[FMT21] Push the Tempo

58117053.png.5f50cf498d72c73730c08595b1fa7337.png

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png Chaika Peschanokopskoe

Club Info | Club Vision | Finances | League Table

My journey starts in Russia, with a team whose board expects to avoid relegation, but the press predicts a 4th place. With our current standing I'm inclined to agree with the board's expectations, but there's still time to turn it around. My contract is only for this season so it'll be interesting to see what I can do with this group. The budget is weird: I cannot change budgets although we have €100k for transfers but the wage budget is exactly what we're spending. Nevertheless, my approach to this job is not to waste time on prospects or financial stability. I want short term success in order to forge ahead with my reputation.

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png Chaika Peschanokopskoe - FNL - 2020/21

League | Cup | Transfers | Finances

It took a while to get things going after I took the seat at Peschanokopskoe. We had good runs of form with undefeated streaks, but most were draws so we weren't getting far from the relegation zone. We did manage to go into the winter break already out of there and things definitely picked up after the restart. We went 9 undefeated with 6W 3D and that was enough to make our season. Transfer wise, we lost one player whose contract is running out. This was the board's fault as they only freed up the wage budget at the start of May which made me unable to renew any contracts before that. Fortunately only one player was approached. Now I have successfully renewed almost all contracts that I wanted and there's still room to sign others on Bosman. Overall the finances are terrible but without sales there's not much I can do.

Best XI

Mikhail Philippov

Vladimir Khozin - Ali Gadjibekov - Radik Khairullov - Leo Goglichidze

Igor BezdenezhnykhIgor LeontjevVladislav Kulik

Konstantin Savichev - Artem Kulishev - Alan Chochiev

Career overview

Season     Club                      Country        League           Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         FNL              12th

Next season

With the chance to take the team from the beginning of the season there's hope of a better performance and a top half finish is the board's expectation, which I think it's fair. With the right additions and a good run of form who knows how far we can go.

Edited by kingjericho

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png Chaika Peschanokopskoe - FNL - 2021/22

As expected, team cohesion built on last season paid its dividends as we started the season well and soon went near the top spots. We eventually took the lead at matchday 10, and held on to it until matchday 31, already after the winter break. After the return we dropped some points as teams started to sit back against us, making it harder to create chances. We did show up on most important matches and retook the lead with one match left, and sealed the championship with a boring 0-0 draw. In the cup we FM'ed Lokomotiv which was fun although the money from it was insignificant. That meant I agreed to sell an important player at the end of the season for €1m + clauses to try to keep the finances from falling into a bottomless pit.

Best XI

Mikhail Philippov

Semyon Matviychuk - Ali Gadjibekov - Soslan Takazov - Leo Goglichidze

Igor BezdenezhnykhIgor LeontjevDmitry Kayumov

Konstantin Savichev - Ramazan Isaev - Alan Chochiev

Career overview

Season     Club                      Country        League           Position    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         FNL              1st         Promoted as champions

Next season

With this team a realistic objective can't be more than a campaign without relegation scares, so I'll prepare the season with an eye on interesting job offers.

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png Chaika Peschanokopskoe - RPL - 2022/23

We had a furious start to the season racking up points and quickly establishing a comfortable gap to the bottom places. It was too good to be true, though, and after the winter break we couldn't keep up with the demanding fixtures and we went 11 winless and a total of 2W 7D 9L in the second part of the season. Just enough to avoid the dreaded relegation playoff. Financially the situation is still dire, and unless we sold some of our best players things don't look very bright. Dejan Lovren's wage (Zenit) is more than our total wage budget so that puts in perspective how weak we are in regards to money. A decent cup run that eneded in penalties was a good chapter of the season.

Best XI

Mikhail Philippov

Semyon Matviychuk - Ali Gadjibekov - Soslan Takazov - Leo Goglichidze

Igor BezdenezhnykhRamazan OrazovDanil Poluboyarinov

Muhammad Sultonov - Artem Kulishev - Alan Chochiev

Career overview

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         FNL              1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         RPL              10th

Next season

My contract is up and I will not renew it as I feel I have taken the club as far as I can.

