[FM21] Bundesliga(s) - The German football thread

Pavi

Hiya I am looking at starting a German league save with a team and try replicate Brentford/Barnsley's data approach transfer policy.

I want a team that doesn't have developing youth in their club DNA so I have had a look and here are a few German teams that fit my criteria.

I just can't decide who to manage so I was just wondering if anyone has any pro's or con's for each team to help me decide.

Union Berlin 
Ingolstadt 
SC Paperdorn 
Duisberg 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help! I've just started a save as Eintracht Frankfurt and they have no B team. I've found using the u23s in other countries to be imperative to keeping the whole squad fit. Is there anything I can do?

EDIT: Apologies, I found the option to ask the board for a II Club immediately after posting this and they have said they'll be setting one up, so it's only one year I have to cope without it.

Edited by enders357

• 5 weeks later...

91013388.png
Red Bull Leipzig 2020/21 season half way point

Decided to start new save with RB Leipzig (using updated transfers just before Chan went to Wolves on loan) before FM22 comes out. Will be focusing on signing young players and develop them into first team

0712cbd279e45972941804dc47758d10.png 
5f491d28b3cb226a9ea081c7a01a1925.png 

What a start especially with a draw against Bayern, in first game of the season even we dominated the game but couldn't break down Neuer. Disappointed with 2-1 loss to Union Berlin, once again we dominated especially going 2 goals down, also had goal disallowed too. We also finished top of our Champions League group :cool: However, I do expect Bayern to be on our arse rest of the season and win the title :( 

Transfers

Left transfers dealing to my director of football (Luis Campos) I only bought in Max Normann Williamsen for 7M, so I left bringing in players to Luis Campos for first team and Bernhard Peters to bring in youth players. I have bought both of them in when I took over, and improved the staffing at the club. They both bought in few players in the team and youth team. Campos, also bought in Dejan Jovelijic, on loan from LA Galaxy. I have also been playing few youngsters like Kacper Smorgol, Julian Pfennig, Erik Uhlmann and Sanoussy Ba.

Tactic

26850d0e2a1c0ae55003c9c0695042ec.png 

I have also gone for classic 4-4-2 formation, which I thought would suits the players, even Julian Nagelsmann, used it in 2019/20 season.

I believe Poulsen and Frosberg, have been excellent, sadly Poulsen picked up dislocated shoulder injury and ruled out for few months after scoring 2 late goals against Shakhtar Donetsk  :( 

b5b9a9ff6753868a3e93b269fb025598.png 

c3425287493e148c92deb0a85701dc76.png 

Edited by john1

Just started my save with Dortmund! I've signed a handful of young players, many that I was able to just approach for free with just having to pay compensation. I also managed to sign Camavinga who I want to partner with Bellingham in the middle. I've promoted Moukoko who I plan to partner with Haaland and have back up youngsters Ernest Poku (AZ) and Dane Scarlett (Spurs) to help out and develop. Re-training Jadon Sancho to be a CAM because I don't use wingers, hopefully that will go well and Giovanni Reyna will back him up. I've sold off both goalkeepers and brought in Vandevoordt as first choice keeper, with Owusu-Oduro (AZ) as backup / cup keeper.

This will be an interesting season as I look to go with youth where possible and shift out the older players. I think in the long term it will be better as I should be able to mold them to fit my tactic, something which older players probably don't do too well.

5058c65d5063122fc3158600978ed330.png

Can't believe I just won the Champions League :eek: Was expecting a hammering, as they was clear favourite for this. So I switched from attacking to positive mentality. Poulsen and Silva's partnership is on fire :cool: Will do update tomorrow. 

aca21aa35d2557f5080465a187afffc6.png 

30 medals \o/

Club also agreed to have II/B club next season, hopefully it will be useful steps/developments. from U's19 to B team to first team over the years.

Edited by john1

• 2 weeks later...

Just reached 31st December in the first season and Haaland is absolutely insane. He just won World Player of the year, World Footballer of the year and European Golden Boy and obviously part of the World Team of the year. I've also got Moukoko playing alongside him now :D Definitely looking forward to seeing how he progresses!

• 2 weeks later...