[FMT21] Push the Tempo

58117053.png.5f50cf498d72c73730c08595b1fa7337.png

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png Chaika Peschanokopskoe

Club Info | Club Vision | Finances | League Table

My journey starts in Russia, with a team whose board expects to avoid relegation, but the press predicts a 4th place. With our current standing I'm inclined to agree with the board's expectations, but there's still time to turn it around. My contract is only for this season so it'll be interesting to see what I can do with this group. The budget is weird: I cannot change budgets although we have €100k for transfers but the wage budget is exactly what we're spending. Nevertheless, my approach to this job is not to waste time on prospects or financial stability. I want short term success in order to forge ahead with my reputation.

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png Chaika Peschanokopskoe - FNL - 2020/21

League | Cup | Transfers | Finances

It took a while to get things going after I took the seat at Peschanokopskoe. We had good runs of form with undefeated streaks, but most were draws so we weren't getting far from the relegation zone. We did manage to go into the winter break already out of there and things definitely picked up after the restart. We went 9 undefeated with 6W 3D and that was enough to make our season. Transfer wise, we lost one player whose contract is running out. This was the board's fault as they only freed up the wage budget at the start of May which made me unable to renew any contracts before that. Fortunately only one player was approached. Now I have successfully renewed almost all contracts that I wanted and there's still room to sign others on Bosman. Overall the finances are terrible but without sales there's not much I can do.

Best XI

Mikhail Philippov

Vladimir Khozin - Ali Gadjibekov - Radik Khairullov - Leo Goglichidze

Igor BezdenezhnykhIgor LeontjevVladislav Kulik

Konstantin Savichev - Artem Kulishev - Alan Chochiev

Career overview

Season     Club                      Country        League           Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         FNL              12th

Next season

With the chance to take the team from the beginning of the season there's hope of a better performance and a top half finish is the board's expectation, which I think it's fair. With the right additions and a good run of form who knows how far we can go.

Edited by kingjericho

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png Chaika Peschanokopskoe - FNL - 2021/22

As expected, team cohesion built on last season paid its dividends as we started the season well and soon went near the top spots. We eventually took the lead at matchday 10, and held on to it until matchday 31, already after the winter break. After the return we dropped some points as teams started to sit back against us, making it harder to create chances. We did show up on most important matches and retook the lead with one match left, and sealed the championship with a boring 0-0 draw. In the cup we FM'ed Lokomotiv which was fun although the money from it was insignificant. That meant I agreed to sell an important player at the end of the season for €1m + clauses to try to keep the finances from falling into a bottomless pit.

Best XI

Mikhail Philippov

Semyon Matviychuk - Ali Gadjibekov - Soslan Takazov - Leo Goglichidze

Igor BezdenezhnykhIgor LeontjevDmitry Kayumov

Konstantin Savichev - Ramazan Isaev - Alan Chochiev

Career overview

Season     Club                      Country        League           Position    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         FNL              1st         Promoted as champions

Next season

With this team a realistic objective can't be more than a campaign without relegation scares, so I'll prepare the season with an eye on interesting job offers.

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png Chaika Peschanokopskoe - RPL - 2022/23

We had a furious start to the season racking up points and quickly establishing a comfortable gap to the bottom places. It was too good to be true, though, and after the winter break we couldn't keep up with the demanding fixtures and we went 11 winless and a total of 2W 7D 9L in the second part of the season. Just enough to avoid the dreaded relegation playoff. Financially the situation is still dire, and unless we sold some of our best players things don't look very bright. Dejan Lovren's wage (Zenit) is more than our total wage budget so that puts in perspective how weak we are in regards to money. A decent cup run that eneded in penalties was a good chapter of the season.

Best XI

Mikhail Philippov

Semyon Matviychuk - Ali Gadjibekov - Soslan Takazov - Leo Goglichidze

Igor BezdenezhnykhRamazan OrazovDanil Poluboyarinov

Muhammad Sultonov - Artem Kulishev - Alan Chochiev

Career overview

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         FNL              1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         RPL              10th

Next season

My contract is up and I will not renew it as I feel I have taken the club as far as I can.

1518.png.3f52e078aff69964f0ffe4106f61c759.png

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png CSKA Moscow

Club Info | Club Vision | Finances

Talk about going two steps forward! All season long I had my eye on job offers from Russia's best clubs but CSKA turned out to be the biggest and best surprise. Lokomotiv, Spartak, Zenit, and Krasnodar all had their managers hanging by a thread at some point, but CSKA had a quiet season culminating in a clear victory. Their manager decided it was time to hang up the boots and an unlikely vacancy happens. So here I am, expected to win the league again and have a good CL group stage. Just for reference, I go from a wage budget of €70k/week to €840k/week.