1518.png.3f52e078aff69964f0ffe4106f61c759.png

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png CSKA Moscow

Club Info | Club Vision | Finances

Talk about going two steps forward! All season long I had my eye on job offers from Russia's best clubs but CSKA turned out to be the biggest and best surprise. Lokomotiv, Spartak, Zenit, and Krasnodar all had their managers hanging by a thread at some point, but CSKA had a quiet season culminating in a clear victory. Their manager decided it was time to hang up the boots and an unlikely vacancy happens. So here I am, expected to win the league again and have a good CL group stage. Just for reference, I go from a wage budget of €70k/week to €840k/week.

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png CSKA Moscow - RPL - 2023/24

League table | Competitions | Transfers | Finances

I had a rough start at Moscow. We started the season with a Supercup loss to biggest rivals Dinamo, and the league didn't start that well either, with a 6W 1D 6L to send us mid-table and to raise questions about my abilities. Indeed the approach I had at Peschanokopskoe was not working as well and I had to try a different setup. Therefore an aggressive 4-4-2 from the FM20 vault and we started racking up wins. Too late for the Champions League though, the group was tough and we had some bad luck too. Financially huge sales that the board decided to accept infuriated me, because I had to make up for all the lost points (12 down to the leaders at the winter break) with a weaker squad. I lost my best CB and LB and had to improvise with a backup from the reserve squad, who never performed decently. Anyway, after the break we resumed the league with a 10W 0D 1L, just enough to overtake everyone in a turnaround even I wasn't a believer for a long time.

Best XI

Pierluigi Gollini

Pavel Maslov - Vadim Karpov - Roman Zorin - Ryan Giles

Khvicha KvaratskheliaSteven EustáquioIvan Oblyakov - Baqtiiar Zainutdinov

Nikolay Komlichenko - Marin Petkov

Career overview

2023/24    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL              1st         Cup winners

Next season

I want to win the league again and do better in the CL.

Edited by kingjericho
12 hours ago, Koetzer said:

Great season! That Chinese bid for Skopintsev is insane (though I can understand it's hard to find a replacement with RPL foreigner rules).

I received crazy offers and unfortunately the board accepted two of them. Even looking for foreigners it was very hard to find players of the same quality that wouldn't cost almost the same amount. The best alternative I found was Alex Centelles who would cost me €20m (and take a foreign slot).

Edited by kingjericho
  • 3 weeks later...

rus.png.6b3d4fea1f1d1fc367df7f0b8edb910a.png CSKA Moscow - RPL - 2024/25

We won the Super Cup which possibly indicated a better start than last year, but we dropped too many points that we shouldn't have. The fight at the top is a battle and we started falling behind Dinamo and Zenit, reaching matchday 29 whithout a chance of winning the league. In the Cup, a big loss to overachievers Arsenal Tula. In the CL we stood no chance in a group with Lyon, Man City, and Real Madrid. 6 out of 6 and a grand total of zero points.

Best XI

Pierluigi Gollini

Pavel Maslov - Vadim Karpov - Sergey Borodin - Danil Krugovoy

Ivan Oblyakov

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia - Baqtiiar Zainutdinov

Facundo Grasso

Arnór SigurðssonNikolay Komlichenko

Career overview

2023/24    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL              1st         Cup winners
2024/25    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL              3rd         Super Cup winners

Next season

Even though this season was disappointing, the fact is in 5 years I have won Russia's top two divisions and both cups, so I think it's time for a change.

Edited by kingjericho

1494.png.2d39fdffa5fc1369e92dbc314f55c78e.png

por.png.86621b6b48b399e56ba65d2dc5feb5f8.png Vit. Guimarães

After 5 years in Russia and overall successful, I'm coming home. Not to hang up my boots, though. I applied to and was approached by Austria Wien and Bayer Leverkusen as well, but torn between Portugal and Germany, I thought if I went to Germany it would be a step back in terms of league and club level to then go to Portugal. So I'm Vitória's new manager. Predicted 5th the aim is to go to Europe (EL or EC) but I'm thinking about a 5-year plan or similar in which we ultimately can be title contenders.

