 pm.png

255 is white i think, try alpha value 0 maybe 

Contract Cash Text is one of those tricky to find ones;

It's controlled by negotiation widget horizontal xml file found in the panels\widgets folder

In that file locate this code near the bottom;

<record id="alternative_main_kind" class="edit_box">
<record id="properties">
<integer id="width" value="125" />

<flags id="colour" value="text" />
<boolean id="show_clear_text_icon" value="false"/>
</record>
</record>

And add the bit I've highlighted in red.

@michaeltmurrayukThank you ever so much! I've done what you suggested and it's worked perfectly.

Latest download for the WIP (almost fully useable now!) https://www.mediafire.com/file/i49ql3428rq4mi7/Light_Skin_v3.1.zip/file

The remaining issues are shown below..

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 8.12.18 pm.png

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 8.12.40 pm.png

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 8.13.48 pm.png

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 8.22.38 pm.png

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 8.23.05 pm.png

comparison list should be player scout report comparison small from panels\player in the table add colour="X" bit to the column for the name.

Player bar should be match players bar widget from panels\widgets - add colour bit to person_button widget.

Injury news item looks hardcoded (or at least well buried somewhere) as the inbox content with physio files that control that panel don't seem to like the main methods to recolour the text.

Downloaded the latest version of the skin and there are some colour issues on the press conference. Issues are:

1. The colour of the text in the dark boxes could be changed to white

2. Same issue with the question text.

3. The match information seems to not show in the top right corner. The times are there but the players names aren't

1360384437_Screenshot2020-12-30at16_40_10.thumb.png.03c8d78ff813f1979649b7125321752a.png

Player Name on Tactics Pitch are set by the various tactics player name colour variables (different ones for different statuses, and the box colour is set by the picking player colours all declared in the settings file - though the box code has likely been changed as it normally shares the same code as the subs bench so it'll be set from whatever tactics icon file is now being used.

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Player Name on Tactics Pitch are set by the various tactics player name colour variables (different ones for different statuses, and the box colour is set by the picking player colours all declared in the settings file - though the box code has likely been changed as it normally shares the same code as the subs bench so it'll be set from whatever tactics icon file is now being used.

Thanks @michaeltmurrayuk that solved the tactics screen issue for me. How is the light skin coming along at your end? I can see there are a lot of colour issues with it this year

16 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

Thanks @michaeltmurrayuk that solved the tactics screen issue for me. How is the light skin coming along at your end? I can see there are a lot of colour issues with it this year

It's progressing along;

21lightwip.thumb.jpg.9a21013bd5b9ca3c62379873b5c23a4e.jpg21lightwip2.thumb.jpg.de11f563ed8fe2bf1349178d0a94c0f2.jpg

The main box graphic colours are placeholders at the moment (light teal, blue, indigo and blue grey boxes) as it makes it easier to find the white text.

Main things that are left are the Competition, Processing & Match screens, plus the inbox items and various interaction panels - those last two are the problem as they will be time consuming to check.

So no ETA as it all depends on how difficult the remaining stuff is to find and change, but at this point the initial release will likely concentrate on the broken unreadable stuff - so the tactics pitch will likely stay dark, and the training icons this year appear to be hard-coded to white.

And for your tactics screen the purple should be controlled by the background colour declared in the settings file, otherwise the tactics with embedded section tabs panel found in the panels\match folder should control it.

Em 31/12/2020 em 20:44, michaeltmurrayuk disse:

Comp, Scouting & Transfers screens are now pretty much done (The transfer screens where a bit of a fuss as the code is split all over the place).

Another preview pic that is most likely to be the final colour scheme and the final update for the year ;

21lightwp3.thumb.jpg.e35b7f17208218d98e6b3a1e2c35544e.jpg

Can´t wait for this. Another amazing job 

Hello from Italy, my english is so and so.

I only registered to make you my warmest compliments. When I found out that FM21 didn't have a light skin it was shocking. With all the resources they have, why the f*** didn't they consider that there are people out there that "might" have trouble with negative style views. I just can't play FM actually due to a problem with my eyes, after 10 minutes it gives me a headache. I made the mistake of buying it in beta. Never again.

I really appreciate your work and want to thank you sincerely.

I am not a skinner but if you want I can test it. I am waiting for any light skin to start a new carrier. I have a 21:9 32' display @ 3440x1440 with all sort of graphics (logo, ss, backgrounds, cities and facepack). It might be useful :)

Edited by IlGianni

2 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Some more WIP screenshots;

Match, Processing, Club Info and Club Vision Screens are now largely done;

21lightwipm.thumb.jpg.eb8f7ba92405215d2d4d559feba81903.jpg 21lightwippm.thumb.jpg.6b805a621187e3ce107e6536a8d87ade.jpg lightwipci.thumb.jpg.01cd625d71c87dd79f4050cdb70fe24e.jpg lightwipcv.thumb.jpg.3f0913d2aef5a3ea4f3dad25451f5c8b.jpg

Hopefully if nothing goes wrong it will be ready for the weekend (or at least a version for testing will).

Looking good

On 04/01/2021 at 21:21, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Some more WIP screenshots;

Match, Processing, Club Info and Club Vision Screens are now largely done;

21lightwipm.thumb.jpg.eb8f7ba92405215d2d4d559feba81903.jpg 21lightwippm.thumb.jpg.6b805a621187e3ce107e6536a8d87ade.jpg lightwipci.thumb.jpg.01cd625d71c87dd79f4050cdb70fe24e.jpg lightwipcv.thumb.jpg.3f0913d2aef5a3ea4f3dad25451f5c8b.jpg

Hopefully if nothing goes wrong it will be ready for the weekend (or at least a version for testing will).

Looking good Michael, I would be open to testing the skin for you if you need it.