New “Fix” Makes Issue Worse 😡

“Fixed incorrect manager/staff images”

It does not. Before all manager images displayed correctly and the staff images only displayed on the relationships page. Following this “Fix” NO manager or staff pictures show anywhere in the game! Are updates not tested before they are released and if so how can a claimed fix make an issue worse?! :/ 

Edited by AndrewDriverNo1

Manager pictures appear on award screen(best manager award) and thats about it, only thing that works now is offering non playing role to your players, before they did not have a picture on coach profile and now they do 

I've noticed some players have disappeared from the game since the update too. For example, Brighton keeper Robert Sanchez has vanished. And as he is currently Brighton's starting keeper in reality at the moment, I would like to see him back in the game.

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, Draig73 said:

I've noticed some players have disappeared from the game since the update too. For example, Brighton keeper Robert Sanchez has vanished. And as he is currently Brighton's starting keeper in reality at the moment, I would like to see him back in the game.

Are Brighton in an active league in your save game? (and do you mean vanished totally or just his picture?).

31 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Are Brighton in an active league in your save game? (and do you mean vanished totally or just his picture?).

Yes Marc, Brighton are the team I'm managing. He has vanished altogether from the game not just his picture.

I can confirm that Robert Sanchez has in fact disappeared from the game, I had a pre update save and he is present in the Brighton squad but starting a new game post update he has gone :( 

this latest update seems to have caused more issues than it improved, shame we can’t roll back :( 

Edited by AndrewDriverNo1

2 hours ago, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

I can confirm that Robert Sanchez has in fact disappeared from the game, I had a pre update save and he is present in the Brighton squad but starting a new game post update he has gone :( 

this latest update seems to have caused more issues than it improved, shame we can’t roll back :( 

Andrew, I have only installed the latest update on my phone. I haven't done it on my tablet yet. And yes, Sanchez is in the Brighton squad pre-update. I can still do a save game on my tablet and transfer it to my phone. It's not just him though, I've seen a few others have disappeared as well.

There are quite a lot of DB changes in this version, which is unusual, as I thought they only did a full DB update when the Winter release comes out. 

I'm seeing 1260 players removed and 1277 players added. Of those who've been removed, there are some older players who have presumably retired (like Pazinni and Ignazio Abate), but there are quite a few youngsters who have disappeared, like Mees van Tol, Enzo Barrenechea, Charlie Webster,  Oscar Bobb, Julian Brandes, James McAtee (all of whom were 3.5 stars PA) along with a whole heap of others. But as I said there are others coming in like Layton Stewart, Remsey van der Linden, Billy Koumetio, Nigel Marengo, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, etc.

There is a lot of movement in the PA values as well, so this really is a full database update like we get with the Winter update.

On 22/12/2020 at 11:52, StephenCronin said:

There are quite a lot of DB changes in this version, which is unusual, as I thought they only did a full DB update when the Winter release comes out. 

I'm seeing 1260 players removed and 1277 players added. Of those who've been removed, there are some older players who have presumably retired (like Pazinni and Ignazio Abate), but there are quite a few youngsters who have disappeared, like Mees van Tol, Enzo Barrenechea, Charlie Webster,  Oscar Bobb, Julian Brandes, James McAtee (all of whom were 3.5 stars PA) along with a whole heap of others. But as I said there are others coming in like Layton Stewart, Remsey van der Linden, Billy Koumetio, Nigel Marengo, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, etc.

There is a lot of movement in the PA values as well, so this really is a full database update like we get with the Winter update.

Some of the PA updates don’t make a lot of sense either, for example Nathan Patterson of Rangers previously valued at £4.7m having never played a first team game, now following the update is valued at £150k - that’s some drop especially after making the breakthrough into the first team..... is this a database update or more bugs in this terrible update 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

Some of the PA updates don’t make a lot of sense either, for example Nathan Patterson of Rangers previously valued at £4.7m having never played a first team game, now following the update is valued at £150k - that’s some drop especially after making the breakthrough into the first team..... is this a database update or more bugs in this terrible update 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Patterson had a drop of 14 in terms of PA. I won't mention the exact numbers here, because some don't like to know that, but he went from a 4 star player to a 3.5 star player. Or another way to look at is that he went from being the 4th highest Scottish player in terms of PA (behind only Robertson, Tiernay and Gilmour) to 51st. I have no idea whether that's the where he should be or not, I guess that's up to SI Games to decide (just as they always have). 

I should point out that I'm talking in terms of the database PA value - in each new save his actual PA will be randomly generated based on that. 

Anyway, I *think* a player's value is generated when you start the game based on things like league/club/PA/age/reputation, etc, rather than actually being set in the database, so my guess is his value has automatically dropped based on the PA change. But I'm just guessing, I don't really know what's going on here, only the SI Games team will know that.

6 hours ago, broodje kip said:

@StephenCronin Sounds interesting with those removed and added but how about players that already in the DB and not appear in the game? I haven’t check it yet if Hugo Felix is now in the game.

I'm not sure, I haven't checked it yet either. But he is still in the database and his PA has increased by 8, which may increase his chance of being included when a new save is being generated. 🤞