I got this message after a new chairman was elected. I had never seen the board negotiating players as part of campaign promises, and it sucks because the two offers will use all of the transfer budget and I can't do anything to stop them.

Edit: I can after all cancel the deals at the final confirmation dialog.

Edited by kingjericho

por.png.86621b6b48b399e56ba65d2dc5feb5f8.png Vit. Guimarães - Liga NOS - 2025/26

Even though we didn't win anything, this was a very positive season and it encourages us for the future. With only domestic competitions to play, we had a great start to the league and disputed the top spot with Benfica for a long time, but they have so much more quality and proved too strong when fixtures and injuries took their toll on our squad. Porto and Sporting made up for lost points as the season progressed and were breathing at our necks as the season finished and the second spot and CL qualification was up for grabs. We almost threw it away with unexpected draws, but ended up beating Sporting 0-2 on the last matchday and securing a (potentially) precious second place.

Regarding the cups, the board wanted the semis on both and we achieved that. In the League Cup Sporting outplayed us and deserved the win; in the Cup even though we took the lead, we went down to 10 and that all but killed our chances.

Best XI

Nahuel Lastra

Falaye Sacko - Abdul Mumin - Michel - Emanuel Costa

Idrissa Doumbia

Gonçalo Borges - Úmaro Embaló

Elias Abouchabaka

SimyLyle-Foster

Career overview

2024/25    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL              3rd         Super Cup winners
2025/26    Vit. Guimarães            Portugal       Liga NOS         2nd

Next season

Hopefully we get a reputation increase and can attract some interesting players to make us compete closer to the big 3 in terms of individual quality.

• 2 weeks later...

por.png.86621b6b48b399e56ba65d2dc5feb5f8.png Vit. Guimarães - Liga NOS - 2026/27

We didn't seem to have improved much on last season, and to that a terrible start didn't help us. We played the CL playoffs, first eliminating Dynamo Kiev but then losing at home to Zenit 1-2 after grabbing an away 2-2 draw. That moved us to the Europa League but also meant about €40m less in the bank, and also less of a reputation boost. In the league we had some tough matches to begin and we failed to win any of the first three, although later on we started to pick up form. We had 3 more draws than last season and GS/GC was marginally the same. No big difference, and those 6 points less would have only given us 3rd place. The cups were disappointing, losing away to Braga in the Cup and finishing 2nd in the LC group stage on GD.

Also not helping our start of season were 3 key players who left, two of them on the release clauses, and Michel who had the board accept a €25m bid. We made almost €50m on the three lads but also dropped quality on the three positions (GK, CB, LB). We have strong finances but still not that much to spend on transfers.

Best XI

Vadym Yaremchuk

Malo Gusto - Abdul Mumin - Camilo Pereira - Javi López

Idrissa Doumbia

Américo Cunha - Úmaro Embaló

Catalin Cîrjan

Gilson FernandesNahuel Lemos

Career overview

2026/27    Vit. Guimarães            Portugal       Liga NOS         4th

Next season

I need more consistency in the league and signing one or two gems for a good price would also help.

1478.png.3c52abfeb57e43687d45160c094e9b80.png

por.png.86621b6b48b399e56ba65d2dc5feb5f8.png FC Porto

When I came to Guimarães I wasn't thinking about a move like this, but last season was a bit disappointing and I'm aware overtaking Benfica would be a herculean task. So I applied to Porto's vacant job after a nightmare season, finishing 5th and losing the Cup final. Porto have had some rough years and now that I'm on the inside things look dire. The finances are bad because a team with this expenditure needs CL football so that's a high priority. On the bright side, I shouldn't need to make many moves regarding transfers as the squad is good and deep, plus I think there are some players I can sell to make some income.

por.png.86621b6b48b399e56ba65d2dc5feb5f8.png FC Porto - Liga NOS - 2027/28

When I opened the door at Estádio do Dragão I had a bit more work to do as I expected. Benfica won the last 5 leagues and nobody else is a real contender right now. But Porto is also not looking good. These years have drained the finances and when I arrived we had a negative €20m to start the season. Even with over €130m in sales the season ends with €3m in the bank, which means that Champions League is vital to keep us alive, or else the best players will need to leave consistently, something that Benfica doesn't need to do.