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png CSKA Moscow - RPL - 2023/24

League table | Competitions | Transfers | Finances

I had a rough start at Moscow. We started the season with a Supercup loss to biggest rivals Dinamo, and the league didn't start that well either, with a 6W 1D 6L to send us mid-table and to raise questions about my abilities. Indeed the approach I had at Peschanokopskoe was not working as well and I had to try a different setup. Therefore an aggressive 4-4-2 from the FM20 vault and we started racking up wins. Too late for the Champions League though, the group was tough and we had some bad luck too. Financially huge sales that the board decided to accept infuriated me, because I had to make up for all the lost points (12 down to the leaders at the winter break) with a weaker squad. I lost my best CB and LB and had to improvise with a backup from the reserve squad, who never performed decently. Anyway, after the break we resumed the league with a 10W 0D 1L, just enough to overtake everyone in a turnaround even I wasn't a believer for a long time.

Best XI

Pierluigi Gollini

Pavel Maslov - Vadim Karpov - Roman Zorin - Ryan Giles

Khvicha KvaratskheliaSteven EustáquioIvan Oblyakov - Baqtiiar Zainutdinov

Nikolay Komlichenko - Marin Petkov

Career overview

2023/24    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL              1st         Cup winners

Next season

I want to win the league again and do better in the CL.

Edited by kingjericho
12 hours ago, Koetzer said:

Great season! That Chinese bid for Skopintsev is insane (though I can understand it's hard to find a replacement with RPL foreigner rules).

I received crazy offers and unfortunately the board accepted two of them. Even looking for foreigners it was very hard to find players of the same quality that wouldn't cost almost the same amount. The best alternative I found was Alex Centelles who would cost me €20m (and take a foreign slot).

Edited by kingjericho
  • 3 weeks later...

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png CSKA Moscow - RPL - 2024/25

We won the Super Cup which possibly indicated a better start than last year, but we dropped too many points that we shouldn't have. The fight at the top is a battle and we started falling behind Dinamo and Zenit, reaching matchday 29 whithout a chance of winning the league. In the Cup, a big loss to overachievers Arsenal Tula. In the CL we stood no chance in a group with Lyon, Man City, and Real Madrid. 6 out of 6 and a grand total of zero points.

Best XI

Pierluigi Gollini

Pavel Maslov - Vadim Karpov - Sergey Borodin - Danil Krugovoy

Ivan Oblyakov

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia - Baqtiiar Zainutdinov

Facundo Grasso

Arnór SigurðssonNikolay Komlichenko

Career overview

2023/24    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL              1st         Cup winners
2024/25    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL              3rd         Super Cup winners

Next season

Even though this season was disappointing, the fact is in 5 years I have won Russia's top two divisions and both cups, so I think it's time for a change.

Edited by kingjericho

1494.png.2d39fdffa5fc1369e92dbc314f55c78e.png

por.png.86621b6b48b399e56ba65d2dc5feb5f8.png Vit. Guimarães

Club Info | Club Vision | Finances

After 5 years in Russia and overall successful, I'm coming home. Not to hang up my boots, though. I applied to and was approached by Austria Wien and Bayer Leverkusen as well, but torn between Portugal and Germany, I thought if I went to Germany it would be a step back in terms of league and club level to then go to Portugal. So I'm Vitória's new manager. Predicted 5th the aim is to go to Europe (EL or EC) but I'm thinking about a 5-year plan or similar in which we ultimately can be title contenders.

I got this message after a new chairman was elected. I had never seen the board negotiating players as part of campaign promises, and it sucks because the two offers will use all of the transfer budget and I can't do anything to stop them.

Edit: I can after all cancel the deals at the final confirmation dialog.

Edited by kingjericho

1494.png.2d39fdffa5fc1369e92dbc314f55c78e.png

por.png.86621b6b48b399e56ba65d2dc5feb5f8.png Vit. Guimarães - Liga NOS - 2025/26

Even though we didn't win anything, this was a very positive season and it encourages us for the future. With only domestic competitions to play, we had a great start to the league and disputed the top spot with Benfica for a long time, but they have so much more quality and proved too strong when fixtures and injuries took their toll on our squad. Porto and Sporting made up for lost points as the season progressed and were breathing at our necks as the season finished and the second spot and CL qualification was up for grabs. We almost threw it away with unexpected draws, but ended up beating Sporting 0-2 on the last matchday and securing a (potentially) precious second place.

Regarding the cups, the board wanted the semis on both and we achieved that. In the League Cup Sporting outplayed us and deserved the win; in the Cup even though we took the lead, we went down to 10 and that all but killed our chances.

Best XI

Nahuel Lastra

Falaye Sacko - Abdul Mumin - Michel - Emanuel Costa

Idrissa Doumbia

Gonçalo Borges - Úmaro Embaló

Elias Abouchabaka

SimyLyle-Foster

Career overview

2024/25    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL              3rd         Super Cup winners
2025/26    Vit. Guimarães            Portugal       Liga NOS         2nd

Next season

Hopefully we get a reputation increase and can attract some interesting players to make us compete closer to the big 3 in terms of individual quality.