[FM21] Maltese league file v2.0 for 21.4

• Mons changed the title to [FM21] Maltese league file v1.0 [now available]

It's that time of the year again!

Still need to win the CL with Mellieha (still don't know how to pronounce that H though) on my FM20 save, two finals in 2033 and last year (2036) but this might be the one! Goes without saying I've had ZERO issues on 15+ seasons of Maltese football, all other clubs are bad as they should be except for mine, which makes sense in long-term saves in weaker leagues. Valletta has dominant in the early years, buying some solid newgens but nothing special.

So I have no fears this years file will be as good as all earlier ones. And I'm excited to try out the new league structure after 10 years or so (correct me if I'm wrong, I remember the same 4 tier system being on FM10 or 11 as well. Were there any new clubs added this year or the Gozo teams being included more?

HUGE props to Mons and the rest of the team and I encourage anyone with a passion for weaker league management to try out Malta. With all derbies, kits, facepacks, awards added, playing on Malta is much more rewarding and the realism compared to a out-of-the-box SI league is much greater. Thank you!

8 hours ago, TIR669 said:

It's that time of the year again!

Still need to win the CL with Mellieha (still don't know how to pronounce that H though) on my FM20 save, two finals in 2033 and last year (2036) but this might be the one! Goes without saying I've had ZERO issues on 15+ seasons of Maltese football, all other clubs are bad as they should be except for mine, which makes sense in long-term saves in weaker leagues. Valletta has dominant in the early years, buying some solid newgens but nothing special.

So I have no fears this years file will be as good as all earlier ones. And I'm excited to try out the new league structure after 10 years or so (correct me if I'm wrong, I remember the same 4 tier system being on FM10 or 11 as well. Were there any new clubs added this year or the Gozo teams being included more?

HUGE props to Mons and the rest of the team and I encourage anyone with a passion for weaker league management to try out Malta. With all derbies, kits, facepacks, awards added, playing on Malta is much more rewarding and the realism compared to a out-of-the-box SI league is much greater. Thank you!

God knows how you managed to get in a CL final with Mellieha in 2033, but more power to you! Thanks for you kind words, I do try to do as thorough a job as possible and it's feedback from people like you, who have been using my files for years now, who makes me persist with it :)

No new clubs at all and the Gozo teams are still in their own little world. Just so you know, the old D2 and D3 have merged into a 3 group National Amateur League with the winners going up and the 2nd-4th placed in each group going into a playoff for the remaining promotion spot.

Oh, and it's pronounced MEL-LI-HA ;) 

• 1 month later...

Just started with Pieta and i was checking the stadiums. The premier league teams don't have any stadium , is this a bug ?

0bb0195d68ae58eef4211f5ad4a6f090.png

Facilities from all the premier league teams are blank :

e9b507ec7ab30e923d21faaadc1e4cc7.png

I holidayed before with this database (the Malta database, not the Malta prof) and all the teams had stadiums, so not sure what is going on ?

Edited by OlivierL

Hey, great database! Started a save with Vittoriosa and one season in, i'm loving all the hard work you've put in 

I've run into one possible issue: I can't offer anyone a part-time contract despite being semi-professional. None of the other teams seem to be able to eiter, as they have released all players who had their contract expire in 2021. I didn't see anybody renew their contracts. I'm not running the pro database, so maybe there is a problem there

• Mons changed the title to [FM21] Maltese league file v2.0 [now available]
  • Mons changed the title to [FM21] Maltese league file v2.0 for 21.4
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, zeus77 said:

none of the premier league clubs are pro, irl?
great job!

There is no truly professional club in Malta, i.e. with all the football employees being full-time. Most clubs will have the foreigners on full-time contracts but, to some extent or other, local players will also hold a full-time 'real' job alongside their football career.

• 4 months later...
21 hours ago, TorontoFC_Malta said:

Used this with FM20 and took a year off for 21...looking forward to this for FM22. Has anyone checked for compatibility with the FM22 editor out of the box?

There's some work to be done to replicate this summer's league restructuring, but I'm on it to make the FM22 version. I can't give an ETA but I'm hoping it will be a few days or a couple of weeks at the most. Maybe even earlier if I manage it.