In the league we fought until the very end. My daredevil 3-4-3 approach scores for fun but also concedes a lot, and that cost us some matches when we needed to put pressure on Benfica. They still took the league but with slightly more work done this year. They also knocked us out of the Cup, but at least we beat them in the League Cup and then won the penalty shootout against Sporting in the final. The Europa Conference was all good until Feyenoord shockingly destroyed us, in a very unexpectedly uneven round.

Best XI

Diogo Costa

Tiago Freitas - Marash Kumbulla - Carlos Vale

Diogo Dalot - José Conceição - Donny van de Beek - Marco Asensio

João Gregório - EvanilsonHugo González

Career overview

2027/28    FC Porto                  Portugal       Liga NOS         2nd         League Cup winners

Next season

Possibly some unhappy players leave and I hope to still make a profit while bringing some young players in.

por.png.86621b6b48b399e56ba65d2dc5feb5f8.png FC Porto - Liga NOS - 2028/29

We built on last season with almost the same results and an improved defensive record. It was more than enough to clinch 2nd place but still far from Benfica, who at this stage are a step (or several) above everyone else. Our points tally should be almost enough to fight until the end but with Benfica barely conceding any goals they end up with records like this which is something I am almost powerless to fight.

We had a good chance to win the Cup as Benfica was eliminated early on, but so did we to Braga. In the League Cup we faced Benfica in the semis with the eventual winner facing a bottom table team on the other side of the bracket. In the CL things were slightly better, we reached the desired Group Stage and finished above Man City, but then Liverpool naturally knocked us out.

Best XI

Diogo Costa

Diogo Dalot - Nélsio Sambú - Carlos Vale - Judilson Baldé

Tiago Freitas

Hugo González - Enzo Antúnez

Gianluca Hollembach

João GregórioClaudinho

Career overview

2027/28    FC Porto                  Portugal       Liga NOS         2nd         League Cup winners
2028/29    FC Porto                  Portugal       Liga NOS         2nd

Next season

Improve league record, we need to get rid of those losses.

por.png.86621b6b48b399e56ba65d2dc5feb5f8.png FC Porto - Liga NOS - 2029/30

The aim for the season was to be a serious threat to Benfica's dominance in the last years, and we did just that. I opted for a policy of always fielding my strongest lineup in league games and rotate accordingly in all other competitions, including the CL, of which we had a strong but accessible group. Benfica started dropping points around December and in the second half they lost a lot more points than I even expected. Their season was so poor compared to previous ones that I would have won the league on the two previous seasons had Benfica done the same point tally.

We also edged Benfica in the League Cup final (2-0) but lost in the Cup final (2-3). In the Champions League we finished second behind Bayern and then faced holders Juventus, losing 3-1 after a 1-0 home win. This reasonable campaign helped our finances which are are ok but will improve in the summer, as Antúnez and Gregório want to leave. I started preparing this and splashed €60m on a new left winger, as good or even better than Antúnez who is already one of the best and is wanted by all the big sharks.

Best XI

Diogo Costa

Filipe Barros - Aleksandar Miladinovic - Carlos Vale - Judilson Baldé

Tiago Freitas

Bruno Santos - Enzo Antúnez

Maxime Sauvage

João GregórioGuillaume Martin

Career overview

2028/29    FC Porto                  Portugal       Liga NOS         2nd
2029/30    FC Porto                  Portugal       Liga NOS         1st         League Cup winners

Next season

My contract is up and even though a good challenge would be aiming for a domestic treble and go further in Europe I also want to try the major leagues at a higher level.

