Jump to content

[FM21] 100 Youth Tournaments: Manage Your Youth Team! v1.1 - UPDATED for 21.4 patch


Recommended Posts

On 15/12/2020 at 08:39, majesticeternity said:

Customized Logo Packs

In FM, competitions are given IDs based on the order and combination they are loaded. So, every setup will have different IDs.
To combat this, each of the tournament files are named starting with a 1, so they will load FIRST. Then, whatever custom competitions you downloaded elsewhere will come after.

Pick based on your custom setup.

 

**********COMING SOON*******

 

1. Open the folder of the competition you want to use.
2. Also open the Graphics folder: C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\graphics
3. Drag and drop the logos and/or trophies folders into the graphics folder.
4. Open FM, go to Preferences, and Clear the Cache, then Reload the Skin.

They should be there!

To make your own combinations, download all the "Singles" competitions you want, combine the logos folders. Then use fmXML to create the config.xml for both the "normal" and "small" folders. In fmXMl, select "competition logos"  and "all filenames are IDs"

 Hi. When will this logo pack be available?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

I’m not sure. Been very busy. You can grab them from the FM20 version and add their ids from your specific save.

cant fint it, you got a link to it>?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@majesticeternity Do you know if youth tournaments interact in a special way with the "Jaded" mechanic for youth development. I know that in vanilla FM the one reason you do not want to play the wonderkid at 16 is they could get Jaded and hamper their development.

I know like in the premier league they have a youth league in vanilla but I have been wondering about this recently as this might overload the youngsters and hamper development.

 

Also thanks again for my favorite mod in FM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should arrange so that BK Häcken always plays in the Gothia Cup. It's their tournament so they should always have a seat!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

@majesticeternity Do you know if youth tournaments interact in a special way with the "Jaded" mechanic for youth development. I know that in vanilla FM the one reason you do not want to play the wonderkid at 16 is they could get Jaded and hamper their development.

I know like in the premier league they have a youth league in vanilla but I have been wondering about this recently as this might overload the youngsters and hamper development.

 

Also thanks again for my favorite mod in FM.

I honestly have no idea.

I'm not sure I know about that jadedness issue, but yes you probably don't want to play them too often.

While of course you can play with these tournaments however you wish, that's why these were designed with "real life" in mind. Where you keep your whole youth intake(as you don't know how good anyone is), and have a complete youth squad of maybe 20+ youth players, have a good coach who has a similar playstyle as yours who will rotate the youth and manage the team. You plug money into your youth hoping to get somewhere, and not just in improving facilities. You keep an eye on the youth team and make sure they're rested, rotated, or so on.

It's about making FM more complete and full circle. So everything you do now matters, what coaches you sign, what youth players you buy/keep and how they align with your youth squad. So, that 16yr old wonderkid, do you loan him out for first team experience? or keep him there to gradually train, get some practice under his belt, and focus on increasing skill and attributes? or do you surround him with the best youth players you can get so they go far in the youth tournaments and really increase in reputation and experience? Or do you make them dump out of the tournaments so there's not too many matches for your 12 player squad? Or do you bring him up to the first team for a few off-the-bench appearances?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, friggan said:

I think you should arrange so that BK Häcken always plays in the Gothia Cup. It's their tournament so they should always have a seat!

yea, good idea. I'll note that for the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2021 at 01:00, majesticeternity said:

 Here are the logos ready !!  Try them and put them. I cant find 3 cups. NC and mic football 1 and 2. These are at china youth? because it count not be verified through editor with the new update. The others I verified them my self. So maybe these missing 3 cups are from that one.

youth cups.zip

Edited by nikolaosaek
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a query, may be related I'm not 100%. I am using the tournament files. My save as Schalke in the Bundesliga, there appears to be an age and registration restriction applied to Schalke II, I don't recall seeing this in previous saves. As they seem to be playing in the new comps, are those rules new. It's a struggle keeping older first team players fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

So i went to go verify all of the files and then the last one came up with this

image.thumb.png.7acbf915368256ffcad3fb7a276853cb.png

  •  

Yea, they keep changing it... just go to the teams and increase the number allowed for a nation or two. Then verify. Then send me the files ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Yea, they keep changing it... just go to the teams and increase the number allowed for a nation or two. Then verify. Then send me the files ;) 

check ur inbox sent u the files

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dbrown6 said:

there was a problem with the last youth comp in the other continents with the china cup not able to find enough teams

 

Yea, it does that after each update. 
 

it should work now though, check the megapack for the updated files 

Edited by majesticeternity
Link to post
Share on other sites

it does, thank you 

3 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Yea, it does that after each update. 
 

it should work now though, check the megapack for the updated files 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • majesticeternity changed the title to [FM21] 100 Youth Tournaments: Manage Your Youth Team! v1.1 - UPDATED for 21.4 patch
  • 1 month later...

So is this tread still alive? Ive been wanting to start a new save with my hometown club. But the youth under 18 have a full league already  and the B/under 20 dont have a decent league. Any way you change it from under 18 to under 20 for the eredivisie in Holland?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like this MOD, do you think it will allow us to *only* manage a youth team in the future? So instead of managing the first team we only manage a youth team

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/05/2021 at 11:57, Bazz Playerz said:

So is this tread still alive? Ive been wanting to start a new save with my hometown club. But the youth under 18 have a full league already  and the B/under 20 dont have a decent league. Any way you change it from under 18 to under 20 for the eredivisie in Holland?

