Questions about MyTeam

So I wanted to start a myteam in FM21, but I dont really know how it works. I have some questions:

1. How does the player star rating work (does it have anything to do with your chosen reputation or is it just 5 stars is Ronaldo and 1 star is my local sunday league player?) 

2. Ho do I add my own logo (some other guy asked it but got no answer)

3. Is it possible to add a "rival"/location?

Thanks in advance

• SI Staff
  1. Player star ratings from coaches are judged in comparison to your clubs standing - so while I am half a star at any club (I'm THAT bad :D ) .... Lewis Dunk is 5* at Brighton (probably) because he's an immense player and a legend at the club, however if he went to Real Madrid he would have a far lower star rating because in comparison to that standard of club he'd be seen in a far lesser light.
    The ratings do NOT have anything to do with your personal manager reputation.
  2. Add your own logo - I'll try and check this later today, the format for this sort of thing has changed a little since I first implemented club logos so I want to check I'm 'up to date' on it (I did give out the unique id for a my club in another answer 230771 if I remember right).
  3. Rivals - At present it isn't possible to add in a rival, I'll consider that for a future version of the game.

17 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:
  1. Player star ratings from coaches are judged in comparison to your clubs standing - so while I am half a star at any club (I'm THAT bad :D ) .... Lewis Dunk is 5* at Brighton (probably) because he's an immense player and a legend at the club, however if he went to Real Madrid he would have a far lower star rating because in comparison to that standard of club he'd be seen in a far lesser light.
    The ratings do NOT have anything to do with your personal manager reputation.
  2. Add your own logo - I'll try and check this later today, the format for this sort of thing has changed a little since I first implemented club logos so I want to check I'm 'up to date' on it (I did give out the unique id for a my club in another answer 230771 if I remember right).
  3. Rivals - At present it isn't possible to add in a rival, I'll consider that for a future version of the game.

At no. 1  I am talking about this screen: 2093364099_Screenshot_20201214-201838_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.82845ccf6f874a3316da9048bbc3cde7.jpg

Under there with the CA/PA, what is that based on?

Thanks for the rest of the answers

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, casperzwaart100 said:

At no. 1  I am talking about this screen: 2093364099_Screenshot_20201214-201838_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.82845ccf6f874a3316da9048bbc3cde7.jpg

Under there with the CA/PA, what is that based on?

Thanks for the rest of the answers

Oh sorry I thought you meant the ones in game - that is just a 'pure' value with the game generating a CA/PA between specific levels based upon the star rating you give - the string to the right gives you an idea of the 'level' vaguely ...

I fully understand that its not the 'most' explanatory - For England - 2.5 stars is around league one standard, 3 stars is reasonable-good Championship level, 4 is a decent-good Premiership player and 4.5-5 is continental/world class. We don't explain them as such because each league is different and it'd be awkward to explain especially in a league like Wales which has relatively low standards.

(the actual value given varies according to a hidden dice rolls so a lucky 3 star player might be nearly as good as an unlucky 3.5 star player)

47 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Oh sorry I thought you meant the ones in game - that is just a 'pure' value with the game generating a CA/PA between specific levels based upon the star rating you give - the string to the right gives you an idea of the 'level' vaguely ...

I fully understand that its not the 'most' explanatory - For England - 2.5 stars is around league one standard, 3 stars is reasonable-good Championship level, 4 is a decent-good Premiership player and 4.5-5 is continental/world class. We don't explain them as such because each league is different and it'd be awkward to explain especially in a league like Wales which has relatively low standards.

(the actual value given varies according to a hidden dice rolls so a lucky 3 star player might be nearly as good as an unlucky 3.5 star player)

Thanks!

What is a good rating for Vanorama north/south?

Also, can I assign affiliates with the editor?

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, casperzwaart100 said:

Thanks!

What is a good rating for Vanorama north/south?

Also, can I assign affiliates with the editor?

A good rating for that league would probably be 1.5-2 stars with 2.5 stars being considered a 'Star Player' for a squad at that level (the type of player who is likely to move on and become a professional in time) .... if you're planning on moving through the leagues and want a challenge I'd suggest starting them at 1.5-2.0 and give a few youngsters a FAR higher potential (say 3.5-4) so they're likely to have the quality to stay with you as you move through the divisions (presuming you can hold onto them ;) ) ... but that's just what I did last time I played that way :D

8 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

A good rating for that league would probably be 1.5-2 stars with 2.5 stars being considered a 'Star Player' for a squad at that level (the type of player who is likely to move on and become a professional in time) .... if you're planning on moving through the leagues and want a challenge I'd suggest starting them at 1.5-2.0 and give a few youngsters a FAR higher potential (say 3.5-4) so they're likely to have the quality to stay with you as you move through the divisions (presuming you can hold onto them ;) ) ... but that's just what I did last time I played that way :D

That's exactly what I did, I wanted to make an English Ajax team. Just like Ajax cape town and Ajax Orlando. Thats why I asked if I could assign an affiliate with the editor

Personally I'd like it to be an option to choose not to have a squad at all, and perhaps just a youth intake. That's because then it would be the challenge of recruiting a squad which is something I always enjoyed about the champ man games where some teams didn't have squads (presumably due to a lack of scouting - which is good that's no longer a problem).

1 hour ago, ElliottMS said:

Personally I'd like it to be an option to choose not to have a squad at all, and perhaps just a youth intake. That's because then it would be the challenge of recruiting a squad which is something I always enjoyed about the champ man games where some teams didn't have squads (presumably due to a lack of scouting - which is good that's no longer a problem).

You can do that with the editor, but I personally get really demotivated in save if the little ~ symbol is next to the name. So I don't really do it, most of the time I take over a newly promoted team who don't have any players yet

1 minute ago, casperzwaart100 said:

You can do that with the editor, but I personally get really demotivated in save if the little ~ symbol is next to the name. So I don't really do it, most of the time I take over a newly promoted team who don't have any players yet

I've tried that but found that by the time the team actually offers me the role they've signed a squad of players! Or at least that was my experience on FMM18 and FMM19 (I posted about this before).

Never tried to editor to be fair, thats a good idea.

37 minutes ago, ElliottMS said:

I've tried that but found that by the time the team actually offers me the role they've signed a squad of players! Or at least that was my experience on FMM18 and FMM19 (I posted about this before).

Never tried to editor to be fair, thats a good idea.

I once got a job at Met. Police, they bought 4 keepers and 1 striker. Only the keeper was not just total crap, used him for like 4 seasons. But they indeed sign like 4~  players sometimes, but thats fine