1668.png.ff156a7c045a4bc76826489cfd7e8687.png

esp.png.f43dad3be792ae497f541779e3e6198b.png Barcelona

There weren't that many top clubs looking for a new manager after the season ended. Curiously, Jorge Jesus retired and both Porto and Benfica signed new managers. In the end the decision came down to Barcelona, PSG, or RB Salzburg. All three are currently 5-time champions so domestically the expectation is to continue winning the league. For the first two the big goal is to win the Champions League.  The job conditions were pretty much the same, I chose Barça because France seems a more interesting nation should I desire to have a long-term project in a club to really improve them over time. Here, the objectives are for the present, and I should only consider my stay here a full success with a League+CL double.

esp.png.f43dad3be792ae497f541779e3e6198b.png Barcelona - LaLiga Santander - 2030/31

Arriving in Barcelona to a 5-time league winning squad the goals were clear: win the league again and challenge for the Champions League, last won in 2025/26. We started the season well but around December we had an injury crisis with 7 players out all at once which meant a drop in form. We lost some points and Real Madrid were stuck to us at the top of the league. We went back and forth until matchday 37 when we lost 2-0 at the Bernabéu and that meant we had to go and beat Valencia on the last matchday. A nerve wrecking affair, they outplayed us easily but we snuck up a goal and that was just enough to win the league on goal difference. Note that never had a second place made so many points, so this was a very difficult league to win.

In the Super Cup we beat Real and Atlético for the season's first trophy, and the cherry on top was a battle until the end. We faced Germany's top two teams and France's best until meeting Man City in the final. They didn't have the best domestic season (4th) but this final was so tough. We started better but on the 86th minute they turned the score to a 1-2 and in a grasp of true champions we scored on the 90th and 95th to win in true cinematic fashion.

Best XI

Anibio

Julián - Flavius Grameni - Josko Gvardiol - Kai Zetzmann

Oliver Skipp

Ansu Fati - Joaquín Casas

Phil Foden

Javier MartínezChristian Bassey

Career overview

Season     Club                      Country        League              Position    Achievements
2020/21    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         FNL                 12th
2021/22    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         FNL                 1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         RPL                 10th
2023/24    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL                 1st         Cup winners
2024/25    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL                 3rd         Super Cup winners
2025/26    Vit. Guimarães            Portugal       Liga NOS            2nd
2026/27    Vit. Guimarães            Portugal       Liga NOS            4th
2027/28    FC Porto                  Portugal       Liga NOS            2nd         League Cup winners
2028/29    FC Porto                  Portugal       Liga NOS            2nd
2029/30    FC Porto                  Portugal       Liga NOS            1st         League Cup winners
2030/31    Barcelona                 Spain          LaLiga Santander    1st         Super Cup and Champions League winners

Next season

I want to play the Club World Championship and challenge for all trophies again.

• 2 weeks later...

esp.png.f43dad3be792ae497f541779e3e6198b.png Barcelona - LaLiga Santander - 2031/32

After a near clean sweep in my first season the bar was set to repeat the achievements. The first trophy came in the first match in a win over Juventus. We then started our way through the league, but Real Madrid stepped up their game even more this season and definitely didn't give us one inch throughout the entire season. At one point they only had one loss, against us. It came down to the last matchday where we needed a draw at Valencia but we spectacularly lost 3-1. Luckily for us Real bottled their chances of ending a 12-year league drought (and 14 years for the CL) and drew 0-0 at Bilbao, keeping us top of the table. On a side note it's incredible how Zidane is still the manager with so many years of runners up. Sortitoutsi.

In the Champions League we had trouble but we did reach the final again, but this time we weren't so lucky and Man Utd edged a 2-1 win. The CWC has been revamped and is now player every 4 years, with the next one being on the summer of 2033. The squad has some ageing players that are running out their contracts so I will not renew them and this summer there will surely be more movement than last season.

Best XI

Anibio

Julián - Steven Taylor - Josko Gvardiol - Kai Zetzmann

Oliver Skipp

Ansu Fati - Tomas Suskovic-Jakopac

Phil Foden

Career overview

Season     Club                      Country        League              Position    Achievements
2021/22    Chaika Peschanokopskoe    Russia         FNL                 1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL                 1st         Cup winners
2024/25    CSKA Moscow               Russia         RPL                 3rd         Super Cup winners
2027/28    FC Porto                  Portugal       Liga NOS            2nd         League Cup winners
2029/30    FC Porto                  Portugal       Liga NOS            1st         League Cup winners
2030/31    Barcelona                 Spain          LaLiga Santander    1st         Super Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32    Barcelona                 Spain          LaLiga Santander    1st         UEFA Super Cup and Super Cup winners