I'm pretty busy atm, but you can load up the editor, load the file, find the competition you want to change, and for the team selection, change the team type from U18 to U20.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/05/2021 at 06:33, francis#17 said:

Really like this MOD, do you think it will allow us to *only* manage a youth team in the future? So instead of managing the first team we only manage a youth team

That's an interesting thought! 

I don't think so, though, as you would still have to start at a specific club as their senior team.

You could replicate the idea by taking over control of the youth team as much as you can, and signing an assistant manager and DoF and give them full control of all senior team responsibilities.

Maybe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

is it normal not to load all tournaments? whenever I start a new game, some tournaments always show up while others show up in some games, and not others, I checked the files again in the game editor and last time it loaded many of the tournaments, but the "brazil cup" didn't load, as well as all tournaments with the name of "barcelona" that are 4 or 5, the "madrid international" too

Link to post
Share on other sites

@majesticeternity

I don't know if this intended or if its a  bug, but the only German Youth and 2nd Teams that ever get invited to those cup games are from teams that started in division one at the beginning of the save.

Teams like Hamburg, Hannover, Düsseldford and so on never participate in any of these cups, which is a shame as I wanted to start a longterm save with my local german team. Any way to fix this stuff?
Other leagues don't seem to have the problem, I've seen plenty of 3rd division Italian Teams or 2nd division Frenchs Teams entering these competitions.

I've read that you are currently really busy, but if you have an idea how to fix this and what might be the problem I can check that myself in the editor.

Thx :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/07/2021 at 06:08, igorlv said:

is it normal not to load all tournaments? whenever I start a new game, some tournaments always show up while others show up in some games, and not others, I checked the files again in the game editor and last time it loaded many of the tournaments, but the "brazil cup" didn't load, as well as all tournaments with the name of "barcelona" that are 4 or 5, the "madrid international" too

I haven't seen where only some show up. Are you using any other competition/league mods? Pre-season tournaments, competitions, leagues and anything else that adds something similar can overwrite or clash with other mods that do a similar thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/07/2021 at 08:34, EnigMattic1 said:

@majesticeternity Do any of these tournaments work with North American (specifically, Canadian) teams? If so, which ones?

Not specifically for Canada no, but mainly the elite/top tournaments for MLS clubs. In the default game, Canada is "poor" youth wise, with few teams that have dedicated youth teams and overall youth development.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 03/07/2021 at 19:29, Strubbel94 said:

@majesticeternity

I don't know if this intended or if its a  bug, but the only German Youth and 2nd Teams that ever get invited to those cup games are from teams that started in division one at the beginning of the save.

Teams like Hamburg, Hannover, Düsseldford and so on never participate in any of these cups, which is a shame as I wanted to start a longterm save with my local german team. Any way to fix this stuff?
Other leagues don't seem to have the problem, I've seen plenty of 3rd division Italian Teams or 2nd division Frenchs Teams entering these competitions.

I've read that you are currently really busy, but if you have an idea how to fix this and what might be the problem I can check that myself in the editor.

Thx :)

Not quite sure which you mean, as there are several files. Do you mean the Elite, 2nd, 3rd division files? which ones?

Also, are you using any other files that effect Germany?

I checked both Hamburg and Dusseldorf, and for each year they are in the Bundesliga, they play in the top tournaments.

 

As far as editing yourself, open the file in FM21 Editor, click Advanced Rules.

For example, I'll open the 1st Division U19 file.

Go to the Cup you wish, using the drop down at "Show Rules for". Then click the arrows to show the options, then click on Teams.

image.png.23e01c03b8b0d6605cf613d52f152858.png

Then click the "Get random teams from team pool"

and scroll down some in the window below. Scroll down within the Team Pool section, and you'll see where it is set to select the youth teams of the current Bundesliga clubs.

The FIRST line with the added ",6," excludes the top 6 reputation clubs, as these are not the Elite tournaments. Then the SECOND line selects by reputation all those clubs that are left outside of those 6.

image.png.03449e8b8f416431fd89181d60039957.png

 

It's selection is not foolproof, but does the job mostly. 

 

If you want to add your specific club to play in the tournament every single year, you can add a line at the Top section, NOT in the team pool, and do "Get Specific Team", and put your club there in place of "Algeria".

If you want it to still be random, you can add your specific club to the Team Pool, so you would do Get Specific Team", and put your club there in place of "Algeria", but in the Team Pool only.

Then of course test.

Hope this helps.

 

 

Edited by majesticeternity
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Not specifically for Canada no, but mainly the elite/top tournaments for MLS clubs. In the default game, Canada is "poor" youth wise, with few teams that have dedicated youth teams and overall youth development.

 

Tell me about it. There is only Cavalry and Edmonton who have an u20 team that is referred to as their 'Academy'. To be fair, there is very little information available regawany sort of youth setup in Canada. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Tell me about it. There is only Cavalry and Edmonton who have an u20 team that is referred to as their 'Academy'. To be fair, there is very little information available regawany sort of youth setup in Canada. 

Yes. If you want to add them yourself, see the above info and screenshots, you can set your team to be selected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...