Winning with defence

I’m currently testing my own tactic with Inter with the aim of keeping clean sheets and being defensively miserly. I find most tactics people create for the game are focussed on attack. I would rather win 1-0 than 5-4. 

Early days for my test but showing promise with low line of engagement and regroup to draw opposition into my half, and then win the ball back with urgent pressing and counter attacking.

To be fair to FM20, I've had a lot more success since realising that I should be focussing on the Line of Engagement and not the Defensive Line when playing defensive. I thought the DL was how far the defence dropped when out of possession rather than how high they pushed in possession and I don't think I'm the only one that made that mistake.

1 hour ago, Cal585 said:

To be fair to FM20, I've had a lot more success since realising that I should be focussing on the Line of Engagement and not the Defensive Line when playing defensive. I thought the DL was how far the defence dropped when out of possession rather than how high they pushed in possession and I don't think I'm the only one that made that mistake.

You're not the only one that made that mistake :)