Next season

Real Madrid are desperate to win the league again so I need to keep going at full force while also trying to avenge the CL final loss.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

esp.png.f43dad3be792ae497f541779e3e6198b.png Barcelona - LaLiga Santander - 2032/33

Some key players from the last decade are starting to decline and so I started to prepare the new generation with some careful scouting and also some renewals to avoid a massive overhaul which is always dangerous in a team that's expected to win almost every match. We had a quiet league with the very occasional slip up, but after January Real Madrid dropped a number of points unexpectedly and we built a good cushion to manage with the other competitions. We turned a 0-2 loss into a 4-1 win on the second leg to beat Real and advance to the Cup final, winning this title for the first time in my tenure. The Super Cup was also won by us.

Even though we did a domestic clean sweep the Champions League made this a not so great season. We finished the group in second behind Napoli and drew Bayern in the first knockout round. After a 0-0 at home where we sent two shots to the posts, we scored first in the second leg but Bayern scored our death blow 2-1 on the 87th minute, leaving us out of the contention way too early.

Best XI

Anibio

Flavius Grameni - Steven Taylor - Jes Jensen - Kai Zetzmann

Oliver Skipp

Ansu Fati - Tomas Suskovic-Jakopac

José Luis Osorio

Career overview

2031/32    Barcelona                 Spain          LaLiga Santander    1st         UEFA Super Cup and Super Cup winners
2032/33    Barcelona                 Spain          LaLiga Santander    1st         Cup, Super Cup, and CWC winners

Next season

My contract is finishing and I will look for a new challenge. While Barcelona is one of the elite clubs, playing at this level is not that fun because there's no difficulties in signing players since we are high on money and reputation. I won a CL, 3 leagues and 3 cups, not that bad although not perfect. but it's enough for me to consider this a successful stint and so this chapter is closed.

Edited by kingjericho

*2032/33 season update

I forgot we still had the CWC to play as it was not in the fixture list, but I ran down my contract until the end of June and stayed on a monthly contract until this was over.

Club World Cup

This is a pain to keep players fit for, but the good part is that it's like that for everyone. Especially in the semi final all players were exhausted way before the 90th minute. Overall we were the superior team in all matches and it was a deserved win, proving that our early CL exit this season was something very much out of the ordinary as this team should always be near the decisive matches. All in all it was the perfect way to leave Barcelona.

Posted (edited)

1140.png.6f9353c4a72241a00dd31df25e209fc8.png

ita.png.d2542f5fe4e805986aa0bc8b96f88d7d.png Lazio

Club Info | Club Vision | Finances

I wasn't sure on what my next club should be. I knew I wanted something more challenging, because with an absolute top team like Barcelona the challenge is, of course, winning everything, but with some effort into squad building that can be achieved fairly easily. There are no issues regarding money or convincing a certain player to sign, those factors are always certain, and that takes away part of the fun for me.

I applied to Nantes, Wolfsburg, Saint-Étienne, and Rapid Wien. I wasn't sure who to choose but then Lazio came up and it's a club I've been a fan of for almost twenty years so the choice became easy. Currently they're on a 9 year drought, having won the Cup in 2023 and the EL in 2024. They finished 8th last season so the immediate future is to put some order in the house. That means clearing deadwood, looking for young prospects and managing good performances and finances. I'm very happy with this decision as for the first time in this save I manage a club I actually like. :D 

Edited by kingjericho

ita.png.d2542f5fe4e805986aa0bc8b96f88d7d.png Lazio - Serie A - 2033/34

With a media prediction of 6th but with a squad way below the main clubs, our task wasn't going to be an easy one. The end result was satisfactory but we lacked consistency and had some rough patches of form, that cost us for example a very early Cup exit. We remained always in the European places and, at various stages, even in the top 4 which means Champions League, however we struggled with injuries and inconsistency during the second half of the season and fell behind the front group. I kept an eye on the Europa Conference League as I thought it could be a good opportunity to win a trophy, and we did reach the semi final but we were sadly outclassed by Betis 0-3 after a first leg 1-0 win.

