Rare unhappy status

Not my team, but I randomly stumbled upon a player in an AI run team who was unhappy that he wasn't selected as the team's free kick taker.

One player in my team currently thinks that another player "shouldn't take himself so seriously". Usually this happens because of a turned down request of some sort, usually playing time, but this time it has come completely out of the blue and I'm not sure why.

1 hour ago, Norfair said:

Not my team, but I randomly stumbled upon a player in an AI run team who was unhappy that he wasn't selected as the team's free kick taker.

so this is one of those "will assign as X" in a similar way to some players wanting captaincy (or vice captaincy, or taking penalties)

I actually had it happen to me (I coulda sworn I removed that from his contract negotiation) - fortunately he had free kick taking of 16, so wasn't too bad to plonk there
of course, made me eat my words (and actually scored a DFK)

still went back to "the 19 free kick taker" the following season, after the promise had been fulfilled (it seems that they only care about it for a season, rather than the duration of their contract)

Edited by samdiatmh

1 minute ago, samdiatmh said:

so this is one of those "will assign as X" in a similar way to some players wanting captaincy (or vice captaincy, or taking penalties)

I actually had it happen to me (I coulda sworn I removed that from his contract negotiation) - fortunately he had free kick taking of 16, so wasn't too bad to plonk there
of course, made me eat my words (and actually scored a DFK)

still went back to "the 19 free kick taker" the following season, after the promise had been fulfilled (it seems that they only care about it for a season, rather than the duration of their contract)

Yeah, players have short memories in this game. I had an absurd situation with my main AMC who wanted to join Bayern due to them being a bigger side (they weren't) and he wanted to win trophies (we were winning everything, almost every season). I promised him trophies, he said fine, but if you don't deliver, I'm leaving. All good, we won trophies, next season he comes around with the same dumb request again. :idiot:

Homesickness has been nerfed a lot in recent years, used to be a common gripe. Which is good, i bet it's rare in real life.

They should also remove this signing promise of "bringing a mate" and how often players turn sour over something so silly and utterly unrealistic.

But in general I'm all for unhappiness and would like more of it in order for it to be realistic and the game more challenging. I bet IRL it's a right pain in the arse to manage 25 multi-millionaire primadonnas. I wanna see some tension between factions in the dressing room, the occasional training bust-up and people arguing over shirt numbers. Throw in some deluded fringe players as well who think they should be the star of the show. They constantly pester you and cry in the press about game time and how **** of a manager you are. Add real life agent behaviour to the mix and I think the game would be better for it.

47 minutes ago, freddieos said:

Homesickness has been nerfed a lot in recent years, used to be a common gripe. Which is good, i bet it's rare in real life.

Man don't get me started on this. That's bugged, as with many things in the game. Last season my Spanish left wingback finally wanted to talk to me about his homesickness. Every time up until that point he had done the whole "it means a lot that you've come to talk to me about it, I'm alright for now boss" etc, but last season he requested to move back to Spain. I obliged, he was 32 anyway and on his way down.

So obviously no Spanish clubs bid for him, but West ham did, I accepted and so did he. So much for wanting to go back to Spain.

51 minutes ago, freddieos said:

But in general I'm all for unhappiness and would like more of it in order for it to be realistic and the game more challenging. I bet IRL it's a right pain in the arse to manage 25 multi-millionaire primadonnas. I wanna see some tension between factions in the dressing room, the occasional training bust-up and people arguing over shirt numbers. Throw in some deluded fringe players as well who think they should be the star of the show. They constantly pester you and cry in the press about game time and how **** of a manager you are. Add real life agent behaviour to the mix and I think the game would be better for it.

I completely agree with all of this. It would just give players a bit more personality, while making the game more challenging. As long as it's done with some sort of balance and it's not buggily programmed and ruins your entire team if one player becomes unhappy, I'm all for it. I'd like more players to become unhappy with their playing time. The way it is now you can easily keep a player on the fringes for YEARS without them complaining so much that you're forced to sell them. There should also be more players complaining to the media about things. The way it is now most players are moulded in the same shape and it's dull. I had a player many seasons ago who missed training one time and while I could appreciate that it was a bad thing for the team, I just couldn't shake the feeling that I wanted him around because he was different and offered something new to the game dynamic. Bit sad eh?

1 hour ago, Norfair said:

Man don't get me started on this. That's bugged, as with many things in the game. Last season my Spanish left wingback finally wanted to talk to me about his homesickness. Every time up until that point he had done the whole "it means a lot that you've come to talk to me about it, I'm alright for now boss" etc, but last season he requested to move back to Spain. I obliged, he was 32 anyway and on his way down.

So obviously no Spanish clubs bid for him, but West ham did, I accepted and so did he. So much for wanting to go back to Spain.

I've never NOT seen it end up any differently. Standard.

From FM 19, I think

I had a few players away on international duty during a pre season friendly against out amateur feeder club, so promoted 2 reserves who had no first team experience to bolster the squad and give them a boost.  Team played dreadfully, winning 2-1 with a late winner and I told the team in the team talk that they needed to be better against a better team.  

Come Monday- reserve number 2 who is 17 and got 15 minutes at the end banged on the door and wanted to complain about my team talk- told him to get lost and he stormed out unhappy and had lost confidence in me!  He didnt play again for me and I do wonder how often a 17 year old with 15 minutes of first team experience would even think about  confronting his manager about anything, far less this kind of issue

52 minutes ago, FrazT said:

From FM 19, I think

I had a few players away on international duty during a pre season friendly against out amateur feeder club, so promoted 2 reserves who had no first team experience to bolster the squad and give them a boost.  Team played dreadfully, winning 2-1 with a late winner and I told the team in the team talk that they needed to be better against a better team.  

Come Monday- reserve number 2 who is 17 and got 15 minutes at the end banged on the door and wanted to complain about my team talk- told him to get lost and he stormed out unhappy and had lost confidence in me!  He didnt play again for me and I do wonder how often a 17 year old with 15 minutes of first team experience would even think about  confronting his manager about anything, far less this kind of issue

Sounds like Balotelli anno 2007

11 hours ago, Norfair said:

I suppose if your were, for example, one of the Northern Clubs then moving to West Ham gets him closer to home. Maybe he was going home in instalments!

LOL Celtic

I have not had such obviously odd discussions yet, only sonetimes injured players claiming that I broke my promise to let them play. But thats now "repaired", I think.

I have in my current save an Argentinian forward, unfortunately my best one, who wants to go to Manchester City, to a bigger club. I am in Liverpool for three years but in my universe it is not that Kloppo Liverpool (FM 17). I won EFL, FA Cup an the Europe League but was far away from fighting for the title. However, in this saison I have a real chance to win the PL ( it is a narrow fight between me, City and Manchester United) and now ... now he wants to go to City, (the bloody bastard). I tried to be diplomatic, said ok and wanted 100 millions from City  8 his value is about 40 millions)..... and City said "YES" :stop::idiot::seagull:. I declined, He is angry and the majority of the team backed him.

Team meeting .... I said: "you idiots, we can win the tile and you want that I sell our best forward (not identically, you know what i clicked but that was what I wanted to say) and they said: "Oh boss .. never thought about that; you are right".

My players have their heads only for wearing interesting haircuts .........................