The squad is in a tricky situation: I have several players whose contracts will enter the final year and some of them are not that good, but I can't afford a huge overhaul so possibly some players will remain even though their quality is not enough for me to think about establishing us as a regular top 4 team.

Best XI

Santos

Brice Menga     Francisco Vigo     Davide Fava     Alejandro Balde

Kyle Masuku

Hugo González                                                  Jasurbek Jaloliddinov

Adriano

Sandro Alexandre     Viktor-Chernev

Career overview

2032/33    Barcelona                 Spain          LaLiga Santander    1st         Cup, Super Cup, and CWC winners
2033/34    Lazio                     Italy          Serie A             6th

Next season

We're still not ready for a title challenge so I will look for a Champions League spot and a focus on the other competitions.

ita.png.d2542f5fe4e805986aa0bc8b96f88d7d.png Lazio - Serie A - 2034/35

We did see a very slight improvement on last season, scoring more, conceding less, and with one point more. I want us to be the "last of the best" instead of the "first of the rest", and that happened as we finish 6th again but are near the group of the title contenders. Transfers-wise I signed two needed players for the left side, plus swapped an unhappy quality striker for another one in the same conditions. Both unhappy and listed by request, both quality players, €55m in, €54m out. However the other signings were not matched properly by the sales and our situation is not very encouraging for the next transfer window.

In the other competitions we bottled hard against Torino in the Cup, losing 3-0 after a 2-1 win. In the Europa League we finished second in the group on goals scored and that meant we played an extra round, barely passing by Feyenoord. All that meant nothing because we then drew Man City who are a level above and beat us easily.

Best XI

Tommaso Gelli

Brice Menga     Francisco Vigo     Davide Fava     Gustavo Ribeiro

Kyle Masuku

Bernhard Nachreiner                                                  Gilmar

Adriano

Sandro Alexandre     Simone Paganelli

Career overview

2034/35    Lazio                     Italy          Serie A             6th

Next season

Try to improve the squad during the summer window to continue establishing us as the "last of the best", and a good cup run.

Just cruising through the leagues - at this point, you have to be considered one of the greatest of all-time! Titles in Russia, Portugal, and Spain and a CL title to boot!

2 hours ago, abulezz said:

Just cruising through the leagues - at this point, you have to be considered one of the greatest of all-time! Titles in Russia, Portugal, and Spain and a CL title to boot!

I'm still quite far from the GOATs but I'm getting there! :) 

ita.png.d2542f5fe4e805986aa0bc8b96f88d7d.png Lazio - Serie A - 2035/36

This season was one inch from being a massive letdown, after promising so much. During the entire season we were rock solid on the top 4, in fact we topped the table from matchday 10 to 19, but I knew we were overachieving quite a bit and we would drop more points soon. What I wasn't counting on was on a second half with so many upsets that were inexcusable. We lost many points at home to teams in the bottom half, failing to capitalize on the lost points of the other title contenders. In the end we were tight with Napoli holding on to 4th place and the final CL spot - they ended up winning the EL and thus getting an extra CL place.

In the EL we had a tough group and finished second, which meant playing the First Knockout Round where Leipzig sent us home. In the Cup we lost at home in the First Round, to Udinese. They are quickly becoming my bogey team, beating us in all three games this season while finishing in a modest 10th place. I did bring in some good players, though, and that should have meant a better season but in terms of wins and points we didn't imrpove much, so I'm hoping to do better next season and hope the CL gives us a reputation boost to attract those players that can solve matches on their own.

Best XI

Tommaso Gelli

Boulkassoum Lah     Francisco Vigo     Davide Fava     Gustavo Ribeiro

Kyle Masuku

Bernhard Nachreiner                                                  Gilmar

Adriano

Sandro Alexandre     Simone Paganelli

Career overview

2034/35    Lazio                     Italy          Serie A             6th
2035/36    Lazio                     Italy          Serie A             4th

Next season

Qualify for the CL and challenge for the Cup.